Sunday Final Rd Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Sunday Final Rd Results

Post by fowler_23 »

Congrats to grove and fulham on their promotion to div 1. Definitely the 2 best teams we played this year!
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

sometalent
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sometalent »

Thought brahma were going up?

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

fowler_23 wrote:Congrats to grove and fulham on their promotion to div 1. Definitely the 2 best teams we played this year!
Brahma didnt come up?? They would be disappointed, had some quality players in thier squad who should be playing higher
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

fowler_23 wrote:Congrats to grove and fulham on their promotion to div 1. Definitely the 2 best teams we played this year!
Is everyone jumping the gun a bit - don't they still need to beat Blue Eagles who only just lost to Grove?
Are you Bodo in disguise?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Knight15 wrote:
Is everyone jumping the gun a bit - don't they still need to beat Blue Eagles who only just lost to Grove?
You'd think that the League and other Clubs would be urging Blue Eagles not to forfeit the last game and force Fulham to earn their promotion and not just gift them 3 points to leapfrog over the current 2nd placed team on goal difference :o
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Vale_boy05
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Vale_boy05 »

Congrats to the Downs on the League.

What a rollercoaster of a season that was, did what we had to and secured Div 1 football for next season. I for one am looking forward to the break to try and let the body mend.
Last edited by Vale_boy05 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paipss Cisse
he scores when he wants.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Vale_boy05 wrote:Congrats to the Downs on the League.

What a rollercoaster of a season that was, did what we had to and secured Div 1 football for next season. I for one is looking forward to the break to try and let the body mend.
Great effort by the Vale...contenders for "best laid on spread by an opposition" award for 2014 (along with the Downs)...still talked about by the lads down South and so appreciated.

Vale_boy05
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Vale_boy05 »

swannsong wrote:
Vale_boy05 wrote:Congrats to the Downs on the League.

What a rollercoaster of a season that was, did what we had to and secured Div 1 football for next season. I for one is looking forward to the break to try and let the body mend.
Great effort by the Vale...contenders for "best laid on spread by an opposition" award for 2014 (along with the Downs)...still talked about by the lads down South and so appreciated.
You cant run a club without all the members who put hours of their time into it. The girls who lay the spreads out every home game and after training every Friday night cannot be thanked enough.

Congrats to Knights on surviving the drop, a good season to build upon.

Paipss Cisse
he scores when he wants.

Se7en
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Se7en »

All of the Fulham A squad want to play this catch up game against Blue Eagles. The season is and should be 18 games. If we're good enough we will go up. We want to earn our right to be back in div 1. Let's hope Blue Eagles are as keen as us to play.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Se7en wrote:All of the Fulham A squad want to play this catch up game against Blue Eagles. The season is and should be 18 games. If we're good enough we will go up. We want to earn our right to be back in div 1. Let's hope Blue Eagles are as keen as us to play.
Well said and good luck, it's a good achievement to be in contention but would enjoy the moment far more if you play and win
Are you Bodo in disguise?

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Knight15 wrote:
Se7en wrote:All of the Fulham A squad want to play this catch up game against Blue Eagles. The season is and should be 18 games. If we're good enough we will go up. We want to earn our right to be back in div 1. Let's hope Blue Eagles are as keen as us to play.
Well said and good luck, it's a good achievement to be in contention but would enjoy the moment far more if you play and win
Game is on (don't know where it came from it would not be played) and refs have been allocated for the game (A and B teams).

This time Fulham can right last season where they needed to win to stay up and produced a dreadful dour performance when it counted most.

Let's hope history does not repeat itself and Fulham this year take the game by the horns instead of being too tentative as they were last season against West Beach.

Take a leaf out of the Power book is what I say - hit them hard early and kill the game off in the 1st 17 mnutes :D

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

bigpond wrote:
Knight15 wrote:
Game is on (don't know where it came from it would not be played) and refs have been allocated for the game (A and B teams).

This time Fulham can right last season where they needed to win to stay up and produced a dreadful dour performance when it counted most.

Let's hope history does not repeat itself and Fulham this year take the game by the horns instead of being too tentative as they were last season against West Beach.

Take a leaf out of the Power book is what I say - hit them hard early and kill the game off in the 1st 17 mnutes :D

here...
saintpompom wrote:
De Voyeur wrote:Word on The street is Fulham after a Munno and Brahma draw but my uncles could be full of cabernet. Easties beat Gully 2 v 3.
Brahma drew and Fulham won and with Fulham's catch up game against Blue Eagles probably wont be played so Fulham shall jump to 2nd and go up.

Whilst it's been an improvement on last year the late goals conceded against Munno Para n Brahma have come back to haunt us.

Congrats to The Grove n Fulham.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

is it safe to say Div 2 will look something like this next year providing Fulham get the promo.....

FLORINA
VISTA
BRAHMA LODGE
P/HILLS EAST
SAN MARCO
TTG CITY
MUNNO PARA
MACEDONIA UTD
SAVOY
POLONIA

fk me there will be some cracker games, another Pirie trip, more feisty encounters with TTG, Brahama and MP
a few clubs we haven't played before so looking forward to a mega tough season
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Well done to the Downs.

We're shattered to be going down but we weren't clinical in front of goals all year and it cost us.

We will be back, I promise ;)
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

ontheblackburner wrote:Well done to the Downs.

We're shattered to be going down but we weren't clinical in front of goals all year and it cost us.

We will be back, I promise ;)
In your own words Div 2 is a tough tough league - look how close it has been this season.

Sad to see Florina go down as Fulham always love there games against them.

Fulham still have to win Sunday but may not be until 2016 before we can possibly meet again.

Ippatsu Geinin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ippatsu Geinin »

You could draw each other in the cup.

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

Congrats to the Grove on winning the div 2 title. They deserve to be back up in the premier division even if they did make it closer than they had to in the last 4 rounds

And good luck to Blue Eagles this weekend. I am sure there will be a big Brahma contingent down there cheering you lads on :D
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

Subbo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Subbo »

Blue Eagles Fulham game is definitely going ahead. Too much riding on it for us to forfeit for Brahma and Fulham.

Hopefully we see a big turnout at Marden to end what's been a hugely disappointing season for us.

bert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bert »

Well done to Allan Mottram for his hard work at the club along with Nobby and all the committee, players and all involved, a great year.
Champions 2014. Sunday Premier. " THE DOWNS "

Well done to an old team mate of mine Kels on getting " THE GROVE " back up to the top flight.
I heard kels had his dancing boots working well again this year fantastic footballer.
played4ever

Prince1997
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Prince1997 »

When is the Blue Eagles vs Fulham game being played ?

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Prince1997 wrote:When is the Blue Eagles vs Fulham game being played ?
Sunday 14 September 3pm @ Marden
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Arturo Ui
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Arturo Ui »

lefty wrote:
Prince1997 wrote:When is the Blue Eagles vs Fulham game being played ?
Sunday 14 September 3pm @ Marden
Playing out on the back pitch will be a great leveller.
Beware of satirical imitations