SAASL - FFSA ??

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

SAASL - FFSA ??

Post by swannsong »

Be interesting to see how this hopefully progresses !

Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: SAASL - FFSA ??

Post by wizard »

Would be great for the game in SA.

What would it mean for teams with Ethnic names? They'd have to change I assume.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Well overdue but i ain't holding my breath

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

wizard wrote:Would be great for the game in SA.

What would it mean for teams with Ethnic names? They'd have to change I assume.
Unlikely.
Time for some righteous indignation

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

notice he says FFA and not FFSA in his quote. this will go nowhere.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

If FFSA get one place in the FFA Cup for their 29 clubs, should SAASL get 3 spots for their 87 clubs? :shock:
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

otto62 wrote:If FFSA get one place in the FFA Cup for their 29 clubs, should SAASL get 3 spots for their 87 clubs? :shock:
The State is looked at as a collective total ie SA will have 116 Clubs.

Fresh Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fresh Football »

This will only happen if FFSA waive the large affiliation fee. Never in a million years will they do that...
Adelaide Wanderers
2005 COLLEGIATE CUP CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 A
2006 DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 B
2008 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 1 A
2008 CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS
2013 CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER FINALISTS
http://www.adelaidewanderers.com

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Fresh Football wrote:This will only happen if FFSA waive the large affiliation fee. Never in a million years will they do that...
This!
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by dj_no.1 »

What benefits are there for the saasl to join the ffsa?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Fresh Football wrote:This will only happen if FFSA waive the large affiliation fee. Never in a million years will they do that...
I don't see the collegiate league paying massive affiliation fees to the FFSA

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

bloodypassit wrote:
Do the collegiate teams make up part of the 29 clubs listed?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

dj_no.1 wrote:What benefits are there for the saasl to join the ffsa?

There aren't any.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:

There aren't any.
Not quite true. The way some carry on, Parafield Gardens or Lizzie Downs could win the local Fed Cup, qualify for FFA cup, win that and get into the ACL!

All cabernet aside, if anything the FFSA should join the SAASL at least as far as admin goes. If you need to re-badge the name of the new "joint" governing body to appease the masses, so be it.
Ignore this signature

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Bomber wrote:

There aren't any.
Not quite true. The way some carry on, Parafield Gardens or Lizzie Downs could win the local Fed Cup, qualify for FFA cup, win that and get into the ACL!

All cabernet aside, if anything the FFSA should join the SAASL at least as far as admin goes. If you need to re-badge the name of the new "joint" governing body to appease the masses, so be it.
+1
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

The only reason for any of this chat is so the FFSA can get more teams into the FFA cup and a no win at all for SAASL
"I walk the line" Johnny Cash the man in black

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

Just need to treat it as a merger rather than an acquisition, with a balanced board and management, and pre-set guidelines on structure, finances, etc.
Because everyone needs one.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

bench-warmer wrote:Just need to treat it as a merger rather than an acquisition, with a balanced board and management, and pre-set guidelines on structure, finances, etc.
Do you think it should be proportionate to membership size?

If so the FFSA clubs would never agree to that.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by dj_no.1 »

I couldnt care if there were no clubs in the ffa cup. Ill be hoping for no merger. I can only see rego fees skyrocketing.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

would be good to see saasl teams with the opportunity to play in the federation cup
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Bomber wrote:

There aren't any.

Don't think anyone has suggested anything about 'football prowess' in this discussion, it's mostly been about following, support and number of players registered with the FFA.
Also the fact that due to the impasse, SAASL teams and affiliated junior sides cannot compete in any FFA competitions or play against FFSA teams without fear of reprimand from the FFSA.
An example would be...there used to be a fairly regular and strong National Amateur Championship that South Australia had often been successful in...currently an SAASL State select side cannot compete in these kinds of Championships or, as hilighted in the article, could not even play a celebratory exhibition game against Adelaide United.

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

Black_Panther wrote:
bench-warmer wrote:Just need to treat it as a merger rather than an acquisition, with a balanced board and management, and pre-set guidelines on structure, finances, etc.
Do you think it should be proportionate to membership size?

If so the FFSA clubs would never agree to that.
For sure. Everyone wants to protect their turf.

Should have said a consolidation, rather than merger. Set up a truly independent entity with the SAASL and FFSA as operational divisions. Neither would exist as it does. This would solve the inherent distrust between the organisations, by not having one subordinate to the other.

Each party brings something to the table. Be it number of clubs, number of players (seniors, juniors, women) and how much they pay to play, volunteers, pitches, cash, assets, management structure, supporter numbers, level of competition, public exposure, etc.

You really need a third party to quantify all that, put in a proposed consolidation structure and put it to the two leagues. If they agree, done. If not, get on with life.

The problem is neither the SAASL or FFSA is in trouble, so a hostile takeover would be resisted.

The stick isn't working. Start using the carrot.
Because everyone needs one.

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

Not this chestnut again. The SAASL needs the FFSA like the Titanic needed the iceberg.

Until they can get their act together and show real leadership with regards to running Football in this State for the good of all and not just their own elitist self interests there is naff all in it for SAASL folk.

The current mob running the FFSA see the SAASL as a cash cow and because they cant get their grubby mits on the cash they throw their toys out the pram and hold the whole SA Footballing community back with their childish inter league ban. Reasonable people can not and should not bow to their pathetic tactics. If the current mob took over they would decimate in a year or two what the SAASL has taken fifty years to set up.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

You Too wrote:Not this chestnut again. The SAASL needs the FFSA like the Titanic needed the iceberg.

Until they can get their act together and show real leadership with regards to running Football in this State for the good of all and not just their own elitist self interests there is naff all in it for SAASL folk.

The current mob running the FFSA see the SAASL as a cash cow and because they cant get their grubby mits on the cash they throw their toys out the pram and hold the whole SA Footballing community back with their childish inter league ban. Reasonable people can not and should not bow to their pathetic tactics. If the current mob took over they would decimate in a year or two what the SAASL has taken fifty years to set up.
May not need the FFSA, but would be great to be aligned with FFA > FIFA ( despite their failings and alleged corruption).

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

swannsong wrote:
You Too wrote:Not this chestnut again. The SAASL needs the FFSA like the Titanic needed the iceberg.

May not need the FFSA, but would be great to be aligned with FFA > FIFA ( despite their failings and alleged corruption).
Hence why SAASL are talking with FFA, rather than FFSA.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

Swanny I agree with you. I would love nothing more than to see Football in this State moving forward as one ultimately under the FIFA umbrella. However the current crowd running the FFSA are not interested in Football they are only interested in themselves. Unfortunately until the people appointing / voting them in actually wake up and elect some real leaders who want to put Football first the status quo will remain.

Cant see the FFA overriding the FFSA that would really show how dysfunctional they are.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

You Too wrote:Swanny I agree with you. I would love nothing more than to see Football in this State moving forward as one ultimately under the FIFA umbrella. However the current crowd running the FFSA are not interested in Football they are only interested in themselves. Unfortunately until the people appointing / voting them in actually wake up and elect some real leaders who want to put Football first the status quo will remain.

Cant see the FFA overriding the FFSA that would really show how dysfunctional they are.
How is the FFSA dysfunctional .... It was the FFA who informed FFSA that all clubs and associations are to work under the same insurance program .

If the FFSA were not interested in the development of football in this state why have we got new grounds ( Burton/Adelaide Shores/Parks Community Centre)

Why does FFSA still invest money into coaching development/player pathways etc

Just think when a game is completed the FFSA website is updated within the hour with scores and ladders... What is the average time with the SAASL updating their website.

How frustrating is it for SAASL clubs to know when a player is suspended with accumulated yellow cards after his 5th yellow ... it varies from 1 week to 3 weeks
as the FFSA will notify the club within that week .

How do you assume that affiliation fees will sky rocket ... I dont see the Collegiate League having massive affiliation fees..while your at it have a look at their website....

Im sure every association has its faults but lets look at the big picture .. There are some massive positives if both parties can work together ....

No one is asking for either bank accounts...

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

PASC wrote:
This!
Absolutely NFI.

Small town Adelaide, small town thinking.
Time for some righteous indignation

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Black_Panther wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:
Do the collegiate teams make up part of the 29 clubs listed?
No...no collegiate teams entered the Federation Cup due to timing....prelim round was early Feb .. Some clubs had just started preseason

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

bloodypassit wrote:
You Too wrote:Swanny I agree with you. I would love nothing more than to see Football in this State moving forward as one ultimately under the FIFA umbrella. However the current crowd running the FFSA are not interested in Football they are only interested in themselves. Unfortunately until the people appointing / voting them in actually wake up and elect some real leaders who want to put Football first the status quo will remain.

How is the FFSA dysfunctional .... It was the FFA who informed FFSA that all clubs and associations are to work under the same insurance program .

If the FFSA were not interested in the development of football in this state why have we got new grounds ( Burton/Adelaide Shores/Parks Community Centre)

Why does FFSA still invest money into coaching development/player pathways etc

Just think when a game is completed the FFSA website is updated within the hour with scores and ladders... What is the average time with the SAASL updating their website.

How frustrating is it for SAASL clubs to know when a player is suspended with accumulated yellow cards after his 5th yellow ... it varies from 1 week to 3 weeks
as the FFSA will notify the club within that week .

How do you assume that affiliation fees will sky rocket ... I dont see the Collegiate League having massive affiliation fees..while your at it have a look at their website....

Im sure every association has its faults but lets look at the big picture .. There are some massive positives if both parties can work together ....

No one is asking for either bank accounts...

Passit the FFSA can't get their act together and pull the whole footballing community in SA together and move forward as one. I doubt there would be very many people associated with the game in this state who would not want that to happen. How hard could it possibly be to develop a plan, bring everyone together, compromise a little and move forward, especially when the majority want that exact outcome.

If you can't acheive what the majority want then surely per se you are totally dysfunctional.