SAASL - FFSA ??

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: SAASL - FFSA ??

Post by PASC »

Stitch This wrote:
PASC wrote:
Fresh Football wrote:This will only happen if FFSA waive the large affiliation fee. Never in a million years will they do that...
This!
Absolutely NFI.

Small town Adelaide, small town thinking.
please feel free to share your wisdom and enlighten us...
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 4-4-2 »

Saasl and adelaide united seem to get on well together given the proposed game and other things over the years. Adelaide united and ffsa don't get along. Saasl and ffsa don't get along. One common denominator here is ffsa not getting along with anyone. Perhaps a change in the management of the ffsa may result in a possible clean slate for all 3 parties and the game as a whole can move forward together. After all was carter not in charge of baseball prior to ffsa, if so I know little about that sport but probably notice more in the news now than previously and understand it is in better shape now than previously. Perhaps the state government need to open an independent inquiry into where things are going wrong and submit a report providing recommendations on how to solve this issue as fair as possible for all concerned.

jonnomath
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jonnomath »

If i was FFSA CEO i would invite the amalgamation and recommend the money in the coffers be used to ensure all Div 1 and Div 2 clubs are upgraded to ensure their suitability to compete in the NPL e.g. fencing, player race, changerooms, clubrooms, lighting etc.

The idea behind such an idea is to ensure that a promotion relegation system exists between Amateur and NPL and that FFSA and FFA Cup games may be played at the majority of these grounds.

With regard to promotion/relegation, Yes, i am only referring to saturday teams here because obviously NPL teams play Saturday, if a Sunday team is ambitious enough to want to be playing in the NPL then i would welcome their move to the Saturday division and vice versa if a Saturday team was not ambitious for promotion they may move to Sunday.

Yes, some harsh decisions there around playing saturday/sunday but this is about long term viability and over time this model will work the best.

BTW: the remaining funds would be maintained in a trust account only to be used upon board level approval (ofcourse my new board (as the CEO) would consist of half Amateur and half Fed representative)

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

jonnomath wrote:If i was FFSA CEO i would invite the amalgamation and recommend the money in the coffers be used to ensure all Div 1 and Div 2 clubs are upgraded to ensure their suitability to compete in the NPL e.g. fencing, player race, changerooms, clubrooms, lighting etc.

The idea behind such an idea is to ensure that a promotion relegation system exists between Amateur and NPL and that FFSA and FFA Cup games may be played at the majority of these grounds.

With regard to promotion/relegation, Yes, i am only referring to saturday teams here because obviously NPL teams play Saturday, if a Sunday team is ambitious enough to want to be playing in the NPL then i would welcome their move to the Saturday division and vice versa if a Saturday team was not ambitious for promotion they may move to Sunday.

Yes, some harsh decisions there around playing saturday/sunday but this is about long term viability and over time this model will work the best.

BTW: the remaining funds would be maintained in a trust account only to be used upon board level approval (ofcourse my new board (as the CEO) would consist of half Amateur and half Fed representative)
What remaining funds...what you have prescribed to be done with the money would consume the whole of the SAASL cash reserves.......and if you attended an AGM you would realise that the interest from the cash reserve funds much of the operating cost of the SAASL and allows them to keep club costs minimal.
Also the model of promotion relegation existed many years ago before the SAASL absorbed the remains of the Federation's 3rd Division.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

swannsong wrote:
jonnomath wrote:If i was FFSA CEO i would invite the amalgamation and recommend the money in the coffers be used to ensure all Div 1 and Div 2 clubs are upgraded to ensure their suitability to compete in the NPL e.g. fencing, player race, changerooms, clubrooms, lighting etc.

What remaining funds...what you have prescribed to be done with the money would consume the whole of the SAASL cash reserves.......and if you attended an AGM you would realise that the interest from the cash reserve funds much of the operating cost of the SAASL and allows them to keep club costs minimal.
Also the model of promotion relegation existed many years ago before the SAASL absorbed the remains of the Federation's 3rd Division.
Swannsong spot on as usual.
And SAASL clubs that play Sunday and in the lower Divs on Saturday would vote for this because ....?
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

How would that effect Coaches, given that all coaches ( from my understanding ) from ffsa have to have Accreditation ?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

If the SAASL is aligned with FFSA/FFA they would need to have all coaches accredited , become part of the National Club Accreditation Scheme
But then have the benefits of utilising MyFootballClub which make life easier for club registars as they can register a play online rather than travelling to Grange.

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 4-4-2 »

Maybe the saasl could affiliate with FFA but be separate to the ffsa. This way the extra spot in the FFA cup due to the larger number of players can go to the saasl :D

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

bloodypassit wrote:If the SAASL is aligned with FFSA/FFA they would need to have all coaches accredited , become part of the National Club Accreditation Scheme
But then have the benefits of utilising MyFootballClub which make life easier for club registars as they can register a play online rather than travelling to Grange.
As a registrar at a junior club in the NDJSA, there are no benefits to MyFootballClub. It is a hopless system to use and when ever you ask FFSA for assistance they decline and refer you back to your local junior assoc. who know nothing about the system.
The system is a good idea, it is just a badly written program.

astonvilla91
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by astonvilla91 »

Caretaker Coach wrote:How would that effect Coaches, given that all coaches ( from my understanding ) from ffsa have to have Accreditation ?
It would mean better coaches.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

astonvilla91 wrote:
Caretaker Coach wrote:How would that effect Coaches, given that all coaches ( from my understanding ) from ffsa have to have Accreditation ?
Riiiiiiight.
Or there'd be widespread lack of compliance, with coaches that can't be bothered, clubs that haven't got the volunteer levels to be bothered, and players that aren't bothered. It's not like SAASL Div 7 is really part of the national player development pathway, is it.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

astonvilla91 wrote:
:lol: you idiot

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

DonDownUnder wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:If the SAASL is aligned with FFSA/FFA they would need to have all coaches accredited , become part of the National Club Accreditation Scheme
As a registrar at a junior club in the NDJSA, there are no benefits to MyFootballClub. It is a hopless system to use and when ever you ask FFSA for assistance they decline and refer you back to your local junior assoc. who know nothing about the system.
The system is a good idea, it is just a badly written program.
Why wouldnt you ring the MyFootball support centre??

legendaryhasbeen
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by legendaryhasbeen »

Bump, a year later and still no closer