Results Sunday 24th August

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: Results Sunday 24th August

Post by swannsong »

fowler_23 wrote:
Fact Hunt wrote:Until refs can learn to take some constructive criticism maybe they should refrain from jumping to conclusions. Not saying he shouldn't ref just maybe look at who he does ref. I would rather he didn't ref teams I am connected with as I don't think he's any good but that is my opinion based on what I have seen. The best refs I have seen are ones that don't think it is all about them.
So not Steve Vlassis then :evil:
Would have to say Steve is one of the better refs we have had this year, he talks to players, explains his reason...has never like too much back chat but has improved a great deal from what I have seen of him this year.....either that or Knights have pegged back on chatting to him :)
I can guarantee there are more mistakes during games made by players. Players appeal for everything, regardless of if someone touched the ball or player, they to try and sway decisions and often the biggest 'names' are the worst, in the referees faces constantly......just sayin' .
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Not saying they don't become refs just they are not allocated to games where they have played or coached teams.

Seems like a family basic conflict of interest, especially at our level of football.

But then again, you can argue that refs at all levels have teams they support and dislike, so it's probably a hard thing to monitor.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

All current club affiliations are to be nominated when you register each year for SAARSA membership. I have never seen any conflicts of interest from any current referees. My biggest gripe this year however with some referees (& told them accordingly) is their inability to control games at times every one makes mistakes that's a given players & coaches included.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

swannsong wrote:I can guarantee there are more mistakes during games made by players.
That's unfair! There's 22x more players out there :)
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Judge Judy wrote:
swannsong wrote:I can guarantee there are more mistakes during games made by players.
That's unfair! There's 22x more players out there :)
I'll rephrase that, by each player. :)

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

After reading the previous pages an seeing someone from vista carry on about gardens droppin down players i heard a whisper that vista dropped a As player an a few Bs to play in a catch up game last night? As filbert said thats "cheating" clubs a joke an needs its prioritys sorted

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

I think you'll find they do read correct.... 2 - 3 was gardens win. And 0 - 1 in the reserves. :clown:[/quote]

The scores may be correct, it's how they were achieved that's wrong, loading teams is wrong, if Gardens win the C league they will do knowing that they have done so with a side that was playing a level below, in my book it's called cheating......it will be a title that means nothing.....FACT.[/quote]

Did you not drop players last night Filbert? Now if use blokes win league your title will mean nothing bunch of muppets!

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Guiseppe wrote:After reading the previous pages an seeing someone from vista carry on about gardens droppin down players i heard a whisper that vista dropped a As player an a few Bs to play in a catch up game last night? As filbert said thats "cheating" clubs a joke an needs its prioritys sorted
Gardens didn't drop players Stevie J had an operation and wasn't goin
to play again this season but the C's were short so he played Rudi has
played C's & B's all season Vlad is the ressie coach and went in goals
as Ash the regular keeper was away and to show how despRATe and
Depleted both the C's & B's were the Rodent was asked to have a run.
Why would we stack our C's when the B's are in the hunt for the league
sitting 2nd ??
Take your loss and stop making excuses as to why you lost !!!
Every Rat has his day !!

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

Rodent im sayin Vista stacked their team last night pal not having a dig at gardens? Just funny vista sook about use blokes then next week stack their team to win! With As and Bs players might i add!

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

You would think Vista main priority would be to stay up in Div 1 not win the C league! They need atleast a point against downs or farm to stay up! What if one the As or Bs players were injured last night and cant play sunday mmmm. Not to mention both As and Bs coaches had no idea that some of their players were playing Cs until theybseen them warmingup for the Cs. Wouldng suprise me to see lota of players leave next year!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Where's KING NUGGET's infamous thread topic when you need it ??

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

swannsong wrote:Where's KING NUGGET's infamous thread topic when you need it ??
The Whaa Whaa sister thread ...??? !!
Every Rat has his day !!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Rodent wrote:
swannsong wrote:Where's KING NUGGET's infamous thread topic when you need it ??
The Whaa Whaa sister thread ...??? !!
Here it is !

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

Fact Hunt wrote:Interesting that a former head coach of Florina gets to referee their game against the Downs?????
For the record I don't necessarily think he was biased, just terrible.
Russell, thanks for the consistent criticism. Can always count on you to reflect negatively on my performance(becoming a regular occurrence). I'm just surprised your alter ego Old Redback doesn't weigh into the conversation. Especially as a lot of your conversations are with each other(yourself??? :roll: )

As you see me as a terrible referee Russell I assume you could do a good job yourself????
or does your name give away your athletic ability :roll:
things happen for a reason

Johnny_Rambo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Johnny_Rambo »

Think you will find the C team result is wrong....It should read Vista C's 2 Gardens C's and B's 3....I hope you win nothing !!!!!![/quote]

I think you'll find they do read correct.... 2 - 3 was gardens win. And 0 - 1 in the reserves. :clown:[/quote]

The scores may be correct, it's how they were achieved that's wrong, loading teams is wrong, if Gardens win the C league they will do knowing that they have done so with a side that was playing a level below, in my book it's called cheating......it will be a title that means nothing.....FACT.[/quote]

Filbert the F €#$wit, everybody :lol:

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Rodent wrote:
Guiseppe wrote:After reading the previous pages an seeing someone from vista carry on about gardens droppin down players i heard a whisper that vista dropped a As player an a few Bs to play in a catch up game last night? As filbert said thats "cheating" clubs a joke an needs its prioritys sorted
sitting 2nd ??
I'd like to think your Bs have minimal chance of winning the league :D

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Guiseppe wrote:Rodent im sayin Vista stacked their team last night pal not having a dig at gardens? Just funny vista sook about use blokes then next week stack their team to win! With As and Bs players might i add!
Dropping Doc surely isn't stacking just along awaited reality

Filbert Fox
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Filbert Fox »

Rodent wrote:
sitting 2nd ??

Just for the record, Every player that played last night against Raptors started the season with the C grade, there were about 6 players that have played B's because of injury's and suspension but are primarily C grade players. The one player that was supposedly an A grade player is 18 years old, played for me for the last 2 years in the colts and has played BIT parts for A grade because of a shortage of players at the top level, we also were told by Raptors that they would be fielding a decent side ( C's B's and i think one A grade player ) so it was only right that i fielded a strong C grade side.
Thanks to Raptors for there honesty in the side they were fielding, it made for a really good game, our 6-0 win didn't do them justice, it flattered us somewhat but in the 2 games we have had against them have been really competitive and good football was played by both sides.

I do however think after my comments on Sunday about cheating that this was wrong ( I am a bad loser ) and i shouldn't have called anyone a cheat, if i have offended anyone then i apologise, we all say and do things in the heat of the moment and i am no different, thanks.

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

robinfriday10 wrote:
Fact Hunt wrote:Interesting that a former head coach of Florina gets to referee their game against the Downs?????
For the record I don't necessarily think he was biased, just terrible.
Russell, thanks for the consistent criticism. Can always count on you to reflect negatively on my performance(becoming a regular occurrence). I'm just surprised your alter ego Old Redback doesn't weigh into the conversation. Especially as a lot of your conversations are with each other(yourself??? :roll: )

As you see me as a terrible referee Russell I assume you could do a good job yourself????
or does your name give away your athletic ability :roll:
I don't ref as I don't think I would be any good. Whilst I appreciate that we need referees it is still a free country and I can express that I don't think you are very good at it. In the same way great players don't necessarily become great coaches, it also follows that people who have been around football a long time don't necessarily make the best refs. The advantage you have is that you can learn from criticism and also have every right not to accept it. No personal agendas Brad I just don't think that the moment, only from what I have seen you are any good. That being said - and those that know me will attest - that when I do see something I think is good I will be happy to eat my words and acknowledge it and do it publicly.

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

As for questioning my athletic ability it is fair to say that my best days are in the rear view mirror. I stopped performing when I realized that my performances were no longer of an acceptable standard - may be there is some wisdom there? :D

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

the problem reffs have is that they can only please 50% of the crowd. i confess i was a serial ref abuser as a player and it was only when i started coaching that i realised i could have been a better player if i hadnt. :( :roll:

jonnomath
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jonnomath »

Unfair to call out brad here, I for one think he is one of the better refs.

His common sense approach comes from previous playing and coaching experience.

Just because you don't agree with his decisions doesn't mean he is incorrect, YOU could be wrong... Heaven forbid!

Plus it is very anti productive to ref recruitment to call them out here. The fact of the matter is that there are not enough of them and this sort of "attack" needs to be removed from this forum ASAP.

Brad, to you, please don't listen to this one persons comments... Please keep doing what you're doing, you are valued highly in the amateur league. There aren't too many people that have provided the service that you have over the years both as div 1 player, coach and now ref... You should actually be given a medal for your commitment.

Keep it up!

mushrow
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mushrow »

jonnomath wrote:Unfair to call out brad here, I for one think he is one of the better refs.

Just because you don't agree with his decisions doesn't mean he is incorrect, YOU could be wrong... Heaven forbid!

Plus it is very anti productive to ref recruitment to call them out here. The fact of the matter is that there are not enough of them and this sort of "attack" needs to be removed from this forum ASAP.

Brad, to you, please don't listen to this one persons comments... Please keep doing what you're doing, you are valued highly in the amateur league. There aren't too many people that have provided the service that you have over the years both as div 1 player, coach and now ref... You should actually be given a medal for your commitment.

Keep it up!
Totally agree with this. Keep up the great work Brad.
Dixie Dean was hailed by another Mersey legend, Liverpool’s Bill Shankly, as “belonging in the company of the supremely great, like Beethoven, Rembrandt and Shakespeare.”

60 goals, never to be equalled.

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

:lol:
Last edited by robinfriday10 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

thanks for the appreciation.....

as for listening to this one person.....thought it was about time he was told!
Fact Hunt wrote: The advantage you have is that you can learn from criticism and also have every right not to accept it
i'm more than happy to take criticism from creditable people but from someone who has conversations with himself under 2 user names I don't think so...
Plenty of creditable people at the Downs (coaches and players seem to have a good rapport with me) you just aren't one of them!!

as for no personal agenda??? numerous slagging's after downs games ( but no one else has copped it!!)

on a lighter note
Fact Hunt wrote: happy to eat my words

isn't that why you have no athletic ability :shock:

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

mushrow wrote:
jonnomath wrote:Unfair to call out brad here, I for one think he is one of the better refs.

Keep it up!
Totally agree with this. Keep up the great work Brad.
I concur. Thought Brad was one of the better ones when I was still playing.