Results Sunday 24th August

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Results Sunday 24th August

Post by I am Costanza »

East Boy wrote:Going to be a great game vs brahma next week!
Got my dole cheque cashed.... can't wait!

Just make sure there is plenty of red tins on ice and a few Guinness on hand for Web. I hear he has been exercising his drinking arm up in Fiji and is ready to go
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

Interesting that a former head coach of Florina gets to referee their game against the Downs?????
For the record I don't necessarily think he was biased, just terrible.

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

Fact Hunt wrote:Interesting that a former head coach of Florina gets to referee their game against the Downs?????
I think the last thing Florina need to worry about is who the Referee is!!! Referee had no input into the game or the result!

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

Whilst that is true LRO his failure to clamp down on some dreadful tackles from behind has left a few needlessly sore ankles today.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

ZegnaArmani wrote: You'd also like to know that they have one of your match-balls. Went to take a goal kick and saw "SCUSC" on the ball... :lol:
:D
So far this year I've seen an SISC match ball at Parafield and a PGSC at the Downs...we've lost about 10 match balls (we also use them as training balls) this year...
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

mushrow
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mushrow »

jackdogs wrote:
Relegated wrote:The club needs to take some teams to wherever the council has some nice manicured lawns or gardens and train on them for a few weeks. As far as i know there would be nothing illegal about it and would send a strong message to the council that the current pitches are unacceptable.
the club is doing everything it can together with the council, we did have ladywood for a few junior games this year when the Jets 35s werent using it and hopefully we can utilise that a lot more next year. The schools will be used for all junior saturday games next year now we have approval and lights on the school oval will also help with training but all this costs money and we all know how hard that is to come by.

Love the Rats rake comment.
The Jets would not be interested in Vista 'utilising' our pitch more. I would have thought that you would consult us Jets before using FN to outline your plans. We sympathise with Vista but we don't want our pitch overused either. Our pitch is in a very bad state as well.
Dixie Dean was hailed by another Mersey legend, Liverpool’s Bill Shankly, as “belonging in the company of the supremely great, like Beethoven, Rembrandt and Shakespeare.”

60 goals, never to be equalled.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

mushrow wrote:
jackdogs wrote:
Relegated wrote:The club needs to take some teams to wherever the council has some nice manicured lawns or gardens and train on them for a few weeks. As far as i know there would be nothing illegal about it and would send a strong message to the council that the current pitches are unacceptable.
the club is doing everything it can together with the council, we did have ladywood for a few junior games this year when the Jets 35s werent using it and hopefully we can utilise that a lot more next year. The schools will be used for all junior saturday games next year now we have approval and lights on the school oval will also help with training but all this costs money and we all know how hard that is to come by.

Love the Rats rake comment.
The Jets would not be interested in Vista 'utilising' our pitch more. I would have thought that you would consult us Jets before using FN to outline your plans. We sympathise with Vista but we don't want our pitch overused either. Our pitch is in a very bad state as well.
Looks perfect when I drive past it every day... I'm sure it will be done amicably and through the council and you will be sought after for input

Just drive past vista and see what we are actually dealing with
ImageImage

manny
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by manny »

does anybody know the reason behind there being no referees in Div 2B?

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

manny wrote:does anybody know the reason behind there being no referees in Div 2B?
we had a ref on the weekend for the ressies :mrgreen:
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

I am Costanza wrote:
East Boy wrote:Going to be a great game vs brahma next week!
Got my dole cheque cashed.... can't wait!

Just make sure there is plenty of red tins on ice and a few Guinness on hand for Web. I hear he has been exercising his drinking arm up in Fiji and is ready to go
Will you have a pint for me Alby or will i bring my own?
:mrgreen:
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Viktor Vaughn wrote:
dj_no.1 wrote:what happened to easties, heard 3 got sent off? was there some sooky la la s bahahaha

Shoulda been 4 off

You must of been on the grassy knoll to see who shot him
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

PDog wrote:
Burragah is the home of Modbury Feds juniors
so it is! my mistake[/quote]

No it's not, it's still public land and can be booked at any time via TTG council
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

mushrow
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mushrow »

The Jets would not be interested in Vista 'utilising' our pitch more. I would have thought that you would consult us Jets before using FN to outline your plans. We sympathise with Vista but we don't want our pitch overused either. Our pitch is in a very bad state as well.[/quote]
Looks perfect when I drive past it every day... I'm sure it will be done amicably and through the council and you will be sought after for input

Just drive past vista and see what we are actually dealing with[/quote]

As I said FN is not the place to outline Vista's plans to solve their pitch issue. We understand and sympathise with your situation. However if the situation was reversed I can assure you we would not use FN to outline our plans. Last time we spoke directly to Vista they had a different view to the one you state. Doc, are you a Vista committee person?
Dixie Dean was hailed by another Mersey legend, Liverpool’s Bill Shankly, as “belonging in the company of the supremely great, like Beethoven, Rembrandt and Shakespeare.”

60 goals, never to be equalled.

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

LRO wrote:
Fact Hunt wrote:Interesting that a former head coach of Florina gets to referee their game against the Downs?????
I think the last thing Florina need to worry about is who the Referee is!!! Referee had no input into the game or the result!
What LRO said is pretty spot on.

But Fact Hunt raises a good point. We had a ref earlier this year do the reserves against Inter. He killed the game and made some bizarre decisions. Then he ran the line in the As. After a bit of a handbags on one side of the pitch which the field ref felt a warning was suitable, he called over the ref and said he "saw" the incident from the other side (and opposite) of the park and our player got a yellow.

He's a former inter player.

Surely former players/coaches turned refs shouldn't be allowed to ref the teams they've represented.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

laurel and hardy wrote:
PDog wrote:
Burragah is the home of Modbury Feds juniors
so it is! my mistake
No it's not, it's still public land and can be booked at any time via TTG council[/quote]
I didnt write that.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

DOC wrote:Looks perfect when I drive past it every day... I'm sure it will be done amicably and through the council and you will be sought after for input

I was thinking the same - looks 100 times better than Vista.

Either way, i'm sure it will get sorted amicably and through the proper channels.

Relax...

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

DOC wrote:
Maybe next season just have soccer on your pitches and let the "Dog obedience and Personal trainers" find another piece of grass to run around on ..!!
Every Rat has his day !!

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Rodent wrote:
DOC wrote:
Maybe next season just have soccer on your pitches and let the "Dog obedience and Personal trainers" find another piece of grass to run around on ..!!
Again councils call, not ours
ImageImage

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

DOC wrote: Looks perfect when I drive past it every day... I'm sure it will be done amicably and through the council and you will be sought after for input

Perfect ya reckon? :lol: Comments were made on the weekend by a number of people that the pitch is the worst it's been for a while. While it is council owned, we still have outlayed lots of club funds over recent years for its improvement and upkeep, which is probably why we get a bit protective over it. Maybe we should be on the end of some of your junior registration fees... Hundreds and hundreds of juniors.... Yeah well just take more money and use other clubs pitches.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

We had a player sent off for a second yellow card on Sunday (R7)...my uderstanding is an automatic one match suspension.
However, he has already served a 1 game suspension for accummulation of yellows previously this year.
Does anyone know (from experience) if the effect is compounding (ie 7 yellows for the season) and could make his suspension longer this time around ?
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Auzzi_Cherry
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Auzzi_Cherry »

ZegnaArmani wrote:
Auzzi_Cherry wrote:
ZegnaArmani wrote:Updated Div 3A Table (Div 3B still waiting on results).

A tight table. I hope that Polonia & Savoy head up, it was a pleasure playing against them both this year !

Fingers crossed we can beat Raptors this week and Plympton stuff them so we can stay up ! Ghan having their results overturned has certainly shaken things up, can't believe they are still in the league given the incidents that have occurred this year ... !
You'd also like to know that they have one of your match-balls. Went to take a goal kick and saw "SCUSC" on the ball... :lol:
Ghan ? Thieving little ratbags !

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

swannsong wrote:We had a player sent off for a second yellow card on Sunday (R7)...my uderstanding is an automatic one match suspension.
However, he has already served a 1 game suspension for accummulation of yellows previously this year.
Does anyone know (from experience) if the effect is compounding (ie 7 yellows for the season) and could make his suspension longer this time around ?
4 yellows = 1 game
8 yellows = 2 games
If the 2nd yellow card = his 8th for the season then he sits out further game
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Ernie Cooksey wrote:
DOC wrote: Looks perfect when I drive past it every day... I'm sure it will be done amicably and through the council and you will be sought after for input

Perfect ya reckon? :lol: Comments were made on the weekend by a number of people that the pitch is the worst it's been for a while. While it is council owned, we still have outlayed lots of club funds over recent years for its improvement and upkeep, which is probably why we get a bit protective over it. Maybe we should be on the end of some of your junior registration fees... Hundreds and hundreds of juniors.... Yeah well just take more money and use other clubs pitches.
Do you have grass? Yes? Ok then it's 1000 times better than vista
ImageImage

Miyazaki Black Storm
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Miyazaki Black Storm »

Auzzi_Cherry wrote:
ZegnaArmani wrote:You'd also like to know that they have one of your match-balls. Went to take a goal kick and saw "SCUSC" on the ball... :lol:
Ghan ? Thieving little ratbags !
Maybe they're taking the Australian approach and just say they borrowed it.

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

DOC wrote:
Ernie Cooksey wrote:

Do you have grass? Yes? Ok then it's 1000 times better than vista
About time you noticed the grass is greener the other side of Milne Rd Doc. :D

whistler
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by whistler »

ontheblackburner wrote:
LRO wrote:
What LRO said is pretty spot on.

But Fact Hunt raises a good point. We had a ref earlier this year do the reserves against Inter. He killed the game and made some bizarre decisions. Then he ran the line in the As. After a bit of a handbags on one side of the pitch which the field ref felt a warning was suitable, he called over the ref and said he "saw" the incident from the other side (and opposite) of the park and our player got a yellow.

He's a former inter player.

Surely former players/coaches turned refs shouldn't be allowed to ref the teams they've represented.
So Fact Hunt and Blackburner are we to recruit our Refs from interstate/overseas?
Alot of the criticism of Refs on this forum is that they dont understand the game.
In my experience as a player/coach/referee most of the best Refs had played the game at a decent level. In little Adelaide you cant have it both ways.
You either get ex players/coaches with previous connections or you get Refs who know the rules but have never played (except maybe at primary school).
I was a Saturday Fed/Collegiate Ref but didnt do Sundays as i would rather watch my boys play their JPL and later SAASL.
I'm not saying I would have been considered good enough to Ref Sun Div 1. But under your criteria I would have been virtually in-eligable for Div 1 as
I played with ED, SI & WB, played with the current PG coach and later coached a couple of the SK lads. As I am "connected" with 5 of the Div 1 teams, even IF I WAS THE BEST REF youd still prefer someone with no connections like Gregan??

Miyazaki Black Storm
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Should you be naming names on here?

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

Until refs can learn to take some constructive criticism maybe they should refrain from jumping to conclusions. Not saying he shouldn't ref just maybe look at who he does ref. I would rather he didn't ref teams I am connected with as I don't think he's any good but that is my opinion based on what I have seen. The best refs I have seen are ones that don't think it is all about them.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

Fact Hunt wrote:Until refs can learn to take some constructive criticism maybe they should refrain from jumping to conclusions. Not saying he shouldn't ref just maybe look at who he does ref. I would rather he didn't ref teams I am connected with as I don't think he's any good but that is my opinion based on what I have seen. The best refs I have seen are ones that don't think it is all about them.
So not Steve Vlassis then :evil:
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Miyazaki Black Storm
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Miyazaki Black Storm wrote:Should you be naming names on here?