St Pauls Old Scholars Soccer Club

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: St Pauls Old Scholars Soccer Club

Post by coutinho10 »

I remember playing for the year 12 first team as I had come from another school and said I can't play due to club commitments. PE football coach chardonnay said I had to play and bad luck and laughed about it to my face. I mentioned about a roosters player (who later become an AFL player for two teams) why does he only play four games a year which he replied he was a contracted SANFL player. The next day I brought it my FFSA contract he was fuming to say the least.
LIVERPOOL FC *****

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

North Adelaide put their foot down with Sean Wellman, Warky had to cop it, think he was playing for Sturt at the time.
I know of another couple of players in the same situation as you, but yes he hated it. :lol:

What year was that coutinho?

The Gully
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by The Gully »

Maybe Mr D. (Dobrejivic) could coach,I remember he was on the front page of the tiser in the middle of a soccer riot, we all applauded him the next day, he was half ashamed and half proud. He would bring some passion and aggression to the squad.

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

Sheite talker wrote:Maybe Mr D. (Dobrejivic) could coach,I remember he was on the front page of the tiser in the middle of a soccer riot, we all applauded him the next day, he was half ashamed and half proud. He would bring some passion and aggression to the squad.
Fair peg on him too.

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

Peter Cristarella is still there, would be a great first team coach.
Dan Birdwell - You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

Sean
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Sean »

What day does the old scholars league play on? Saturday or Sunday comp?

catinahat_woof
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by catinahat_woof »

I think its Saturdays between 11-3pm kickoffs. There the times my team plays atm.

Btw how many teams are you guys having? I saw the facebook page and there was over 180 likes. If there are lover div teams i may be interested in playing.
im the reason why your mother wakes up with a smile

Carrot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Carrot »

Peter cristerella has no idea how to coach

Sean
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Sean »

Would not join at all if he coaches the squad

catinahat_woof
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by catinahat_woof »

Carrot wrote:Peter cristerella has no idea how to coach
its amuture league mate lol

Carrot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Carrot »

Still need a coach player's can get along with

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

wizard wrote:Awesome!

I have played in the Collegiate League for a long time. It's a good comp and it's always good to have new teams.

Good luck getting everything together for next year!

yes it is a good place to start, as you work your way upto into the Amateur competition :)

catinahat_woof
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by catinahat_woof »

Carrot wrote:Still need a coach player's can get along with
who would be a good coach with 1st team expirence that would be willing to work for free in the Amateur league?

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

I know one who may be keen send me msg

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Ahhhh, the memories of Ms Papepetros in that leather mini skirt 8)

I would have to say the one of the finest teams I have ever played in was the St Pauls' Year 10 side in 1987.

DUKE BLUE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by DUKE BLUE »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:Ahhhh, the memories of Ms Papepetros in that leather mini skirt 8)

I would have to say the one of the finest teams I have ever played in was the St Pauls' Year 10 side in 1987.

Great skirt.....

"Ms Papepetros can you please pick up my pencil..."
.."thank you" :D

1988 first XI was effective in sweeping aside the usual power houses of Rostrevor, St Michaels & Blackfriars

The best games though were at lunchtime on the oval players like Derek Cosgrove, Phil Matelone & the croatian riff raff.

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

DUKE BLUE wrote:
Vista_Bhoy wrote:Ahhhh, the memories of Ms Papepetros in that leather mini skirt 8)

Great skirt.....

1988 first XI was effective in sweeping aside the usual power houses of Rostrevor, St Michaels & Blackfriars

The best games though were at lunchtime on the oval players like Derek Cosgrove, Phil Matelone & the croatian riff raff.
We had the Battestella twins, Nick Cantetore, some Irish nutter :D and more Croat riff raff. We were second class citizens to "footy" in those days. How times have changed.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

DUKE BLUE wrote:

Great skirt.....

Phil still playing amateurs at Noarlunga

DUKE BLUE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by DUKE BLUE »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:
DUKE BLUE wrote:

Great skirt.....

We had the Battestella twins, Nick Cantetore, some Irish nutter :D and more Croat riff raff. We were second class citizens to "footy" in those days. How times have changed.

Beavan the Irish nutter? Good No. 4
Some more names...
Trevisan
Pavado
Muscat
Dos Santos
& vegemite Sandez

Times have certainly changed
I admire "their" effort to persuade us to afl
Frankly most of the boys could play both codes.

DUKE BLUE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by DUKE BLUE »

bloodypassit wrote:
DUKE BLUE wrote:

Great skirt.....

Phil still playing amateurs at Noarlunga
Far out....still going
He was our "Ian Rush" but gave it away later in school..probably for work down South

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Beavan? No, this is O'Neill the Irish nutter :-)

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Our team went the best part of 4 yrs undefeated but the 1st 18 win their only game of the year and would make the newsletter

So unjust :lol:

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Our team went the best part of 4 yrs undefeated but the 1st 18 win their only game of the year and would make the newsletter

:lol:
You had a good year level talent wise.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Ernie Cooksey wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Our team went the best part of 4 yrs undefeated but the 1st 18 win their only game of the year and would make the newsletter

You had a good year level talent wise.
We had a bit of a mix with a few younger guys like Nick Sabljak and Laurie Berlingeri coming up to play as well. Fyfie was a year or two younger but imagine him playing old scholars with some of the others now!!!

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Papapetros....... saw her paro at the grand about 10 years ago still looking the goods

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

Papa was my home room teacher in year 12, she conned me into Coaching the yr 8 team!

DUKE BLUE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by DUKE BLUE »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:Beavan? No, this is O'Neill the Irish nutter :-)

Oh
Younger group but a good team you had

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

DUKE BLUE wrote:
Vista_Bhoy wrote:Beavan? No, this is O'Neill the Irish nutter :-)

Oh
Younger group but a good team you had
We had the youger Dos Dantos, Zlatko Pav, Neil J in goals. I don't think we lost a game with that group. 2-2 draw with Adelaide High was prohbably our "worst" result and they were vitually the West Adelaide Hellas side.

Anyway, I will keep an eye on the new team and get out to watch a few games.

palla
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by palla »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:
DUKE BLUE wrote:

Great skirt.....

Don't worry, '08 nothing had changed and we were still the second class citizens of the school's sporting community.

Maybe we can entice Jacob Melling back haha... remember him stepping into First XI at 12 or 13 years old, scoring for fun against full strength St Micks, Rossi, Adelaide High, Gleeson etc.

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

I can see it now, in the classic 4-4-2 formation, Larwood in goals of course, the full backs basically pick themselves and we would need some fearless, solid centre halves. In the middle, a General and another with unrivalled flair and creativity, while the wide men would cover a lot of ground to the line and back all day. Up front, the ever reliable biggie and smallie combination, Wallace with his blistering pace and Coglin with his aerial agility would be good combination.

.............................................Larwood................................................

Scritchley ..........Doddridge........................Dobrijivic............Schultz.......

Antenucci..............Lynch.....................Howarth................Grzeskowiak....

...................Wallace....................................Coglin...............................