Results 26th July 2014

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Results 26th July 2014

Post by Azzurri80 »

otto62 wrote:
Azzurri80 wrote:
n8 wrote:A's
A.villa 4 hawks 1
Fairly even from my point of view all villa done was put away their chances in the end. But our boys can be proud of the effort they gave.
Well done to a.villa I'd this gives them the league best team by far all year!!
Looks like a thrashing from my point of view. :lol:
"... all they did was ..." simple isn't it. Surprising that everyone doesn't do it.

That's what makes them so good. No real amazing standout players, but all capable, well drilled, and know how to play as a unit. It sounds simple, it is simple, and every coach in the universe teaches the same thing. The difference between a great team and the rest is, if one link in the chain is unable, or unwilling to listen, learn, and execute directions, the rest of the team fail as a unit.

Credit to the Villa coaching staff, and likewise the players, for being able to achieve all this, as it's not simple, but when executed well is made to look so.

Teams can match them, and from what I've seen even beat them, in regards to having a number of talented and classy individual players, and I rate my own team in that category, but it all means jack sh-it if you can't rally the lads to work as a unit, every match, every minute. I rate my team highly, and we are a collective group, however due to a number of sometimes relevant, and sometimes outside influences, concentration and focus can temporarily be lacking, and it only takes one player who turns off to bring a whole team down.

This is why Villa, along with every other team excelling across the divisions, are able to make winning look simple, whilst racing ahead of the pack. As I said weeks ago, Villa beat us comfortably and looked like they still had another gear to hit, because when everyone's united, willing to fight to the death for each other to achieve the same goals, and unwilling to let their teammates down, what's hard for the rest of us, is deceivingly simple to the eye.

The game of football is simple. That's why everyone thinks they're a coach, referee, player, or ex great. The reason why not all can pull off this 'simple' game, is because of all the other factors that can act as distractions. Namely ego's, and the fact coaches these days have to be professional psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, nannies, fathers, mothers, brothers, financial advisers and then teachers.

It's amazing what can be achieved when players stop thinking they're Zinedine Zidane, and are actually willing to shut the f-uck up, buy into what the coach and ultimate decision maker is trying to teach and implement, and then go out and bust a nut trying to execute it.

n8, nothing wrong with being proud of your boys for their efforts, but whether Villa scored 4 in the first 5 minutes, or 4 in the last 2, that scoreline and the gap between you guys and Villa remains the same. There's nothing "fairly even" about it. :lol:

At least you saved face with the last 6 words of your post.

I just had to say my piece, as your post was equally funny, distressing, and sad all in one. My favorite line was "all villa done was put away their chances in the end". Classic! :lol:

I'm just teasing for the most part mate, and Hawks have improved a lot this season, but shame on all of you for not trying harder for Salisbury Villa's sake! You deserved the 4-1 thrashing for that reason alone!!

Horse
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Horse »

That's what makes them so good. No real amazing standout players, but all capable, well drilled, and know how to play as a unit. It sounds simple, it is simple, and every coach in the universe teaches the same thing. The difference between a great team and the rest is, if one link in the chain is unable, or unwilling to listen, learn, and execute directions, the rest of the team fail as a unit.

Credit to the Villa coaching staff, and likewise the players, for being able to achieve all this, as it's not simple, but when executed well is made to look so.

Teams can match them, and from what I've seen even beat them, in regards to having a number of talented and classy individual players, and I rate my own team in that category, but it all means jack sh-it if you can't rally the lads to work as a unit, every match, every minute. I rate my team highly, and we are a collective group, however due to a number of sometimes relevant, and sometimes outside influences, concentration and focus can temporarily be lacking, and it only takes one player who turns off to bring a whole team down.

This is why Villa, along with every other team excelling across the divisions, are able to make winning look simple, whilst racing ahead of the pack. As I said weeks ago, Villa beat us comfortably and looked like they still had another gear to hit, because when everyone's united, willing to fight to the death for each other to achieve the same goals, and unwilling to let their teammates down, what's hard for the rest of us, is deceivingly simple to the eye.

The game of football is simple. That's why everyone thinks they're a coach, referee, player, or ex great. The reason why not all can pull off this 'simple' game, is because of all the other factors that can act as distractions. Namely ego's, and the fact coaches these days have to be professional psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, nannies, fathers, mothers, brothers, financial advisers and then teachers.

It's amazing what can be achieved when players stop thinking they're Zinedine Zidane, and are actually willing to shut the f-uck up, buy into what the coach and ultimate decision maker is trying to teach and implement, and then go out and bust a nut trying to execute it.

n8, nothing wrong with being proud of your boys for their efforts, but whether Villa scored 4 in the first 5 minutes, or 4 in the last 2, that scoreline and the gap between you guys and Villa remains the same. There's nothing "fairly even" about it. :lol:

At least you saved face with the last 6 words of your post.

I just had to say my piece, as your post was equally funny, distressing, and sad all in one. My favorite line was "all villa done was put away their chances in the end". Classic! :lol:

I'm just teasing for the most part mate, and Hawks have improved a lot this season, but shame on all of you for not trying harder for Salisbury Villa's sake! You deserved the 4-1 thrashing for that reason alone!![/quote]

very well written, hit the nail on the head on more than one topic. nice to read something intellectual on here for once :)

penalty
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by penalty »

LOTG if both keepers tops clash with each other and or with the referee, and they keepers don't have a change of top. They don't have to change and are allowed to play but the referee must put a report in.
Field players uniforms are not to clash with each other. Referees are lenient with shorts but must act on Tops and Socks.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

penalty wrote:LOTG if both keepers tops clash with each other and or with the referee, and they keepers don't have a change of top. They don't have to change and are allowed to play but the referee must put a report in.
Field players uniforms are not to clash with each other. Referees are lenient with shorts but must act on Tops and Socks.
Makes sense.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Sean's
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Sean's »

Saturday Div 4
Adelaide Uni 1 drew with Strath 1
Good game in the conditions either side could have won although I feel Strath finished the game better! Uni had lots of good chances late in the 1st half.
2011 - Saturday Division 4 Champions
2010 - Port Elliot Pre-season cup winners

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

BOSA v Wanderers results?

Trunks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Trunks »

Bacon888 wrote:BOSA v Wanderers results?
BOSA A's 5-1
B's 3-0
C's 1-3 I think

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Trunks wrote:
Bacon888 wrote:BOSA v Wanderers results?
BOSA A's 5-1
B's 3-0
C's 1-3 I think
that result throws Div 5 wide open.. huge game this week with Uni vs BOSA

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

Wanderers only post results on here when they win!!!! Only sing when your winning .....

Ali Dia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ali Dia »

sweaty bollocks wrote:Wanderers only post results on here when they win!!!! Only sing when your winning .....
Yeah fk wanderers
!!Former Southampton Player!!
Influences: Graeme Souness & Matt Le Tissier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfX9gBmsWqg