RESULTS SUNDAY 20th July

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: RESULTS SUNDAY 20th July

Post by Knight15 »

Fanatic wrote:Greegan was truly awful on Sunday, both teams wouldn't be happy but Vista would feel the most disgruntled. He couldn't control the game and ends up sending two Vista players off after elbows were flying in all day from the knights (particularly number 4). Not sure what vista did to deserve two reds, now they are without key players for important games

I'm not going to respond with numbers etc, although poor form to highlight one of our players, there is plenty we could say about who started what (I believe the guy even stayed on the pitch) and someone running from 40 yards to throw punches. Let's leave it that the referee ruined a tough game and not start the finger pointing as I'm pretty sure we will both have some very different opinions
Are you Bodo in disguise?

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Knight15 wrote:
Fanatic wrote:Greegan was truly awful on Sunday, both teams wouldn't be happy but Vista would feel the most disgruntled. He couldn't control the game and ends up sending two Vista players off after elbows were flying in all day from the knights (particularly number 4). Not sure what vista did to deserve two reds, now they are without key players for important games

I'm not going to respond with numbers etc, although poor form to highlight one of our players, there is plenty we could say about who started what (I believe the guy even stayed on the pitch) and someone running from 40 yards to throw punches. Let's leave it that the referee ruined a tough game and not start the finger pointing as I'm pretty sure we will both have some very different opinions
Someone running throwing punches? Maybe have a look at your own camp too both teams were in that
ImageImage

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

DOC wrote:
Knight15 wrote:

Someone running throwing punches? Maybe have a look at your own camp too both teams were in that

My point exactly

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

DOC wrote:
Knight15 wrote:

Vista going down swinging at least :P

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Personally I hope they don't go down - and obviously hope we don't go down, despite yesterdays fun and games always enjoy playing Vista - good bunch and always tough football. Very tight at the bottom with 6 teams in the mix to go down

CelticCrane36
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CelticCrane36 »

PASC wrote:
CelticCrane36 wrote:Div 3

B Grade
Angle Vale 0-1 Ghan

A Grade
Angle Vale 0-2 Ghan

Disappointing day out.
get all the card checks? photos?
deffinetly playing feds...
Not sure mate. They had some quality players but we played poor and probably didn't deserve any better anyway.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Knight15 wrote:Personally I hope they don't go down - and obviously hope we don't go down, despite yesterdays fun and games always enjoy playing Vista - good bunch and always tough football. Very tight at the bottom with 6 teams in the mix to go down
As mentioned earlier the ref had too much of a say in a massive game
ImageImage

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Everyone's a bit guilty of being an 'accessory after the fact" :)

* If you click on the image you can see footage of the incident !
Last edited by swannsong on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Where are the Matching high heels

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Frank Costanza wrote:As - South Coast 2 Polonia 2
Bs - South Coast 0 Polonia 5

Well done to our Bs today! Dominated from start to finish and got the rewards with a good win.
In the As it was the one that got away. Went 2-0 up about 10mins into the 2nd half but a couple of good strikes including the equaliser in the last 5mins thwarted the victory.

Disappointing but we'll push forward to next week.

Good luck to South Coast for the rest of the season!
Who were the Polonia players that went to Noarlunga then relised that South Coast play further down the road... it only took them 30 minutes to relise this

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

bloodypassit wrote:

Well done to our Bs today! Dominated from start to finish and got the rewards with a good win.
In the As it was the one that got away. Went 2-0 up about 10mins into the 2nd half but a couple of good strikes including the equaliser in the last 5mins thwarted the victory.

Who were the Polonia players that went to Noarlunga then relised that South Coast play further down the road... it only took them 30 minutes to relise this
Not sure who they were but when I find out they will be ridiculed accordingly
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Frank Costanza wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:

Not sure who they were but when I find out they will be ridiculed accordingly
:shock: :lol:
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

honeybadger
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by honeybadger »

it was disappointing in the Angle Vale v Ghan B grade game that the ghan side did not do the good sportsmanship thing by kicking it out while a player is down injured and then taking the ball down and scoring in the same play! their excuse was the ref didnt blow his whistle to stop the play! you just plain and simple kick it out, its called not being a prick! which they couldn't understand. very disappointing day all round with plenty of missed opportunities.

jonnomath
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jonnomath »

honeybadger wrote:it was disappointing in the Angle Vale v Ghan B grade game that the ghan side did not do the good sportsmanship thing by kicking it out while a player is down injured and then taking the ball down and scoring in the same play! their excuse was the ref didnt blow his whistle to stop the play! you just plain and simple kick it out, its called not being a prick! which they couldn't understand. very disappointing day all round with plenty of missed opportunities.
Hate to say it but they didnt do anything wrong... play the whistle... simples!

Kȁpita
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Kȁpita »

I tend to agree. Play the whistle and if the referee deems it's worthy to stop play he will stop it.
Why is half a day at home more tiring than a week at work?

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Spot on. I'd be filthy if one of my boys kicked it out for an opposition player. Let the ref make the decision.

Kȁpita
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Kȁpita »

You don't see the good old fashioned drop ball much these days.
Why is half a day at home more tiring than a week at work?

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

more to the point , they are a bunch of dirty kents who wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire, let alone kick the ball out ...
if you happened to score that way against then on the other hand..it would be like you just commited the greatest insult or crime known to man, and you would have to tell the ref to run and hide ....along with everyone else ...
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Kaapita wrote:You don't see the good old fashioned drop ball much these days.

Had one on the weekend in first team, don't think the ball touched the ground haha

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

English wrote:
Kaapita wrote:You don't see the good old fashioned drop ball much these days.

Had one on the weekend in first team, don't think the ball touched the ground haha
It did trust me :D deegs just didn't want a bar of it!

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

PASC wrote:more to the point , they are a bunch of dirty kents who wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire, let alone kick the ball out ...
if you happened to score that way against then on the other hand..it would be like you just commited the greatest insult or crime known to man, and you would have to tell the ref to run and hide ....along with everyone else ...
If I was on fire and you pissed on me, you don't know me, but I have a very specific set of skills, so I will find you, and I will kill you.

Find a bucket of water for f-uck's sake!

I couldn't imagine anything worse then having to live with the horror of third degree burns, let alone having to deal with the permanent stench of your piss.

Play the whistle! If the injured player isn't interfering with play, they have no reason to kick the ball out.

And keep it in your pants for God's sake!

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

Kicking the ball out is the refs decision, and sadly lots of players roll around the floor
like they've been shot these days.
I wouldn't kick a ball out anymore unless it was clearly a bad injury or a head injury
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

laurel and hardy wrote:Kicking the ball out is the refs decision, and sadly lots of players roll around the floor
like they've been shot these days.
I wouldn't kick a ball out anymore unless it was clearly a bad injury or a head injury
You must be a doctor to work out a diagnosis that quick with the ball at your feet. :lol:

Basically, if the injured is behind you, or in line with you, play on! It's then up to the ref to decide. Simples.

abdababda
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by abdababda »

honeybadger wrote:it was disappointing in the Angle Vale v Ghan B grade game that the ghan side did not do the good sportsmanship thing by kicking it out while a player is down injured and then taking the ball down and scoring in the same play! their excuse was the ref didnt blow his whistle to stop the play! you just plain and simple kick it out, its called not being a prick! which they couldn't understand. very disappointing day all round with plenty of missed opportunities.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Azzurri80 wrote:
PASC wrote:more to the point , they are a bunch of dirty kents who wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire, let alone kick the ball out ...
If I was on fire and you pissed on me, you don't know me, but I have a very specific set of skills, so I will find you, and I will kill you.

Find a bucket of water for f-uck's sake!

I couldn't imagine anything worse then having to live with the horror of third degree burns, let alone having to deal with the permanent stench of your piss.

Play the whistle! If the injured player isn't interfering with play, they have no reason to kick the ball out.

And keep it in your pants for God's sake!
my piss smells like Krupnik and Zywiec... you would be honoured to smell like my piss :lol: :wink: