Downs-Gardens

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Downs-Gardens

Post by paul merson »

Steve Bruce wrote:How many federation teams would like to have some of these players in their squads :-

Elizabeth Downs :- B.Aldridge , M.Wise , M.Cartwright , D.McKenna , T.Parisi , A.Lindsay , S.Hughes , T.Blackett , B.Gundlach , Nathan Day , Jason Trimboli , subs : D.Dalglish , D.Hain , S.Parisi , Z.Jacob , RGK P.Hallard .

Parafield Gardens :- D.Scarsella , C.Portillo , W.Taylor , P.Ebomo , S.Weidenbach , L.Brain , D.Crowl , P.Whitney , S.Catanzaro , A.Arambatsis , S.Pearce , subs : D.Baker , P.Pond , R Alsolami , RGK I.Kirk .

How many federation teams would like to have half the crowd at their home games ?
How many federation teams would like to have so many supporters from both clubs in their sports bar for drinks after the game ?
How many federation sponsors would like the opportunity to sponsor The Downs , or , The Gardens next season ?

A fantastic game for the neutral and a great advert for the South Australia Amateur Soccer League .

Let's see if these 2 x teams meet again at Hindmarsh in The Challenge Cup Final ?
State league maybe as I don't watch state league, but from Sundays game I can't say any would make the prem league, there was enough room in that midfield Sunday to build a housing development, Pearcy killed it Sunday yet struggled in prem league, but in all it was entertaining, good to see Gee still playing well & enjoying his football.

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

Scoota, Arambatzis, Blackett and Gundlach would have a crack ( scoot already proved he could )

None of our teams would be top of state league never mind premier league... If trained 3 or 4 times a week, worked hard and got really fit then maybe but if they wanted to do that they'd still be in Feds

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

SID wrote:Scoota, Arambatzis, Blackett and Gundlach would have a crack ( scoot already proved he could )

None of our teams would be top of state league never mind premier league... If trained 3 or 4 times a week, worked hard and got really fit then maybe but if they wanted to do that they'd still be in Feds
When people are discussing current (or past) SAASL players who have the quality to play in the higher leagues most are basing their judgement on skill, or instinct levels and usually leaving the fitness equation out of it....that's a no brainer....if they were in an FFSA squad they would have to train more and be fitter.
Quality can shine through with quality players...regardless of fitness...
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

I was merely responding to Merson Swanny.... He was obviously judging on everything

John Snow
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by John Snow »

I know what league I would rather watch for entertainment.
Amateur league is not as cluttered with egos or ideologies and makes for a better spectacle. Probably why the Feds could only dream of a crowd like this fixture gets played in front of.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

SID wrote:I was merely responding to Merson Swanny.... He was obviously judging on everything
Yeh, everyone knows the likes of Catalan can play but it's obvious he would cope these days in the premier league.

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

SID wrote:Scoota, Arambatzis, Blackett and Gundlach would have a crack ( scoot already proved he could )

I'm with Mers on this, but you're last paragraph is true.
Also didn't Scooter get sent off in his one and only game for C/town this season?
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

he struggled 2 years ago in state league
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

And your point is Laurel?

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

Which part?
Agreeing with your last point, with mers last post or asking a question about scooter?
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

No, re Scoot getting sent off?
Thought you were making a point ???

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

KING NUGGETT wrote:Couldn't be there yesterday, watching my lads football.
I was stoked to hear the score 3-1 to the GARDENS - Congratulations to Sid & the boys...

Always Good to smash the Enemy -

Pull that Brick outta the back of your Melon head - Pure Gold :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whaa Whaa Whittle Wegga Whaa Whaa
Forgot the score line was the same last time we played at the Downs ..??!!
Every Rat has his day !!

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

swannsong wrote:

When people are discussing current (or past) SAASL players who have the quality to play in the higher leagues most are basing their judgement on skill, or instinct levels and usually leaving the fitness equation out of it....that's a no brainer....if they were in an FFSA squad they would have to train more and be fitter.
Quality can shine through with quality players...regardless of fitness...
Same can be said for NPL players getting into Adelaide United squad. But if you are some spanish has been, you can walk in

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Would probly say both goal keepers could at least play state league as well...