Downs-Gardens

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Downs-Gardens

Post by Old Redback »

Look forward to seeing you at Argana Park lefty and rodent.
Always cracking entertainment in this game the highlight of the amateur league calendar.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: Downs-Gardens

Post by swannsong »

Old Redback wrote:Look forward to seeing you at Argana Park lefty and rodent.
Always cracking entertainment in this game the highlight of the amateur league calendar.
The Sunday Premier Division banter on FootballNews has all but disappeared...most banter seems limited to Sunday Division 4 and the Saturday Divisions these days :)
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Unlike your good self I will see you in your clubroom both before & after the game for a beer or two with plenty of banter in between You Big muscat sherry might as well get in first :wink:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Oh...to be in two places at the same time :D

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

lefty wrote:
Unlike your good self I will see you in your clubroom both before & after the game for a beer or two with plenty of banter in between You Big muscat sherry might as well get in first :wink:
Looking forward to the banter lefty - have missed it on here but I suppose we only hear from you lot when you win :wink:

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Old Redback wrote:
lefty wrote:
Looking forward to the banter lefty - have missed it on here but I suppose we only hear from you lot when you win :wink:
I hope you'll be hearing me Sunday :wink: :wink:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Old Redback wrote: the highlight of the amateur league calendar.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder " comes to mind.

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Steve#4 wrote:
Old Redback wrote: the highlight of the amateur league calendar.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder " comes to mind.
I know where I will be holding her !!
By the throat as sink a few Pales with the clowns behind the goals !!
Every Rat has his day !!

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Tell pauly the sook no house bricks please...... :shock:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

legga wrote:Tell pauly the sook no house bricks please...... :shock:
Keep your toothless bloated melon in your own change rooms !! :wink:
Every Rat has his day !!

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

[quote="legga"]Tell pauly the sook no house bricks

If Day's playing Pauly will need the bricks in his socks.

Vanishing Spray
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Vanishing Spray »

[/quote]
Sorry about the avatar, it pretty much vanished as soon as I created it.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Rodent wrote:
legga wrote:Tell pauly the sook no house bricks please...... :shock:
Keep your toothless bloated melon in your own change rooms !! :wink:
got all my teeth here unlike you who had them removed for your night work at the paddocks...... :wink:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Have a great day all....showcase for the Sunday Premier Division and SAASL football in general...the level and success that so many of the other teams-Clubs aspire to emulate.

bomber Harris
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bomber Harris »

swannsong wrote:Have a great day all....showcase for the Sunday Premier Division and SAASL football in general...the level and success that so many of the other teams-Clubs aspire to emulate.
If they could afford it!
"We Fear No Foe"

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

Change the record numpty

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

Hungrier, faster, harder on the day. Credit to the Gardens well played.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

bomber Harris wrote:
swannsong wrote:Have a great day all....showcase for the Sunday Premier Division and SAASL football in general...the level and success that so many of the other teams-Clubs aspire to emulate.
If they could afford it!
I would say many FFSA clubs could learn from Parafield and Elizabeth Downs on how to run a successful club on and off the pitch.....

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Fact Hunt wrote:Hungrier, faster, harder on the day. Credit to the Gardens well played.
+ 1 Well done to Parafield, thought your goalie had a cracking game as well, pulled off some great saves. Well deserved win and all the best for the rest of what looks like a close end to the season. Cheers to everyone sticking around after as well much appreciated..... :wink:

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Couldn't be there yesterday, watching my lads football.
I was stoked to hear the score 3-1 to the GARDENS - Congratulations to Sid & the boys...

Always Good to smash the Enemy -

Pull that Brick outta the back of your Melon head - Pure Gold :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whaa Whaa Whittle Wegga Whaa Whaa

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

Yesterday as always was a couple of close hard games, Scars did have a good game but Benny also pulled off a blinder as well. Must say though i thought they were both out done by the Downs defender in the ressies, the header off the line was one of the best you would ever see.

Well done Gardens and cheers to the Downs volunteers for the great food and hospitality and both clubs for a couple of cracking games.

Beauty was in the eye of the beholder

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

You Too wrote:Yesterday as always was a couple of close hard games, Scars did have a good game but Benny also pulled off a blinder as well. Must say though i thought they were both out done by the Downs defender in the ressies, the header off the line was one of the best you would ever see.

Well done Gardens and cheers to the Downs volunteers for the great food and hospitality and both clubs for a couple of cracking games.

Beauty was in the eye of the beholder
That was Luke Hall in the Ressies, cant believe it myself, how many players would have hand balled it getting sent off and a penalty awarded! Bens save was amazing also reflexes like a cat.

2 very good games and a big crowd and The Downs do it so well at home games with food/raffles and presentations!!!

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Great advert for the amateur league and Gardens worthy winners. Good side when they come out and play their game which they did yesterday and Downs didn't seem to have the answers. Like I said great game and great entertainment as was the ressies and Cs games and all the passion and rivalry stayed on the pitch which was great to see. Good to see you again lefty and rodent and all the best for the rest of the season.

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Old Redback wrote:Great advert for the amateur league and Gardens worthy winners. Good side when they come out and play their game which they did yesterday and Downs didn't seem to have the answers. Like I said great game and great entertainment as was the ressies and Cs games and all the passion and rivalry stayed on the pitch which was great to see. Good to see you again lefty and rodent and all the best for the rest of the season.

ORB Great Day at Argy Park Sunday.... Starting with the C's game... the Ref seemed to have all under control although he was tested !!

The Ressies game was end to end and finishing as a draw was probably fair. The diving header save on the goal line by Luke was probably better than I have ever seen, Both teams finishing with only 10 men was frustrating as was some of the decisions made by the ref. Im sure Ben was not to happy about his second yellow ( teach him for being so big) the away linesman did a cracking job :wink:

The A's game was brilliant if you were a Gardens supporter but....!!! for the Bloated Melons behind the goals the first five minutes would have been painful.... seeing Shane slot one away with Ben A not even moving to save it. But to their credit it just made them shout louder at every tackle and scream banter !! To be honest Gardens all probably had one of their best games yesterday !!! to beat the Downs you need everyone playing well not just 3 or 4..... The Chief Scooter Crowley Catta were solid all day the young boys all played well ( Motts retirement announcement of the Fred Astaire of the Amateur League Catta was interesting im sure his silky moves will be out again) Davey in goals for us made crucial saves but Benny A's save in the secon half was amazing !!! I think the real difference was the work rate of our forwards compared to the Downs Shane and Ange ran all day not only in the attacking half but in the defensive half to.I saw Shane chase a player from the attacking half to the Byline. The other difference is they stayed on their feet !! :wink:

Thanks to all the Downs supporters and committee for a great day on the park and in the club after good luck the show next week get blind have a huge night and then get rolled by Swanny and the Southern Nights !!
Every Rat has his day !!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Rodent wrote:
Old Redback wrote:Great advert for the amateur league and Gardens worthy winners. Good side when they come out and play their game which they did yesterday and Downs didn't seem to have the answers. Like I said great game and great entertainment as was the ressies and Cs games and all the passion and rivalry stayed on the pitch which was great to see. Good to see you again lefty and rodent and all the best for the rest of the season.

ORB Great Day at Argy Park Sunday.... Starting with the C's game... the Ref seemed to have all under control although he was tested !!

The Ressies game was end to end and finishing as a draw was probably fair. The diving header save on the goal line by Luke was probably better than I have ever seen, Both teams finishing with only 10 men was frustrating as was some of the decisions made by the ref. Im sure Ben was not to happy about his second yellow ( teach him for being so big) the away linesman did a cracking job :wink:

The A's game was brilliant if you were a Gardens supporter but....!!! for the Bloated Melons behind the goals the first five minutes would have been painful.... seeing Shane slot one away with Ben A not even moving to save it. But to their credit it just made them shout louder at every tackle and scream banter !! To be honest Gardens all probably had one of their best games yesterday !!! to beat the Downs you need everyone playing well not just 3 or 4..... The Chief Scooter Crowley Catta were solid all day the young boys all played well ( Motts retirement announcement of the Fred Astaire of the Amateur League Catta was interesting im sure his silky moves will be out again) Davey in goals for us made crucial saves but Benny A's save in the secon half was amazing !!! I think the real difference was the work rate of our forwards compared to the Downs Shane and Ange ran all day not only in the attacking half but in the defensive half to.I saw Shane chase a player from the attacking half to the Byline. The other difference is they stayed on their feet !! :wink:

Thanks to all the Downs supporters and committee for a great day on the park and in the club after good luck the show next week get blind have a huge night and then get rolled by Swanny and the Southern Nights !!
Beware the wounded lion...

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

KING NUGGETT wrote:Couldn't be there yesterday, watching my lads football.
I was stoked to hear the score 3-1 to the GARDENS - Congratulations to Sid & the boys...

Always Good to smash the Enemy -

Pull that Brick outta the back of your Melon head - Pure Gold :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whaa Whaa Whittle Wegga Whaa Whaa
:roll:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Rodent wrote:

Ill be heading down to Knight Park this Sunday ...Rodent

Steve Bruce
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Steve Bruce »

How many federation teams would like to have some of these players in their squads :-

Elizabeth Downs :- B.Aldridge , M.Wise , M.Cartwright , D.McKenna , T.Parisi , A.Lindsay , S.Hughes , T.Blackett , B.Gundlach , Nathan Day , Jason Trimboli , subs : D.Dalglish , D.Hain , S.Parisi , Z.Jacob , RGK P.Hallard .

Parafield Gardens :- D.Scarsella , C.Portillo , W.Taylor , P.Ebomo , S.Weidenbach , L.Brain , D.Crowl , P.Whitney , S.Catanzaro , A.Arambatsis , S.Pearce , subs : D.Baker , P.Pond , R Alsolami , RGK I.Kirk .

How many federation teams would like to have half the crowd at their home games ?
How many federation teams would like to have so many supporters from both clubs in their sports bar for drinks after the game ?
How many federation sponsors would like the opportunity to sponsor The Downs , or , The Gardens next season ?

A fantastic game for the neutral and a great advert for the South Australia Amateur Soccer League .

Let's see if these 2 x teams meet again at Hindmarsh in The Challenge Cup Final ?

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

probably none of them as their all either too old and past it
or not good enough hence why they are playing amateurs
and don't give me the old can't train because of work bull cabernet neither
just not got the dedication to work at it and when big balls drops them they sook and play amateurs

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

wise, a.lindsay probably be the only ones who could get into 2nd bottom in super league.
state league on the other hand , 70% would get a game
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly