Inaugural Beyond Blue Cup

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Inaugural Beyond Blue Cup

Post by Hatchet Squad »

This Sunday sees the beginning of the "Beyond Blue" Cup. This will be an annual game between Aldinga and Noarlunga to raise awareness about depression and anxiety in the community. This is a great initiative shown by a number of people both from Aldinga and Noarlunga and we hope its a successful day. Kick offs are normal times at Shark Park. Monies raised by way of match day programme and raffles will be donated to Beyond Blue. Cheers
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Inaugural Beyond Blue Cup

Post by MLSC »

Excellent idea! Good luck to both teams on the day from Mawson Lakes Soccer Club.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Hatchet Squad wrote:This Sunday sees the beginning of the "Beyond Blue" Cup. This will be an annual game between Aldinga and Noarlunga to raise awareness about depression and anxiety in the community. This is a great initiative shown by a number of people both from Aldinga and Noarlunga and we hope its a successful day. Kick offs are normal times at Shark Park. Monies raised by way of match day programme and raffles will be donated to Beyond Blue. Cheers
Great idea & well done in taking the time to arrange.

This is something the SAASL should take on board & look at introducing in the coming seasons. Have round(s) dedicted to nominated charities & look at putting some $$ back into the community.

All the best for the day Aldinga & Noarlunga
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Many thanks to Kevin and Steven H in asking Noarlunga to be part of this

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Hope it is a good day for all and the weather Gods shine on you.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Hatchet Squad wrote:This Sunday sees the beginning of the "Beyond Blue" Cup. This will be an annual game between Aldinga and Noarlunga to raise awareness about depression and anxiety in the community. This is a great initiative shown by a number of people both from Aldinga and Noarlunga and we hope its a successful day. Kick offs are normal times at Shark Park. Monies raised by way of match day programme and raffles will be donated to Beyond Blue. Cheers
Great community spirit nice to see clubs working together.

If you need some assistance with fundraising get Bloodypassit to call me.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Great initiative fellas, and I hope it's a success. Great cause.
haywood djablowme wrote: This is something the SAASL should take on board & look at introducing in the coming seasons. Have round(s) dedicted to nominated charities & look at putting some $$ back into the community.

This is funny. Considering the SAASL couldn't organize a root in a macdonalds, I'd say it's fair to assume we shouldn't rely on them to put money anywhere but back into their own pockets. I could be wrong, but I don't remember ever hearing of the SAASL donating to a charity, or organizing a charity event.

I think the onus should be on individual clubs to take the initiative such as in this case. We at Salisbury Villa organised a very successful 'World's Greatest Shave' (Cancer Council) fundraiser a couple seasons back, including a raffle and auction, and it was a great day that everyone contributed to. Not sure exactly how much was raised from memory, but I think it was between $5,000 - $10,000 that everyone donated.

Nice to put things in perspective from time to time, and work together for a more important and selfless cause. Good to see two clubs working together for this reason, and I sincerely hope you guys get your local community out in numbers to support and donate a sh-it load of cash!

Good luck!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Azzurri80 wrote:Great initiative fellas, and I hope it's a success. Great cause.
haywood djablowme wrote: This is something the SAASL should take on board & look at introducing in the coming seasons. Have round(s) dedicted to nominated charities & look at putting some $$ back into the community.

This is funny. Considering the SAASL couldn't organize a root in a macdonalds, I'd say it's fair to assume we shouldn't rely on them to put money anywhere but back into their own pockets. I could be wrong, but I don't remember ever hearing of the SAASL donating to a charity, or organizing a charity event.

I think the onus should be on individual clubs to take the initiative such as in this case. We at Salisbury Villa organised a very successful 'World's Greatest Shave' (Cancer Council) fundraiser a couple seasons back, including a raffle and auction, and it was a great day that everyone contributed to. Not sure exactly how much was raised from memory, but I think it was between $5,000 - $10,000 that everyone donated.

Nice to put things in perspective from time to time, and work together for a more important and selfless cause. Good to see two clubs working together for this reason, and I sincerely hope you guys get your local community out in numbers to support and donate a sh-it load of cash!

Good luck!
You might need to check up on a few facts...I know the SAASL have donated quite considerably to the Downs Pink day (for Breast Cancer) and the Vale charity day amongst other things.
Jay Walking wrote: Cheers also the the SAASL for the donation made to Gavin Powney. We had a few of them out there for a look and hope they enjoyed the game.
Downs Pink Day wrote: SAASL have donated $500 and ...[/color] .
EVSC1961 Cancer Fundraser wrote: $1,000.00 - South Australian Amateur Soccer League - SAASL

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

swannsong wrote:
Azzurri80 wrote:Great initiative fellas, and I hope it's a success. Great cause.

Good luck!
You might need to check up on a few facts...I know the SAASL have donated quite considerably to the Downs Pink day (for Breast Cancer) and the Vale charity day amongst other things.
Jay Walking wrote: Cheers also the the SAASL for the donation made to Gavin Powney. We had a few of them out there for a look and hope they enjoyed the game.
Downs Pink Day wrote: SAASL have donated $500 and ...[/color] .
EVSC1961 Cancer Fundraser wrote: $1,000.00 - South Australian Amateur Soccer League - SAASL
I stand corrected.

Still think they can't organize a root in a broth-el (not a MacDonalds). :lol:

At least they're getting some things right. Hopefully they can contribute to this fundraiser also.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

lefty wrote:
Great community spirit nice to see clubs working together.

If you need some assistance with fundraising get Bloodypassit to call me.
Cheers Lefty, your support and I'm sure you echo your teams support is greatly appreciated.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

How'd the event go? A roaring success?

Ubietz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ubietz »

Great idea and I hope this continues!
«Εμείς μαζί για μια ζωή»

Beyond Blue
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Beyond Blue »

Azzurri80 wrote:How'd the event go? A roaring success?
No-one topped themselves. That's a start.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Casual Racism wrote:
Totally out of place and not even slightly humorous comment...sinking pretty low there.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

swannsong wrote:
Casual Racism wrote:
Totally out of place and not even slightly humorous comment...sinking pretty low there.
Totally agree with Swanny. Comment was totally out of place.
The day was massive success. I'm not sure on the exact figure raised but the day saw plenty of people digging deep for a great cause. Hewie from Noarlunga said he would shave his head if we raised over $1000 which we did. The head shave went down well with the punters.
Aldinga winning the cup was the icing on the cake. We hope this day is as successful next year as it was this year. To those involved in getting it off the ground and those who dug deep, I congratulate you on a job well done.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Casual Racism wrote:
The name says it all. Idiot.

Hatchet Squad wrote: Totally agree with Swanny. Comment was totally out of place.
The day was massive success. I'm not sure on the exact figure raised but the day saw plenty of people digging deep for a great cause. Hewie from Noarlunga said he would shave his head if we raised over $1000 which we did. The head shave went down well with the punters.
Aldinga winning the cup was the icing on the cake. We hope this day is as successful next year as it was this year. To those involved in getting it off the ground and those who dug deep, I congratulate you on a job well done.
Good to hear mate, and well done to both clubs.

Will mention trying to do something similar at my club for an often neglected worthy cause. Some of the lads have close ties within some other clubs who may want to get on board.

Hopefully a few clubs can use this as an example.

jim.mcguinness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jim.mcguinness »

casual racism should be banned from this forum , someone must know who he is , absolutely disgusted with that comment ,

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

one particular forum member with multiple usernames comes to mind...