Results 5th July 2014

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Jeremy Paxman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Results 5th July 2014

Post by Jeremy Paxman »

C's: Vipers 2 Sturt Marion 4
The English approach to ideas is not to kill them, but to let them die of neglect.

Jeremy Paxman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Results 5th July 2014

Post by Jeremy Paxman »

B's: Vipers 1 Sturt Marion 4
The English approach to ideas is not to kill them, but to let them die of neglect.

Jeremy Paxman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jeremy Paxman »

A 's: Vipers 2 Sturt Marion 3

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Oth vs stirling

A's 6-4
B's 0-10

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

One Tree Hill v Stirling
A's 6-4 (yes, you read that correctly)
B's 0-10 (yes, you read that correctly)

St Peter's v Stirling (Div 6)
C's 2-0

A's - Stirling up 1-3 at half time and looking in (almost) complete control.
OTH kicked bypassing midfield, wait for it to stick in the mud, nip in ahead of the defender, shoot, score. We on the other hand had lots of possession, pressure and shots, but no goals. Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang on the counter attack and the score is 6-3. We got a late consolation goal.
Congrats to OTH, ran all day, threw bodies in the way of shots, put feet into tackles. All the 1%ers. Deserved their win.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

ManCityMan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ManCityMan »

Comets v university

A 1-3
B 1-0
C 2-3

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

otto62 wrote:One Tree Hill v Stirling

C's 2-0

OTH kicked bypassing midfield, wait for it to stick in the mud, nip in ahead of the defender, shoot, score. We on the other hand had lots of possession, pressure and shots, but no goals. Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang on the counter attack and the score is 6-3. We got a late consolation goal.
Congrats to OTH, ran all day, threw bodies in the way of shots, put feet into tackles. All the 1%ers. Deserved their win.
Wouldn't have doubted the score at all!! Like I said ping pong match haha.
Hawks vs Gleeson
A's
0 - 2
B's
1 - 4 I think

I guess not that bad a loss considering u guys lost aswell!!! And so the pack catches us once again!!

Will_
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Will_ »

Prince Alfred vs Titans (Div 7)
C's: 0 - 4

Prince Alfred vs Budapest (Div 3)
B's: 4 - 1
A's: 10 - 1

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

As: Jets 2 v Saints 2

NorthernWolvesSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by NorthernWolvesSC »

Not sure about the B's score, but Torrens Valley won convincingly.

A's

Northern Wolves 2
Torrens Valley 0

Black Panther
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Black Panther »

It's about time Torrens Valley lost.
El Paso del Norte wrote:I have the opposite problem, mine is so small you can't see it!

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddevil »

Seniors:-
OISC 1 McLaren Districts 5

Reserves:-
OISC 2 McLaren Districts 4

Two very good games - pitch was horrible.

Good luck to iggies for the rest of the season - great bunch of lads ;)
Last edited by reddevil on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OISC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by OISC »

SAT PREMIER - Round 11 - Final Result
Saturday 5 July
A v BOSA 2:1
B v BOSA 3:5

SAT DIV 5 - Round 11 - Final Result
Saturday 5 July
C v BOSA 0:1

SAT DIV 4 - Round 11 - Final Result
Saturday 5 July
D v McLaren Districts 1:5
E v McLaren Districts 2:4

mooks1304
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mooks1304 »

Anyone know the Hahndorf v Murray Bridge scores?
Flat Caps And False Nines. A Football Blog.
www.flatcapsandfalsenines.com

swiss maestro
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by swiss maestro »

Hahndorf A's drew 0-0
Hahndorf's reserve won 4-2

Jeremy Paxman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jeremy Paxman »

I wrote:A's: Vipers 2 Sturt Marion 3
B's: Vipers 1 Sturt Marion 4
C's: Vipers 2 Sturt Marion 4
Three wins for the visitors today. I didn't see much of the C's game. It was 1-3 when I arrived. The referee in the reserves asked Sturt to change their linesman but I don't know if it's because he said something or that he got sick of overruling his offside calls. Ironically the one before he requested the change the linesman got right.

The first team was quite a good game. It could have just as easily finished 2-4 as it could have 3-3. At 1-3 Sturt looked relatively comfortable but were probably relieved when the final whistle came.

On a side note the tastiest food I've had at a SAASL match this season.

Fído Dido
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Fído Dido »

De Voyeur wrote:As: Jets 2 v Saints 2
That will please Uni.
It's people like me that make football news what it is

NorthernWolvesSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by NorthernWolvesSC »

Anyone know the Cove vs Flinders score?

Toffeeman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Toffeeman »

Cougars vs Salisbury Villa

As 2-3
Bs 3-3

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Adelaide Villa v Pumas

A's 5-2
B's 9-1
C's 10-0

wideman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by wideman »

flinders v southern breakers??

wideman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by wideman »

flinders v southern breakers??

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

wideman wrote:flinders v southern breakers??
Flinders B's won 4-1 but could've been a million-nil.

Flinders A's won 2-0 thanks to a second half screamer and a tap in late on.
FSC

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Toffeeman wrote:Cougars vs Salisbury Villa

As 2-3
Bs 3-3
Both great games to watch.

Villa disappointed not to get the win in the reserves after looking the better team in the first half to go 3-1 up at the break. Villa got complacent in the second half and a change in tactics cost them, while Cougars showed a lot of heart to fight back and get a deserved result. Opportunity lost for Villa.

A's was a cracking game to watch full stop. It was a fiery yet fairly contested encounter from both sides, however the ref didn't have the best game with a couple inconsistent penalty calls, one awarded to Cougars, and two waived for Villa.

Both sides showed some quality in tough conditions, and Cougars, with apparently 7-8 regulars out, did very well to take an early 1-0 lead thanks to a penalty, however Villa had most the possession. Villa then had a penalty disallowed, but shortly after equalized.

Cougars then took a surprise lead at 2-1, and with the Cougars defense coping well with Villa's long ball game, and Villa struggling for clear chances, it looked like another upset for the round was occurring. Villa's stand in keeper then made an amazing save, after a poor back pass left him one on one with the Cougar's striker. Looked to be a certain goal, and probably would have left Villa with too much to do for a result, but our keeper made a sprawling save by the very tip of his big toe to keep us in the game.

Villa were then denied another penalty after the foul was judged to be just outside the box, yet the ensuing disagreement ultimately worked in Villa's favor, as it fired the boys up, and a courageous final 15 minutes saw Villa finally find their passing game up top, resulting in two quick goals to win it at the death 3-2.

Credit to Cougars who battled hard for the whole match undermanned, and nearly pulled off a great upset with their admirable fighting spirit, yet further credit to our boys for showing that unprecedented Villa spirit and steely determination to come from behind and snatch the win. Great game, great win.

Thanks to the Cougars for the great hospitality as usual, and most importantly, remaining consistent with the amazing food on offer. Didn't get the home made barbecued sausages of last season, but the pork belly rolls more than made up for it! Excitement on and off the pitch from my point of view, and as a wise man once said, my short comings as a player, are a direct result of being the MVP at every bbq.

Good luck for the rest of the season to Cougars.

Some big results this round that could have a say in the final two going up. Early days yet, but Stirling and Hawks can't be happy with their results this round. I think I may have called them in the Div. 2 thread as well. FIGJAM!!!

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

C's 2-0

Despite your final sentence, it doesn't sound like you are giving OTH too much credit or respect there otto? :D

If I'm reading that description correctly, surely 5 goals in the second half had a little more to do with a lucky long ball and sticky mud patch? :lol:

Come on matey, be honest with us, you took your foot of the gas after half time thinking you had in the bag, then bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bag splits from the bottom, and there's f-ucking broken eggs splattered everywhere!!

Nice win for OTH, but I'm sure you lot will bounce back. :wink:

EDIT: Just saw the fixtures, so I'm sure you'll bounce back in round 13. :lol:

jonah
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jonah »

Munno Para - 3 Bosa - 1
A good hard game played in good spirit. Very enjoyable.
Good win to the para boys after going 1 down shortly after half time.

MPCFC

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Azzurri80 wrote: Despite your final sentence, it doesn't sound like you are giving OTH too much credit or respect there otto? :D

If I'm reading that description correctly, surely 5 goals in the second half had a little more to do with a lucky long ball and sticky mud patch? :lol:

Come on matey, be honest with us, you took your foot of the gas after half time thinking you had in the bag, then bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bag splits from the bottom, and there's f-ucking broken eggs splattered everywhere!!

nah look all credit to the stirling side. we found out in the first half, and for long periods of the second half, why they are sitting up high in div 2. a quality side, with some great structure who move the ball well. we felt extremely fortunate to walk in at half time still in the game at 3-2 down. i think stirling were unlucky, they were faced with a real purple patch from us that yielded a few goals. from there it was very hard to come back from in those conditions. the pitch was quite sloppy under foot. i just think the sudden flurry of goals maybe shocked stirling and they never quite recovered... feeling very happy to get on the right end of a game like that. full credit to a very good stirling side who showed many qualities of a top class side

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

othsc4life wrote:
Azzurri80 wrote: Despite your final sentence, it doesn't sound like you are giving OTH too much credit or respect there otto? :D

nah look all credit to the stirling side. we found out in the first half, and for long periods of the
second half, why they are sitting up high in div 2. a quality side, with some great structure who move the ball well. we felt extremely fortunate to walk in at half time still in the game at 3-2 down. i think stirling were unlucky, they were faced with a real purple patch from us that yielded a few goals. from there it was very hard to come back from in those conditions. the pitch was quite sloppy under foot. i just think the sudden flurry of goals maybe shocked stirling and they never quite recovered... feeling very happy to get on the right

end of a game like that. full credit to a very good stirling side who showed many qualities of a top class side

Full credit for one of the most honest replies I've ever read on Footballnews
Are you Bodo in disguise?

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Azzurri80 wrote:

C's 2-0

Despite your final sentence, it doesn't sound like you are giving OTH too much credit or respect there otto? :D

They played the pitch and conditions perfectly and we didn't adapt at all. They were very efficient in front of goal, their nippy striker had a blinder and just about every shot was on target. Goals were a penalty, a corner, two long bombs and then when we were chasing the game they worked two good goals through their midfield. Their keeper was picking saves out of the corners. They were full value for their win.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Pi55 Take
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pi55 Take »

Fído Dido wrote:
De Voyeur wrote:As: Jets 2 v Saints 2
That will please Uni.
Especially since the score was actually 3-1 to Saints.

Jets v St Peters

A: 1-3
B: 2-6
C: 1-0