YELLOW CARDS!

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

YELLOW CARDS!

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

Surely getting a yellow card in the cup round should not add on to your season amount of cards.
Also should be more than 4 yellows that equal a suspension should be like 6.

:x

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: YELLOW CARDS!

Post by bench-warmer »

You must have just gotten your 4th yellow last week. :lol:

Most pro leagues around the world have suspension after 4-5 yellows. Some, like the EPL have a 5 card rule that resets after the first half of the season, which is on par with the amount of games we play.

Regarding the cup, if you didn't include it, you'd have some idiots going out an getting a yellow every cup game without penalty.

I'd suggest if someone on your team already has 4 yellows (in only 9 games, if you count the cup), they may need to chill out and play a little cleaner?
Because everyone needs one.

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

Yeah we were wondering at training what other league rules were.

Ill def tell this guy to chill :wink:

3 bad tackles in 810mins of soccer aint to bad

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

You can get a yellow card far too easily these days and in this country.

Dils001
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Dils001 »

You tell that guy to calm it down a bit Stu. See if you can get him to listen!

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

I can understand if the yellow is really worth it but it is really necessary for refs to give stupid yellows in a cup game...we had this situation on a Sunday where really we had no chance against the downs yet the ref was giving silly cards out and trying to over ref the game...as the opposition captain on the day I was even questioning the ref when he was giving cards to the downs, some decisions where unnecessary to show yellow!! I even spoke to him at Half time to sort of ease up on both teams and his response was "I don't make the laws of the game up" and "I can't just change them!" Which is fair enough but u can interpret them differently!!! We both have leagues to worry about last thing we wanted was to cop stupid yellows or worse!! And it wasn't as if tackles where flying in or the game was nasty!! Was even too friendly!!! But 10 yellows and a red later he was the star of the show!!
End rant!

Se7en
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Se7en »

Cards = more money to the league. What's the going rate these days used to be about $20 per yellow. I reckon there is some revenue raising involved in it given how soft some of the cards are. Only my opinion.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Se7en wrote:Cards = more money to the league. What's the going rate these days used to be about $20 per yellow. I reckon there is some revenue raising involved in it given how soft some of the cards are. Only my opinion.
Only get fined once the player gets his 4th yellow

Adrenaline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Adrenaline »

I am yet to receive a yellow card in over ten years of club football. If you're getting 4 that quickly, you're playing the game wrong.

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 4-4-2 »

Adrenaline wrote:I am yet to receive a yellow card in over ten years of club football. If you're getting 4 that quickly, you're playing the game wrong.
Or you are soft

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

4-4-2 wrote:
Adrenaline wrote:I am yet to receive a yellow card in over ten years of club football. If you're getting 4 that quickly, you're playing the game wrong.
Or you are soft
Most of the yellow cards I see these days are not related to 'hardness'....mostly being mouthy, kicking the ball after the whistle etc...
they are the pointless ones that can let your team and club down over the course of a season.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddevil »

swannsong wrote:
4-4-2 wrote:
Or you are soft
Most of the yellow cards I see these days are not related to 'hardness'....mostly being mouthy, kicking the ball after the whistle etc...
they are the pointless ones that can let your team and club down over the course of a season.

Couldn't agree more Swanny.

So many pointless cards, that only let yourself and your team down - just play the game!!!!

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

swannsong wrote:
4-4-2 wrote:
Or you are soft

+1

Jeremy Paxman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jeremy Paxman »

Today an Angkor Hornbill player talked himself into an early show. Well, I say early shower, it's not as though there were any showers there. Or changerooms, or toilets for that matter. What a shambles!
The English approach to ideas is not to kill them, but to let them die of neglect.