Amateur League State Team

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

FRANKEL
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Amateur League State Team

Post by FRANKEL »

Cobweb Rides Again wrote:Frankel, I am told they are not playing tonight......
Yeh I heard before thanks though its now next Wednesday at para hills ground
An I'm on my knees looking for the answers....

Are we human!!!!!!! Or are we scousers!!!!!!!

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

Is it just me or is this thing dying a slow death?
Great idea in principle though.

FRANKEL
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FRANKEL »

Fact Hunt wrote:Is it just me or is this thing dying a slow death?
Great idea in principle though.
Only 9 there on Monday had 19 both Monday and Tuesday last week I think this weeks training was affected by the weather iv been too all sessions so far and enjoyed it
An I'm on my knees looking for the answers....

Are we human!!!!!!! Or are we scousers!!!!!!!

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Can't see how the state team can be seen as anything other than a good thing.

It would be good if the concept can be maintained and the team could play select sides from interstate or other regions (such as NASA, Western Border etc).
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

other regions FFSA owned
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

Black_Panther wrote:Can't see how the state team can be seen as anything other than a good thing.

It would be good if the concept can be maintained and the team could play select sides from interstate or other regions (such as NASA, Western Border etc).
Why not?

To boldly go where no team has gone before
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

htfac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by htfac »

Been cancelled. Just seen this on E&D Facebook.

The Clinic for Adelaide United at Thebarton Has been Cancelled and We are in the Process of arranging it Direct with Adelaide United and we will put out details as soon as finalised. Please see the letter attached:

June 27, 2014

CANCELLATION OF ADELAIDE UNITED VS SAASL STATE TEAM MATCH

The planned exhibition match between Adelaide United and the South Australian Amateur Soccer League (SAASL) State Team has unfortunately been cancelled.

The match, which was scheduled to be played at Thebarton Oval on July 13, was going to represent a celebration of South Australian football and mark the 50th year of the SAASL. It was also set to be the first ever match between Adelaide United and an amateur state team.

Both the Adelaide United Football Club and the SAASL are extremely disappointed with the cancellation of the match. It comes as a result of a ruling by Football Federation Australia (FFA) that the match will not be sanctioned due to the SAASL State Team not being an official affiliate team of the FFA, despite both organisations’ initial understanding that the match would be sanctioned.

The Adelaide United Football Club and the SAASL saw this special one-off match as a fantastic opportunity to bring together the local football community and recognise the important role that amateur league clubs and players have played in the South Australian football landscape over the past 50 years.

Coaching clinics for kids and junior players were also organised for the day, which will now be rescheduled in light of the match cancellation. Adelaide United will contact the respective junior associations (Elizabeth & Districts and Southern Districts) shortly to arrange new dates for these coaching clinics.

Adelaide United and the SAASL sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by the cancellation of the match, including to players, coaches, support staff, corporate sponsors and the general public who were looking forward to attending the game.

Adelaide United and the SAASL will continue to work with the FFA to encourage a united approach to football in SA, and would certainly be open to rescheduling the match in the future if the FFA permits.

If you have any questions about the match cancellation, please contact the League office on (08) 8353 7355.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

FFA heard that a player from Salisbury Inter may be selected in the squad after SAASL was initially advised that the game would be sanctioned on the proviso that no ethnic clubs be involved.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

El Paso del Norte wrote:FFA heard that a player from Salisbury Inter may be selected in the squad after SAASL was initially advised that the game would be sanctioned on the proviso that no ethnic clubs be involved.
WTF!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

htfac wrote:Been cancelled. Just seen this on E&D Facebook.

The Clinic for Adelaide United at Thebarton Has been Cancelled and We are in the Process of arranging it Direct with Adelaide United and we will put out details as soon as finalised. Please see the letter attached:

June 27, 2014

CANCELLATION OF ADELAIDE UNITED VS SAASL STATE TEAM MATCH

The planned exhibition match between Adelaide United and the South Australian Amateur Soccer League (SAASL) State Team has unfortunately been cancelled.

The match, which was scheduled to be played at Thebarton Oval on July 13, was going to represent a celebration of South Australian football and mark the 50th year of the SAASL. It was also set to be the first ever match between Adelaide United and an amateur state team.

Both the Adelaide United Football Club and the SAASL are extremely disappointed with the cancellation of the match. It comes as a result of a ruling by Football Federation Australia (FFA) that the match will not be sanctioned due to the SAASL State Team not being an official affiliate team of the FFA, despite both organisations’ initial understanding that the match would be sanctioned.

The Adelaide United Football Club and the SAASL saw this special one-off match as a fantastic opportunity to bring together the local football community and recognise the important role that amateur league clubs and players have played in the South Australian football landscape over the past 50 years.

Coaching clinics for kids and junior players were also organised for the day, which will now be rescheduled in light of the match cancellation. Adelaide United will contact the respective junior associations (Elizabeth & Districts and Southern Districts) shortly to arrange new dates for these coaching clinics.

Adelaide United and the SAASL sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by the cancellation of the match, including to players, coaches, support staff, corporate sponsors and the general public who were looking forward to attending the game.

Adelaide United and the SAASL will continue to work with the FFA to encourage a united approach to football in SA, and would certainly be open to rescheduling the match in the future if the FFA permits.

If you have any questions about the match cancellation, please contact the League office on <a href="tel:(08) 8353 7355">(08) 8353 7355</a>.
:shock: :? :cry: very disappointing for everyone
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

clemence
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by clemence »

are adelaide united more willing to work with the SAASL than FFSA ,

This might, just might give the code in this state a big kick up the backside from the people above

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Adelaide united running scared.

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

Let's go back to the start I thought the FFA sanctioned the game? Surely this would have been sorted before the announcement and any flyers made up or posted on football news really makes everyone look like Amateurs tbh, although I think the best thing for soccer in SA is for everyone to get along, all of this should never have happened!!!

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

LRO wrote:Let's go back to the start I thought the FFA sanctioned the game? Surely this would have been sorted before the announcement and any flyers made up or posted on football news really makes everyone look like Amateurs tbh, although I think the best thing for soccer in SA is for everyone to get along, all of this should never have happened!!!
don't forget we are talking about Adelaide United.

the same club that publically stated that they don't answer to the FFSA when they took over Enfield :oops:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Judging by the reactions of some on here I think maybe the FFSA petitioned the FFA to pressure Adelaide United put the brakes on the event,
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

What a croc of sh-it!

Just another embarrassing episode to add to the comedy show that is Australian national/state football, and the jokers running the show.

I feel sorry for the amateur players who were selected and looking forward to testing themselves against SA's best. Especially any younger fellas who would have been nervously pumped and excited to go head to head with some of the pro's they watch and support in the A-League.

F-ucking disgraceful, and it's little wonder any Australian's who have managed to go on and play at the highest level abroad, hardly ever touched a blade of grass in their homeland during their development.

If you want to be the next Timmy Cahill kids, work hard and reach for the stars, because in about 2 minutes I'll kick that chair you're standing on from under you.

F-ucking joke. The majority of us should be doubly p-issed for wasting our breathe in this thread, as we older guys should have known it was only a matter of time before this went balls up.

The crew down at that circus we know as the FFA are probably still polishing their knobs and patting each other's backs over Australia's successful(?) World Cup performance, whereby a nation praised the amazing achievement of finishing bottom of their group and unable to register one measly point. If it wasn't for Cahill's aging lion heart to conveniently act as a distraction, Australia wouldn't even be in the current football world's vocabulary.

You may think I've gone way of topic here, but it's all relevant and interconnected starting from the grassroots, right up to the clowns above running the show in this country, and just when you think they've finally got it right, they go and squeeze one too many clowns in that little red mini minor and all those f-uckers suffocate and blow the whole show. No refunds, and watch for the elephant sh-it on your way out.

The FFA should have a bold clear motto displayed beneath their title, which clearly states:

'HOPE FOR THE BEST EXPECT THE WORST' :clown:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Precisely, Cahill left at 15 as he knew his development was elsewhere.

And a mate of mine was selected, an Adelaide United season ticket holder who was very excited. As were we to see him play.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Azzurri80 wrote:What a croc of sh-it!

Just another embarrassing episode to add to the comedy show that is Australian national/state football, and the jokers running the show.

I feel sorry for the amateur players who were selected and looking forward to testing themselves against SA's best. Especially any younger fellas who would have been nervously pumped and excited to go head to head with some of the pro's they watch and support in the A-League.

F-ucking disgraceful, and it's little wonder any Australian's who have managed to go on and play at the highest level abroad, hardly ever touched a blade of grass in their homeland during their development.

If you want to be the next Timmy Cahill kids, work hard and reach for the stars, because in about 2 minutes I'll kick that chair you're standing on from under you.

F-ucking joke. The majority of us should be doubly p-issed for wasting our breathe in this thread, as we older guys should have known it was only a matter of time before this went balls up.

The crew down at that circus we know as the FFA are probably still polishing their knobs and patting each other's backs over Australia's successful(?) World Cup performance, whereby a nation praised the amazing achievement of finishing bottom of their group and unable to register one measly point. If it wasn't for Cahill's aging lion heart to conveniently act as a distraction, Australia wouldn't even be in the current football world's vocabulary.

You may think I've gone way of topic here, but it's all relevant and interconnected starting from the grassroots, right up to the clowns above running the show in this country, and just when you think they've finally got it right, they go and squeeze one too many clowns in that little red mini minor and all those f-uckers suffocate and blow the whole show. No refunds, and watch for the elephant sh-it on your way out.

The FFA should have a bold clear motto displayed beneath their title, which clearly states:

'HOPE FOR THE BEST EXPECT THE WORST' :clown:
agree with most of that

but end of the day, AU need to play their politics better.

they have been approaching the local scene all wrong and they ain't getting anywhere, making themselves look stupid and amateur in the process

letting their emotion dictate their decisions, not their brains.

Urgh! A Musíc War
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Urgh! A Musíc War »

Pissant mentality :P
I hate screaming kids

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Urgh! A Musíc War wrote:Pissant mentality :P
No, it's a tiki taka mentality now. :roll:

Urgh! A Musíc War
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Urgh! A Musíc War »

I thought that was dead.
I hate screaming kids

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Twice now Adelaide United have risked doing something different, something on the edge, something that might improve football in this state. Twice FFSA have torpedoed their efforts, it appears to me simply out of self interest and a misguided sense of self importance.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

I think the FFSA & their member clubs deserve each other. As otto has said their levels of self importance and agendas are running the game in this state into the ground.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Flappy007
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Flappy007 »

Same thing happened in Perth years ago when WAASA was in charge of the amateur leagues. All the state league teams went over to Footballwest which was under the FFA banner whilst WAASA stood alone. Eventually the amatuer clubs had no option but to follow suit and join FootballWest resulting now in a great competition where amatuer clubs get promoted into the State league whilst state league teams get relegated back into the amatuers. A state amatuer team also plays Perth Glory every year.

When I moved here I couldn't believe there are 4 different "organisations" involved in Football. (amatuer, Masters, Collegiates and FFSA). Is SAASL sanctioned by the FFA? If not, then maybe they need to look at it and Football in South Australia has to change and all amalgamate under the 1 umbrella. Then Football in this state for the Juniors will benefit. Footballwest along with Perth Glory hold Football clinics every school holiday for Miniroos and Junior kids where they play get coached and play against Glory Players/ coaching staff.

I'll sit back now and cop the flack but keep in mind, this is just my opinion and I'm new to the state (16mths) but as I mentioned above, have been through this same issue before.

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

Interestingly the FFSA are OK having SAASL and E&D clubs being affiliated with FFSA.
"I walk the line" Johnny Cash the man in black

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Flappy007 wrote:Same thing happened in Perth years ago when WAASA was in charge of the amateur leagues. All the state league teams went over to Footballwest which was under the FFA banner whilst WAASA stood alone. Eventually the amatuer clubs had no option but to follow suit and join FootballWest resulting now in a great competition where amatuer clubs get promoted into the State league whilst state league teams get relegated back into the amatuers. A state amatuer team also plays Perth Glory every year.

When I moved here I couldn't believe there are 4 different "organisations" involved in Football. (amatuer, Masters, Collegiates and FFSA). Is SAASL sanctioned by the FFA? If not, then maybe they need to look at it and Football in South Australia has to change and all amalgamate under the 1 umbrella. Then Football in this state for the Juniors will benefit. Footballwest along with Perth Glory hold Football clinics every school holiday for Miniroos and Junior kids where they play get coached and play against Glory Players/ coaching staff.

I'll sit back now and cop the flack but keep in mind, this is just my opinion and I'm new to the state (16mths) but as I mentioned above, have been through this same issue before.
no flack so far, because it all makes fking perfect sense mate
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

PASC wrote:
Flappy007 wrote:Same thing happened in Perth years ago when WAASA was in charge of the amateur leagues. All the state league teams went over to Footballwest which was under the FFA banner whilst WAASA stood alone. Eventually the amatuer clubs had no option but to follow suit and join FootballWest resulting now in a great competition where amatuer clubs get promoted into the State league whilst state league teams get relegated back into the amatuers. A state amatuer team also plays Perth Glory every year.

no flack so far, because it all makes fking perfect sense mate
No way!

It seems way too logical, effective and exciting to ever work here!

Keep your crazy, mad ideals of this so called mystical magical land to yourself thanks Flappy. It has no place here in SA! :twisted:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Still don't see why it's such a big deal.

Maybe ffsa should come under saasl's umbrella.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Black_Panther wrote:I think the FFSA & their member clubs deserve each other. As otto has said their levels of self importance and agendas are running the game in this state into the ground.
If AU are such good blokes why don't you get SAASL to invite them to enter a side in either Saturday or Sunday amateurs?
Time for some righteous indignation

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Stitch This wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:I think the FFSA & their member clubs deserve each other. As otto has said their levels of self importance and agendas are running the game in this state into the ground.
If AU are such good blokes why don't you get SAASL to invite them to enter a side in either Saturday or Sunday amateurs?
Already been done Stitch....

Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook