Results Saturday May 17th

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Love_the_game
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Results Saturday May 17th

Post by Love_the_game »

Sorry BOSASC, I don't know Adrian. My name is John I was standing with the BOSA supporters. Also, I did not suggest that anyone ran on to the ground!? I think you are having trouble with the word hypothetical. It means an 'unreal, possible or potential situation'.

Have a good weekend.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Love_the_game wrote:Regarding the BOSA vs AUSC A's match.

From an objective standpoint, it is rather clear to see why the referee called the match off. The antagonist behind the AUSC goal is an ex-BOSA president and current club official (lets use the pseudonym "Rolf"). In addition to intimidating and verbally abusing the referee (in response to his decision to card a BOSA player [pseudonym "Tossa"] for simulation), "Rolf" harassed the AUSC goalkeeper and refused to move after several requests from the referee. "Rolf" was not merely "out of harms way", acting as an innocent ball boy - who was simply "laying down behind the goal" - he was actively and repeatedly antagonistic toward both the referee and AUSC keeper. Such behavior is markedly different to repeated encroachment of ones "technical area".

Furthermore, a football match does not require a minimum playing time for such a decision to stand (unless extreme weather ensues at which point at least 60 mins must be played). Think about it hypothetically, if spectators of a particular team invaded the pitch with the intent to assault players at the 59th minute, the referee is not going to advise players to simply "run away, around in circles for another minute" in order to make the result stand, such would be absurd...hence, under the circumstances, there is no minimum play time in order to call a match off.

The correct decision under the circumstances is an AUSC win 3-0.

Al the best.
Is it 2 or 3 nil?

I've had a game abandoned (bad injury) about the 55th minute. The 1-0 score line stood.

Facts are - Rolf was asked to move by the ex wallabies scrum half) and he didn't. George should have approached the marshall but he doesn't have to. I think the league will say the score stands.

BOSASC
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by BOSASC »

Love_the_game wrote:Sorry BOSASC, I don't know Adrian. My name is John I was standing with the BOSA supporters. Also, I did not suggest that anyone ran on to the ground!? I think you are having trouble with the word hypothetical. It means an 'unreal, possible or potential situation'.

Have a good weekend.
When did you change your name Chris Hewitson ?

Thanks for your input.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Right Back wrote:A's: Vipers 0 - 3 Titans
B's: Vipers 0 - 3 Titans
C's: Vipers 0 - 7 Titans

Great day for the Titans, 3 wins, 3 clean sheets, a hat-trick from Pro Loizides to get the first 3 points on the board and a perfect start for new coach Dom Musci.

The referee made some questionable decisions regarding choice of card (especially the red) but it didn't matter in the end...
shiraz me.... :x

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

............... :roll:

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

Bosa ain't nothin but hound doggies cryin all the time,
You ain't nothin but hound doggies cryin all the time,
if you wanted to finish the game,
You shoulda just moved your supporter behind the line.

When you said you are high classed,
well, that was just a lie.
When you said your clubs innocent,
well, that was just a lie.
You ain't getting no points,
and you ain't no friend of mine.

Ottsan
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ottsan »

God is an Englishman wrote:I think the league will say the score stands.
I think they will too, but it'd be a joke if it did.
인생이란 그런 거지요

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

spooky1972 wrote:since I can remember people are not allowed behind the goals or near the goals because they can put keepers off. I remember swannsong being asked to move or had to seek special permission to be around the goals and he was the paid photo dude, let alone someone who was possibly taunting the keeper in the eyes of the ref.
When we played Downs a few weeks ago they had about 30 guys standing right next to the goals,even set up some seating there. Wasn't 100% sure if it was "allowed" although a part from a bit of banter wasn't threatening and we certainly didn't complain
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Chucký Chunder
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Chucký Chunder »

By seating do you mean eskies?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Knight15 wrote:
spooky1972 wrote:since I can remember people are not allowed behind the goals or near the goals because they can put keepers off. I remember swannsong being asked to move or had to seek special permission to be around the goals and he was the paid photo dude, let alone someone who was possibly taunting the keeper in the eyes of the ref.
When we played Downs a few weeks ago they had about 30 guys standing right next to the goals,even set up some seating there. Wasn't 100% sure if it was "allowed" although a part from a bit of banter wasn't threatening and we certainly didn't complain
That was at Brahma Lodge....all depends on referee....when we played there last year Brahma had about 40 guys, in all sorts of dress up, drinking and having a great time trying to heckle players....added to the fun..
PS.....I am not a "paid photo dude".... Volunteer only :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

BOSASC
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by BOSASC »

Love_the_game wrote:

From an objective standpoint, it is rather clear to see why the referee called the match off. The antagonist behind the AUSC goal is an ex-BOSA president and current club official (lets use the pseudonym "Rolf"). In addition to intimidating and verbally abusing the referee (in response to his decision to card a BOSA player [pseudonym "Tossa"] for simulation), "Rolf" harassed the AUSC goalkeeper and refused to move after several requests from the referee. "Rolf" was not merely "out of harms way", acting as an innocent ball boy - who was simply "laying down behind the goal" - he was actively and repeatedly antagonistic toward both the referee and AUSC keeper. Such behavior is markedly different to repeated encroachment of ones "technical area".

Furthermore, a football match does not require a minimum playing time for such a decision to stand (unless extreme weather ensues at which point at least 60 mins must be played). Think about it hypothetically, if spectators of a particular team invaded the pitch with the intent to assault players at the 59th minute, the referee is not going to advise players to simply "run away, around in circles for another minute" in order to make the result stand, such would be absurd...hence, under the circumstances, there is no minimum play time in order to call a match off.

Al the best.
Furthermore, from a perspective of the southern side (BOSA side) of the pitch, and at the halfway line "Rolf" was clearly visible on the northern side of the goal and not obscured by the side or rear netting of the goal and was thus adjacent to the goal itself (not 10 meters behind). This is further confirmed by the fact that the referee did not have to leave the pitch to talk to him.

Chris Hewiston how can you be objective if you were playing for Adelaide Uni in the game (named in starting 11).

The truth being is your making up crap as you know that the person laying down behind the goals yes on either side not directly behind the goals was not at all being abusive or threatening towards the goallie or the referee.

Nice try

BOSASC
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by BOSASC »

Love_the_game wrote:

Al the best.
Furthermore, from a perspective of the southern side (BOSA side) of the pitch, and at the halfway line "Rolf" was clearly visible on the northern side of the goal and not obscured by the side or rear netting of the goal and was thus adjacent to the goal itself (not 10 meters behind). This is further confirmed by the fact that the referee did not have to leave the pitch to talk to him.

Chris Hewiston how can you be objective if you were playing for Adelaide Uni in the game (named in starting 11).

The truth being is your making up crap as you know that the person laying down behind the goals yes on either side not directly behind the goals was not at all being abusive or threatening towards the goallie or the referee.

Nice try

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Well, looks like its pretty clear then. If you're looking down the barrell early enough in a game, just get someone to stand behind the goal and carry on and wait for the game to be called off. Spectators should be allowed behind the goal anyway, as long as they arent physically interefering with the game. Its laughable that a few verbals "to put keepers off" or giving the ref a bit of lip is more or less behind the reasoning on all of this.
Ignore this signature

Chade
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chade »

BOSASC wrote:Chris Hewiston how can you be objective if you were playing for Adelaide Uni in the game (named in starting 11).

Nice try
You're not really in a position to have a go at someone for not being objective, though. The simple facts of what happened and the involved parties have already been stated in the first few posts of this thread - as well as all of the decent analysis of the situation. The rest after is speculation.

No one but the referee, the Uni goalkeeper and the apparent spectator actually know what was said immediately prior to the referee's call, as everyone else had moved back into position for a goal kick.

Uni (we) had nothing to do with this beyond being the opposition team in the game...

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

swannsong wrote:
Knight15 wrote:
That was at Brahma Lodge....all depends on referee....when we played there last year Brahma had about 40 guys, in all sorts of dress up, drinking and having a great time trying to heckle players....added to the fun..
PS.....I am not a "paid photo dude".... Volunteer only :D
I take exception to that, they were my Sunday bests I was wearing!
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

Love_the_game
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Love_the_game »

haha, I applaud your keen "investigationing" BOSASC, I assumed that pseudonyms would be appropriate given forum policy to be fair to those involved. As for the perspective from the southern side of the pitch several of our supporters/family members were chatting to friends on that side and all corroborated to the events. As for the notion of objectivity, although an AUSC player, I may still be objective. It is when a statement veers from the facts, when one states opinions based on emotion or individual perspective that the statement becomes subjective.

I look forward to playing BOSA in round two under less ominous circumstances. All the best for your season BOSASC.

Chris (aka "John", aka "Adrian")... no, just Chris.

ChelseaGK
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ChelseaGK »

Stirling v GFC

Cs
4-0

Bs
1-0 abandoned after 23mins due to suspected broken ankle to Stirling defender. No malice challenge or anything just landed wrong. What was the outcome? Wish him a speedy recovery.

As
2-0

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Can't quite recall the specifics, but didn't a completely innocent bystander in a Jets kit get seriously assaulted and smacked in the mouth behind the goals in a game last season? Make no mistake men, this is an extremely important issue, and we should all be united in doing our bit to ensure we get those innocent victim statistics all the way down to zero (0) random smacks in the mouth behind the goals assaults, by the year 2016.

Proof enough that the ref was well within his rights, and was doing his honorable duty of protecting and serving every man, woman and child within a 100km radius of the playing surface, as his duty statement clearly outlines. Unauthorized loitering behind ANY goals can prove to be extremely dangerous, as I'm sure the innocent victim from last season will attest, such random acts of 'behind the goals' violence can destroy families, and sometimes entire communities. Not to mention the ongoing psychological and physical injuries that can stay with victims for months after an attack, even years in some reported cases.

The accused perpetrator in this example could have been a complete mad and violent serial offender just laying down on the grass in an unassuming fashion, but all the while patiently watching and stalking his prey and waiting for that perfect moment to pounce on his victim, or victims.

Some may say the ref was being a complete and utter princess in this case, perhaps guilty of trying to impress a watching bystander with an overzealous and moronic moment of pure self indulgent madness, that served to announce his all mighty and powerful presence and status that day, whilst also ruining what should have been a tough and enjoyable game of football for both parties involved, and any neutrals who may have made the wasteful journey to the ground to watch.

On the contrary, whispers have all ready been passed around, with some intrigued followers of this story beginning to question the ball boys true motives. Was he the innocent victim in all this? An unwilling pawn meticulously selected to play the sacrificial lamb in the ref's sick and twisted egotistical grand production, whereby he would be director, producer and one's own personal muse, in a classic telling of a tragic tale that could, and did, have only one predetermined and totally intentional ending. Or did this mysterious ball boy have his own sub plot involving some type of deep passionate attachment to the area of grass he bedded and so passionately defended, with the bravado and sternness usually reserved for the historical brave hearts of a bygone era. Willing to spill his own blood for his cause, and unwilling to take 10 steps to the left; determined to never retreat, and never surrender to a more powerful authority for who he has no allegiance and no respect.

Or maybe it's just another example of two nitwits playing 'my c-ocks bigger than yours' at the selfish expense of ruining what should have been a great game of football, and an enjoyable day out for players, their families, and other spectators. These two idiots are both to blame for acting like a couple of babies, instead of settling a minor issue like a couple of normal and reasonable human beings.

The fact you are all debating who's at fault and blah, blah, blah, bored me to the extent that I had to write that above dribble just to entertain myself, and hopefully mind f-uck all of you into getting off this stupid topic.

Punish the ref by making him be a ball boy for a week, and punish the ball boy by running over him with a Toyota Hilux twice. Forwards, and then reverse.

Problem solved.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

ChelseaGK wrote:Stirling v GFC

Cs
4-0

Bs
1-0 abandoned after 23mins due to suspected broken ankle to Stirling defender. No malice challenge or anything just landed wrong. What was the outcome? Wish him a speedy recovery.

As
2-0
Did his ankle break clean off and go missing in the grass, forcing you all to spend the remaining 67 minutes combing the pitch in the hope of finding and returning his missing ankle?

I don't get it?

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Gold :lol:
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Gunners1
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gunners1 »

Cs
4-0

Bs

As
2-0
Didn't end up too good. He broke his ankle, tore his ankle ligaments and broke his tibia just below the knee. There was nothing in the challenge, he just landed wrong as you said. He has surgery today. It was a good 30-40 minutes before the ambulance arrived, hence why the ref decided to call it off I guess. Thanks to all the Gleeson guys for your concerns.

Look forward to the return fixture down there.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Gunners1 wrote:

Cs
4-0

Bs

As
2-0
Didn't end up too good. He broke his ankle, tore his ankle ligaments and broke his tibia just below the knee. There was nothing in the challenge, he just landed wrong as you said. He has surgery today. It was a good 30-40 minutes before the ambulance arrived, hence why the ref decided to call it off I guess. Thanks to all the Gleeson guys for your concerns.

Fair enough. Tough break (too soon?) for the poor fella. I'm sure I speak on behalf of the majority here in wishing him a speedy recovery and strong will to get through it. Didn't mean to come across insensitive, just thought it was strange he wasn't helped of the park so the game could continue. I thought it's only really with suspected spinal or neck injuries that warrant calling a game off, as you shouldn't move the injured until the pros arrive. Never had to deal with that kind of injury, so maybe I was just being a premature ignoramous, so I apologise. Never nice to hear when someone cops this kind of injury, and the tough recovery they'll be up against.

Good news is he should get his fair share of sympathy beers around the club for some time now, so advise him to milk it for all it's worth. Alcohol really does make the pain go away. :shock:

Gunners1
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gunners1 »

Azzurri80 wrote:
Gunners1 wrote:

Cs
4-0

Bs

As
2-0

Fair enough. Tough break (too soon?) for the poor fella. I'm sure I speak on behalf of the majority here in wishing him a speedy recovery and strong will to get through it. Didn't mean to come across insensitive, just thought it was strange he wasn't helped of the park so the game could continue. I thought it's only really with suspected spinal or neck injuries that warrant calling a game off, as you shouldn't move the injured until the pros arrive. Never had to deal with that kind of injury, so maybe I was just being a premature ignoramous, so I apologise. Never nice to hear when someone cops this kind of injury, and the tough recovery they'll be up against.

Good news is he should get his fair share of sympathy beers around the club for some time now, so advise him to milk it for all it's worth. Alcohol really does make the pain go away. :shock:
No worries. Not too soon. Was already used around the club last night. Yeah he didn't want to be moved as he was in too much pain I think and as he was on the pitch so obviously the game could not continue. Tried to get him on the stretcher but like I said he was in too much pain to move. Was easily an hour by the time the ambulance left since the incident.
I'm sure he will get plenty of beers and I'm sure he appreciates the well wishes.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Had the same at an under 14 NPL game today. Kid dislocated his knee cap and couldn't move him. Ambulance
Was there for half hour before he was loaded on the stretcher. Game called off.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Azzurri80 wrote:Can't quite recall the specifics, but didn't a completely innocent bystander in a Jets kit get seriously assaulted and smacked in the mouth behind the goals in a game last season?
I certainly don't recall any serious assault, in fact I think the comment back was that he hit like a girl. The rest you have right though.

Oh and as much as I think you're a lying peasant and a prick, that was pretty funny.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Azzurri80 wrote:Can't quite recall the specifics, but didn't a completely innocent bystander in a Jets kit get seriously assaulted and smacked in the mouth behind the goals in a game last season?
I certainly don't recall any serious assault, in fact I think the comment back was that he hit like a girl. The rest you have right though.

Oh and as much as I think you're a lying peasant and a prick, that was pretty funny.
Come on GIAE, you nearly hurt my feelings with that one matey. Here I was thinking we'd finally turned the corner this season, and then you launch such a scathing, yet incredibly inventive attack on me. Why Lord, why?! Shame on you, you big Shrek lookin' mother-f-ucker you. :D

Anyway, it's nice to know someone's thinking of me, and although creepy, that's very sweet of you to say.

And if you paid more attention last season, you would remember I told you numerous times I'm extremely funny. For f-uck's sake, it's like talking to a retarded convict chained to a brick wall sometimes. :roll:

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Fresh Football wrote:Sturt Marion v Adelaide Wanderers

A's: 1-1, Wanderers player incorrectly sent off according to the ref after the game
B's and C's results?

Thunder Bhoy
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Thunder Bhoy »

B grade

Sturt 3 Wanderers 1

C grade

Sturt 1 Wanderers 1

Chelsea24
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Chelsea24 »

Azzurri80 wrote:
Gunners1 wrote:

Cs
4-0

Bs

As
2-0

I was at the game playing for Gleeson, and speaking on behalf as someone who has broken both legs and many other hospitalised injuries (many other various broken bones), it was the right call not to move him. Broken legs hurt a lot and I wish the guy a speedy recovery. Unfortunately bad landing and it was never gonna be a good result after it... Ambulance takes its time up there though... prob should have given the guy a bottle of vodka to numb the pain while waiting for them... :roll:
I'm just peaking that i hurt my groin in those 25 mins or so too, think i did it patting the local little dog there... but I cant complain considering circumstances... Looked like it was shaping up to be a good competitive game... Reserves were pretty pumped for it.
All the best to Stirling and see you guys on return leg.

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

Chelsea24 wrote: I'm just peaking that i hurt my groin in those 25 mins or so too, think i did it patting the local little dog there... but I cant complain considering circumstances...
W..T..F..???!
Because everyone needs one.