SAASL Website

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Brutus32
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

SAASL Website

Post by Brutus32 »

Thursday morning, still no update, what a joke of a website!!!!!!!! Lucky for footballnews!...in this day and age it's a complete disgrace :oops:

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: SAASL Website

Post by PASC »

well hop to it then....
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

oh no, whatever will we do? how will i know what position on the ladder my team is after round 2!!!! :(

Seriously though, im more than happy with the div 2 ladder at the moment, they can keep it that way :lol:
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Brutus32
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Brutus32 »

fowler_23 wrote:oh no, whatever will we do? how will i know what position on the ladder my team is after round 2!!!! :(

Seriously though, im more than happy with the div 2 ladder at the moment, they can keep it that way :lol:
Why have it if your not gonna update it? i think we pay enough fees to warrant a decently run website or they should pay someone to do a proper job of it.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Brutus32 wrote:Thursday morning, still no update, what a joke of a website!!!!!!!! Lucky for footballnews!...in this day and age it's a complete disgrace :oops:
well, slack at best,which was all i said on the div 4 thread. i still contend that if they cannot produce a table and results by tuesday interested people will have got the info elsewhere. the web format is fine but its old news by the time they publish. a way out i suppose might be to address all inquirys to the omnipotent bloody passit who apparently knows everything. :wink:

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
Brutus32 wrote:Thursday morning, still no update, what a joke of a website!!!!!!!! Lucky for footballnews!...in this day and age it's a complete disgrace :oops:
well, slack at best,which was all i said on the div 4 thread. i still contend that if they cannot produce a table and results by tuesday interested people will have got the info elsewhere. the web format is fine but its old news by the time they publish. a way out i suppose might be to address all inquirys to the omnipotent bloody passit who apparently knows everything. :wink:

Does he know who the top scorers are? There might be a few Fed clubs looking for a gun, is Matteo whacking them in like last year in Sat div2? Hows Foglia (however it is spelt) going on his return from Fed paradise?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Was the SAASL office open on Wednesday ? Being Easter and all.
I know I am doing some things for the up-coming SAASL 50th Dinner, maybe a lot of the volunteer energy at headquarters has gone toward organising this event for May.
Also it is a big time for registrations, chasing affiliation fees etc.etc...
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

you going into politics anytime soon swanny. :?:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:you going into politics anytime soon swanny. :?:
He already has ..... Councillor Swannsong to you

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

chasing a big pay rise according to todays tiser. more pain for the peasants as your rates will go up to pay for it. oh and by the way i know he is on the local council. the real reason pollies work so hard to get a second term is because it scares the crap out of them thinking about trying to get by and make a living under the laws they brought in. happy easter mr passit.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

THE ORAKLE wrote:chasing a big pay rise according to todays tiser. more pain for the peasants as your rates will go up to pay for it. oh and by the way i know he is on the local council. the real reason pollies work so hard to get a second term is because it scares the crap out of them thinking about trying to get by and make a living under the laws they brought in. happy easter mr passit.
Who is chasing a pay rise ? Don't confuse all local Councillors with the City of Adelaide Councillors !
Because Local Councillors are often not 'politicians' there is a lot of learning to do, and it also takes a while for things to move from an idea into a project or plan....hence, many look for a second term to try to achieve something....
As for rate rises, the Council has to run like any other business and has to deal with inflation, build infrastructure, take up slack that the State Goverment causes (less funding for services)....my petrol costs, private medical costs, electricity costs, water costs, food costs etc have nearly always increased yearly by a bigger % than most Council Rates.....why do people expect our costs to be any different ? .... end of rant :)

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

there is a price to pay when you go into politics. they wont let you join unless you renounce forever all the things your parents and your teachers at primary school taught you. like having a conscience,knowing right from wrong,honesty,truthfullness,decency and honor. you must then replace these attributes with avarice, self serving,corporate greed,the inabilty to give a yes or no answer,to be able to lie with straight face and to promise the sun moon and stars only to renege later. for this they will give you the title of the honorable,the grossly parliamentry salary with the 6monthly pay rise the obscene super and the ridiculous perks which includes the invisible teflon overcoat. ok thats my rant for the day as well. :roll:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

THE ORAKLE wrote:there is a price to pay when you go into politics. they wont let you join unless you renounce forever all the things your parents and your teachers at primary school taught you. like having a conscience,knowing right from wrong,honesty,truthfullness,decency and honor. you must then replace these attributes with avarice, self serving,corporate greed,the inabilty to give a yes or no answer,to be able to lie with straight face and to promise the sun moon and stars only to renege later. for this they will give you the title of the honorable,the grossly parliamentry salary with the 6monthly pay rise the obscene super and the ridiculous perks which includes the invisible teflon overcoat. ok thats my rant for the day as well. :roll:
You not only blindly generalize on race but occupations too...well in sir !

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

the three most distrusted professions on the planet are pollies lawyers and used car salesmen. a prime example is john howard who was all three. i admit i do generalise on pollies because i truly believe that they all are as bad as each other. thats labour libs and all the others who dont matter at all. just all mates together when not on telly picking up their fat pay cheques and screwing the peasants. i know you swanny and i reckon you are a good bloke so please dont get in too deep. you will never change them but in time they will change you. :(

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Snout in the trough…
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Black_Panther wrote:Snout in the trough…
I love the first part of your signature. I've never been keen on the pre match warm up lol
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Nicky Tanner
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Nicky Tanner »

THE ORAKLE wrote:the three most distrusted professions on the planet are pollies lawyers and used car salesmen. a prime example is john howard who was all three. i admit i do generalise on pollies because i truly believe that they all are as bad as each other. thats labour libs and all the others who dont matter at all. just all mates together when not on telly picking up their fat pay cheques and screwing the peasants. i know you swanny and i reckon you are a good bloke so please dont get in too deep. you will never change them but in time they will change you. :(
No doubt you didn't think highly of your English teachers either.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Some people really need to realise what that 2nd A in SAASL stands for.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Happyism wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:the three most distrusted professions on the planet are pollies lawyers and used car salesmen. a prime example is john howard who was all three. i admit i do generalise on pollies because i truly believe that they all are as bad as each other. thats labour libs and all the others who dont matter at all. just all mates together when not on telly picking up their fat pay cheques and screwing the peasants. i know you swanny and i reckon you are a good bloke so please dont get in too deep. you will never change them but in time they will change you. :(
No doubt you didn't think highly of your English teachers either.
:?:

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

perhaps the saasl was on strike this week and just forgot to tell us. no games this week so i suppose after 3 weeks we will finaly get details from round 2 along with details from round 3 hopefully. :roll:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Whaa whaa whaa

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

bloodypassit wrote:Whaa whaa whaa
who woke you up. :?: just write something :clown:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:Whaa whaa whaa
who woke you up. :?: just write something :clown:
He did write something, he wrote whaa whaa whaa

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The real thing »

Maybe Whaa, Whaa, Whaa, could be why, why, why is it so hard to get someone to put the results on the SAASL website? Volunteers to busy then ask for help.

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

4PM........ STILL NOTHING.......

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Was at HQ today for other business, apparently some of the paperwork still filtering through today...due to Easter break ( post service) etc. etc. plus office had been closed from 5 PM last Wednesday.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Cool your heels everyone, they're done!!!
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Forgot to ask while I was down there today.....is the SAASL Office open at all on Friday (Anzac Day) ?

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

i thought you got 3 goals for a forfeit. :?:

Diabetic Squirrels
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher