Results, Saturday 5th April 2014

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

mooks1304
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Results, Saturday 5th April 2014

Post by mooks1304 »

Hahndorf 2-3 Angkor (5-4)
Flat Caps And False Nines. A Football Blog.
www.flatcapsandfalsenines.com

mantzy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by mantzy »

Pumas v OTH
7-0

We'll done to the pumas we'll deserve win on difficult pitch conditions. One adapted to pitch there was no stopping us. Game was played in good spirit Pumas far too strong. Good luck to the OTH lads seem like a good bunch and welcome to div 2

flashBLACK
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by flashBLACK »

DIV 4
A: Northern Wolves 3 -2 Adelaide Uni Grey
Reserves: Norther Wolves 3 - 7 Adelaide Uni Grey

DIV 3
A: Adelaide Uni 3 - 6 RBE
Reserves Adelaide Uni 1 - 4 RBE

Cantona.7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona.7 »

USC lion picked up a couple of nsl players!!
17-2. Gotta feel for the monarchs keeper.
Tough day at the office.

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Cantona.7 wrote:USC lion picked up a couple of nsl players!!
Tough day at the office.

Might be a long season for Razor Ray or a very short one

Steve Bruce
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Steve Bruce »

Croydon Cougars 3 (N Lalli 28' pen , 85' , GK tog 54' ) Stirling Dist 1 (T Cookes 21' hdr)
Stirling had a lot of the ball in the 2nd half , had a goal disallowed for handball , pushing for an equalizer in the last 10 mins , but got caught on the counter attack late in the game .
A draw would have been a fair result I reckon .

The Budapestian
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Budapestian »

S
Last edited by The Budapestian on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Galey wrote:
Azzurri80 wrote:Adelaide Villa result?
Villa 5 - Gleeson 0
All goals in 1st half
Hat-trick for Ryan Mitchell and a brace for Lucasz Podolski
How'd Joshy go on his first outing with the new club? I could ask him but he's too modest to give an honest answer. :lol:

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

lufc02 wrote: Adelaide Pumas v One Tree Hill
A 7-0
B 4-0

Held our own for 2/3rds of the game. Plenty of heart and ambition within the squad and youth throughout both As and Bs... A few more ins would help but you play the cards you have.
Does this mean Pumas scored 7 goals in the last 30 minutes? If so that's a fair effort, and sorry champ, but with all due respect, regardless of the issues your club is having, I'm not sure I'd be using the term 'held our own' in any context with that scoreline. :lol:

Maybe something along the lines of: we were destroyed by a better outfit today, and despite our issues, we will strive to be more competitive as the season progresses. :D

I feel for you all, and hope things improve, because a heavy loss can be hard, especially with a depleted squad, but I just had to comment on your post. 7 zip is 7 zip. Whether the goals came in a 10 minute burst, or a 20 minute burst, the fact remains that no one on your team could have possibly been holding their own. Showing heart and ambition is easier to accept, and would have sufficed. If you're forced to play a lot of youngsters, surely you'd be telling them this scoreline is not acceptable, rather than you held your own for the most part?

Not having a go, but youngsters won't learn anything, or get anything out of this season, if you're telling them they held their own in a 7-0 loss, surely?

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

The Budapestian wrote:Supposedly ARBE captain is getting paid a substantial amount of cash behind there players backs. Confirmation?

I'll confirm it for a pineapple. :D

Mate, who cares? It's the amateurs dirty little secret that certain players may get paid whilst others don't. Whether you're one or the other, you probably wouldn't know, or be told, who is or isn't getting something.

Fact is, don't throw stones in a public library. You obviously don't get paid, but the likely hood is someone at your club might be, and whether you agree with the practice or not, your comments prove your ignorance regarding the issue, so you are most likely not the guy that gets told who and who's not on the payroll at your club.

Mind your business, and keep your allegations to yourself, rather then come on here and slander a club, and worst, point out a specific player that can be easily identified. What if that player isn't getting paid? Well you've just publicly called him out unfairly, and possibly created unrest between him and the squad he has to lead each week.

Stupid f-ucking comment, not to mention the non-relevance to this discussion. Jog on!

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Tough day at the office.
This has a whiff of 'Police Machine' to it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -67-0.html

What the hell happened?
FSC

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Black_Panther wrote:Vipers v Uni

C 2:8
B 1:3
A 1:4

All games played in good spirits and a good start to the year for Uni.
Your boys very clinical in front of goals, Vipers should learn a lot from the game.
B's was very competitive, good game what I saw of it.

My Space
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by My Space »

otto62 wrote:
Blueblood wrote:
otto62 wrote:boooooo ... hang on, you're not Val or Behich ... well done Cougars, title contenders.
I wasn't at the game, any chance of a quick summary?
Kick off, goal, goal, goal, another goal, full time. :D
Wow, makes me feel like I was actually there! :lol:
You both must have been drunk as you missed half time.
A big thank you goes out to costa for the avatar.
One day I'll learn how to make my own.

BennyChal
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BennyChal »

How'd St Peters get on yesterday?

ryesmith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ryesmith »

Andy1991 wrote:
Tough day at the office.
This has a whiff of 'Police Machine' to it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -67-0.html

What the hell happened?
28-4 last year was more like the above link haha

lufc02
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by lufc02 »

Azzurri80 wrote:
A 7-0
B 4-0

Held our own for 2/3rds of the game. Plenty of heart and ambition within the squad and youth throughout both As and Bs... A few more ins would help but you play the cards you have.
Does this mean Pumas scored 7 goals in the last 30 minutes? If so that's a fair effort, and sorry champ, but with all due respect, regardless of the issues your club is having, I'm not sure I'd be using the term 'held our own' in any context with that scoreline. :lol:

Maybe something along the lines of: we were destroyed by a better outfit today, and despite our issues, we will strive to be more competitive as the season progresses. :D

I feel for you all, and hope things improve, because a heavy loss can be hard, especially with a depleted squad, but I just had to comment on your post. 7 zip is 7 zip. Whether the goals came in a 10 minute burst, or a 20 minute burst, the fact remains that no one on your team could have possibly been holding their own. Showing heart and ambition is easier to accept, and would have sufficed. If you're forced to play a lot of youngsters, surely you'd be telling them this scoreline is not acceptable, rather than you held your own for the most part?

Not having a go, but youngsters won't learn anything, or get anything out of this season, if you're telling them they held their own in a 7-0 loss, surely?
Close.... They scored 5 in the last 25.... So 2-0 after 65mins and yes, we were holding our own until they scored the second. Take it as you wish. No one is defending the final score, Just stating that we feel over late.

astonvilla91
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by astonvilla91 »

Andy1991 wrote:
Tough day at the office.

What the hell happened?
10 - 0 at half time then USC finished the match off with 10 men. Monarchs just didn't have the pace to deal with Lion's youth and passing game.

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

Jeremy Paxman wrote:
pannafc wrote:you sure you where watching the same reserves game ? modbury had a handful of chances in the first half and took a deserved 1-0 lead into half time
:lol: Beside the goal (which was well taken) and a free kick that wasn't too far over the bar all the other good chances in the first half were at the other end and had Iggies have finished a little better probably would have led at half time. Modbury did hit the post in the second half and you yourself made a real hash of a good chance before you came off. Had you have finished that maybe it would have been a different result.
I'll agree with you there .. I'm not much of a striker and got caught in two minds , horrible attempt at goal though lol

Will_
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Will_ »

astonvilla91 wrote:
Andy1991 wrote:
Tough day at the office.

What the hell happened?
10 - 0 at half time then USC finished the match off with 10 men. Monarchs just didn't have the pace to deal with Lion's youth and passing game.
Surely there is something going on at Monarchs?!

After looking at their results in Pre Season they can't be that bad!

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

lufc02 wrote:
Azzurri80 wrote:
A 7-0
B 4-0

Close.... They scored 5 in the last 25.... So 2-0 after 65mins and yes, we were holding our own until they scored the second. Take it as you wish. No one is defending the final score, Just stating that we feel over late.
Fair enough! Your coach didn't think to pull everyone back to defend after the 2nd or 3rd goal, just to break up their momentum and regain some possession? :lol:

Just jokes mate. Like I said, not having a go at you or your club to stir up sh-it. I just thought the words you chose made it sound like you're fine with that result given you held your own for 65 mins. Comes across like your waving the white flag already! Like I said, I feel for your club because the majority of clubs have been in that position at some point, and it's tough. However, if my team got thumped like that, and a club rep came on here saying we held our own, you can be sure more than one person would be having a word to him, as it's not how our club would want to be portrayed.

At the end of the day, each team runs on with 11 players, the ball remains round, and you both got a set of goals to aim for and defend. I personally hope you guys took the beating personally, and fire up for the rest of the season. You worked too hard to get promoted last season, so regardless of how many new, or young, players you now have, you don't want to become the Div. 2 whipping boys.

Good luck! :wink:

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Azzurri80 wrote:
The Budapestian wrote:Supposedly ARBE captain is getting paid a substantial amount of cash behind there players backs. Confirmation?

Mate, who cares? It's the amateurs dirty little secret that certain players may get paid whilst others don't. Whether you're one or the other, you probably wouldn't know, or be told, who is or isn't getting something.

Fact is, don't throw stones in a public library. You obviously don't get paid, but the likely hood is someone at your club might be, and whether you agree with the practice or not, your comments prove your ignorance regarding the issue, so you are most likely not the guy that gets told who and who's not on the payroll at your club.

Mind your business, and keep your allegations to yourself, rather then come on here and slander a club, and worst, point out a specific player that can be easily identified. What if that player isn't getting paid? Well you've just publicly called him out unfairly, and possibly created unrest between him and the squad he has to lead each week.

Stupid f-ucking comment, not to mention the non-relevance to this discussion. Jog on!

If I don't pay fees at the request of my club, is that considered payment by my club, and do I need to tell my team mates at training?

cabernet I remembered they also give me a steak sandwich and drink after each home game & one free drink after training, is this considered payment also?

ChelseaGK
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ChelseaGK »

GFC v Adel Villa

Cs
0-1

Bs
2-3

As
0-5

Disappointing round 1. Cs and Bs could easily have gone either way. As didn't turn up in the first half and were punished by a quality side.
Cheers to the Villa boys see you for the return leg.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Azzurri80 wrote:

He asked a question, where's the slander?

There's no such crime as slander in SA and even if there was, it would have been libel.

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Azzurri80 wrote:
lufc02 wrote:
Fair enough! Your coach didn't think to pull everyone back to defend after the 2nd or 3rd goal, just to break up their momentum and regain some possession? :lol:

Just jokes mate. Like I said, not having a go at you or your club to stir up sh-it. I just thought the words you chose made it sound like you're fine with that result given you held your own for 65 mins. Comes across like your waving the white flag already! Like I said, I feel for your club because the majority of clubs have been in that position at some point, and it's tough. However, if my team got thumped like that, and a club rep came on here saying we held our own, you can be sure more than one person would be having a word to him, as it's not how our club would want to be portrayed.

At the end of the day, each team runs on with 11 players, the ball remains round, and you both got a set of goals to aim for and defend. I personally hope you guys took the beating personally, and fire up for the rest of the season. You worked too hard to get promoted last season, so regardless of how many new, or young, players you now have, you don't want to become the Div. 2 whipping boys.

Good luck! :wink:
Look like you said 7-0 is 7-0. its a big beating. but i think the point that is being put across is that there are positives to be taken out of the game for us, we showed to ourselves that we can compete in division 2. There is plenty to work on, and competing for 90 minutes is obviously the biggest thing to work on. whether it be a fitness issue, an intensity issue, concentration or just dropping of heads after a couple get let in is something we will work out over time. Its a big step up for the club and i think what we have learnt is that when ya take the foot off the pedal at any point for whatever reason good sides will punish you, and in division 2 all sides have the quality to do that.
Nobody is fine with a losing result, no matter what the score. We dont take the beating personally i dont think, its part of the game and these things unfortunately happen. Obviously it happened because we were not good enough across 90 minutes. But for periods i believe we were good enough but failed to maintain those standards. The beating is a learning curve that hopefully the boys will take on board and we will improve from it. The guys are passionate about the game, the club and staying in division 2 so we will be doing everything we can to improve. Its a very disappointing result but it certainly isnt all doom and gloom... well not from where i am looking anyways.
Well done to you guys, seems you have some quality players around your group and we look forward to meeting you later in the season and hopefully producing some quality football and pushing you for a result

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

othsc4life wrote: Look like you said 7-0 is 7-0. its a big beating. but i think the point that is being put across is that there are positives to be taken out of the game for us, we showed to ourselves that we can compete in division 2. There is plenty to work on, and competing for 90 minutes is obviously the biggest thing to work on. whether it be a fitness issue, an intensity issue, concentration or just dropping of heads after a couple get let in is something we will work out over time. Its a big step up for the club and i think what we have learnt is that when ya take the foot off the pedal at any point for whatever reason good sides will punish you, and in division 2 all sides have the quality to do that.
Nobody is fine with a losing result, no matter what the score. We dont take the beating personally i dont think, its part of the game and these things unfortunately happen. Obviously it happened because we were not good enough across 90 minutes. But for periods i believe we were good enough but failed to maintain those standards. The beating is a learning curve that hopefully the boys will take on board and we will improve from it. The guys are passionate about the game, the club and staying in division 2 so we will be doing everything we can to improve. Its a very disappointing result but it certainly isnt all doom and gloom... well not from where i am looking anyways.
Well done to you guys, seems you have some quality players around your group and we look forward to meeting you later in the season and hopefully producing some quality football and pushing you for a result
Fair enough. :)

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Azzurri80 wrote:

He asked a question, where's the slander?

There's no such crime as slander in SA and even if there was, it would have been libel.
Thanks Judge Judy. :D

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

A's Titans 1 - 5 SPOC
B's Titans 2 - 2 SPOC
C's Titans 3 - 1 SPOC

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Azzurri80 wrote:Thanks Judge Judy. :D
No problem at all, always like to educate the ill informed.

I take it you have now learnt why there's no slander in the post.

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

I once had a fight with this guy i came away with a broken nose, 2 black eyes, 4 cracked ribs and a broken leg........................but i think i held my own!

Hahaha 7-0 :lol:

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

MuzzaStu111 wrote:I once had a fight with this guy i came away with a broken nose, 2 black eyes, 4 cracked ribs and a broken leg........................but i think i held my own!

Hahaha 7-0 :lol:
when ya talk as much smack you do its not suprising someone gave you that much of a floggin hey. time to change the track mate, the old hang cabernet on OTH track is growing old n boring. the fact yous lost to us and are still squandering in division 3 makes it all the more embarassing. time to jog on mate n concentrate on getting your own club up to a higher level rather than just bag clubs above you because they are above you