Sunday Div 3: Round 1 Predictions.

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

CelticCrane36
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sunday Div 3: Round 1 Predictions.

Post by CelticCrane36 »

Round 1 is finally here! Let's hear your thoughts on round 1?
Should be interesting as nobody really knows what each side is capable of.

Payneham v Young Stars..... Payneham are a proud club and they'll come out firing! Payneham 2-1

South Coast v Angle Vale.... Nice long away trip first up! Mixed games between these two last season, and a good bit of North/South rivalry! Lets hope it continues, and lets hope for our sake at least that Vale take the points.

Plympton v BH United.... Both these sides with a point to prove this year. BH close to promotion, and Plympton looking to bounce back from near relegation last season. Tipping BH just. BH 1-0

Ghan Utd v ISC Raptors.... Raptors can turn on some nice football when they want to. No idea about Ghan. Raptors 3-0

Polonia v Savoy.... No idea about either of these two. Expecting to play some good football this season, and Savoy to struggle away from. Which leans me towards Polonia grabbing a draw here. Draw 2-2

Good luck to all for season 2014!

ryesmith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Sunday Div 3: Round 1 Predictions.

Post by ryesmith »

Payneham v Young Stars - Young Stars 2-0

South Coast v Angle Vale - Angle Vale 2-1

Plympton v BH United - Plympton 3-2

Ghan Utd v ISC Raptors - Raptors 3-2.

Polonia v Savoy - Polonia 2-1

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Payneham vs Adelaide Youngstars - will Payneham be caught on the hop with the late announcement of promotion from Div 4.Good, physical side will come against the team that finished 9th and avoided relegation ( some happy div 4 clubs ) . Youngstars on their day a very good side but can implode also .... 2-2

South Coast vs Angle Vale - what a cracker of a game this will be... plenty of angst after the last time these teams met . South Coast with a few new additions as Angle Vale have lost a couple of very good players. Angle Vale to start the season as they finished the last . Angle Vale 3-2

Plympton vs BH United - Very impressive pre season by Plympton . Very hard ground to play at ..BH United forfeiting last weeks Cup game against South Coast will send concerns through the camp with lack of numbers 3-0

Ghan Utd vs ISC Raptors - Newly promoted Ghan Utd enter Div 3 against a hot and cold ISC Raptors. Raptors missing the Matern boys plus a few others could start the season similar to last year . Ghan 5-3

Polonia vs Savoy - Div 4 runners up play host to Port Pirie. How will Pirie cope with the retirement of Sam Salvemini . Come 5 o'clock Sunday we will find out .. Polonia 3-1

All the best to all the teams ....

Not so special one
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Not so special one »

Must say Bloodypassit, your predictions have good reasoning. I can't pick any results yet but BH UTD forfeiting their "A" team in a cup game was a real surprise to me.

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

As - Polonia 0 Savoy 0
Bs - Polonia 4 Savoy 3

Really good game in the As today. Was very fast-paced with a draw a deserving result in the end for both teams. All the goals in the Bs game was scored in the 1st half so it was an entertaining start to the season!

Big thanks to Savoy for bringing a large group of spectators and supporting the club throughout the day.

Look forward to the replay and returning the favour at your club!
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

Not so special one
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Not so special one »

Payneham Postel 2 Adelaide Young Stars 1 (0-2)

Rab
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rab »

Polonia 0-0 Savoy
Angle Vale 1-1 South Coast
Payneham 2-1 Young Stars
Ghan 3-3 Raptors

What is the go with the BH game? Was there another forfeit?

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

saasl website Div 3 table only has 8 teams on it...
BH plympton result is blank
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Auzzi_Cherry
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Auzzi_Cherry »

We (South Coast) were due top play them last week in the 1st round of the cup. We got a text to say they wouldn't be coming, tried to get in contact with the club but to no avail. Players & ref we're left waiting until 3pm until it was called off.

I hear its something to do with them not having player rego's back or something ? Presumably the same issue with this weeks game.
PASC wrote:saasl website Div 3 table only has 8 teams on it...

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Auzzi_Cherry wrote:We (South Coast) were due top play them last week in the 1st round of the cup. We got a text to say they wouldn't be coming, tried to get in contact with the club but to no avail. Players & ref we're left waiting until 3pm until it was called off.

I hear its something to do with them not having player rego's back or something ? Presumably the same issue with this weeks game.
you would thing this would have been sorted well in time lol
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Auzzi_Cherry
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Auzzi_Cherry »

I believe that BH & Plympton have agreed to play the game on a different date.

Hopefully they can sort out their rego's soon so they can start playing games.
PASC wrote:
Auzzi_Cherry wrote:We (South Coast) were due top play them last week in the 1st round of the cup. We got a text to say they wouldn't be coming, tried to get in contact with the club but to no avail. Players & ref we're left waiting until 3pm until it was called off.

you would thing this would have been sorted well in time lol

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

So no other clubs have had issues with player cards

Auzzi_Cherry
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Auzzi_Cherry »

I've got no idea whats going with them really, probably just can't find numbers this year.