Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by Hatchet Squad »

I managed to catch the 2nd half of the Seaford game and it kicked off between Sierra players and the referee. Seaford took a quick free kick which the keeper failed to save and believe me, 95% of the time that keeper would've saved it easily. Sierra players then surrounded the ref. The ref wanted to restart the game but the Sierra player just booted the ball into the air (if I remember correctly). The ref couldn't get control of Sierra so he called time on the game (maybe a few minutes to go). Sierra than continued to hound the ref as Seaford stood between them. One player and I qoute wanted to "remove the Seaford linesmans front teeth" because he was telling them to leave it, pointing at them to go away. another player who I was talking to said they will now pull the pin on this league because they get treated unfairly ( I think its happened in the past, maybe when they played Saturdays perhaps). All in all I can safely say that they spend more time arguing amongst themselves than actually playing the game. The thing is they are one of the most skillful sides I've seen. These lads can play, its just a few of them seem to have chips on their shoulders.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Whats another bye

Monder's Protégé
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Monder's Protégé »

:lol:
What's a keyboard?

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:Whats another bye
Possibly the difference between us going up or not :lol:
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

how many go up?

King Kurt
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by King Kurt »

Minimum of two, maybe more depending if anyone above folds at the end of the year.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Round 16

Centrals v Croatia - Centrals received their first touch up of the season against an Athelstone and it was welcomed down at Shark Park. Centrals now fall further behind the leaders and it might prove too big a gap to close. Croatia will need to be switched on because Centrals will want to come out strong from the off and put the previous game to a blip in their otherwise impressive campaign so far. Croatia have been well rested due to the bye last week and may prove too strong for Centrals. Croatia 4-2 for me

Lakes v Aldinga - Aldinga put on a bit of a clinic last week, pulling Farm's pants well and truly down in the process. It was like a training drill and you can't help but feel sorry for a team who are struggling to get players on the park. Saying that their were a couple of their players who were more intent on the man than the ball. Farms linesman did that much swearing i thought he was an extra in Pirates of the Carribean. apparently he is also your Vice President so he needs to get a grip on his language considering there were a lot of kids present. Lakes gave a good account of themselves against a Noarlunga team on the decline. Credit must go to them due to the fact they had about 4-5 players that doubled up and played 2 games for the day. Brilliant to hear. No disprespect to Lakes but if we play like we have the last 2 weeks then you could be in a bit of trouble. Aldinga for the win 5-1

Unley v Seaford - Unley probably played its best football for the year in dismantling Asia last week.Well played boys. The sooner this mob are out of Div 4 the better; or at least get a reserves side up and running. Seaford got the job done with the last kick of the game against a spirited Sierra side. The game got heated between the ref and the Sierra players and then that spilled over into the Seaford lads who deserved their win. Seaford will be too strong this week for Unley . Seaford 8-0

Asia v Athelstone - Athelstone scoring some big wins this season and I dont see it changing this week against an Asia side who will offer very little. The surface at grange is a lot easier under foot so I can see Athelstone bagging a shitload. Athelstone 9-1

Sierra v Farm - This might be a win to Farm if a few of the Sierra boys follow their words and quit this league because they always get cheated (apparently). The thing is this is a side who technically are very good but just like to argue with each other. Lose the ego's boys and start playing as a team and you will improve out of sight. Farm were woeful as has been covered previously. Sierra 12-0 for me

Good luck to all teams this week

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

I like reading about other divisions, for me sometimes too much information, struggle to read it all.

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Hatchet, FYI the grange pitch isnt holding up too well at all. The main pitch is slippery mud, but I dont know what the Lions pitch is like on the far side. The training pitches at the back are just kinda..... squishy. Like theres a bit of water under the surface that just wont run off.

Seems like too many games on there this year, but I guess you could say that every year. The amount of training that goes on there plus the games.....

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Dissapointment wrote:Hatchet, FYI the grange pitch isnt holding up too well at all. The main pitch is slippery mud, but I dont know what the Lions pitch is like on the far side. The training pitches at the back are just kinda..... squishy. Like theres a bit of water under the surface that just wont run off.

Seems like too many games on there this year, but I guess you could say that every year. The amount of training that goes on there plus the games.....
I was there on Sunday. Seemed alright to me. Asia and Sierra don't play on the main pitch. Lions play on the main pitch, Asia and Sierra play on the far ground with the goal posts leaning back on the angle

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Hey Hatchat, do you want to PM Me your mobile number. Im going to do a pitch inspection tomorrow afternoon at Ingle School. All should be well but want to confirm before you guys drive all this way. We have about 8 players back this week, so two fresh teams first time in a long while and great to see, should be a good game. There will be snags on the BBQ as well.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Gristy wrote:Hey Hatchat, do you want to PM Me your mobile number. Im going to do a pitch inspection tomorrow afternoon at Ingle School. All should be well but want to confirm before you guys drive all this way. We have about 8 players back this week, so two fresh teams first time in a long while and great to see, should be a good game. There will be snags on the BBQ as well.
Done. Great news on the returning players. Forget the snags, do you have cold beer? Lol

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
Dissapointment wrote:Hatchet, FYI the grange pitch isnt holding up too well at all. The main pitch is slippery mud, but I dont know what the Lions pitch is like on the far side. The training pitches at the back are just kinda..... squishy. Like theres a bit of water under the surface that just wont run off.

I was there on Sunday. Seemed alright to me. Asia and Sierra don't play on the main pitch. Lions play on the main pitch, Asia and Sierra play on the far ground with the goal posts leaning back on the angle
Well I was there last night and 2/3rds of it was about an inch underwater :p Far pitch Im not sure, I only saw the main pitch and the training pitches.

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

Nice one Hatchet, I hang on your every word for those weekly predictions! I might have to do something similar next season to see if/how our opinions differ.
Seaford should have put that game to bed a lot earlier with the chances we had, but don't mind having to grind out a win, its been a while since we've had to do that for sure. Think we'll be close to full throttle this week vs Unley, having had that month off, fingers crossed your prediction is correct!
"When the seagulls… follow the trauler. Its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Token Pom wrote:Nice one Hatchet, I hang on your every word for those weekly predictions! I might have to do something similar next season to see if/how our opinions differ.
Seaford should have put that game to bed a lot earlier with the chances we had, but don't mind having to grind out a win, its been a while since we've had to do that for sure. Think we'll be close to full throttle this week vs Unley, having had that month off, fingers crossed your prediction is correct!
Glad you enjoy the write ups mate. No else does it so it will be good if some of the other lads get involved. I try and be as honest as I can which I think is important to give a balanced view. Another hatrick for you I reckon. Who knows you might even get golden boot !!

déjà blessé
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by déjà blessé »

He scores a couple goals and suddenly thinks he's in the prem! He is off to buy a new car as I post, someone tell him he isn't getting paid!!!

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

déjà blessé wrote:He scores a couple goals and suddenly thinks he's in the prem! He is off to buy a new car as I post, someone tell him he isn't getting paid!!!
Hahaha. What's he getting?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

What type of car.. ill work out a great deal :-)

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

Oi Hatchet, FYI 'Blesse' has taken your mantle as glass man of Seaford!
"When the seagulls… follow the trauler. Its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Token Pom wrote:Oi Hatchet, FYI 'Blesse' has taken your mantle as glass man of Seaford!
Hahaha. I've been sort of ok this year but my hip still gives me cabernet

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

mlsc b 1 - 5 aldinga
sorry about me hurting my back and being club ref :) think 5-1 was probally a pretty fair scoreline.

mlsc a 0 - 11 aldinga
went at half time with aldinga 2-0 up, the mustve liked playing in the mud! :)

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Seaford - unley

B's Seaford won 5-1
A's Seaford won 2-0

Not the best 2 games you'll ever see and we wernt at our best but got the results. Went 1 down early in the Bs with probably unleys only clear chance of the day but played a bit better in the second half. In the A's one goal either side of the half settled it and we hit the crossbar 3 times. Unleys keepers pulled off some great saves especially at the end of the first half in the Bs. Good to get the results and have 2 games played even though I reckon a couple of their players had to double up.

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Athelstone 6 Asia 1

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Gristy wrote:mlsc b 1 - 5 aldinga
sorry about me hurting my back and being club ref :) think 5-1 was probally a pretty fair scoreline.

mlsc a 0 - 11 aldinga
Didn't get to see much of A game.
B Game was played in good spirit with both teams wasting opportunities in front of goal.
Was good to meet and chat with hatchet.
good luck for the rest of the season and thanks for coming down

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

MLSC-B's wrote:

mlsc a 0 - 11 aldinga
B Game was played in good spirit with both teams wasting opportunities in front of goal.
Mate that game was played in the best spirit I've probably ever played in. Compliments and banter a plenty. Even my row z shot was met with some cheers, which I loved. You have a great bunch of guys at lakes and if we go up a div, it will be a shame we won't meet next year. Pitch was a very boggy surface and it felt like we'd run a game and a half by the end. One of the most enjoyable games of be year for me and I wish you guys well for the rest of the year. Once again, a top bunch of guys down at lakes. Excellent hospitality and I even manged a sneaky super dry from the home esky lol. Good luck for ge rest of the year boys, easily one if the best bunch of guys we've played.

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
MLSC-B's wrote:

mlsc a 0 - 11 aldinga
Mate that game was played in the best spirit I've probably ever played in. Compliments and banter a plenty. Even my row z shot was met with some cheers, which I loved. You have a great bunch of guys at lakes and if we go up a div, it will be a shame we won't meet next year. Pitch was a very boggy surface and it felt like we'd run a game and a half by the end. One of the most enjoyable games of be year for me and I wish you guys well for the rest of the year. Once again, a top bunch of guys down at lakes. Excellent hospitality and I even manged a sneaky super dry from the home esky lol. Good luck for ge rest of the year boys, easily one if the best bunch of guys we've played.
Thanks Hatchet. We appreciate your comments. One thing we wanted to do as a club this year was earn some respect. We knew it was going to be tough to start but our guys put in every week even if they are getting a spanking.
Got to love the banter, we had some good stuff last week with Noarlunga.
Best of luck if you go up although we will miss your weekly tips .lol

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

Irish hit the nail on the head with todays games. Seaford should of put that game to bed early on, and it just didn't happen for us. A few dodgy touches all over the park, missed chances and a spirited Unley side, left us having to grind that result out. Fair play to Unley, they were onto every loose pass and challenged for every ball. It certainly frustrated me and fair enough, they seem to be well practised without the ball, were organised today and seemed to enjoy the tussle. 3 points in the bag for my boys all the same!

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

surely it is comforting knowing that you have the capacity to grind out a game if you have to. go seaford. :D

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Round 17

Farm v Lakes - Andrews Farm losing by 5 to Sierra but also scoring 3 in the process will give them hope for their game against Lakes this week. Thought Sierra might pile on the goals but it didn't end up that way. Lakes went down to a very strong Aldinga side last week in the mud. Lakes pitch rivalling Athelstone for the boggy marsh type after the rain. Playinf on a decent enough enough surface I can only see a Lakes win here. Farm were awful 2 weeks ago and while improvemnets have been made they will lose this one. Lakes 3-2 for me

Noarlunga v Centrals - With the possibility of 3 teams going up to div 3 next year, this is a game neither side will want to lose.
Its very tight for promotion between a few sides but as a southerner its a game I want Noarlunga to win. They should be fresh after the bye and with Centrals losing their last 2, I can only see a Noarlunga win at home. Noarlunga 3-1 for me

Asia v Croatia - Croatia are the dark horses for promotion for me. They have a few games in hand on 3rd place Noarlunga so every game they play from now on is very important to where they finish in this Div. Asia are offering very little at the moment losing their last 4 games by 16 goals in total. Croatia will win and win convincingly 7-1

Athelstone v Seaford - Athelstone capable of putting the ball in the net this year but very inconsistent and very shaky at the back. If they sort out their backline they would be a far better side than they are. Saying that a shock win on Sunday will see them in with a shout of 3rd place. Danger game this for Seaford. After grinding out a 2-0 win against Unley they will want to start this game on the front foot. Things could get interesting at the top if they drop points in this game so I expect a switched on Seaford this week. Hopefully Athelstone's pitch holds up well after the imminent wild weather. Seaford for me 3-1

Unley v Sierra - a 2-0 loss to league leaders Seaford last week will give Unley some much needed hope for a victory against Sierra. Its a game a few teams want to see Sierra lose for promotional reasons. Sierra beat Farm convincingly but still managed to leak 3 goals against a poor farm side. Unley on their very small pitch will restrict sierras free flowing game and if they are to win will need all their tricks in the book. Sierra in a close one 2-1

Aldinga have the bye so we have been planning our 100 club which should be a cracker down at Shark Park. Good luck to all teams this week

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Im going to predict several 2-nil wins.