Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by bloodypassit »

Gristy wrote:hows the pitch looking down at noarlunga after the rains?
Pitch is looking nice and green

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

awesome, see ya sunday

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Round 15

Farm v Aldinga - Farm travelled the long trip south last week and kept the league leaders to under double figures which surprised me somewhat seeing as Farm are struggling for numbers of late and Seaford being as strong as they are. Aldinga had a very strong win against a Noarlunga team that seemed a bit of the pace. Again we lose a couple of players to injury but our depth will see those positions covered adequately. I've been told to start predicting my town teams scoreline seeing as I have retired from the first team so here is my prediction Aldinga to win 5-1

Noarlunga v Mawson Lakes - Noarlunga looked a shadow of the team that played us earlier on in the season. I noticed they had at least one player who doubled up and played reserves as well as a bit of the first team game. Maybe injuries arent just affecting the Lakes team. I know our surface is quite poor so maybe that was a contributing factor, seeing as their pitch is like Wembley compared to ours. Lakes will come up against a fired up Noarlunga who will want to gain a bit of respectability after last week. Saying that Lakes have given a few teams a headache over the course of this season and will be learning a hell of a lot as the season goes on. I hope you guys give a good account of yourselves this sunday. Noarlunga at home 5-1 for me

Athelstone v Centrals - I'm hoping this game goes ahead and wont be postponed due to the state of the pitch at Athelstone. Athelstone could do us a real favour by beating Centrals this week but that is easier said than done. Centrals are a quality side who play with the skill and confidence to match anyone in this league. This is a massive game for them and a game which they need to win to keep their promotion hopes alive. Athelstone on the other hand know where the goals are having nearly scored more than any other team this year. I hope that trend continues this week. Predicting a 2-2 draw

Unley v Asia - A home win will see Unley go level on points with a team who by all rights should not be in this league. If you only have one team then the very least you can do is turn up to away games, each and every week. It's ok when your away game is based at your own home ground though is it not? Unley only lost by the impressive 2 goal margin last week and that should give them confidence to think they will turn Asia over this week. I for one hope you do. Unley for me 3-1

Sierra v Seaford - This is a huge game for both teams. On their day Sierra can be almost unplayable. They have some real talent in their team its just that they are not consistent enough. They need to get something out of this game to keep in touch with the pack. Seaford have only played once in the last 4 weeks so they should be fresh and ready to take this game by the scruff. I thought they might have scored more than they did last week but when you haven't played for 3 weeks, you lose that sharpness in front of goal. They are certainties for promotion and are the best team I've seen this year. Seaford to win 5-2

Good luck to all teams this week
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

déjà blessé
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by déjà blessé »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Round 15

Farm v Aldinga - Farm travelled the long trip south last week and kept the league leaders to under double figures which surprised me somewhat seeing as Farm are struggling for numbers of late and Seaford being as strong as they are. Aldinga had a very strong win against a Noarlunga team that seemed a bit of the pace. Again we lose a couple of players to injury but our depth will see those positions covered adequately. I've been told to start predicting my town teams scoreline seeing as I have retired from the first team so here is my prediction Aldinga to win 5-1

Noarlunga v Mawson Lakes - Noarlunga looked a shadow of the team that played us earlier on in the season. I noticed they had at least one player who doubled up and played reserves as well as a bit of the first team game. Maybe injuries arent just affecting the Lakes team. I know our surface is quite poor so maybe that was a contributing factor, seeing as their pitch is like Wembley compared to ours. Lakes will come up against a fired up Noarlunga who will want to gain a bit of respectability after last week. Saying that Lakes have given a few teams a headache over the course of this season and will be learning a hell of a lot as the season goes on. I hope you guys give a good account of yourselves this sunday. Noarlunga at home 5-1 for me

Athelstone v Centrals - I'm hoping this game goes ahead and wont be postponed due to the state of the pitch at Athelstone. Athelstone could do us a real favour by beating Centrals this week but that is easier said than done. Centrals are a quality side who play with the skill and confidence to match anyone in this league. This is a massive game for them and a game which they need to win to keep their promotion hopes alive. Athelstone on the other hand know where the goals are having nearly scored more than any other team this year. I hope that trend continues this week. Predicting a 2-2 draw

Unley v Asia - A home win will see Unley go level on points with a team who by all rights should not be in this league. If you only have one team then the very least you can do is turn up to away games, each and every week. It's ok when your away game is based at your own home ground though is it not? Unley only lost by the impressive 2 goal margin last week and that should give them confidence to think they will turn Asia over this week. I for one hope you do. Unley for me 3-1

Sierra v Seaford - This is a huge game for both teams. On their day Sierra can be almost unplayable. They have some real talent in their team its just that they are not consistent enough. They need to get something out of this game to keep in touch with the pack. Seaford have only played once in the last 4 weeks so they should be fresh and ready to take this game by the scruff. I thought they might have scored more than they did last week but when you haven't played for 3 weeks, you lose that sharpness in front of goal. They are certainties for promotion and are the best team I've seen this year. Seaford to win 5-2

Yes prediction here! :o Agree Aldinga and Noalrunga games. Think Centrals will take Athelstone. Hope you're right about unley but have feeling it will be 3-1 the other way. Think Seaford - Sierra will be much tighter. Don't like your chances of playing 2 games this week Hatchet. Last week their coach/captain continually complained that they will only play one team in following weeks as they had 3 players from first team go off injured after playing more than 1 game. I'm sure you guys will get the call tonight if they don't get the numbers but that's the impression they were giving.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Andrews Farm forfeit their reserves...again. Brilliant :shock:
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Andrews Farm forfeit their reserves...again. Brilliant :shock:
Joke!!!! Where are the Andrews Farm forum members now .....

Barbee Boys
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Barbee Boys »

This gets more laughable every week.
1st Option

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

i just think its sad and my heart goes out to all players who have paid fees,turn up to train and most of all WANT TO HAVE A GAME but are scuppered by their so called team mates. hard on coaching staff as well who work so hard to get things going. its all these guys i feel for,the genuine guys who love the game for its own sake. :(

Sotally Tober
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sotally Tober »

I blame Ramadan.
I need a drink

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Round 15

Hatchet, Aldinga will beat up Andrews Farm! Going by the result vs Noaurlunga you'll get double figures. We were rusty after not playing for a month, and didn't get going till the half hour mark. Say hello to my midget friend at the back :)
"When the seagulls… follow the trauler. Its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

sierra b 2 seaford 2
sierra a 1 seaford 2
any more scores ?

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Aldinga 14 - 0 Andrews Farm

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Aldinga 14 - 0 Andrews Farm
oomps played well or what. :)

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

noarlunga b 14-1 mlsc b
noarlunga a 3-1 mlsc a

had to double up about 6 players again hopefully we get a few back this week.

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

SA Centrals forgot to tell us (Athelstone) they weren't coming for the reserves game...
Last edited by ManicD on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Gristy wrote:noarlunga b 14-1 mlsc b
noarlunga a 3-1 mlsc a

had to double up about 6 players again hopefully we get a few back this week.
At least us didn't forfeit your ressies

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Are we the only club from the bottom half of the table putting two teams out every week no matter what?
We have put a B team out every game played unfit players get thumped. While others don't put a team out and get a 2 nil score against them. Doesn't seem fair.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

MLSC-B's wrote:Are we the only club from the bottom half of the table putting two teams out every week no matter what?
We have put a B team out every game played unfit players get thumped. While others don't put a team out and get a 2 nil score against them. Doesn't seem fair.
Seems like it... Next step is when playing away to go in for a drink after the game ...

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

We head a team meeting at one of our sponsors at 530

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

Sierra 1 V Seaford 2

Good win for the Seaford boys! Was definitely a fixture we had marked as a banana skin, and if those muppets had got their way it certainly could of been. Luckily we kept plugging away, and even after a couple of goals wrongly ruled out for blatant cheating offside calls, we got the win at the death… then the farce which had looked likely even before kick-off began. A clever, quickly taken freekick by our gun centre-mid led to protests by the Sierra boys, ending in them kicking the ball into the sky and the ref blowing up early for full time. Then Sierra proceeded to hound him off the pitch, even after the Seaford lads got around him, trying to get him and abusing the ref for about 10 minutes.

Same old story, seen it all before, but we got an important win. Very satisfying!
"When the seagulls… follow the trauler. Its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Athelstone 7 SA Centrals 2 in the A's

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

bloodypassit wrote:
MLSC-B's wrote:Are we the only club from the bottom half of the table putting two teams out every week no matter what?
Seems like it... Next step is when playing away to go in for a drink after the game ...
As Gristy said we had a club thing on at one of our sponsors. We did appreciate the invite but it was already organised. Have to keep the sponsors happy.

Sue Dookoo
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sue Dookoo »

Nothing wrong with that.
Dig the digits !!!

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

ManicD wrote:SA Centrals forgot to tell us (Athelstone) they weren't coming for the reserves game...
Piss poor form

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Meh, is what it is. Dissapointing but at the end of the day, at least there was two games played. Id much prefer to have you guys in the league playing two games and having a bit of fun than playing teams that pull out at the last minute every week.

As Ive said before, new teams that come into the comp is great, but the fact is that you have to play those games. Im sure next season it will be much, much easier for you guys. Pick up half a dozen new faces and all of a sudden you will see yourselves picking up points and enjoying it a bit more. Never easy starting a new club, always pot holes.

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
ManicD wrote:SA Centrals forgot to tell us (Athelstone) they weren't coming for the reserves game...
Piss poor form
Frustrating for the team as we have had the washout against Mawson Lakes followed by the bye, this no-show and this coming weekend we have the 'Asia bye'. If you have to forfeit because you just don't have the numbers fair enough (we've been guilty of this against Noarlunga this season) but to not call is inexcusable.

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

ManicD wrote:
Hatchet Squad wrote:
Piss poor form
Frustrating for the team as we have had the washout against Mawson Lakes followed by the bye, this no-show and this coming weekend we have the 'Asia bye'. If you have to forfeit because you just don't have the numbers fair enough (we've been guilty of this against Noarlunga this season) but to not call is inexcusable.
Was a shame our game was a wash out but least we were able to organized a catch up game on the day.
And we did offer to call it a draw and go to the pub .. lol

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

THE ORAKLE wrote:i just think its sad and my heart goes out to all players who have paid fees,turn up to train and most of all WANT TO HAVE A GAME but are scuppered by their so called team mates. hard on coaching staff as well who work so hard to get things going. its all these guys i feel for,the genuine guys who love the game for its own sake. :(
i also forgot to mention the idiots who like like to cause trouble at games. these people are just pains in the arrrrse and does not do the leagues cred any good. :roll:

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:i just think its sad and my heart goes out to all players who have paid fees,turn up to train and most of all WANT TO HAVE A GAME but are scuppered by their so called team mates. hard on coaching staff as well who work so hard to get things going. its all these guys i feel for,the genuine guys who love the game for its own sake. :(
i also forgot to mention the idiots who like like to cause trouble at games. these people are just pains in the arrrrse and does not do the leagues cred any good. :roll:
You keep complaining about these teams causing trouble ... But it always involves Seaford....

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

remember i only see seaford games. i rely on other forumites to report on other games as they do. have you got a problem with that. :?: