Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by sweaty bollocks »

A's: Unley 0-1 Croatia
B's: Unley 2-4 Croatia

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

asia 2-3 lakes

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

seaford A 2 dingy 0
seaford b 1 dingy 1
two bloody hard games as expected

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Athelstone won both games by forfiet

piss weak Andrews Farm...lets hear the excuses now

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

noarlunga score please :?:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

A:- sierra stars 2 noarlunga 3
B:- sierra stars 5 noarlunga 2

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

well done again mr passit. perhaps all 3 of us can go up together and bring some class to div 3.

topakai
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by topakai »

Andrews farm had only 7 players available today it was a joke that our club could only get 7. one of a players busted his guts ringing around to get more players as we have 43 registered and that 7 only responded to play.

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

If it helps, Noarlunga played 2 games with around 15 players. Sierra did pretty much the same (although Im positive their guys weren't out on the piss till the early hours the day before).

2 games left in the season. Looking forward to some really easy forfeit fixtures. That forfeit team are terrible. They play every week yet I don't think they have won a game.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Congratulations to Seaford who now look like certainties for the league. It was a massive crowd down there yesterday. If I'm honest with myself we didn't trouble them at all, probably one of Luke's quieter games in goal. Thought our keeper was outstanding and if it wasn't for him the score could've been more. Hopefully we will still hold on for 2nd spot and can keep the rivalry alive. It would be great if all 3 southern teams from this league get promotion.
We now turn our attentions to Sierra in what has now become a must win game. Once again congrats to Seaford
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

topakai wrote:Andrews farm had only 7 players available today it was a joke that our club could only get 7. one of a players busted his guts ringing around to get more players as we have 43 registered and that 7 only responded to play.
The unfortunate thing about everyone venting at Farm guys on this forum is that they would be amongst the 7 who are actually wanting to play.
Hatchet Squad wrote:Congratulations to Seaford who now look like certainties for the league.
Seaford are deserving champions of Div 4. They show a level of organisation in their approach that is greater than everyone else in the division.

Hopefully 'forfeit' and 'bye' get relegated for next season.

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Congratulations to Seaford who now look like certainties for the league. It was a massive crowd down there yesterday. If I'm honest with myself we didn't trouble them at all, probably one of Luke's quieter games in goal. Thought our keeper was outstanding and if it wasn't for him the score could've been more. Hopefully we will still hold on for 2nd spot and can keep the rivalry alive. It would be great if all 3 southern teams from this league get promotion.

We now turn our attentions to Sierra in what has now become a must win game. Once again congrats to Seaford
Congratulations to Seaford. Well deserved. Would be nice if we can cause the upset of the season this week and sneak in our 4th win in a row. Highly unlikely but football is a strange game sometimes

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Seaford V Mawson lakes B game.
I have been nominated for the Ice bucket challenge and will be doing it on Sunday after the B game. I have also nominated my teams captain the club president and our youngest player.
We will be taking up a collection on the day.
We would welcome the Seaford B coach their captain and one other to be in charge of tipping the buckets.(our major sponsor is iceing the president) Let us know if you will take part. Thanks MLSC B's Coach

déjà blessé
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by déjà blessé »

MLSC-B's wrote:Seaford V Mawson lakes B game.
I have been nominated for the Ice bucket challenge and will be doing it on Sunday after the B game. I have also nominated my teams captain the club president and our youngest player.
We will be taking up a collection on the day.
We would welcome the Seaford B coach their captain and one other to be in charge of tipping the buckets.(our major sponsor is iceing the president) Let us know if you will take part. Thanks MLSC B's Coach
Hahaha gold. They won't have a problem helping out.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

No review this week unless someone else wants to step up.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

slack barsteward. :wink:

You Don't Say!
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by You Don't Say! »

THE ORAKLE wrote:slack barsteward. :wink:
I don't see you doing it.

Whispers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whispers »

Making predictions in this division is difficult as many teams change in composition and results have been varied throughout the season, as well as others forfeiting.

Andrews Farm Vs SA Centrals
This could be a double forfeit given recent events from both teams. If both teams actually rock up, and don't walk off the pitch throughout the game, I would suggest that SA Centrals have too much talent/skill and team work and will likely overcome Andrews Farm. Prediction 6-1 SA Centrals win.

Mawson Lakes Vs Seaford
Mawson Lakes have shown some recent form, with wins over Asia, SA centrals and Andrews Farm. However, the last time they went up against a squad in good form, they were thumped by Aldinga (11-0). Seaford are the in-form team and top of the table; will they falter in their last couple of games? I doubt it! Seaford for the win 5-0.

Aldinga Vs Sierra
If Sierra have enough players to field two full teams, they could give Aldinga a run for their money. Sierra if on song, and not fighting amongst themselves could pose a threat to any team in this league, however, due to multiple reasons they continually fail to perform up to the standard that they could. Aldinga are a solid unit, and play very well as a team. Aldinga 6-3.

Noarlunga Vs Unley
Noarlunga have been in great shape, beating Sierra last week and beating top of the table Seaford the week before that. They are fighting for 2nd spot on the ladder with Aldinga and no doubt will be aiming for a big win this week. Unley have improved dramatically in the last 5-6 games, with wins over Asia and Andrews Farm as well as a draw with Sierra. Recent form has been good for Unley, losing in a close 0-1 against a well organised Croatia last week. This game will be closer than people think! Prediction 2-2.

Croatia Vs Athelstone
I predict this game to be the game of the week, with the very well organised and technical side of Croatia against the youthful/fast individually talented Athelstone. I'm surprised Athelstone haven't performed better overall this season with the talented players in their squad. This will be a tight game! Prediction 4-2 Athelstone for the win.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Great review Whispers

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Andrews Farm reserves have forfeited AGAIN!!!!

You Don't Say!
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by You Don't Say! »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Great review Whispers

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

You Don't Say! wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:slack barsteward. :wink:
I don't see you doing it.
ok. right you are. look its just banter mate. hatchets done a great job all this season and i know the guy personaly so why would i do it as i have looked forward to his comments all season and like hatchet i think whispers has done a great review for this weekend.GO SEAFORD. :D

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

bloodypassit wrote:Andrews Farm reserves have forfeited AGAIN!!!!
i feel real sorry for the genuine farm guys. please hang in there next season. :roll:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:Andrews Farm reserves have forfeited AGAIN!!!!
i feel real sorry for the genuine farm guys. please hang in there next season. :roll:
Lucky for the genuine farm guys there are plenty of other northern clubs they can join next year

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Athelstone reserves have forfeited as well (against Croatia). My apologies to the Croatia players on behalf of my less committed teammates.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

we would be happy to have you at MLSC if the farm guys need a team next year (the ones that are ready every week anyway)

should be athelstone As step up and play two games!

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to the Seaford guys today for helping out with the ice bucket challenge and for their donation. Much appreciated. And best of luck for the rest of the season. Great bunch of guys.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

mlsc 0 - 4 seaford a
close came 0-1 at half time, seaford finally realised we had a sweeper in goal and stopped the through balls in place of shooting getting 3 second half goals.

mlsc 0 - 8 seaford b

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

A's: Croatia 6-2 Athelstone
B's: Croatia 2-0 Athelstone (forfeit)

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

MLSC-B's wrote:Just wanted to say a huge thanks to the Seaford guys today for helping out with the ice bucket challenge and for their donation. Much appreciated. And best of luck for the rest of the season. Great bunch of guys.
Top bunch of lads!!