Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by Dissapointment »

You would assume that Andrews Farm would be excited to get out there and play against a team that will actually play them next week. I have heard that Andrews Farm players are refusing to travel to Noarlunga, Seaford and Aldinga as they shouldnt have to travel that far? Great start Andrews Farm. I hope they are aware that Noarlunga, Seaford and aldinga have to do the reverse trip as well. :clown:

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:Must be bad for the Aldinga Footy Club when the soccer club score more ........
Lol. The same observations were made after we got our 2nd goal of the day :shock:
well i wouldent be so quick to take the piss dingymen. what im trying to say is they are your new landlords after all. :wink:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
Hatchet Squad wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:Must be bad for the Aldinga Footy Club when the soccer club score more ........
Lol. The same observations were made after we got our 2nd goal of the day :shock:
well i wouldent be so quick to take the piss dingymen. what im trying to say is they are your new landlords after all. :wink:
There's only one 'dingyman' here and I'm hardly taking the piss. The footy club have been brilliant with us. We all are financial members (52 registered players) and support the club and the facilities unlike other teams that play at the complex. Whilst the football club aren't doing so well they're not on their own in the SFL. There are a few teams that struggle week in week out. We respect the club because without them we wouldn't be here today.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

which is exactly the reason why im saying dont extract the urine this early. get to know em first hatchet,thats all im saying ok. :)

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Hardly taking the piss, more of a shock than taking the piss
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

how you perceive it and how they perceive it could be two completely different things. all the best anyway,except when you play us naturaly. :wink:

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Dissapointment wrote:You would assume that Andrews Farm would be excited to get out there and play against a team that will actually play them next week. I have heard that Andrews Farm players are refusing to travel to Noarlunga, Seaford and Aldinga as they shouldnt have to travel that far? Great start Andrews Farm. I hope they are aware that Noarlunga, Seaford and aldinga have to do the reverse trip as well. :clown:

"IF" this is the case that is absolutely disgraceful. Why play in any Div at all if you dont want to travel.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Cooper wrote:
Dissapointment wrote:You would assume that Andrews Farm would be excited to get out there and play against a team that will actually play them next week. I have heard that Andrews Farm players are refusing to travel to Noarlunga, Seaford and Aldinga as they shouldnt have to travel that far? Great start Andrews Farm. I hope they are aware that Noarlunga, Seaford and aldinga have to do the reverse trip as well. :clown:

"IF" this is the case that is absolutely disgraceful. Why play in any Div at all if you dont want to travel.
my sympathys would be to the club and their coaching staff. their jobs are hard enough getting a team up and running only to find you have wenkers in your midst. :roll:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

After getting a feel for the results on the weekend, now would be good time for some predictions

Noarlunga v Andrews Farm - Noarlunga to continue their winning ways against a team that may or may not be depleted due to players not wanting to travel :lol:
Aldinga v Croatia - This week we welcome Croatia to Shark Park. Its an exciting time in the deep south as we try and establish ourselves in our inaugural year. No prediction here.
Mawson Lakes v Athelstone - Having played against Athelstone last week it could be said they are quite handy going forward but leaked way to many goals. Saying that we have picked up some real natural finishing talent and some of our goals last week were top drawer. I'm predicting an Athelstone win in a tight one.
SA Centrals v Sierra Stars - Credit must go to SA Centrals after beating what many thought were the bench mark in Seaford last weekend. The Stars had the bye last week so don't really know enough about them to make a solid prediction. SA Centrals to get the chocolates based on last weeks game.
Asia v Seaford - Seaford will bounce back and bounce back well this week if they take their chances. Asia will provide good fight as they have in the past but I think Seaford will be too strong all over the park. Having said that, anything can happen in 90 minutes (or 60 minutes as Seaford can attest to last weekend :D)

Good luck to all this week except Croatia of course :D

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

please correct me if im wrong but i was given to understand that the 4th div and upwards was for clubs that had seniors and reserves. wondering if divs 1,2,and 3 are having the same schemozzel as div 4. :?:

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

well i wouldent be so quick to take the piss dingymen. what im trying to say is they are your new landlords after all. :wink:[/quote]

There's only one 'dingyman' here and I'm hardly taking the piss. The footy club have been brilliant with us. We all are financial members (52 registered players) and support the club and the facilities unlike other teams that play at the complex. Whilst the football club aren't doing so well they're not on their own in the SFL. There are a few teams that struggle week in week out. We respect the club because without them we wouldn't be here today.[/quote]

just asking hatchet. who are the other teams/sports that play at the complex. :?:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

THE ORAKLE wrote:well i wouldent be so quick to take the piss dingymen. what im trying to say is they are your new landlords after all. :wink:
There's only one 'dingyman' here and I'm hardly taking the piss. The footy club have been brilliant with us. We all are financial members (52 registered players) and support the club and the facilities unlike other teams that play at the complex. Whilst the football club aren't doing so well they're not on their own in the SFL. There are a few teams that struggle week in week out. We respect the club because without them we wouldn't be here today.[/quote]

just asking hatchet. who are the other teams/sports that play at the complex. :?:[/quote]

let's just say they play in pretty white pants

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

perhaps i should ask mr passit :wink:

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

THE ORAKLE wrote:please correct me if im wrong but i was given to understand that the 4th div and upwards was for clubs that had seniors and reserves. wondering if divs 1,2,and 3 are having the same schemozzel as div 4. :?:
still looking for some feedback on this one. :?:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:please correct me if im wrong but i was given to understand that the 4th div and upwards was for clubs that had seniors and reserves. wondering if divs 1,2,and 3 are having the same schemozzel as div 4. :?:
still looking for some feedback on this one. :?:
Divisions 1-4 are for clubs with at least 2 senior teams starting at first team then reserves. From my own experiences divisions 1-3 will have 2 teams available every week. Sometimes in div 4 there will be times when a club can only field one team that particular week. Hasn't happened a lot ( I think it happened last year at seaford when we played stingrays at home). This year it has already happened during round 1 with Asia only having enough for 1 team. I know you only need 7 players to play on the day but playing with 7 v 11 ain't much fun for either side. Hopefully this trend does not continue for the season ahead

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Or you can do what teams have been doing since the dawn of time itself. Harden the shiraz up and work your 15 guys over two games.

Looks like Andrews Farm are struggling for numbers and rumors are they will be forfeiting against Noarlunga this weekend. Any confirmation at this point? Anyone from Noarlunga on here today?

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Dissapointment wrote:Or you can do what teams have been doing since the dawn of time itself. Harden the shiraz up and work your 15 guys over two games.

Looks like Andrews Farm are struggling for numbers and rumors are they will be forfeiting against Noarlunga this weekend. Any confirmation at this point? Anyone from Noarlunga on here today?
You're from Noarlunga :lol:

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

:lol:

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

is he passit in disguise. :lol:

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

YES :oops:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Dissapointment wrote:Or you can do what teams have been doing since the dawn of time itself. Harden the shiraz up and work your 15 guys over two games.

All I have heard is one player will not be travelling this week from Andrews Farm. The past two games Andrews Farm reserves have been on the receiving end of other teams forfeiting .....

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

seafords game has been switched to adelaide lion,corner of millitary road and trimmer parade. bloody circus i reckon. :roll:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:seafords game has been switched to adelaide lion,corner of millitary road and trimmer parade. bloody circus i reckon. :roll:
Who is adelaide lion???

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

used to be usc lion years ago when i played. the feds merged with pirates and went to john hart and adelaide lion stayed there on millitary road and trimmer parade. that was years ago and obviously ive lost touch. dont even know if they are still going and if YOU dont know then probably not. it was also the home of port adelaide hockey club. cheers.

Celebrity Juice
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Celebrity Juice »

usc lion are still going, but I couldn't tell you if they still play at that ground.
I'd smash Kelly Brook's back doors in.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Yes USC lion still play at the SAASL HQ and have done so for the past 10 years...

We all know you dislike the leaders at SAASL Orakle but you can't blame them if a club enters 2 teams but then can't commit to that. You can't blame the SAASL if a club has been kicked off their previous ground due to another organisation taking over the lease. Hence the SAASL offering Asia Utd and other clubs the luxury of using the SAASL grounds.

So what have we learnt this week Orakle

That there is a Saturday competition in the SAASL even though it's been going for over 20 years
SAASL HQ is on the corner of Military Road and Trimmer Parade.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

i dont dislike the leaders per se mr passit. i just dont like the way they dont treat all clubs equaly ok. unlike you i dont profess to know everything and i freely admited that saturday amatuers had passed me by. sorry about that but at least it did give you an opening for another of your little digs. im sure its all in fun and not to be taken too seriously,but dont you worry about the bias that has been shown to certain clubs over the last couple of years. i would like to know what you think on this debating forum cheers.

Ned
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ned »

You would assume that people would get there facts right instead of saying i heard. regarding hornets.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Ned wrote:You would assume that people would get there facts right instead of saying i heard. regarding hornets.
facts on footballnews..??!! lolol
:lol: :lol:
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Celebrity Juice
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Celebrity Juice »

Ned wrote:You would assume that people would get there facts right instead of saying i heard. regarding hornets.
What facts are you disputing? Being in brazil I presume you just heard them too.
I'd smash Kelly Brook's back doors in.