Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by Hatchet Squad »

THE ORAKLE wrote:your views/thoughts on this subject hatchet/passit/anyone :?: :roll:
Wish we could play against established clubs week in week out but that would be slighlty ironic considering we are anew club ourselves. Saying that we are a new club who just want to go out and play football. We don't walk off in protest, pretend to be racially vilified or carry on like pork chops if things don't go our way.
It would be good if the league got on top of your Ghans, Maiwands, Adelaide Young Stars (whatever you decide to call yourselves) blah blah blah, but its not going to happen unless all clubs come together and oppose them. For what its worth I would restructure the league to accomodate Noarlunga in Div 3 next year because they are a decent club who don't deserve to be in the shambles that is div 4. You can bet your balls Asia, Farmers maybe Athelstone and Croatia will struggle to put out 2 sides week in week out and that is unfair on the other teams who pay their fees for a 2 team league. Got sick of seeing the forfeit scoreline last year. Surely forfeit wins golden boot this year
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

asia will go down with farmers to div 5.div 3 was only a 9 team league so hopefully noarlunga should go up to make it a ten team league. from a southerners point of view it would have been nice to see south coast stay up but sad to say they let themselves down at the end of the season. one can only hope that the league will grow some balls and expell the fiddlers,the match fixers and the forfeit clowns etc so as to preserve the credibility of the saafl. heres hoping. :roll:

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

as a postscript to my last post on this subject. the problem lies with the govt sponsoring these,shall we say teams of african/middle eastern origins. it seemed at first a good concept,a win win situation all round. everything,unfortunately,is down to the bloody dollar these days and the league happily took the money not realising they were opening pandoras box so to speak. as we now know to our cost that the bulk of these people recognise their own rules only. its their way or no way or else. its a shame but these people do need to understand that we are in AUSTRALIA and we are ALL bound by AUSTRALIAN LAW including them. look,as long as the govt keeps thowing OUR tax dollars on this failed concept chickenowski and co will keep taking it and keep turning a blind eye to their krap. solution. govt stops the money and watch chickenowski and co grow some balls rapidly. all normal bona fide clubs are hoping for is a level playing field with ALL clubs playing by the SAME RULES as set down by the league. not too much to hope for one would think :roll:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Player of the Year Nominees
Sunday Div 4

DAVID FOY – NOARUNGA UNITED
PETER RITCHIE - NOARLUNGA UNITED
Ross Hawkes – Seaford
Mohammed Sheriff – Sierra Stars
David Taylor – Seaford
Bryn Fairman – Mawson Lakes

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

THE ORAKLE wrote:as a postscript to my last post on this subject. the problem lies with the govt sponsoring these,shall we say teams of african/middle eastern origins. it seemed at first a good concept,a win win situation all round. everything,unfortunately,is down to the bloody dollar these days and the league happily took the money not realising they were opening pandoras box so to speak. as we now know to our cost that the bulk of these people recognise their own rules only. its their way or no way or else. its a shame but these people do need to understand that we are in AUSTRALIA and we are ALL bound by AUSTRALIAN LAW including them. look,as long as the govt keeps thowing OUR tax dollars on this failed concept chickenowski and co will keep taking it and keep turning a blind eye to their krap. solution. govt stops the money and watch chickenowski and co grow some balls rapidly. all normal bona fide clubs are hoping for is a level playing field with ALL clubs playing by the SAME RULES as set down by the league. not too much to hope for one would think :roll:
Has someone actually hacked your account?
Agia Lavra 1821!

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:as a postscript to my last post on this subject. the problem lies with the govt sponsoring these,shall we say teams of african/middle eastern origins. it seemed at first a good concept,a win win situation all round. everything,unfortunately,is down to the bloody dollar these days and the league happily took the money not realising they were opening pandoras box so to speak. as we now know to our cost that the bulk of these people recognise their own rules only. its their way or no way or else. its a shame but these people do need to understand that we are in AUSTRALIA and we are ALL bound by AUSTRALIAN LAW including them. look,as long as the govt keeps thowing OUR tax dollars on this failed concept chickenowski and co will keep taking it and keep turning a blind eye to their krap. solution. govt stops the money and watch chickenowski and co grow some balls rapidly. all normal bona fide clubs are hoping for is a level playing field with ALL clubs playing by the SAME RULES as set down by the league. not too much to hope for one would think :roll:
Has someone actually hacked your account?
:?: :?: :?: why would you ask that paleon. :?:

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

I was thinking similar, except being a person that has sent time at Seaford, I was fully aware that he is being serious. I chose to ignore the post.

Im assuming he voted Liberal, at the very least.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Dissapointment wrote:I was thinking similar, except being a person that has sent time at Seaford, I was fully aware that he is being serious. I chose to ignore the post.

Im assuming he voted Liberal, at the very least.
so who are you on about paleon or me. :?:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

How can the league hand out the leading goalscorer medal when clearly they can't add up? We have 24 goals missing from the scoring chart. It's a complete joke. I'm not saying one of our boys would've won it but if it's happened to is then it's probably happened to other teams.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

dr bronski
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by dr bronski »

Hatchet Squad wrote:How can the league hand out the leading goalscorer medal when clearly they can't add up? We have 24 goals missing from the scoring chart. It's a complete joke. I'm not saying one of our boys would've won it but if it's happened to is then it's probably happened to other teams.
its only a joke cos you come second

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

dr bronski wrote:
Hatchet Squad wrote:How can the league hand out the leading goalscorer medal when clearly they can't add up? We have 24 goals missing from the scoring chart. It's a complete joke. I'm not saying one of our boys would've won it but if it's happened to is then it's probably happened to other teams.
Not at all champ. Thought that if the league hasn't counted 24 of out goals then how many of Seaford and Noarlungas goals have they missed. If you knew anything about me then you would know I'm not just looking out for my own interests. Numpty!

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
dr bronski wrote:
Not at all champ. Thought that if the league hasn't counted 24 of out goals then how many of Seaford and Noarlungas goals have they missed. If you knew anything about me then you would know I'm not just looking out for my own interests. Numpty!
i say Dr bronski knows you very well Hatchett

Noarlunga had only 5 goals missing but that would be 1 game won on forfeit and 3 own goals... end of the day ..its your team managers responsibility to ensure the ref fills out the team sheet correctly .... no point complaining about it after the season .... especially while your on your honeymoon

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Honest opinion? League can only count whats provided to them. They are slow, but they generally get the info they have online.

Have a chat to your coaches in time for next season and make certain that the match reports are all correct. Saves a hell of a lot of hassle in the long run. I can say that the refs got it incredibly wrong in several games this season though with goal scorers.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

well we had a great presentation at seaford on saturday night. good vibes,good food and good company plus the best stocked bar in the league. everything went well and a good time was had by all as you would expect from the club that carried all before them in div 4. cheers. :D

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Seems like another southern team is forming ... Happy Valley which will be associated with the football club ... could be interesting

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:Seems like another southern team is forming ... Happy Valley which will be associated with the football club ... could be interesting
Did they contact you to coach lol

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:Seems like another southern team is forming ... Happy Valley which will be associated with the football club ... could be interesting
Did they contact you to coach lol
LOL!!!! :wink:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

"The Vikings".... similar colours to Gardens - Vale - Pontians...
A lot of Council and other money has been spent at Happy Valley in recent years...mostly for tennis and football...brilliant floodlights there.

Interestingly, Southern Knights originally formed in 1995 with Happy Valley United joining them to give Knights more numbers....back then Knights had a C-Team...
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook