Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Who's forfeiting then Disappointment?
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

I understand 1 of those games has at least had the b's forfeit. A's not far behind.

Edit to say that the team hasnt actually told the team they are meant to be playing yet either.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Del »

This Division 4 banter has me on the edge of my seat.
Can't wait for the next instalment.
Why is everyone always telling people on computers to hit me ?

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Dissapointment wrote:I understand 1 of those games has at least had the b's forfeit. A's not far behind.

Edit to say that the team hasnt actually told the team they are meant to be playing yet either.
Have to be Centrals surely?
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Ctrl-Alt-Del wrote:This Division 4 banter has me on the edge of my seat.
No doubt the banter would be a lot better if Lingy's Noarlunga were in with a shout of the league this year. Seeing as they're not there's not much to banter about. Too many people are too nice at the minute. We could always wait for Orakles input as Lingy always seems to fire up over his comments :lol:

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Fine, Ill argue, you are all grenache. Sorted. :P

Theres no reason to argue at the moment, no one is playing games. Once people actually get game time, there might be a bit of banter.....

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
No doubt the banter would be a lot better if Lingy's Noarlunga were in with a shout of the league this year. Seeing as they're not there's not much to banter about. Too many people are too nice at the minute. We could always wait for Orakles input as Lingy always seems to fire up over his comments :lol:
Just hurry up and get yourselves to Div 3 so we can have some of you boys back at Polonia for a sunday drinking session....and maybe a football game if there's time!
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
Im just a nice person ...

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

bloodypassit wrote:
Hatchet Squad wrote:
Im just a nice person ...
so am i. :)

Cheap Kitchens
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cheap Kitchens »

Until a muslim shows up.
Quote me !

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Reserves
Noarlunga 2
SA Centrals 0
(Forfiet)

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

Asia 1-3 Croatia

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

andrews farm 1 - 2 mlsc b
andrews farm 2 - 6 mlsc a

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Seaford - Athlestone

B's Seaford won 1 nil. Created a few chances and probably should have scored a couple of more. Athlestone were well drilled and made it difficult. The pitch wasn't the greatest surface to play on but actually looked better than I thought it would apart from one area which was very sandy and marshy.

A's Seaford won 4-0. Started well but again athelstone made themselves hard to break down. 2 up at half time through a late pen then 2 quick goals in the second half killed off the game. Athlestones keeper was very lucky not to get sent off. 3 times he took down the last man when we looked certain to score.

All in all a great day for football and it was good to have 2 hard fought and competitive games.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Poor Quality wrote:Until a muslim shows up.
perhaps you should be called cheap shot instead. :roll:

Poor Quality
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Poor Quality »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
Poor Quality wrote:Until a muslim shows up.
perhaps you should be called cheap shot instead. :roll:
Excuse me. I never said that.
I am often misquoted

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

dunno what happened there. sorry.

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

Athelstone v Seaford

Seaford were patient and kept possession, creating chance after chance through great passing and positional play. Athelstone were stubborn, and even though an early goal for Seaford was ever so wrongly ruled out for offside, with similar dodgy calls made throughout the first half, we cracked them with more patient passing and some great drive from midfield. A stonewall pen, when my strike partner was taken out by the Athelstone keeper just before the break, was gladly slotted home by myself. Two quick goals early in the second half, both coming from great industry from the Seaford left-wing, were dispatched with great quality finishes. From then on the Athelstone back line proceeded to argue amongst themselves... with a little help from yours truly, of course, and the game was done!
"When the seagulls… follow the trauler. Its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Token Pom wrote:Athelstone v Seaford

Seaford were patient and kept possession, creating chance after chance through great passing and positional play. Athelstone were stubborn, and even though an early goal for Seaford was ever so wrongly ruled out for offside, with similar dodgy calls made throughout the first half, we cracked them with more patient passing and some great drive from midfield. A stonewall pen, when my strike partner was taken out by the Athelstone keeper just before the break, was gladly slotted home by myself. Two quick goals early in the second half, both coming from great industry from the Seaford left-wing, were dispatched with great quality finishes. From then on the Athelstone back line proceeded to argue amongst themselves... with a little help from yours truly, of course, and the game was done!
I'm shocked :o

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

Approximately 21 year old Athelstone defender: "Ive been defending for years I know what I'm doing!" Me: "You're 4-0 down mate…"
"When the seagulls… follow the trauler. Its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Token Pom wrote:Approximately 21 year old Athelstone defender: "Ive been defending for years I know what I'm doing!" Me: "You're 4-0 down mate…"
:lol:
Brilliant.

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Athelstone B 3 - Mawson Lakes B 0

Catch up game from a month ago played last night

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Anyone want to do a review for this round?
I don't have the time this week. I was thinking Token Pom or Irish Glover might want to take up the mantle. If not I could do it late on Saturday sometime

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Id do it, but every game would be a 2-nil win and my only predictions would be which of the two sides are going to forfeit.

After this weekend, Noarlunga B's will have played two games in 8 weeks. Mawson Lakes and Aldinga.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

well looks like Hatchet has been gagged by the Aldinga committee as we come to the business end of the season

So ill fill in for this weekend and see if Hatchett rebels against the hierarchy

Seaford vsCroatia

The only thing that can stop Seaford now is over inflated egos . With the Seaford's greatest ever player in charge Im sure he wont let this happen . Also with the home ground advantage and the persistent pest with his hip flask by his side . All I can see is one way traffic... Seaford 5-0

Asia United vs Noarlunga United

Has Noarlunga turned the corner from its recent form slump .. .One can only hope so .. What will Asia bring on Sunday?? who knows. Foy and Amos up front when fully fit are like the dynamic duo .. Noarlunga 4-0

SA Centrals vs Aldinga

Will the real SA Centrals please stand up ... Early in the year they were impressive especially on the cow paddock they call home With added pressure on Aldinga sitting 2nd with a game in hand they should almost wrap up promotion very soon .. but pressure does amazing things .. Will Aldinga handle the school size pitch ?? Have SA Centrals given up for season 2014 .We will know 4:45 pm Sunday arvo ... Aldinga 3-2

Sierra Stars vs Athelstone

This could be one of the most entertaining games for season 2014. Both very attacking sides with weakness in defence ...Sierra have a little bit more to play with the slight chance of promotion still a chance ..Sierra 5-3

Unley United vs Andrews Farm

Some improving results for the dogged Unley side of late as Andrews Farm keep struggling and dealing with lack of numbers once again...Will Andrews Farm show that they can compete in div 4 or will Unley bore them to death and escape with a last minute victory ... my guess 2-1

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:well looks like Hatchet has been gagged by the Aldinga committee as we come to the business end of the season

So ill fill in for this weekend and see if Hatchett rebels against the hierarchy

Seaford vsCroatia

The only thing that can stop Seaford now is over inflated egos . With the Seaford's greatest ever player in charge Im sure he wont let this happen . Also with the home ground advantage and the persistent pest with his hip flask by his side . All I can see is one way traffic... Seaford 5-0

Asia United vs Noarlunga United

Has Noarlunga turned the corner from its recent form slump .. .One can only hope so .. What will Asia bring on Sunday?? who knows. Foy and Amos up front when fully fit are like the dynamic duo .. Noarlunga 4-0

SA Centrals vs Aldinga

Will the real SA Centrals please stand up ... Early in the year they were impressive especially on the cow paddock they call home With added pressure on Aldinga sitting 2nd with a game in hand they should almost wrap up promotion very soon .. but pressure does amazing things .. Will Aldinga handle the school size pitch ?? Have SA Centrals given up for season 2014 .We will know 4:45 pm Sunday arvo ... Aldinga 3-2

Sierra Stars vs Athelstone

This could be one of the most entertaining games for season 2014. Both very attacking sides with weakness in defence ...Sierra have a little bit more to play with the slight chance of promotion still a chance ..Sierra 5-3

Unley United vs Andrews Farm

Some improving results for the dogged Unley side of late as Andrews Farm keep struggling and dealing with lack of numbers once again...Will Andrews Farm show that they can compete in div 4 or will Unley bore them to death and escape with a last minute victory ... my guess 2-1
Haha. No gag mate. I doubt anyone on our committee reads this to be honest. I just won't have the time as I usually do it at work but I've been a little busy lately.
I can say though that it was a refreshing change reading someone else's views. Just gonna sit back now and wait for the bites seeing as you just threw the rod in lol

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

Less detailed/tactical than Hatchet, but enjoyed the humour!

…the 'Inflated Ego'

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Token Pom wrote:Less detailed/tactical than Hatchet, but enjoyed the humour!

…the 'Inflated Ego'
Might have to find room in my day to put my own in :D

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

The over inflated egos or the over inflated ego? TP is more than enough to make up for everyone else.

Think there'll be some cracking games though. Athlestone Sierra should be a cracking high scoring game. Dingy centrals will be good snd close too if centrals perform how they can. Fancy them to steal some points from dingy this week

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Let's hope Seaford reserves don't forfeit next week ;-)