Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by THE ORAKLE »

surely a couple of players could double up just so the rest of their mates would get a game. which is the very reason unly b are playing the catch up game against seaford b tomorrow when we host asia so all credit to unly for jumping at the opportunity.seaford,who have not played for a fortnight through no fault of their own,and have a couple of injurys of their own to boot would do anything to get game time for as many players as possible as often as possible. after all, that is what its all about,isnt it. :roll:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

THE ORAKLE wrote:surely a couple of players could double up just so the rest of their mates would get a game. which is the very reason unly b are playing the catch up game against seaford b tomorrow when we host asia so all credit to unly for jumping at the opportunity.seaford,who have not played for a fortnight through no fault of their own,and have a couple of injurys of their own to boot would do anything to get game time for as many players as possible as often as possible. after all, that is what its all about,isnt it. :roll:
Spot on
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

think most teams in same boat, shame they are forfeiting, i think we had 3 players, play 180mins against seaford with another 3 on 135mins, rather just play than worry about anything else.

Rubyroo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rubyroo »

Andrews Farm had to forfeit the Bs otherwise it would have been practically the same team playing both games, not just a few doubling up. We've always had some guys double up if needed so we could play 2 teams but this week we just simply couldn't do it. We've got a lot of niggly injuries which just arent getting better, some players are sick and some just haven't bothered to rock up. Its frustrating to us too because we miss out on a good day of 2 senior home games, and its not fair on those guys who do train regularly and are always up for a game, but we had to make the call last night instead of getting Noarlunga all the way down here and have to forfeit on them. The boys have been read the riot act and hopefully those who just haven't been interested pull their heads in and start supporting their team mates. Those with sore muscles and niggly injuries will benefit the week off and hopefully we'll be back on track to travel to Seaford next weekend.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Noarlunga were informed that Andrews Farm had 20 fit players last night... riot act ??? So are the players injured or can't be bothered.... considering its andrews farm home game surely your club could field two teams...
all clubs have players with niggly injuries and clubs at this level have on numerous occasions have players playing 2 games in the day

Rubyroo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rubyroo »

Well you'd think because its our home game they could be bothered.... The fact of the matter is we didn't have the numbers for multiple reasons, so out of courtesy the forfeit was made early. We had 20 players on paper but a handful of them were still questionable and hadn't been seen all week so why count on players you aren't even sure are going to turn up? The dedicated players are sick of doubling up so we called it. Andrews Farm is a long way from Noarlunga to travel and then find out there isn't a game. Why port about the decision, would you have rather we called it an hour before KO?

Fído Dido
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Fído Dido »

Most would prefer if you commit to playing for the season you play for the whole season.
It's people like me that make football news what it is

Rubyroo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rubyroo »

Fído Dido wrote:Most would prefer if you commit to playing for the season you play for the whole season.
Haha I wholly agree with you! I'm not sure why some players "commit" to playing then just rock up when they feel like it.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Can't Andrews Farm find a couple of ring-ins to play similar when they travelled to Noarlunga ???

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:Can't Andrews Farm find a couple of ring-ins to play similar when they travelled to Noarlunga ???
Ring Ins?
Surely not. You're not suggesting they cheated to lose 9-0 are you
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

We fronted up at Aldinga with 18 fit players and still put two teams on the pitch. Yes we took a belting. But its about club pride. We put 2 teams in div 4 and we aim to put two teams out every week.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

MLSC-B's wrote:We fronted up at Aldinga with 18 fit players and still put two teams on the pitch. Yes we took a belting. But its about club pride. We put 2 teams in div 4 and we aim to put two teams out every week.
and you have earnt a lot of respect in the league for it also...knowing your injury issues also

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Asia just forfeited against Seaford A's. Only called at 2pm to say they can't make it

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Seaford B's beat unley 7-0 in a catch up from a missed game earlier in the season. A huge thanks to them for coming out and from what I gather suggesting to play the game. It had to be played on our second pitch so not the most fluent of games but a pretty comfortable scoreline. Unleys keeper with some great stops to keep the games close throughout. Again massive thanks for coming and just a pity Asia didn't forfeit earlier and let the A's catch up too.

Now for a rant, what a disgrace the league is the teams can cancel so late and absolutely nothing happen. How Asia were permitted to play in a 2 team league with 1 team still escapes me. I know fixtures can't go ahead for various reasons but we all play amateur footballs cause we love to play the game and going 5 odd weeks without playing ruins that. We all appreciate the struggles Andrews farm have with keeping 2 teams together and we had that at Seaford last year, it's hard when your not regularly getting results but getting game time plays dividends in the long run are an example of that and hatchet can testify many people regularly doubled up to fulfill the fixtures. I agree with hatchets suggestion the teams who has a game forfeited against them should get an average of the others teams result for them. At the end of the day both leagues are so close it could go down to goal difference and who actually played the most games could be very important.

On a personal note, hopefully farm can get 2 teams out next week cause they were a good bunch of lads earlier on the season and we have a lot of people keen to play. Even with 2 teams were resting people each week which is a fortunate position to be in

Urban Beaches
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Urban Beaches »

Disagree with the average scores proposal but if a team regularly forfeits would like to see them removed and their results expunged.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

athelstone b p-p mlsc b (saved pitch for As reply 6/8/14)
athelstone b 2-0 mlsc a

ProudHornet
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ProudHornet »

lets get a few things straight: im the coach and player of the Andrews Farm A team we have never had a full 2 teams this season we have had at least 5 players playing double games on every game this season with not one complaint for my boys and never used it as an excuse for loosing .

at the start of the seasons the game away against noarlung we had a full Bs side and only 6 A players the rest doubled up No ring ins were played

we have has some injuries and at training i had 10 players not 20 i had 10

on paper i had 17 but could not confirm to have all 17 out, i would have played 2 teams with 17 i have done many times before

so i made the call to for the first time this season we forfeited 1 team
i called noarlunga and told them as soon as i made the decision they weren't happy about it and i understand that but nothing i could do about it

i was proud of my boys today we played well as did noarlunga we lost 6-4 but i was happy with the game

the reff was another story

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

ProudHornet wrote:lets get a few things straight: im the coach and player of the Andrews Farm A team we have never had a full 2 teams this season
So why join a two team league?

ProudHornet
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ProudHornet »

Dry July wrote:
ProudHornet wrote:lets get a few things straight: im the coach and player of the Andrews Farm A team we have never had a full 2 teams this season
So why join a two team league?

i have 43 players registered

i usally get about 17-23 players out at a game so we play both teams
this time i had 10

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

any more scores. :?:

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

Croatia v Aldinga A's and B's postponed due to waterlogged pitch.
Unfortunate for the Aldinga lads to come all that way, sorry for the inconvenience.
"This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

BILL SHANKLY

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Let's not get facts in the way if a good story...
Phone call Friday night

We have 20 players available with another 23 players injured ... So Andrews farm will forfeit the ressies

To say you didn't play a ring in is false.. Given I received a phone call from a coach that is involved with a Saturday team to say his player is playing for Andrews Farm

Possibly our worse game for the season today

ProudHornet
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ProudHornet »

bloodypassit wrote:Let's not get facts in the way if a good story...
Phone call Friday night

We have 20 players available with another 23 players injured ... So Andrews farm will forfeit the ressies

To say you didn't play a ring in is false.. Given I received a phone call from a coach that is involved with a Saturday team to say his player is playing for Andrews Farm

yeah the phone call was our club president with the incorrect info and yeah i was Friday night straight after our training

and the player you are referring to ran the line for the A team we were part way through his transfer and his old coach was not being a pain and not releasing him

but he did not play

so in your words mate "Let's not get facts in the way if a good story..."

and was it the worse game of the season for you guys because the bottom team gave you such a run for you money ??

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

ProudHornet wrote:
Phone call Friday night

yeah the phone call was our club president with the incorrect info and yeah i was Friday night straight after our training

and the player you are referring to ran the line for the A team we were part way through his transfer and his old coach was not being a pain and not releasing him

but he did not play

and was it the worse game of the season for you guys because the bottom team gave you such a run for you money ??

Ummm.. The coach of the Saturday club was at the game earlier in the season and yes the lad did play

So your club president doesn't know what is happening at his club ... Please

A win is a win !!!!

ProudHornet
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ProudHornet »

bloodypassit wrote:
ProudHornet wrote:
Phone call Friday night

but he did not play

Ummm.. The coach of the Saturday club was at the game earlier in the season and yes the lad did play

A win is a win !!!!

i know for a fact he did not play despite what you tiny brain thinks
i ran the line for the Bs and he ran the line for the As

and the president was more worried about getting word to you guys so we didn't waste your time coming down
than getting the exact numbers as that's my job any way and i just told him to forfeit the game

next time i wont waste my time trying to inform you guys with enough time, ill just make sure i have the number of players i have right

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

ProudHornet wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:

but he did not play

A win is a win !!!!

No need to get personal ..obviously your getting found out

You can remember who ran the line in April???

and the president was more worried about getting word to you guys so we didn't waist your time coming down
For someone with a tiny brain .. I'll get my spelling right
than getting the exact numbers as that's my job any way and i just told him to forfeit the game

next time i wont waist my time trying to inform you guys with enough time, ill just make sure i have the number of players i have right[/quote]

Welcome to footballnews....

Just don't swallow the first hook that has been cast ;-)

ProudHornet
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ProudHornet »

bloodypassit wrote:
ProudHornet wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:

but he did not play

A win is a win !!!!

No need to get personal ..obviously your getting found out

You can remember who ran the line in April???

and the president was more worried about getting word to you guys so we didn't waist your time coming down
For someone with a tiny brain .. I'll get my spelling right

next time i wont waist my time trying to inform you guys with enough time, ill just make sure i have the number of players i have right

Welcome to footballnews....

Just don't swallow the first hook that has been cast ;-)[/quote]

we can do this all night

and yes i do remember the first game we played you guys i was the first game after Asia united and i was suspended that's why i remember it

as for swallowing the first hook cast im just sick of my club of coping sh*t, this is our first year in this competition and we are trying to make a go of it
and people saying we have of played "ringins" pisses me off

i don't play unregistered players

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

ProudHornet wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:
we can do this all night

and yes i do remember the first game we played you guys i was the first game after Asia united and i was suspended that's why i remember it
Not a good example if you got sent off if your the coach
as for swallowing the first hook cast im just sick of my club of coping sh*t, this is our first year in this competition and we are trying to make a go of it
and people saying we have of played "ringins" pisses me off

I thought Andrews Farm played in the SAASL in 2013
i don't play unregistered players
you sure

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

bloodypassit wrote:Welcome to footballnews....
:lol:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Get the evidence out Lingy :D