Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Die Yuppíe Die
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by Die Yuppíe Die »

THE ORAKLE wrote:i have been told centrals vs seaford has been cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch. this may be true. i also know its ramadan and perhaps centrals dont want to play sunday. so iam asking just where seaford stand on this. is it a cancelled game to be played later or is it a forfeit game to seaford. remember seaford thought they were playing a forfeit game against them first game of the season and the result was seemingly allowed to stand and in the light of this new saga unfolding seaford will view it very carefully. ps we have not had enough rain to cause a waterlogged pitch in my humble opinion but any input would be welcome. :?: :roll:
Cowandilla rarely gets waterlogged but is quite often in need of a lawnmower.
Watching players who have no idea of the LOTG whinge about the officials is half the entertainment

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

THE ORAKLE wrote:i have been told centrals vs seaford has been cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch. this may be true. i also know its ramadan and perhaps centrals dont want to play sunday. so iam asking just where seaford stand on this. is it a cancelled game to be played later or is it a forfeit game to seaford. remember seaford thought they were playing a forfeit game against them first game of the season and the result was seemingly allowed to stand and in the light of this new saga unfolding seaford will view it very carefully. ps we have not had enough rain to cause a waterlogged pitch in my humble opinion but any input would be welcome. :?: :roll:
It's a massive conspiracy against Seaford lol

I guess your theory will be proven right if they manage to postpone their allocated away games in the next month
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MLSC »

mlsc V unley has been moved as our pitch is unplayable.

The games will be played at

Para Hills West Soccer Club
Northbri Avenue
Salisbury East

Thankyou to Para Hills West for helping us out.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

MLSC wrote:mlsc V unley has been moved as our pitch is unplayable.

The games will be played at

Para Hills West Soccer Club
Northbri Avenue
Salisbury East

Thankyou to Para Hills West for helping us out.
Waterlogged pitch. Who'd of thunk it Orakle lol
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Die Yuppíe Die wrote:
Cowandilla rarely gets waterlogged but is quite often in need of a lawnmower.
Itwasprettysoft the other week before all the rain so could be true. I k ow our school ground is unplayable

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Yet again Orakle your showing your racist mentality

Maybe give SA Centrals credit in notifying Seaford that the pitch is unsafe to play on earlier. Did Seaford suggest to play the game at their ground??

To suggest that they are avoiding to play due to Ramadan is poor.... Muslim based teams have always played during this period ....

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

i never mentioned the word racist in my post. you did,you little stirrer you. :roll:

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

It should be left to the ref on the day! Still worth travelling if only to save a game having to be rearranged. The defeats of Dingy and the Doggies are still sore I see!
"When the seagulls… follow the trauler. Its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

Die Yuppíe Die
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Die Yuppíe Die »

THE ORAKLE wrote:i never mentioned the word racist in my post. you did,you little stirrer you. :roll:
The reason was clearly given as you yourself said: i have been told centrals vs seaford has been cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.

No-one mentioned ramadan so why did you bring it up? Who's the stirrer now?
Watching players who have no idea of the LOTG whinge about the officials is half the entertainment

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Token Pom wrote:It should be left to the ref on the day! Still worth travelling if only to save a game having to be rearranged. The defeats of Dingy and the Doggies are still sore I see!
Come on Jono. This had nothing to do with Seaford and more to do with Orakles fascination with all things Muslim, conspiring against seaford lol

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

There goes my anonymity... Haha, just pulling ya leg ANDY. Any excuse!
"When the seagulls… follow the trauler. Its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

well well well mission accomplished. got the thread ticking over nicely again hasnt it. :P

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

It's not a secret on here as to my identity lol

Urgh! A Musíc War
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Urgh! A Musíc War »

Yet you make your avatar very hard to read :P
I hate screaming kids

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MLSC »

A's MLSC 4 v Unley 0
B's MLSC 3 v Unley 3

Thank's to unley for coming to an alternative venue on short notice and to para hills west for hosting us when our pitch was unplayable.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Ressies
Aldinga 8 - 1 Athelstone

First Team
Aldinga 3 - 2 Athelstone

Both games played in great spirits. Thoughts go out to the reserve keeper who by all accounts broke his pelvis. As a footballer that is an injury no one wants to see. I hope you recover well and play again mate. Terrible injury!!

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Urgh! A Musíc War wrote:Yet you make your avatar very hard to read :P
As long as you know the team, it don't matter. Everton aren't we!!

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

NOARLUNGA SCORE ANYONE. :?:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

THE ORAKLE wrote:NOARLUNGA SCORE ANYONE. :?:
Noarlunga won 4-3 after being 3-1 down. Good result

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

thanks for that hatchett. my best wishes for the injured keeper. as a pure watcher these days i want you guys to entertain me not get hurt in the process. if he has indeed broke his pelvis he will need to take things yery easy for a while. any way all the very best to him. on saturday dickos son took a nasty one in the kidneys and ended up in noarlunga hospital. he is home now but under surveilance. my best to him as well. cheers.

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Ressies
Aldinga 8 - 1 Athelstone

First Team
Aldinga 3 - 2 Athelstone

Both games played in great spirits. Thoughts go out to the reserve keeper who by all accounts broke his pelvis. As a footballer that is an injury no one wants to see. I hope you recover well and play again mate. Terrible injury!!
very sad to hear about the Athelstone Gk. Wishing him all the best from all the guys at Mawson Lakes. Never want to hear about players getting injured.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Any news on the Athelstone reserve keeper? Hope he's doing alright after Sundays horrific injury

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

He crushed his sciatic nerve. Will be off his feet for another week or so and obviously his season is over. The Reserves GK position has been cursed this season. 4 players have been injured playing goalkeeper for us this season including two broken hands.

Another two injuries on top of that coming out of Sunday's game and again we struggle to field enough players against Mawson Lakes - lucky the Over 35's are also playing at home so we can get some cover on the bench.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Hey Manic,

Just wanted to confirm you will be fielding two teams this week? Just wanted to make sure to give our coaches time to adjust there squads and who would sit out if you don't have enough etc.

Cheers mate.

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

As mentioned above, having all teams at home allow us to move players around so I am confident that our reserves will play.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

ManicD wrote:As mentioned above, having all teams at home allow us to move players around so I am confident that our reserves will play.
thanks mate was just clarifying, OK perfect.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Round 13

Farm v Noarlunga - Farm proving life very difficult in their first year in div 4 and I cant see it improving against a solid Noarlunga outfit. Noarlunga coming back from 3-1 down against Croatia show a real grit and determination to get the job done. They will belt Farm this week. Noarlunga 12-0

Croatia v Aldinga - Aldinga, much like Noarlunga coming back to win 3-2 after being 2-0 down early on a very bobbly Shark Park last week, showed great determination to not only get back into the game but go on to win it. selection headaches for the coaching staff are a welcomed one as it only means we have great depth. Croatia are a decent side and their results have proven this. We look forward to playing on a decent surface and think this will be a really close game decided by a goal or two. No prediction here

Athelstone v Lakes - Athelstone will think they let a win slip through their fingers last week but having watched the whole game they didn't take the game by the scruff of the neck after going 2-0 up. They sat back and invited pressure and thought they were comfortable at 2-0. I reckon if they'd continued to attack us they might have gotten something out of the game but that's football. Lakes improvement is there for all to see after dismantling Unley 4-0. Well done boys. I think the state of the Athelstone pitch will go a long way to determining the winner of this game. If it is boggy as usual after the heavy rains then the game becomes anyones. If it is quite good then Athelstone will win but not by much. Seeing as its going to rain most of the weekend I predict a draw here 2-2

Sierra v Centrals - Will the game go ahead. Some people down south ( Orakle) will have you believe it wont; due to religious beliefs. Others think Centrals pitch was just unplayable which I tend to believe. All this aside, this has the makings of a great contest. Two teams who like to attack and play with a bit of flair. I really cant decide on a result for this one. I predict a cracking game with a high scoring draw being the result. 4-4

Seaford v Asia - will Asia protest and walk off like last time. Maybe they should because they will get hammered this week. Seaford having the week off last week has given time for players to recover and rest up. They will be fired up and keen to put on a show for their home supporters. Maybe a forfeit 2-0 win will be the only way Asia's goal difference doesn't take a hammering. Seaford 8-1

Good luck this week to all teams

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

come on hatchett. give us a prediction for your sunday games. have faith. :wink:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

B:-Andrews Farm 0 Noarlunga 2 ( forfeit )
That's 3 weeks in a row

Phone call tonight that Andrews Farm have only 20 fit players ... So they will forfeit their ressies ... And it's their home game....

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:B:-Andrews Farm 0 Noarlunga 2 ( forfeit )
That's 3 weeks in a row

Phone call tonight that Andrews Farm have only 20 fit players ... So they will forfeit their ressies ... And it's their home game....
I've said this for years and I'll say it again. A 2-0 forfeit result is not good enough when you consider the score line when they actually play. This can decide who wins the title. The forfeit score should be an average of the team that forfeits goals against. You should be awarded between 7-8 goals.