Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by Dissapointment »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
Dissapointment wrote:Big weekend of games this week! Noarlunga V Seaford will be a big one. In the B's its the two undefeated sides. If only the game wasnt being held at exactly the same time as the Federation fixture, there might have been a decent crowd there. Not quite sure why it wasnt moved.
Move it yourselves. Adelaide uni play Friday nights sometimes. Why can't it be played on the Saturday then it's a win win for both sets of supporters who want to see the derby; including me lol
You need both parties to agree to move a match.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Dissapointment wrote:
Hatchet Squad wrote:
Dissapointment wrote:Big weekend of games this week! Noarlunga V Seaford will be a big one. In the B's its the two undefeated sides. If only the game wasnt being held at exactly the same time as the Federation fixture, there might have been a decent crowd there. Not quite sure why it wasnt moved.
Move it yourselves. Adelaide uni play Friday nights sometimes. Why can't it be played on the Saturday then it's a win win for both sets of supporters who want to see the derby; including me lol
You need both parties to agree to move a match.
I take it Seaford ain't coming to the party. I can understand from their point of view. They have quite a few who can't play Saturdays due to work.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Yeah, but consider this. Noarlunga play Seaford in a federation game at home. Seaford put the Amateurs match back 2 hours. The people at the feds game go to Seaford. Seaford make money over the bar and it makes a full day of fixtures. They would even steal supporters from Noarlungas bar to their own. As it stands supporters will be split between clubs, taking away a day of profit from Seaford and vice versa. Its just not intelligent.

I wouldve put that to Noarlunga if I was in charge at Seaford. Alas, zero thought went into it. Seafords Amateurs even wanted to move the game from what I understand, there was just a flat no from the usual suspects.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Dissapointment wrote:Yeah, but consider this. Noarlunga play Seaford in a federation game at home. Seaford put the Amateurs match back 2 hours. The people at the feds game go to Seaford. Seaford make money over the bar and it makes a full day of fixtures. They would even steal supporters from Noarlungas bar to their own. As it stands supporters will be split between clubs, taking away a day of profit from Seaford and vice versa. Its just not intelligent.

I wouldve put that to Noarlunga if I was in charge at Seaford. Alas, zero thought went into it. Seafords Amateurs even wanted to move the game from what I understand, there was just a flat no from the usual suspects.
I can only guess who the 'usual suspects' are. I have a fairly good idea
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

There were phone calls between Noarlunga and Seaford to attempt to move the game to either Saturday night or Sunday Morning . Due to ineffective lighting at both clubs and work commitments with some players on both teams this was not going to be possible .
Sunday morning was also spoke about but with both teams having players with children playing junior soccer and or coach those sides would not be fair to either side.

When the FFSA State League draw was released. I did approach the SAASL to suggest to have the Seaford vs Noarlunga game be on the same day in hoping that it would be a 10 team league . This would have allowed the game to be shifted to a cup weekend . But with 11 teams plus a BYE this made it impossible with no free weekends til September 22nd....

I can also commend senior coaching staff at Seaford for suggesting in having the First Team Amatuer played before the Federation Senior Match . But we all understood this could upset the football hierarchy in South Australia....

Maybe if Asia United informed the SAASL early enough that they would field one team they would be in Sunday Div 5 and we would have a 10 team league and be commending both Noarlunga and Seaford in working together to maximise both games

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:There were phone calls between Noarlunga and Seaford to attempt to move the game to either Saturday night or Sunday Morning . Due to ineffective lighting at both clubs and work commitments with some players on both teams this was not going to be possible .
Sunday morning was also spoke about but with both teams having players with children playing junior soccer and or coach those sides would not be fair to either side.

When the FFSA State League draw was released. I did approach the SAASL to suggest to have the Seaford vs Noarlunga game be on the same day in hoping that it would be a 10 team league . This would have allowed the game to be shifted to a cup weekend . But with 11 teams plus a BYE this made it impossible with no free weekends til September 22nd....

I can also commend senior coaching staff at Seaford for suggesting in having the First Team Amatuer played before the Federation Senior Match . But we all understood this could upset the football hierarchy in South Australia....

Maybe if Asia United informed the SAASL early enough that they would field one team they would be in Sunday Div 5 and we would have a 10 team league and be commending both Noarlunga and Seaford in working together to maximise both games
Well said. Disappointing for all concerned at the end of the day.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

can confirm that seaford amatuers were amenable to any way that would make it possible for seaford people to see both feds and amatuers on the same day. either way ffsa have impinged on this sunday hoping to get 50,000 at their cockomamie cup final. :roll:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

yet again ...please do not comment on something that you have had no dealing with orakle ....lI understand the FFSA stance in wanting the federation cup final to be a stand alone game...hence why ALL state league games are on Sunday ( except Modbury/Pirates)

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Play the games as openers and closers to the federation game? actually a really good idea. the fact that FFSA and Amateurs want nothing to do with each other should not matter at this point (referees availability aside).

I just know that there are people unhappy at it being on the same time. It makes a day where both sides would make a chunk of money, lose out on that. Seems unecessary.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Dissapointment wrote:Play the games as openers and closers to the federation game? actually a really good idea. the fact that FFSA and Amateurs want nothing to do with each other should not matter at this point (referees availability aside).

I just know that there are people unhappy at it being on the same time. It makes a day where both sides would make a chunk of money, lose out on that. Seems unecessary.
How early and late do you propose the Amatuer games to start..I'm more than unhappy with the scenario but that's life ,.. What if both clubs drew away games to other teams???

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

bloodypassit wrote:yet again ...please do not comment on something that you have had no dealing with orakle ....lI understand the FFSA stance in wanting the federation cup final to be a stand alone game...hence why ALL state league games are on Sunday ( except Modbury/Pirates)
yet again...please do not presume that you can even think of deciding what i will comment on. yes i admit iam retired now and dont control anything anymore. but niether do you do in this instance and you mr bigshot are going to have to take your pick as to which game you will grace with your presence. just like unimportant me. :lol:

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

First game back for me this weekend looks like we have about 16 for both games so around 20 injured gonna be a interesting sunday

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Centrals arent a bad side either. They can do some damage if you dont pay attention.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Dissapointment wrote:Centrals arent a bad side either. They can do some damage if you dont pay attention.
They've taken 7 points off the current top 3. They're as dangerous as anyone

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Haha will give it a shot. Three keepers playing the first game! :)

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Gristy wrote:Haha will give it a shot. Three keepers playing the first game! :)
well that should ensure a clean sheet. :wink:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Round 8

SA Centrals v Mawson Lakes - SA Centrals were a pleasant surprise when we met last week. Technically very good with only their positional play at question. Top bunch of lads who just want to play the game. They've taken 7 points off the current top 3 so they are a major threat to any teams title aspirations. Mawson Lakes coming off a bye, probably a bad time to have a bye coming off their first win against the Farm. The word on the street is that Lakes are struggling with injuries and may require the services of 3 goal keepers. Sorry Lakes but i predict a Centrals to win and win well. 8-1

Asia v Aldinga - Asia come into this game on the back of some ordinary form losing their last 2 by a combined 11 goals. Football is a funny old game and we down at Aldinga know that nothing is ever handed to you. This is a must win game if we are to keep the pressure on the teams around us at the top. We come into this weeks game with the return of 2 of our best young players (they were missed last week) albeit at the expense of 2 other injured players from last week. No predictions here

Seaford v Noarlunga - Game of the round and a season defining game maybe. This game has the makings of a classic. Two proud southern clubs who probably believe their best football lies beyond division 4. I really wish we had the bye this week so I could head down and watch this one. Noarlunga redeemed themselves last week after their loss to Centrals, with a solid win over the very lacklustre Asia. Seaford came away from Croatia with the points and look to be the form team of the comp winning all but their first game. I hope you both kick cabernet out of eachother to be honest. Considering we play Seaford next week I'd love Noarlunga to get the points but I cant see them getting all 3. Predicting a hard fought draw here 2-2

Sierra v Croatia - we still are yet to play Sierra so I cant really comment too much on them. Croatia are steadily improving and losing 3-1 to Seaford last week is hardly a disaster. Top fellas down at Croatia on and off the park. Good luck this week. Croatia 3-1 for me

Unley v Athelstone - Unley coming off a loss to cellar dwellars Farm will surely be fired up for this one. athelstone are an improving young side but again are very inconsistant. Athelstone for me 4-1

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

Sierra Stars have forfeited both A's and B's this Sunday.
"This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

BILL SHANKLY

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

sweaty bollocks wrote:Sierra Stars have forfeited both A's and B's this Sunday.
They will be able to watch the Noarlunga vs Seaford FFSA game now :wink:

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Round 8

Seaford v Noarlunga - Seaford came away from Croatia with the points and look to be the form team of the comp winning all but their first game.
Think your overlooking yourselves a little bit there mate. Yes we've won all since the first week but you boys are still undefeated and are the only of the 'top 3' to get a result against SA Centrals.

A couple of big games coming up the next few weeks all round so should be come crackers. Not a great sign that Sierra are forfeiting both games this week. Hopefully there all sorted for the next few weeks too!

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

anyone know why. :?:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:anyone know why. :?:
Aldinga are undefeated ??
Seaford are on a roll ??

Why Australia commit only 30cents per $100 in foreign aid ??

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Word on the street ..Asia United won't be attending today either

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

any idea why? we play them next week will organise a friendly if there dropping out..

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Gristy wrote:any idea why? we play them next week will organise a friendly if there dropping out..
I would be enjoying the long weekend if you had no game next week

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Seaford v Noarlunga

In the reserves Seaford won 5-1. Good physical game with and a great win for Seaford in the derby game. Got goals up bursts at the start of either half and controlled the game for the most part. Our levels dropped when 5 up and noarlunga got a goal back but never really looked like getting back in. They said themselves they were disappointed with the performance and I'm sure the return fixture will be a cracker.

First team Seaford won 2-1. Two pretty sloppy goals to put Seaford 2 up and we had a third wrongly disallowed for offside when the noarlunga lino even said he was on. To top it off the player the scored was booked for finishing as the whistle was blown. Noarlunga went straight up the other end and scores a great goal. They should have had a second after a slip from the Seaford keeper but a last ditch block saved a certain goal.

2 huge wins for Seaford today over very good noarlunga sides. Was good to see a lot of noarlunga lads hang around even with the Feds games going on in noarlunga!

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Sa centrals b 6-2 mlsc
Centrals came from behind twice to make it 3-2 at half time. First half ref was awesome he was a A player so got swapped at half time his replacement unfortunately wasn't quite as good :)

Centrals a 4-1 mlsc
Was 2-1 for a while couple of late goals including a great overhead kick.

Hopefully have more players back for the reverse but picked up two more injurys today.

Sa centrals were great guys we enjoyed visiting.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Asia 2 - 3 Aldinga

Went 1-0 up after our 8th consecutive corner with a well placed Craig Harrison header. Things then took a turn for the worse. We conceded a penalty which there keeper took and scored 1-1. They then broke away and our keeper was clearly pushed in the back trying to shepherd it out, no foul then they finished it off with a goal. Poor decision from the ref. 2-1 down at HT. We made a couple of positional changes and it took us about 20 minutes to get things level with a scrambled goal after the keeper kept a real good header out. The ball fell to out forward who slotted nicely, 2-2. We continued to pile on the pressure and eventually found the winner thanks to a Steve Hawkins cracker from 20-25 yards hard and low swinging away from the keeper. Things then got a little heated and their defender blatantly smashed Taffy which to everyone looked like a penalty apart from the ref. Taffy looked in a lot of distress and had to be helped off the ground. On further inspection he recieved a compound fracture of his toe. A real dirty challenge. About 10 minutes later their forward won a free kick only to lash out and deliberately kick our fullback. Ref booked him instead of sending him off for violent conduct. All in all we came away with the points and look forward to a top of the table challenge against my old mates at Seaford. We rested a few players today who were carrying a few knocks and it nearly backfired on us but we got out of jail in the end. Special mention must go to their keeper who pulled off some cracking saves. Without him we would've won more convincingly but that's football.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

ath def unley 11-2
ath d unley 1-1

according to paper.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Irishglover wrote:Seaford v Noarlunga

In the reserves Seaford won 5-1. Good physical game with and a great win for Seaford in the derby game. Got goals up bursts at the start of either half and controlled the game for the most part. Our levels dropped when 5 up and noarlunga got a goal back but never really looked like getting back in. They said themselves they were disappointed with the performance and I'm sure the return fixture will be a cracker.

First team Seaford won 2-1. Two pretty sloppy goals to put Seaford 2 up and we had a third wrongly disallowed for offside when the noarlunga lino even said he was on. To top it off the player the scored was booked for finishing as the whistle was blown. Noarlunga went straight up the other end and scores a great goal. They should have had a second after a slip from the Seaford keeper but a last ditch block saved a certain goal.

2 huge wins for Seaford today over very good noarlunga sides. Was good to see a lot of noarlunga lads hang around even with the Feds games going on in noarlunga!
Full credit to both Seaford teams yesterday ,...Our ressies were blown away from the start and was playing catch up football ... Brad did a fantastic job officiating the game ...