Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Dissapointment wrote:Dedication to the holiday
That's what I hoped he meant but you never know do you :wink:
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

hey if i knew i was playing soccer this year i would have tried to not miss a game, think i would of always missed aldinga, but not andrews farm, but oh well :)

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

take nothing to heart son. as an old coach i mustve heard the lot. the budgies funeral,tea with the inlaws,clipsal 500s justin bieber concerts and prowling around schoolies week. the list goes on. perhaps its just me but i think all that she ite should be done in the CRICKET SEASON. unless you are a cricketer naturaly. :wink:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

THE ORAKLE wrote:take nothing to heart son. as an old coach i mustve heard the lot. the budgies funeral,tea with the inlaws,clipsal 500s justin bieber concerts and prowling around schoolies week. the list goes on. perhaps its just me but i think all that she ite should be done in the CRICKET SEASON. unless you are a cricketer naturaly. :wink:
Maybe he should contact the NHL and the NBA and get them to rearrange their schedule to meet his amateur football demands :roll: He can do what he likes, he's a bloody amateur player
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:take nothing to heart son. as an old coach i mustve heard the lot. the budgies funeral,tea with the inlaws,clipsal 500s justin bieber concerts and prowling around schoolies week. the list goes on. perhaps its just me but i think all that she ite should be done in the CRICKET SEASON. unless you are a cricketer naturaly. :wink:
We're you coaching when clipsal 500 and justin Berber were around...

Good luck to you grist ... NHL and NBA finals got to love that...

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Are there only 2 games this round due to cup commitments? Aldinga v Mawson Lakes & Croatia v SA Centrals

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MLSC »

I think it is just MLSC and Aldinga. Central a are in the cup draw.

All other games have been postponed.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

MLSC wrote:I think it is just MLSC and Aldinga. Central a are in the cup draw.

All other games have been postponed.
Cheers. Must've overlooked Centrals

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

:?: did dingy and mawson play today. :?:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Reserves
Aldinga 13 - 0 Mawson lakes
Game abandoned after 70 minutes when a player from Maswon broke or dislocated his elbow. Needed an ambulance. All from Aldinga wish him well. Good luck in your recovery mate.

First Team
Aldinga 7 - 0 Mawson Lakes
Thought it was 8-0 but ref had it down as 7-0. We were comfortable all day and they didn't have one shot on goal. I must say I got booked for taking a free kick before the whistle (I hit the bar) reallly pissed me off to blight my own personal performance. It could've been 12 but for wasteful finishing and some terrible refereeing decisions. How does a forward win the ball in the air only to be taken out by the keeper, not get a penalty. Was stonewall if I've ever seen one. Credit must go to Mawson Lakes, game was played in the right spirits. Maybe next week don't put 7-8 players behind the ball and play like Chelsea, especially when you're 4-0 down.
5 from 5 is credit to our training regime and the commitment from our players. Top of the table going into our bye. We can enjoy a week off now and look forward to round 6

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Sounds like I chose the right weekend to be away!!

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Hatchet, the guy with the dislocated elbow is doing fine and is now having a well earned rest.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

MLSC-B's wrote:Hatchet, the guy with the dislocated elbow is doing fine and is now having a well earned rest.
Great news. No one wants to see injuries like that in the game. Good luck to him in his recovery and to your club for the rest of the season

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
MLSC-B's wrote:Hatchet, the guy with the dislocated elbow is doing fine and is now having a well earned rest.
Great news. No one wants to see injuries like that in the game. Good luck to him in his recovery and to your club for the rest of the season
Cheers. He got a great x ray out of it. Hopefully next time we play you guys we can put two fit teams on the pitch and give you a real game.
Was a very disappointing day for both our teams.
But all clubs go through a run with injuries. Least we done the trek south and put two teams on the pitch.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
At least you know where the stretcher is

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

MLSC-B's wrote:
Hatchet Squad wrote:
Cheers. He got a great x ray out of it. Hopefully next time we play you guys we can put two fit teams on the pitch and give you a real game.
Was a very disappointing day for both our teams.
But all clubs go through a run with injuries. Least we done the trek south and put two teams on the pitch.
Hang in there on the injury front. They come and go. We were please that you guys showed up with 2 teams. I know it's not easy with a depleted squad but you guys gained a lot of respect from us.

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Round 6

Mawson Lakes v Andrews Farm - A game for pride it would seem. Injuries have ravaged both teams this season which happens sometimes unfortunately. Andrews Farm gave us a headache when we met and it took a half time hairdryer from the coach to kick our arses into gear. Mawson Lakes are a new club finding their feet in the comp and I'm sure with every game you play you will improve ( along with getting injured players back). Hard one to predict but I feel a 3-3 coming on.

SA Centrals v Noarlunga - Noarlunga looking very strong and have only lost a close one to the league leaders. SA Centrals - Which team is going to show up this weekend? You seem to play well one week and then completely play the opposite the next. Here's hoping you can upset our southern neighbours this sunday but I have a feeling that Noarlunga may give you a touch up. Noarlunga 6-1

Asia v Croatia - Croatia looking fairly solid only losing to Aldinga and Noarlunga so far. Coming off a bye and a cup game they should be chomping at the bit to play this weekend. I here a few quality ins for your side also. Asia, another up and down team. Very hard to gauge where they are at with indifferent performances so far this season. Croatia 4-1

Seaford v Athelstone - Seaford starting to find their feet after a slow start to their campaign ( although not entirely of their doing). They seem to be getting better with each performance and with some quality players adding to their depth they will only improve week after week. Athelstone are also a team on the up winning their past 2 games since their opening season game. Seaford at home will be too strong I think and like Noarlunga may give their opponents a touch up this weekend. Seaford 7-2

Sierra v Unley

I have absolutely no idea about either side so can't comment too much. From what Ive heard Sierra like to play the ball around and are quite pacey. Unley have had an indifferent start to the season so 2-2 for me

Aldinga this week has the bye so I'll be taking in the Seaford v Athelstone game. Good luck to all teams this week.

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Some good shouts there I think mate. Reckon Mawson at home will just get the better of Andrews farm especially if their performance against you was anything to go by. 3-1 to the home side.

I agree with noarlunga and Croatia. They've had a tough start playing you and noarlunga early on.

If Sierra can get an early goal I think they could win 4-1.

Think your being a bit generous to Seaford. Be good to get another win for both teams and back to the league after the cup game. Hopefully the B's can keep the clean sheets going. Ronnie pulling off some worldies against Sierra in the last game. Be good to see you back down at the old stomping ground!

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Ill be there for the reserves mate. Ill have a frothy with ya after

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Good luck all tomorrow.

With our only goal scorer still suspended and both GK out it could be a interesting game!!

Ned
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ned »

did seaford used to be noarlunga city .

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MLSC »

Mlsc 4-3 Andrews farm. A's
Mlsc 4-1 Andrews farm. B's

Thanks to Andrews farm for 2 great games. First ever win for both mlsc teams!!!

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Seaford - Athlestone

B's Seaford won 8-0. Pretty close game for the first while but once we got a couple of goals they got their heads down. Scored 3 pretty quickly at the start of the second half to kill off the game and in fairness the score line could have been more.

A's Seaford won 4-0. Again athlestone started well and was a even contest early on but once Seaford got a couple athlestone never really looked like scoring.

2 good games and was good to see a few athlestone boys in the clubroom after the game. Good bunch of lads!

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

MLSC wrote:Mlsc 4-3 Andrews farm. A's
Mlsc 4-1 Andrews farm. B's

Thanks to Andrews farm for 2 great games. First ever win for both mlsc teams!!!
We'll done. My prediction of a 3-3 game was not far off lol

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Ned wrote:did seaford used to be noarlunga city .
Yes, until 1983

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Reserves
Aldinga 13 - 0 Mawson lakes
Game abandoned after 70 minutes when a player from Maswon broke or dislocated his elbow. Needed an ambulance. All from Aldinga wish him well. Good luck in your recovery mate.

First Team
Aldinga 7 - 0 Mawson Lakes
Thought it was 8-0 but ref had it down as 7-0. We were comfortable all day and they didn't have one shot on goal. I must say I got booked for taking a free kick before the whistle (I hit the bar) reallly pissed me off to blight my own personal performance. It could've been 12 but for wasteful finishing and some terrible refereeing decisions. How does a forward win the ball in the air only to be taken out by the keeper, not get a penalty. Was stonewall if I've ever seen one. Credit must go to Mawson Lakes, game was played in the right spirits. Maybe next week don't put 7-8 players behind the ball and play like Chelsea, especially when you're 4-0 down.
5 from 5 is credit to our training regime and the commitment from our players. Top of the table going into our bye. We can enjoy a week off now and look forward to round 6
Give yourself a wrap why don't you.....

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
Yes, until 1983
WRONG. seaford and city merged when city had no place to go. seaford took them in like a stray cat and seaford got federation status out of it. city were being starved out of galloway road by the local council of the day cos they only wanted footie and cricket there at the time. so the soccer and the rugby had to go. years later another council of the day spawned south adelaide sc out of spite because they wanted seaford and noarlunga utd to merge and because we wouldent council gave both clubs strife. where do south adelaide play :?: galloway road. ironic isnt it. its true what they say about pollies. yesterdays friend can easily become tomorrows enemy as seaford and noarlunga found out all those years ago. :(

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
Hatchet Squad wrote:
Yes, until 1983
WRONG. seaford and city merged when city had no place to go. seaford took them in like a stray cat and seaford got federation status out of it. city were being starved out of galloway road by the local council of the day cos they only wanted footie and cricket there at the time. so the soccer and the rugby had to go. years later another council of the day spawned south adelaide sc out of spite because they wanted seaford and noarlunga utd to merge and because we wouldent council gave both clubs strife. where do south adelaide play :?: galloway road. ironic isnt it. its true what they say about pollies. yesterdays friend can easily become tomorrows enemy as seaford and noarlunga found out all those years ago. :(
It's not like WIKIPEDIA is ever wrong now is it ;)

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Any other results?

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

WRONG. seaford and city merged when city had no place to go. seaford took them in like a stray cat and seaford got federation status out of it. city were being starved out of galloway road by the local council of the day cos they only wanted footie and cricket there at the time. so the soccer and the rugby had to go. years later another council of the day spawned south adelaide sc out of spite because they wanted seaford and noarlunga utd to merge and because we wouldent council gave both clubs strife. where do south adelaide play :?: galloway road. ironic isnt it. its true what they say about pollies. yesterdays friend can easily become tomorrows enemy as seaford and noarlunga found out all those years ago. :([/quote]

It's not like WIKIPEDIA is ever wrong now is it ;)[/quote]

for shiraz sake hatchett i was there through all of that krap and i know what happened. wikipedia can only go on info they get. its not their fault if they get given duff gen. why should i waste my time spinning bull s..t. trust me on this one ok. its seafords 40th year now and ive been involved all that time and there are still plenty of people around the club who can verify my post as true. you were at our game on sunday why didnt you have a word with me then. cya.