SATURDAY DIVISION 2 2014

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Re: SATURDAY DIVISION 2 2014

Post by gone »

YNWA_#lad wrote:Nahhhhh, Aces will romp MA this week.. expect a minium 3 goal difference in this one. Biscuit hatrick is on the cards for surrrrrre ! Cmon ACESSSSSSSS
You've never played poker have you? :lol:
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

dawiseone
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by dawiseone »

Villa derby
Adl v Salsbury 2-1
B's 4-0
C's
Villa v ARBE
14-1

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Stirling vs hawks
8-1

So Stirling go second and would say that's promotion...well done...

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

n8 wrote:Stirling vs hawks
8-1

No congrats yet, still need to get the win against Flinders next week, and hope SV don't go crazy and win by a cricket score.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

otto62 wrote:
8-1

No congrats yet, still need to get the win against Flinders next week, and hope SV don't go crazy and win by a cricket score.

Should be fine playing like you guys did today against us...and I can't see a cricket score happening a lot of players out today for us that will be back next week to finish the season off so we it will be a different hawks next week that's for sure!

Can I say now it's Stirlings to lose....

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

n8 wrote:
otto62 wrote:
8-1

Should be fine playing like you guys did today against us...and I can't see a cricket score happening a lot of players out today for us that will be back next week to finish the season off so we it will be a different hawks next week that's for sure!

Yes.
You guys never gave up, but with so many players out you were always up against it.
Best wishes, and hope you enjoy a good finish to the season next week. :)
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

ynwa1991
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ynwa1991 »

Anddddddddd the aces are rolling along.... :D
Stirling Districts Football Club

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

n8 wrote:
otto62 wrote:
8-1

The last time S.Villa were Div.2 champs it was due to the other contending team losing on the final day.

All the pressure is on Stirling next week. Don't go getting the cow-liwobbles. :lol:

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Azzurri80 wrote:The last time S.Villa were Div.2 champs it was due to the other contending team losing on the final day.
All the pressure is on Stirling next week. Don't go getting the cow-liwobbles. :lol:
Rather be in our shoes than yours. :D
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

otto62 wrote:
Azzurri80 wrote:The last time S.Villa were Div.2 champs it was due to the other contending team losing on the final day.
Just noticed Flinders are on a bit of a roll. They've only lost one of their last 5 games and that was to AVilla.
We'll need to be at our best.
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

otto62 wrote:
otto62 wrote:
Just noticed Flinders are on a bit of a roll. They've only lost one of their last 5 games and that was to AVilla.
We'll need to be at our best.
You're starting to sound nervous. :lol:

I heard they have a fully fit squad, and are raring to end the season on a high at home in front of their home supporters.

Good luck, in what will once again be a great end to a close Div. 2 season. :wink:

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

:D
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

going to be very interesting this weekend....could be a twist but i hope not...would rather see stirling go up....no souther breakers no one tree hill and no stirling means pretty much no more than half hour travel max!! beautiful!!

you guys at salisbury doing anything special this last round??? i heard possibility of a spit...

Reluctant Stereotype
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Reluctant Stereotype »

Travelling was the best part of playing in my day.

Ali Dia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ali Dia »

n8 wrote:going to be very interesting this weekend....could be a twist but i hope not...would rather see stirling go up....no souther breakers no one tree hill and no stirling means pretty much no more than half hour travel max!! beautiful!!

you guys at salisbury doing anything special this last round??? i heard possibility of a spit...
yeah there should a decent feed on! ill have to get you a beer after you hand us promotion :wink:
!!Former Southampton Player!!
Influences: Graeme Souness & Matt Le Tissier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfX9gBmsWqg

ynwa1991
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ynwa1991 »

nandoggsupasikkcunn wrote:
n8 wrote:going to be very interesting this weekend....could be a twist but i hope not...would rather see stirling go up....no souther breakers no one tree hill and no stirling means pretty much no more than half hour travel max!! beautiful!!

yeah there should a decent feed on! ill have to get you a beer after you hand us promotion :wink:

So what happens if therotically stirling and sailsbury draw on goal diffrence(and im aware how very unlikely it is)But has it ever happened in the past ?

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Haha well where coming up with close enough to a full strength side to ensure we don't give u guys promotion....we want you guys down with us...haha

But it would be funny if Stirling slipped up...

Ali Dia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ali Dia »

YNWA_#lad wrote:

So what happens if therotically stirling and sailsbury draw on goal diffrence(and im aware how very unlikely it is)But has it ever happened in the past ?
i think it goes to the team that has more goals for?
!!Former Southampton Player!!
Influences: Graeme Souness & Matt Le Tissier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfX9gBmsWqg

ynwa1991
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ynwa1991 »

That would be redic if it happened.. Gonna be a tough ask tomorrow but hopefully stirling can come through with the goods. Best of luck to Sailsbury aswell !

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

With this week as the last round i would like to thank all div 2 clubs on behalf of One Tree Hill SC for their hospitality, facilities, sportsmanship and football throughout the season. I think i speak on behalf of the entire senior squad in saying we have thoroughly enjoyed our time in div 2, and definitely plan on bouncing straight back up to give it another shot. We lost a lot of players over the off season and came into this season with a very young squad knowing it would be extremely tough for us. We certainly gave it our best shot and will definitely be aiming to leave on a high this weekend, and will leave Div 2 better for the experience with some great memories. I think our best football was good enough to compete with most sides, but unfortunately we lacked the consistency that makes a side high quality to test teams throughout the season. So i thought i would do a little summary of somethings i experienced this season:
Best team we played against- Adelaide Villa. Definitely a class apart. absolute shredded us in both games, a team we never got even close to at any stage of any game. a credit to them.
Team i enjoyed playing most- Salisbury Villa. played them 3 times this season and i felt especially in the 2nd n 3rd time we played them we could have possibly snatched a result as the games were close. they found a way to win. the football was hard n fair, n they played with a lot of passion... how football should be played. congrats to them!
Best ground to play on- Definitely Stirling. played there 2nd game of the season i think it was, or 3rd. it was an absolute billiard table! If only our ground could be something like that haha.... which brings me to my next one-
Worst ground to play on-well i have to say it was our own. unfortunately we are limited with space, the pitch gets over used and deteriorates fairly quickly. was an absolute mud bath mid season lol.
Most disappointing result- probably the 2nd time we played against Pumas. Dont think we played our best in such a crucial game. very disappointed walking off the field there with a loss. think that was almost the game that sent us down when looking back. had we have won that we could have gone on to stay up i believe
Best result- Well it had to be the giant killing of Stirling. We knew they were a very good team. went in massive underdogs. They played great football, yet somehow we were only 3-2 down at half time after being absolutely dominated. 2nd half we had an amazing 15 minute purple spell where every time we touched the ball we scored, then dug in deep to defend. was a great feeling to walk off knowing at our best we were able to compete in this division

Once again, thanks to all the clubs, players, officials and spectators who were involved in our games this season. Hope to see yous all again in a seasons time. Would be great to bounce back at the first time of asking to make a real good crack of securing a place in div 2

ynwa1991
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ynwa1991 »

Were going up up up ! And the aces are rolling along !

ynwa
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ynwa »

Shame salisbury villa didnt get promoted, really upset about it :D

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

othsc4life wrote:With this week as the last round i would like to thank all div 2 clubs on behalf of One Tree Hill SC for their hospitality, facilities, sportsmanship and football throughout the season. I think i speak on behalf of the entire senior squad in saying we have thoroughly enjoyed our time in div 2, and definitely plan on bouncing straight back up to give it another shot. We lost a lot of players over the off season and came into this season with a very young squad knowing it would be extremely tough for us. We certainly gave it our best shot and will definitely be aiming to leave on a high this weekend, and will leave Div 2 better for the experience with some great memories. I think our best football was good enough to compete with most sides, but unfortunately we lacked the consistency that makes a side high quality to test teams throughout the season. So i thought i would do a little summary of somethings i experienced this season:
Best team we played against- Adelaide Villa. Definitely a class apart. absolute shredded us in both games, a team we never got even close to at any stage of any game. a credit to them.
Team i enjoyed playing most- Salisbury Villa. played them 3 times this season and i felt especially in the 2nd n 3rd time we played them we could have possibly snatched a result as the games were close. they found a way to win. the football was hard n fair, n they played with a lot of passion... how football should be played. congrats to them!
Best ground to play on- Definitely Stirling. played there 2nd game of the season i think it was, or 3rd. it was an absolute billiard table! If only our ground could be something like that haha.... which brings me to my next one-
Worst ground to play on-well i have to say it was our own. unfortunately we are limited with space, the pitch gets over used and deteriorates fairly quickly. was an absolute mud bath mid season lol.
Most disappointing result- probably the 2nd time we played against Pumas. Dont think we played our best in such a crucial game. very disappointed walking off the field there with a loss. think that was almost the game that sent us down when looking back. had we have won that we could have gone on to stay up i believe
Best result- Well it had to be the giant killing of Stirling. We knew they were a very good team. went in massive underdogs. They played great football, yet somehow we were only 3-2 down at half time after being absolutely dominated. 2nd half we had an amazing 15 minute purple spell where every time we touched the ball we scored, then dug in deep to defend. was a great feeling to walk off knowing at our best we were able to compete in this division

Once again, thanks to all the clubs, players, officials and spectators who were involved in our games this season. Hope to see yous all again in a seasons time. Would be great to bounce back at the first time of asking to make a real good crack of securing a place in div 2
Thanks OTH it's been great having you in the division. Hope you bounce straight back up.
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

YNWA_#lad wrote:Were going up up up ! And the aces are rolling along !
:D :D :D
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B