SATURDAY DIVISION 2 2014

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: SATURDAY DIVISION 2 2014

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Don't take Gleeson lightly, 3-1 flattered us last week, they should pick up plenty of points in the run home i think!

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Jack Mehorf wrote:Don't take Gleeson lightly, 3-1 flattered us last week, they should pick up plenty of points in the run home i think!
no way! like i said slightly worried this week...if the boys don't come to play we will get taken to the cleaners...i got much respect for gleeson after last time we played them! on that game in the top 3 teams we've played!

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

I think it was earlier in this thread that I did rate Gleeson as the big improver's this season, so maybe they're on the way to proving me right for once!

Few interesting games. I'll go:

OTH to pull off the greatest upset this season! Don't think we've had one of these yet, so hopefully due. :lol:

S.Villa, not sure which Cougars are due to show up, but if full fit squad, could be tight.

I reckon Breakers are in some decent form, so are Flinders, so I'll pick the team that conceded less to A.Villa, Flinders.

Gleeson to catch up to the middle pack, although Hawks will want this with S.Villa in particular having a tricky fixture.

Hopefully Pumas can show that early season tenacity and put up a fight, although Villa will be out for revenge, with the weapons to attack at full force.

As Jesus once said to Pontius Pilate, "Bring it on!!"

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Well for those who predicted the upset were on the money.

One tree hill 6-4 stirling.
Stirling went up 2-0, then 3-1 and went into half time with 3-2 lead. One tree hill came out strong second half n fought back to take the lead. Eventually holding on at the end to win 6-4. Conditions were not ideal n it was a real scrap at times.

Stirling ran away with the reserves game 10-0

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Are Stirling reserves one of the most winningest reserves sides in the Amateur league?

They just consistently belt teams season after season it seems? Haven't played them personally this season, but I rated them the best team I've played against last season, and it seems not much has changed.

I can't remember now, but if you take it out this season, is that 3 in a row?

They make me sick! :lol:

Should have put some money on my predictions too. :D

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Azzurri80 wrote:Are Stirling reserves one of the most winningest reserves sides in the Amateur league?

They just consistently belt teams season after season it seems? Haven't played them personally this season, but I rated them the best team I've played against last season, and it seems not much has changed.

I can't remember now, but if you take it out this season, is that 3 in a row?

They make me sick! :lol:

Should have put some money on my predictions too. :D
Flinders reserves won 4 3B's titles on the bounce before promotion this season.
FSC

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

so because the league website is terribly slow at updating i thought i would put up a simple ladder
Div 2 after 11 games
Adelaide Villa........30
Salisbury Villa.......21
Stirling................19
MA Hawks............18
Flinders...............15
Cougars...............12*
Gleeson...............10*
Sthn Breakers........9
One Tree Hill..........9*
Adl Pumas.............8*

*1 game in hand

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

othsc4life wrote:so because the league website is terribly slow at updating i thought i would put up a simple ladder
Div 2 after 11 games
Adelaide Villa........30
Salisbury Villa.......21
Stirling................19
MA Hawks............18
Flinders...............15
Cougars...............12*
Gleeson...............10*
Sthn Breakers........9
One Tree Hill..........9*
Adl Pumas.............8*

*1 game in hand
Big game next round S.Villa v Stirling.
If Villa win they'll have one foot in Div 1 and virtually knock us out of the race.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

Have Pumas lost players??? They started the year on fire, now can't buy a win, bottom of the ladder.

On a positive note well done to One tree Hill on their win against Stirling, proving a lot of people wrong the last few weeks, myself included. :D

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Hit the post wrote:Have Pumas lost players??? They started the year on fire, now can't buy a win, bottom of the ladder.

On a positive note well done to One tree Hill on their win against Stirling, proving a lot of people wrong the last few weeks, myself included. :D
last report i got was they have a few out for the world cup...which would be unsettling for the team!! but i also heard they all due back soon but weather that could be too late who knows!!

yeah one tree hill and gleeson will be the big improvers for the second half of the year!! so will be interesting to see who gets sucked down into the bottom 2! only team safe at this stage is a villa!! i don't think 20 points is guaranteed safe this year!!

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Hit the post wrote:Have Pumas lost players??? They started the year on fire, now can't buy a win, bottom of the ladder.

what makes it all the more satisfying is ive heard about an ex member of the club talking pre season that One Tree Hill would be lucky to get 7 points all season. So to be on 9 at just over the half way mark, and to manage a very valuable win against a very high quality side like Stirling. Its certainly far from doom and gloom up the hill for the billie goats. we are certainly feeling very confident but realise there is still a huge mountain to climb to avoid relegation with some extremely hard games still to come starting with adelaide villa up next

PingKong
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by PingKong »

ONE TREE HILL V SALS VILLA
STIRLING V STHN BREAKERS
COUGARS V GLEESON
FLINDERS V ADEL PUMAS
ADEL VILLA V MA HAWKS

5times
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by 5times »

ONE TREE HILL 0-1 SALS VILLA
STIRLING 7-3 STHN BREAKERS
COUGARS 2-2 GLEESON
FLINDERS 1-2 ADEL PUMAS
ADEL VILLA 3-0 MA HAWKS

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Dont usually predict scores when i predict the games, but might give it a look this week. Although im going to soft out this week from tipping/predicting the OTH Sals Villa game

ONE TREE HILL ? V ? SALS VILLA Dont wont be saying anything about this one. Maybe save it for Saturday night, result depending ;)
STIRLING 5 V 1 STHN BREAKERS Stirling too strong, too good for Breakers here. Comfortable win
COUGARS 1 V 2 GLEESON Gleeson seem to have improved of late. heard rumours of a few players coming in
FLINDERS 3 V 1 ADEL PUMAS Pumas having a battle down the bottom of the ladder. Flinders i think will seal this one easy enough
ADEL VILLA 5 V 1 MA HAWKS Villa way to strong all across the park and in great form, very one sided game here

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

S.villa, but hoping Otr can pull one out the bag...
Stirling, in a struggle
Gleeson, easy
Pumas, beating us last week would get the confidence up...
Hawks, few boys back plus couple new players so let's hope we can cause an upset.

Nigel_Reo-Coker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nigel_Reo-Coker »

Up the mighty Villa! We are coming after you Villa!

5times
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by 5times »

Looks like promotion is in both Villas hands, with OTH and Breakers needing results to escape!

Toffeeman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Toffeeman »

Hey Guys

Any catch up games scheduled for this weekend???

Just looked at the table and noticed half the teams still have games in hand!!! Looks like it will go down to the wire until anything is decided - except for Adelaide Villa of course ....
Congrats to you guys on promotion by the way (ill keep the congrats about winning the Div on ice until after the next round!)

FleetFoot102
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by FleetFoot102 »

othsc4life wrote:gotta say it was a pretty disappointing, unsporting performance from adelaide pumas today. turned up to their ground today to see the reserves game called off- fair enough. but suprisingly the pitch had held up pretty well considering the amount of rain. but not once did any pumas player, official or representative showing any willingness to want to play the first team game. just had the attitude of not wanting to play at all whilst One Tree Hill were all keen to get out.
The pitch was in pretty good condition, the odd wet slushy patch but hey its a winter sport here. there was a large puddle on one of the corner flags so we suggested bringing the touch line in 2 metres to negate the puddle on the pitch. pumas didnt want a bar of that suggestion, their excuse being because they struggle to play on narrow pitches even though it would have still been well withing regulation size. when they ref rocked up they pretty much accosted him and influenced him to call the game off. there was absolutely nothing wrong with that ground n ive gotta say ive played on pitches far worse!!!
It was clear Pumas didnt want to play as during the week they had already contacted one tree hill attempting to call the game off, hadnt put any nets up or corner flags out and nobody even went close to getting changed to play. wonder if the fact their """star""" striker was suspended n they were missing several players who were overseas for a game that could have potentially put them into relegation had they lost.
obviously have to respect the referees decision as his is final, but it was clear from the beginning that Pumas had no intention or desire to take to the park. football was definitely the loser today, conditions wouldnt have been ideal for free flowing attractive football i do admit but there was definitely no danger or safety risk to any player or official beyond that of the normal risks in a normal game under ideal conditions. shocking call from the ref, shocking attitude from the Pumas. to say they pumped us 7-0 at the start of the season i would have thought they would have been chomping at the bit to get out n do it again... how times change!
I'm looking forward to this game on the weekend.

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

FleetFoot102 wrote: I'm looking forward to this game on the weekend.
This fixture could not have come at a worse time for the Billie goats. Been a cup round this weekend a couple of players have gone away for the weekend, and with injuries starting to take their toll we are really hoping a few B graders step up and perform otherwise it could be an uphill battle for us.

FleetFoot102
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by FleetFoot102 »

Pumas v OTH

A's 4-2
B's 1-0

Ali Dia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ali Dia »

Has anybody got an updated table?

Adel Villa promoted.

i think Salisbury Villa will also go up.

looks like OTH and Breakers for relegation, although quite a few teams are still in the mix!

UP the mighty Villa
!!Former Southampton Player!!
Influences: Graeme Souness & Matt Le Tissier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfX9gBmsWqg

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Surely after this weeks results Stirling to get promoted.... But good seeing the second promotion spot going to go down to the last round...

Ali Dia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ali Dia »

#88 wrote:Gleeson have pulled off the great escape! Bottom after 8 rounds after defeats to breakers and OTH.

Now confirmed for div 2 in 2015.
well done Gleeson, strong second half of the season.... still not as good as the mighty villa!!!!! up the mighty villa!!!!
!!Former Southampton Player!!
Influences: Graeme Souness & Matt Le Tissier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfX9gBmsWqg

ynwa1991
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ynwa1991 »

n8 wrote:Surely after this weeks results Stirling to get promoted.... But good seeing the second promotion spot going to go down to the last round...

I wouldnt go as far as to say surely, but it does make the final 2 games of the season alot more intresting ! Hoping Adelaide Villa can help us this week maybe :D :D :D
Stirling Districts Football Club

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

YNWA_#lad wrote:
n8 wrote:Surely after this weeks results Stirling to get promoted.... But good seeing the second promotion spot going to go down to the last round...

I wouldnt go as far as to say surely, but it does make the final 2 games of the season alot more intresting ! Hoping Adelaide Villa can help us this week maybe :D :D :D
It also makes the hawks both best friends and worst enemies of Stirling and Salisbury villa...and knowing that we aren't 100% safe yet still Leaves plenty to play for for us...

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

The first part has to be a wind up. SVilla have been excellent this year and have every chance of getting the points against an AVilla side that has already won the league. SV have the points on the board and are still clear favourites for promotion.

It has definitely been a good hard fought competition this year.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

otto62 wrote:
The first part has to be a wind up. SVilla have been excellent this year and have every chance of getting the points against an AVilla side that has already won the league. SV have the points on the board and are still clear favourites for promotion.

its not a wind up otto i genuinely believe from here on in promotion is going to be stirlings to lose...s.villa clearly have the harder run home and are at greater risk of dropping points...i can't see s villa beating a villa this week and I'm sure you guys are backing yourselves this week against us and flinders the week after... but good luck to whoever goes up in the end...

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

n8 wrote:
otto62 wrote:

its not a wind up otto i genuinely believe from here on in promotion is going to be stirlings to lose...s.villa clearly have the harder run home and are at greater risk of dropping points...i can't see s villa beating a villa this week and I'm sure you guys are backing yourselves this week against us and flinders the week after... but good luck to whoever goes up in the end...
Thanks for the best wishes.

But SVilla only need a point against AVilla. They can just sit back and park the bus and absorb everything and play out a 0-0 and they'll have done enough. SVilla have their destiny in their own hands. Stirling don't, we can only hope for results elsewhere to go for us.

And apart from that Hawks will be hard to beat, even with home ground advantage. I think I'll actually be able to make it this week, so looking forward to a good game. :D
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

ynwa1991
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ynwa1991 »

Nahhhhh, Aces will romp MA this week.. expect a minium 3 goal difference in this one. Biscuit hatrick is on the cards for surrrrrre ! Cmon ACESSSSSSSS
Stirling Districts Football Club