SATURDAY DIVISION 2 2014

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Trunks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: SATURDAY DIVISION 2 2014

Post by Trunks »

n8 wrote:thats impressive ud hope so many superstars can get you guys back to div 1 pretty quickly then....yeah kimmy is at bosa...
great pick up for BOSA! Kim is a quality defender and should do well their.

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

5cougarsthanx wrote:The Villa trumpet is deafening Meeeehorf! Ps. Juppy is Stevie G's boyfriend closet style... No ones allowed to know! Sshhhhh
Gonna enjoy givn u sh it this year bro!
Yeah he mentioned something about bunkin with him, he did also mention he gives a good blowie 8)

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

#88 wrote:
Jack Mehorf wrote:
n8 wrote:Yeah great pick up....(if they stay fit) villa going to be very strong if Joshy gets up and going in the middle very hard to stop! I allways thought he was at polonia this year!
You can add Ryan Moore, Ben Jupp (ex Liverpool youth 8) ) Billy Karapetis, Eblem Hughes and Ryan Mitchell to that list of midfielders :wink:

Lucky we play 3-5-2 :D
Never heard of them
Most amateurs haven't heard of ex-prem players until they've been embarrassed by them on the park. :lol:

owtfornowt
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by owtfornowt »

Is there a mistake on the SAASL website or have 2 B's teams dropped out of the comp already?

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

owtfornowt wrote:Is there a mistake on the SAASL website or have 2 B's teams dropped out of the comp already?

There are many mistakes on the fixtures, which teams?

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gooner4life »

spooky1972 wrote:
owtfornowt wrote:Is there a mistake on the SAASL website or have 2 B's teams dropped out of the comp already?

Currently it appears Southern Breakers and One Tree Hill have pulled out of the Reserves, meaning there are only 6 teams remaining :shock:

Didn't think this could happen in a TWO team league. It is understandable when teams drop out of lower single team divisions as these are usually the least comited and least skilled players, but you would have thought teams in Div 2 had been around for a while and had the numbers and quality to remain there!

What is the leagues position on this?? Arent you supposed to drop to a single team league if you can't feild sides in both A's and B's?? :?:
“We do not buy superstars. We make them.”
Arsene Wenger

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

We played Southern Breakers in a trial and they could only field one team. While one tree hill players probly got sick of playing on a U10's pitch!

brisroar
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by brisroar »

Why is it every time you get a chance you stick the boot into OTH Muzza?
Are you still filty you couldn't beat us last year?
Get over it. This year will just be a pleasure not to see your face.
By the way you should have enjoyed our pitch. Not much running to do with those donkey legs of yours
:clown:

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gooner4life »

Is it true though you are only feilding one side.. no B's :?:
“We do not buy superstars. We make them.”
Arsene Wenger

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

Just stating my opinion mate :lol:

I'm not attacking anybody personally unlike yourself!

Nehhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

gooner4life wrote:
spooky1972 wrote:

Currently it appears Southern Breakers and One Tree Hill have pulled out of the Reserves, meaning there are only 6 teams remaining :shock:

Didn't think this could happen in a TWO team league. It is understandable when teams drop out of lower single team divisions as these are usually the least comited and least skilled players, but you would have thought teams in Div 2 had been around for a while and had the numbers and quality to remain there!

What is the leagues position on this?? Aren't you supposed to drop to a single team league if you can't feild sides in both A's and B's?? :?:
My opinion is that if Southern Breakers and One Tree Hill cannot field 2 teams in such a strong league, then they have to be dropped to a lower division perhaps division 4 or 5. Most of the clubs that are mixing it in division 2 have structure and players in place to match it with most division 1 sides. How can a club, if you can call them that, be allowed to compete against other clubs that have three teams, yet they struggle to field one decent team?? Two teams, ARBE and Monarchs are a very strong outfit, both committee and player wise. They should be brought back into division 2. The league should set a criteria for clubs to meet once they advance into higher divisions, and its not too late to re-gig the fixtures as round 1 has not even commenced.
These teams are no good to us clubs who want to deliver the best for our players. They all pay the same registration fee, but will play half the games now due to a lack of communication between these teams and the SAASL.
PS- Lion dropped themselves to division 4 or 5 a few years back because they could not field two teams, these guys I feel should do the same. A bit of common sense should be used by these clubs as they know they aren't playing little clubs anymore. No disrespect to OTH or Southern Breakers, but if you don't have at least 24 players on your list by now, there are issues, so I feel you don't belong in a league where there are clubs that have the capability of fielding 4 teams.
The SAASL has to do the right thing now, put a cap on teams joining the league and perhaps look at strengthening these poor clubs that dont have players.
Sorry for the rant but this has been going on for years and the same mistakes are still happening.
:?
CROYDON COUGARS SC Est 1999

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

brisroar wrote:Why is it every time you get a chance you stick the boot into OTH Muzza?
By the way you should have enjoyed our pitch. Not much running to do with those donkey legs of yours
Obviously not much happening in SAT DIV 3 if hes posting on this thread... maybe we are just more entertaining :wink:

mooks1304
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mooks1304 »

This was the advice we were given by the SAASL at Hahndorf last season when we were really struggling for numbers at the beginning of the season.

Luckily, we we're able to promote a number of youngsters from our U16's and others started to come out of the woodwork to fill two sides before the season started (wasn't easy but we struggled through and got a side out there every week).

If we'd not had the numbers with a fortnight to go we'd have dropped to a lower division - and would have expected to have to do so.
Flat Caps And False Nines. A Football Blog.
www.flatcapsandfalsenines.com

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

COUGARS V STIRLING- Two teams that always battle it out! Draw
GLEESON V ADEL VILLA- Adel Villa, whos gonna beat them this season?
MA HAWKS V SOUTHERN BREAKERS- MA Hawks comfortably
FLINDERS V SALS VILLA- Draw, Flinders not to be under estimated
ONE TREE HILL V ADEL PUMAS- Pumas will get off to a flying start, and will win comfortably also.

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

mooks1304 wrote:This was the advice we were given by the SAASL at Hahndorf last season when we were really struggling for numbers at the beginning of the season.

Luckily, we we're able to promote a number of youngsters from our U16's and others started to come out of the woodwork to fill two sides before the season started (wasn't easy but we struggled through and got a side out there every week).

If we'd not had the numbers with a fortnight to go we'd have dropped to a lower division - and would have expected to have to do so.
Hahndorf have been in the amatuer league as long as I remember. They know the drill, and the best thing about that is is that you consider OTHER clubs when making your decisions. GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR!

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

5cougarsthanx wrote:
brisroar wrote:Why is it every time you get a chance you stick the boot into OTH Muzza?
Obviously not much happening in SAT DIV 3 if hes posting on this thread... maybe we are just more entertaining :wink:
My former team is in div2 so I like to take a interest :D

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

As far as I am aware, as of Thursday one tree hill are still fielding 2 sides in division 2.
The issue of dropping down to div 5 having only one side was discussed at the club and was taken to the league to work out our options as we had lost a number of players for various reasons from last season. The league told the club it was not possible to drop the side down to div 5 n that we would have to stay in div 2. Even if that meant forfeiting the B grade side at certain points during the season.
After this the club rallied round, managed to pull some players out of the woodwork and should have enough to fill two sides throughout the season. It may be a tough year for the club, or there may be a surprise or two along the way... We shall see how we go. But hopefully we should be able to hold the two sides together and be competitive

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

Players come and go from clubs during each season in Amatuers. I wouldn't be surprised if Breakers and One Tree Hill pick a few players up who aren't getting games elsewhere. With NO depth in your teams it's safe to say you will be a big contender at the wrong end of the table.

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

That's brilliant to hear that you have rallied together and that you are going to give it a crack!!! Our club went through something similar about 6-7 seasons back, players merely C team standard were playing 2 games in division 2!! We got relegated, then promoted back to division 2 the following year. We have moved on from there and going great, mostly thanks to the new committee that went into power at the club. It's going to be a tough couple of years, but I'm sure you will ride through it! You just need to make sure you pick up some points against the lower teams!!!
I'm just suprised that One Tree Hill, with the sudden fantastic rise through the divisions, that there are all of a sudden, no players!!! They should all be there beaming for Round 1!!! Why the exodus of players??

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Yeah this is only our 4th season, so we climbed the grades very quickly after starting in div 6.
Definitely after speaking with the coach tonight at training we do have 2 teams. That's been confirmed no worries there.
Really what else can you do but give it a crack. Things aren't ideal, but it's a case of that old cliche that this is football and anything can happen. We have earnt the right to play at this level, n I would be gutted to have that taken away because of lack of numbers. We can only work with what we have, n what we have at the moment is now a very committed bunch who are keen to give it a go

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

5cougarsthanx wrote:
My opinion is that if Southern Breakers and One Tree Hill cannot field 2 teams in such a strong league, then they have to be dropped to a lower division perhaps division 4 or 5. Most of the clubs that are mixing it in division 2 have structure and players in place to match it with most division 1 sides. How can a club, if you can call them that, be allowed to compete against other clubs that have three teams, yet they struggle to field one decent team?? Two teams, ARBE and Monarchs are a very strong outfit, both committee and player wise. They should be brought back into division 2. The league should set a criteria for clubs to meet once they advance into higher divisions, and its not too late to re-gig the fixtures as round 1 has not even commenced.
These teams are no good to us clubs who want to deliver the best for our players. They all pay the same registration fee, but will play half the games now due to a lack of communication between these teams and the SAASL.
PS- Lion dropped themselves to division 4 or 5 a few years back because they could not field two teams, these guys I feel should do the same. A bit of common sense should be used by these clubs as they know they aren't playing little clubs anymore. No disrespect to OTH or Southern Breakers, but if you don't have at least 24 players on your list by now, there are issues, so I feel you don't belong in a league where there are clubs that have the capability of fielding 4 teams.
The SAASL has to do the right thing now, put a cap on teams joining the league and perhaps look at strengthening these poor clubs that dont have players.
Sorry for the rant but this has been going on for years and the same mistakes are still happening.
:?
I think it's a bit harsh to bag Breakers out and then go on and excuse Hahndorf a few posts later for the exact same thing (almost dropping to one team).

You try rallying players for a team out at Pt Elliot - not the easiest thing to do, but I'm sure you guys just as everyone else were pretty surprised and respecting of what Breakers achieved last year. I think they deserve to be where they are and should be given support to carry on, not bagged. They are just as much a heritage team as Hahndorf are.

I'm sure they'll just do what Budapest used to and field a 73 year old in their side!

mooks1304
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mooks1304 »

I don't think he was excusing us. We'd have never expected to stay in a Firsts & Reserves league but only field one side.

Good luck to OTH and Breakers this year. Both great clubs. My advice is to stick at it with both teams. So you play a few days with guys playing two games.. it'll galvanize the squad and you'll be surprised who comes out of the woodwork once the season starts. However if you only intend to put out one side, move back to a one side league.
Flat Caps And False Nines. A Football Blog.
www.flatcapsandfalsenines.com

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

That's fantastic Otto! Your club shows true character and all the power and good wishes to OTH this season!
Sorry Lucas Leiva, what I meant was that if Hahndorf could only field one team in the league, they would naturally drop themselves down to a lower league. I never wanted to come across as bagging other clubs, I feel sorry that they are in this situation. Cougars have been there before and morale around the club was average to say the least. I have all the respect in the world for the Breakers. Beautiful, hospitable people with some good players as well!! They are survivors, I'm sure they will do well enough to stay up! I'm suprised like you that both teams are in this situation, Breakers contenders for div 1 last year and OTH so successful in such a short time.
Good luck to Vipers in 2014.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

COUGARS V STIRLING
GLEESON V ADEL VILLA
MA HAWKS V SOUTHERN BREAKERS
FLINDERS V SALS VILLA
ONE TREE HILL V ADEL PUMAS

Cougars to be Champs with Villa, Flinders and Stirling fighting it out for 2nd place.
Guess only of course.

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

Cougars vs Stirling - two teams that will be around the promotion spots at the end of the year. Draw
Gleeson vs Villa - Villa look the team to beat this year by reports, should beat Gleeson by a couple
MA Hawks vs Breakers- Think Hawks at home might shade this one, by a goal
Flinders vs S Villa - S Villa to grind out a close win on the road against a newly promoted team.
OTH vs Pumas - Pumas to win with a couple late goals.

KimTF06
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by KimTF06 »

I went down to the league today and the didn't know anything about OTH having a B team, could someone from OTH please get in touch with the league and let them know.
Come on Flinders!

lufc02
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by lufc02 »

KimTF06 wrote:I went down to the league today and the didn't know anything about OTH having a B team, could someone from OTH please get in touch with the league and let them know.
The league has confirmed with pumas and the refs that we are fielding both As and Bs :-)

Toffeeman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Toffeeman »

From us here at Salisbury Villa, we'd like to wish all the teams competing in Div 2 the best of luck this season.

- Adelaide Villa will be strong, and no doubt itching to get back into Div 1 - looking forward to playing them at their new facilities, and best of luck with that (looking forward to the return of the "Villa Derby's"!)
- Cougars, who IMO were extremely unlucky not to be promoted last season, will no doubt have another strong season
- MA Hawks will be no "slouch's" coming down from Div 1 and will have to be in the mix for promotion also
- Stirling are always tough to beat (for us in particular!) and especially at home
- Adelaide Pumas are always tricky, with some great results last season against clubs higher in the table
- Gleeson really improved in the second half of last season, and will be looking to consolidate in their second year in Div 2
- Southern Breakers are another tough team to beat in particular on the road (we hope you can get a reserves side together
guys - was a pleasure hosting you last season)
- Flinders, by all pre-season reports will not be push overs this season
- One Tree Hill have pulled together by what I've read on this thread and may surprise a few this season

Also, on a side note, we'd like to take this opportunity to welcome all teams to our club, and we will be putting on food after our home games for your teams and you are more than welcome to come in for a bite and a beer after the games are done. No doubt we'll have the footy on in the Club Hall on the big screen most weekends also.

Once again, all the best.

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

All the best to Everyone at Salisbury Villa this year Toffeeman! Gonna be a ripper year! 3 days to go!

Ref I got the ball
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ref I got the ball »

I am a spokesperson from Southern Breakers.
It is true we are short on numbers this season, due to no reason other than players leaving the area or not playing anymore.
We have approached the League to play with one team in a lower division but they said this is not possible, we are now slowly picking up more players and utilising our under 17's for the first few weeks of the season.
We are trying our best to get 2 teams on the pitch every round still.
On behalf of our club we apologise to all Division 2 clubs involved and we are trying everything to remedy the situation.
Also if there are any players who are not playing with any team at the moment and interested in a game at our friendly club please call our club contact in the yearbook.