Sunday Premier Div 1 - final standings prediction

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Sunday Premier Div 1 - final standings prediction

Post by Knight15 »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
You Too wrote:Knights won't be relegated
Having seen a couple of their games, albeit only preseason, they would be favourites for the drop.
Fair assumption we have picked up a few since the pre-season comp, however I would agree, by rights we would be favourites for the drop but we were last year as well
Are you Bodo in disguise?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Knowing the quality of division 1 and seeing the Knights play, is the basis for my assumption. Which team would you suggest are favourites for the drop then?
Unless the standard has dramatically dropped since last year, I stand by my comment.
The bottom two....
How do you know the 'current' quality of the Sunday Premier Division...I 'expect' or 'assume' the quality is very good, I've seen a few of them play over the years....but I don't 'know' what the quality of all other 9 teams will be in 2014. Assuming you were playing at the same time, apart from Cup games, how many Sunday Premier Division teams or games did you see last year, or the year before ?
Like I said, we know traditionally it is tough Division.....at this stage Knights have no idea where they sit on that level of toughness.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

swannsong wrote:
Hatchet Squad wrote:Knowing the quality of division 1 and seeing the Knights play, is the basis for my assumption. Which team would you suggest are favourites for the drop then?
Unless the standard has dramatically dropped since last year, I stand by my comment.
The bottom two....
How do you know the 'current' quality of the Sunday Premier Division...I 'expect' or 'assume' the quality is very good, I've seen a few of them play over the years....but I don't 'know' what the quality of all other 9 teams will be in 2014. Assuming you were playing at the same time, apart from Cup games, how many Sunday Premier Division teams or games did you see last year, or the year before ?
Like I said, we know traditionally it is tough Division.....at this stage Knights have no idea where they sit on that level of toughness.
Ok, no need to get defensive about your prospects this year. I don't want to get into a chest beating exercise on who's watched the most premier league games because as you are aware I play in the lower leagues of Sunday football. All's I am saying is that I don't expect Knights to stay in division 1 this year based on what I've seen of them. Why haven't you slated anyone else for tipping them to finish bottom?
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
swannsong wrote:
The bottom two....
Ok, no need to get defensive about your prospects this year. I don't want to get into a chest beating exercise on who's watched the most premier league games because as you are aware I play in the lower leagues of Sunday football. All's I am saying is that I don't expect Knights to stay in division 1 this year based on what I've seen of them. Why haven't you slated anyone else for tipping them to finish bottom?
Be thankful you didn't say anything about the downs as well otherwise you really would have gotten his panties in a bunch....
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Black_Panther wrote:
Be thankful you didn't say anything about the downs as well otherwise you really would have gotten his panties in a bunch....
Im sure the Downs will be there or thereabouts come the point end of the season.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Hatchet Squad wrote: Ok, no need to get defensive about your prospects this year. I don't want to get into a chest beating exercise on who's watched the most premier league games because as you are aware I play in the lower leagues of Sunday football. All's I am saying is that I don't expect Knights to stay in division 1 this year based on what I've seen of them. Why haven't you slated anyone else for tipping them to finish bottom?
I guess you missed my previous post....not really 'defending' Knights, just think it's all a guessing game based on history and hunches :D
swannsong wrote:Would only be guessing or hoping about league standings at this stage...just like last year when Knights were tipped to be relegated from Division 2....haven't really got an idea or feel where our Northern counterparts + West Beach are at performance wise...we will take things one game at at time..........and pray a lot :)

*Sad for Knights to lose Jimmy Stewart to Saturday side Wanderers...will do well there, exceptional talent and a great character. Hopefully the few we 'appear' to have picked up. and potential others, will add some quality and depth for the hard battle ahead.
Black_Panther wrote: Be thankful you didn't say anything about the downs as well otherwise you really would have gotten his panties in a bunch....
After 45 years at or associated with the Downs I wear my heart on my sleeve as most would know....at the moment I am concentrating on the other sleeve :wink:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Until the recent pick ups by Southern Knights alot would have thought they would be easy fodder in the Premier Division .But the few additions will change that Knights have been known to be very poor during pre season .....

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

bloodypassit wrote:Until the recent pick ups by Southern Knights alot would have thought they would be easy fodder in the Premier Division .But the few additions will change that Knights have been known to be very poor during pre season .....
Lost a few key players too :( ....will be a huge task to stay up but it would be great to maintain a Southern presence in one of the two SAASL Premier Divisions....
And somewhere, without the luxury of our own bar or canteen we have to generate about $3000 for the years referees fees :(
Last edited by swannsong on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

Gardens
Florina
Downs
Farm
Westies
Inter
Vista
Southern Kights
West Beach
Vale
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

I am Costanza wrote:Gardens
Florina
Downs
Farm
Westies
Inter
Vista
Southern Kights
West Beach
Vale
Might be alittle high for Florina.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Uncle Cracker wrote:
I am Costanza wrote:Gardens
Florina
Downs
Farm
Westies
Inter
Vista
Southern Kights
West Beach
Vale
Might be alittle high for Florina.
We wouldnt want to see you any higher.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

I saw one game last year and none in the preseason so I'm probably best to comment :lol:

Downs and Gardens the teams to beat
Farm, Inter pushing them
Florina & Westies to give everyone a very good run for their money
Vale and Vista to be inconsistent, beat teams that surprise lose, lose ones they shouldn't.
Beach could be the ones to struggle but they put up a fight every time you play them, that's just who they are.
Unknown is Southern Knights. Could finish bottom, could finish as high as third. Wouldn't want to under estimate them.

Salts
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Salts »

Gardens
Farm
Inter
Downs
Westies
Vista
Beach
Knights
Florina
Vale

All uneducated guesses of course. Have only seen inter and downs last night over pre season.

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

Farm
Downs
Gardens
Inter
Westies
Knights
Beach
Florina
Vale
Vista

Farmers to host the biggest party ever seen in the Amateur league. The faith shown to Simmo after last years horrific start returns in spades. Is there anyone out there who would not want to see Simmo finally get the choclates?

#WHOAREYA
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by #WHOAREYA »

My top 5. Downs, gardens, farm ,vista, vale

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

You Too wrote: Farmers to host the biggest party ever seen in the Amateur league.
...."biggest party ever seen"? With all 15 of your supporters?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Fact Hunt wrote:
You Too wrote: Farmers to host the biggest party ever seen in the Amateur league.
...."biggest party ever seen"? With all 15 of your supporters?
You don't get outside often do you

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

^ Relax Jay I reckon he's just poking fun at the numbers seen at the Farm- you've got to admit that many may struggle to get there on a Sunday - I don't suppose even you will get there too many times this season!
Genuinely sorry to hear about the delays to the club room developments though if what Robbo posted is true.

Kickittome
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Kickittome »

Gardens
Downs
Florina
Inter
Westies
Farm
Vista
Vale
Knights
Beach

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

:D
Always hated 'predictions' .... Been a tough year for Southern Knights...lots of travelling, a few big lessons from some of the 'bigger' teams....to finish the season on 20 points in 6th position may not seem much of an achievement to most clubs but is of great credit to Jim McGuinness and the players at Southern Knights.
We have tried to be competitive on the park and to make visitors welcome off the park after the game.
Not bad for a bunch of lads that just want to play football and pay $5 per game to get on the park for the love of the game.
Congrats to Elizabeth Downs on their 2014 SAASL Sunday Premier Division title and to Ingle Farm Reserves for their Reserve Division title.
However, more importantly....'We're staying up!'

Hullcityafc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hullcityafc »

Great to see everyone had West a Beach down for relegation.......proved a lot of doubters wrong.....well done boys :-)

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Against the odds, the tipsters, naysayers etc Southern Knights get another chance in the Sunday Premier Division for 2015.
Once again we will be looking to bolster our teams with players wanting to challenge some of the bigger more established Clubs out there.
We would love to field a 3rd. side (C-Team or over 35s in 2015 dependent on numbers, ground availability and someone to take charge of running the team).
Also, we are a Club that, due to sharing facilities with several other users, relies heavily on sponsorship to get us over the line each year.
Any potential sponsor would receive generous exposure through our facebook group and page, through photographs on the forum (averaging about 500 views per week), and through signage at the shared facility.
If interested, PM me and I can either provide more information or arrange to meet and discuss options.)