Sat Div 7

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

SFR
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Sat Div 7

Post by SFR »

Thanks spooky for the update, we would be interested in a midweek game or a catch up on the cup round. What seems to be best option for you guys. PM me an we can work out some details if you are interested.

SFR
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SFR »

Munno Para 10 - Monarchs 0, good game for Munno para and well done to Monarchs for not giving up and kept the pressure going.

Thanks to the Monarchs boys for coming in for a feed and some drinks.

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

Mt Compass 2 - 0 (forfeit) Red Blue Eagles

Dissapointed that Red Blue Eagles didn't have the decency to contact us and advise they were not coming. Had we known we wouldn't be out of pocket for food, referees fees and grounds preparation costs.

Thanks for that, not! Didn't even respond to my calls after 2pm when there was no show. If you can't field a team, and can't be arsed to contact the other club, do us all a favour and withdraw!

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Piss poor, should be fined

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

DonDownUnder wrote:Mt Compass 2 - 0 (forfeit) Red Blue Eagles

Dissapointed that Red Blue Eagles didn't have the decency to contact us and advise they were not coming. Had we known we wouldn't be out of pocket for food, referees fees and grounds preparation costs.

Thanks for that, not! Didn't even respond to my calls after 2pm when there was no show. If you can't field a team, and can't be arsed to contact the other club, do us all a favour and withdraw!
shouldn't have cost you refs fees as you shouldn't have had to pay him.

Metal Face
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Metal Face »

The MP juggernaut just keeps on rolling on like a well oiled machine

jonah
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jonah »

Surely ARBE have to be kicked out of the league?! what is it 3 forfeits already? and last of which didn't bother to contact the other team, that is bollocks.
Not only is it unfair for all other teams because they train, and look forward all week to play and enjoy their football on a Saturday and so many other reasons. but a lot of players organise their lives and work loves around their game on the Saturday which get ruined when teams forfeit. It's not good enough!

MPCFC

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

i believe they have pulled out the team

gmember
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by gmember »

God is an Englishman wrote:

shouldn't have cost you refs fees as you shouldn't have had to pay him.
I believe compass use an official ref for their home games, if ref travelled from Adelaide maybe he gets paid regardless due to travel time.

mutu24
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mutu24 »

As a member of the ARBEFC I would like to apologise to Mt. Compass on the weekends events.

We as a committee decided on Tuesday to pull the C2 team, as even though we have 67 registered saturday players the lack of commitment has shown with 29 boys unavailable this weekend. We discussed with SAASL about pulling out team and were told needed 10 days notice. Therefore decision be made today/tomorrow as this weekend is a bye.

We also completed the steps on Tuesday to let Mt. Compass know we were forfeiting our team and possibly removing from league, however their must of been a breakdown in communication and we are sorry for putting you guys out.

In re of contacting us, our president was away over the weekend for work which the the contact details available.

again on behalf of the club we are sorry.

Token
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Token »

SFR wrote:Munno Para 10 - Monarchs 0, good game for Munno para and well done to Monarchs for not giving up and kept the pressure going.

Thanks to the Monarchs boys for coming in for a feed and some drinks.
Thanks for the hospitality and well done on the win.

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

mutu24 wrote:

As a member of the ARBEFC I would like to apologise to Mt. Compass on the weekends events.

We as a committee decided on Tuesday to pull the C2 team, as even though we have 67 registered saturday players the lack of commitment has shown with 29 boys unavailable this weekend. We discussed with SAASL about pulling out team and were told needed 10 days notice. Therefore decision be made today/tomorrow as this weekend is a bye.

We also completed the steps on Tuesday to let Mt. Compass know we were forfeiting our team and possibly removing from league, however their must of been a breakdown in communication and we are sorry for putting you guys out.

In re of contacting us, our president was away over the weekend for work which the the contact details available.

again on behalf of the club we are sorry.
I appreciate the sentiments.

That said, if you had indeed advised the SAASL of your intentions, why did the the SAASL arrange an official referee (which is usually done Wednesday through Friday)?

That's obviously something that we will take up with them.

Anyway, it's all water under the bridge now. Good luck with improving the committment for the rest of the season, it can be difficult.

Looks like there will be a bye back in the fixtures.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

gmember wrote:I believe compass use an official ref for their home games, if ref travelled from Adelaide maybe he gets paid regardless due to travel time.
I was under the impression that in these circumstances the league paid the ref and it comes out of RBE's money.

Make sure the league are aware so you can be reimbursed (if I am right that is).

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

when are you ever wrong GIAE?!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

PDog wrote:when are you ever wrong GIAE?!

It has been known on occasions eg. I said I DO once.

You can tell when I'm not sure as I'll use phrases like I think or I believe, or I was under the impression.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

all in the wording eh...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

PDog wrote:all in the wording eh...
:D

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

God is an Englishman wrote:
PDog wrote:when are you ever wrong GIAE?!

It has been known on occasions eg. I said I DO once.

You can tell when I'm not sure as I'll use phrases like I think or I believe, or I was under the impression.
:lol:

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

BOSA 5 - 2 Mt Compass

The Cows were badly found wanting away to BOSA in the rearranged fixture. Early season promise may have been just that.
It won't get any easier this week as we go to high flying Munno Para who apparently only need to turn up to win at the moment!

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by On The Pine »

DonDownUnder wrote:BOSA 5 - 2 Mt Compass

The Cows were badly found wanting away to BOSA in the rearranged fixture. Early season promise may have been just that.
It won't get any easier this week as we go to high flying Munno Para who apparently only need to turn up to win at the moment!
Ha, seeing as we have only played three games and are not even halfway through the first half of the fixture I think that is a bit premature.

We have had a few good results, but two of those teams aren't off the mark (RBE was a win by forfeit obviously) and another is 1W from 4.

After two byes in three weeks I can't wait till the weekend, hopefully it is a good game! Also let your boys know that we usually throw on some food after the game and we would love them to come in for a beer and a feed before you start the long drive home.

Cheers

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

We're aware of your hospitality and intend to hang around for a beer after the game. I'm looking forward to it.

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

Munno Para 1 - 2 Mt Compass

A very well contested match which could have gone either way. MP pushed right to the end and never gave up. I'm looking forward to the return game already.

Thanks to MP for the food after the game. Always appreciated.

SFR
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SFR »

A
Last edited by SFR on Sun May 18, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SFR
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SFR »

A good game yesterday with Compass taking the points, being 2-0 up with a last push Munno Para got a goal with around 15 to go. Para had a few chances in the last 15 mins with shots going wide or being saved. Game could have easily been a draw but well done to Compass for holding on to the win.

A big thanks to Compass for coming in for a feed and drinks, a good bunch of lads.

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

Mt Compass P vs P Monarchs

Match postponed.

Monarchs can't field a side. Rescheduled to the next cup round on 12/7/14.

Metal Face
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Metal Face »

Munno Para 6-1 Northern Pitbulls

SFR
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SFR »

Scholesy wrote:Munno Para 6-1 Northern Pitbulls
Thanks to Pitbulls for rocking up to play as they are short of players through their entire squad. They played in good spirit the whole game.
special comment to Pitbulls kepper, every time he made a save he would yell "ooh sexy kepper" had us and the crowd in laughter all day. The funniest thing i have seen in a long time.
Good luck for rest of season.

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

Mt Compass 1 - 3 Titans

A tight game with few real chances at either end. Titans were simply fitter in the end. Looking forward to the return.

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

Early result;

Nthn Pitbulls have forfeited this morning citing player call offs, so a 2-0 win for the Cows.

We'd rather play but have already got monarchs rearranged so no free week. Calling off on a Friday is a joke! We have yet to play consecutively this season. At least some earlier notice would have allowed us to arrange something for tomorrow's Australia game. Surely players know before Friday morning that they are unavailable.

hatzipp
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by hatzipp »

Bosa 5 Monarchs 2

Entertaining game. Monarchs have a few young players that really caused BOSA a bit of strife. The game was stopped midway through the second half with two players showing full committment only to come away with bad cuts on their heads. Big credit to the Monarchs medical team who showed absolute professionalism for both players. Both went to hospital and required stitches. . BOSA playing the remaining with 10 men due to no subs but did well to ride out the game.