how good r PHE??

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

da man
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

how good r PHE??

Post by da man »

Has anyone played PHE this year?? They look impressive from their results. Who are their good players and are there any weak links in the team? Everyone has them and ingle farm as contenders for promotion, but not much has been said on the forum about them.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

As good as last year..

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

the old bloke runnin the show and one NEW old bloke on the park are enough for the east to be favourites

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

they will be around the mark - top 3 but in which order dont know.

we played them in 1st game and lost 6-3 but that result flattered them big time.

we were up 2-0 inside 10mins and then 15 mins of madness where own goal and penalty that was re-taken when it was missed cos the ref was a chardonnay and 3 other tap in goals and we were 5-2 down.

They r good and Gary Aitken gives them something extra this year but close him down and Krollig (albino looking striker - white hair, white eyebrows) and they will struggle - they r the 2 who need to be stopped.

but defintely will be around the mark - we r hanging for the re-match in round 10.

da man
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by da man »

I would say by the sounds of it you actually got out played. Not much credit given to a top two side. You gave away a two goal lead and let 6 in!!! No one else to blame but yourselves. So any other names or numbers which would be good to shut down?

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

yes outplayed for 15 mins and cost us the match but like I said we will not be scared of them next time we play.

it was a high quality match which was marred by the worst refreeing performance of all time but it is history and they were the better team on the day.

the 2 I mentioned r the players that must be stopped - Krollig the centre forward white hair, white eyebrows and Gary Aitken who plays in midfield - u stop them 2 from having influence on the match and u will go a long way towards getting a result.

very quick flank players as well so u must have pace on ur flanks to counter that.

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

hit them fast from the flanks, close down the midfield and stop them getting the ball up to the front man early and they are nullified. They play the game hard and deserve credit for trying to play football and not getting involved in the crap that some teams bring to the football field. They deserved to win against Fulham because the home team threw the game with dreadful mistakes.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

robinfriday wrote:the old bloke runnin the show and one NEW old bloke on the park are enough for the east to be favourites
Who are the two people you are referring to?

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

If you make too many mistakes in FOOTBALL games you deseve to lose.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

avenell_road wrote:
robinfriday wrote:the old bloke runnin the show and one NEW old bloke on the park are enough for the east to be favourites
Who are the two people you are referring to?
The old bloke runnin the show = Keith Ryan

The new old bloke on the park = Gary Aitken

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Absolute champion coach Keith. He definately brings in a great feel again to the club. Last year was horrible with another coach no one respected. Everyone wants to play for the coach and the club this year which definatley make a difference in my books. Atiken has proven himself with Modbury Jets and PHE for many years now he is quality player. There is now a great bunch of lads with almost 3 years of all playing together. Few other good handy additions and it makes for a great mix of players.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

phe seems to be the team to beat

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Swingers!!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

just hit atkin early and he will go crying home to his mummy. likes to play dirty but cant take it in return

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Well done Macedonia, seems you played well. My earlier comments were accurate i am starting to think i might know a thing or two about the game. :wink:

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: how good r PHE??

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

da man wrote:Has anyone played PHE this year?? They look impressive from their results. Who are their good players and are there any weak links in the team? Everyone has them and ingle farm as contenders for promotion, but not much has been said on the forum about them.
They are shite 8)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

with a new signing from parafield they should be even stronger.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

robinfriday wrote:with a new signing from parafield they should be even stronger.
Who? Stevie Ingham?

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Care to elaborate RobinFriday?

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

despite the fact that vista(without their 2 best & fairest players from last year injured & their leading goal scoring MJ playing b's) won and you guys still rate PHE. Granted good side but you guys are saying with limited players they win easy, find it hard to believe. Where was Aitken on the weekend, former pop sensation Robbi Williams had his measure all game. Guys get over yourselves!!!!!!

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

sweet mate productions wrote:despite the fact that vista(without their 2 best & fairest players from last year injured & their leading goal scoring MJ playing b's) won and you guys still rate PHE. Granted good side but you guys are saying with limited players they win easy, find it hard to believe. Where was Aitken on the weekend, former pop sensation Robbi Williams had his measure all game. Guys get over yourselves!!!!!!
Even though we thoroughly outplayed them on the weekend, I still rate PHE as a good team by Division 2 standards. They will be in the mixer for sure come the end of the season. However, on Sunday we played very well and did not allow them to find any rythym.

Have to question their depth mind you, they had very little to bring off the bench towards the end. This could be telling as the season wears on. Depth is one thing Vista have in abundance this year.

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

agreed and as stated they are a good side. But a few highlight players that did not stand up for them on weekend and depth, for sure this year with fantastic juniors at vista, this a key ingredient

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

How can you not rate us Sweet Mate?? Have you seen our line up?? We have got a very very strong squad. The reserves have players who can step up, but it just didn't happen. Two years ago we won the DIV 1 Championship and three years ago we won the DIV 2 championship! We have a better squad than those years.
Back in those days it was Budapest, Lion and Bosna etc etc fighting it out with us. We would probably have more tittles than most if not all clubs in the amatuer league!!!!! Things just didn't work right for us on the weekend. You just keep flapping your big mouth off and we will see at the end of the season. Y dont u guys conentrate on getting yourselves promoted. You haven't done that for a while. Come back to me when you've played in DIV 1!!

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

with a new signing from parafield they should be even stronger.

Who is this?? I dont know of anyone??

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

East Boy wrote:How can you not rate us Sweet Mate?? Have you seen our line up?? We have got a very very strong squad. The reserves have players who can step up, but it just didn't happen. Two years ago we won the DIV 1 Championship and three years ago we won the DIV 2 championship! We have a better squad than those years.Back in those days it was Budapest, Lion and Bosna etc etc fighting it out with us. We would probably have more tittles than most if not all clubs in the amatuer league!!!!! Things just didn't work right for us on the weekend. You just keep flapping your big mouth off and we will see at the end of the season. Y dont u guys conentrate on getting yourselves promoted. You haven't done that for a while. Come back to me when you've played in DIV 1!!

Back when you won Div 1 you had Kirk in goal who is far superior to your current 'keeper, the Locke brothers, Vidakovic, Hassell, and a fully fit Shaun Mathieson (Have I forgotten anyone?). That team was better than your current team even though, as I said, I think you have a good division 2 team now.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Granted that was a great team. I was in it!! And yes you forgot me!! :roll: :lol: I think the only difference then was we had some players who could make a real impact on the game. Wether it was a Vidakovic screamer or a Andy Locke huge tackle. It just seems we are lacking in something, like these two can bring. Our team this year does lack in a keeper. Have done since Kirky left. But we have gained players. Tell me this is a bad team, who most teams would love to have some of them! Aitken, Owen, Wade, Jonesy, A & C saggs, Dunty, Krollig, Luke Thomas, Choppy. Most of these guys have played 1st team feds or close to it.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

East Boy wrote:Granted that was a great team. I was in it!! And yes you forgot me!! :roll: :lol: I think the only difference then was we had some players who could make a real impact on the game. Wether it was a Vidakovic screamer or a Andy Locke huge tackle. It just seems we are lacking in something, like these two can bring. Our team this year does lack in a keeper. Have done since Kirky left. But we have gained players. Tell me this is a bad team, who most teams would love to have some of them! Aitken, Owen, Wade, Jonesy, A & C saggs, Dunty, Krollig, Luke Thomas, Choppy. Most of these guys have played 1st team feds or close to it.
I only mentioned the players in your 2003 team that are not in your current team, hence the fact I did not mention your good self.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Well after 2 loses already, maybe they're not as good as they think they are. In most seasons 3 loses or more means that you miss out on promotion - so maybe they are on the edge already. But Div 2 does look to be pretty competitive at the moment.

It'll be interesting to see how they bounce back after the Cup round.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

how good r PHE???

no better or worse than 4 or 5 other teams in DIV 2.

On there day can blitz but on their off day can be beaten like any other team.

Last time we were in DIV 2 the DIV had 12 teams and it was not as even as it is now with 10 teams - much more even now.

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

How good are PHE?

Post by sidopolous »

Most competetive I have seen Div2. Early in the season but a win or loss can see you go up or down 3 or 4 positions. Great for amateur league :)