elizabeth grove cup game

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

anfield road
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

elizabeth grove cup game

Post by anfield road »

the grove beat Chilean 9 - 2 this evening at Ramsay park.

that's 18 goals in 2 games not a bad effort.

the boys are looking forward to a good test with Brahma this week.

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Brown paper bag crew »

Who's scoring all the goals AR? last I heard there was a mass exodus down there at the start of seaosn? must have picked up a few players since?

should be a good game this week, looking forward to it

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

yeah especially after brad went back to playford! played you guys last yr and both were highly entertaining! fierce local derby

anfield road
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by anfield road »

a couple from playford and some young lads who played b grade last year.

the mass exodus was about 6 players who have joined northern united only 3 of those played first team and only 1 should have been.

we are also looking forward to the game as it is hard to judge at this stage where we are at.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

anfield road wrote:a couple from playford and some young lads who played b grade last year.

the mass exodus was about 6 players who have joined northern united only 3 of those played first team and only 1 should have been.
we are also looking forward to the game as it is hard to judge at this stage where we are at.

Anfield road,

I take it the 3 first team players that have left are Butler, Gray and
Atterwell. Which two in your opinion shouldnt of been in the first team??

I think with the team the grove had last season they all deserved their
places in the team.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: elizabeth grove cup game

Post by Uncle Cracker »

anfield road wrote:the grove beat Chilean 9 - 2 this evening at Ramsay park.
that's 18 goals in 2 games not a bad effort.

the boys are looking forward to a good test with Brahma this week.
Was that a catch up game for the League or Cup??

anfield road
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by anfield road »

it was a cup game

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

uncle cracker wrote:
anfield road wrote:a couple from playford and some young lads who played b grade last year.

Anfield road,

I take it the 3 first team players that have left are Butler, Gray and
Atterwell. Which two in your opinion shouldnt of been in the first team??

I think with the team the grove had last season they all deserved their
places in the team.
Uncle Cracker,
Mark Attewell would have been the only player who deserved a regular spot in the first team last year, Steve Gray, well after 5 ordinary games, his missus wouldn't let him play anymore due to getting a rub down from our MILF trainer and as for Gary Butler, good bloke who really struggled until about round 12, most clubs would have dropped him to the reserves.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Good result for the Grove though Africa United All Stars should be a bigger test, any one seen them play :?:

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Dicanio wrote:Good result for the Grove though Africa United All Stars should be a bigger test, any one seen them play :?:
Haven't seen them play but from what I've heard the Grove will be making an early exit form the cup this season.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

avenell_road wrote:
Dicanio wrote:Good result for the Grove though Africa United All Stars should be a bigger test, any one seen them play :?:
Haven't seen them play but from what I've heard the Grove will be making an early exit form the cup this season.
I'm sure it will be a tough game for the grove but i reckon they'll get through. Would av rather got potential div 2 relegation battlers such as vista but thats just the luck of the draw. Maybe next round if ya can scrape in past Budapest :lol:

Captain Marvel
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Captain Marvel »

My money is on neither Grove or Vista making the next round :twisted:
"If I'd had 11 substitutes at half-time I'd have put them all on"

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Captain Marvel wrote:My money is on neither Grove or Vista making the next round :twisted:
My money is on captain Marvel getting sacked by West Brom cos he doesn't know what he's on about :twisted:

Captain Marvel
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Captain Marvel »

Hey Dicanio - I've seen AU play and they are impressive going forward. hey have a particularly strong forward called Sabt Wik who will score more goals this season than most teams and a lad in midfield called Shakespeare Piol who has already written the script for Grove and it will be a tragedy.

As for Avenall's Vista - Budapest look equally capable and will be Hungary to prove a point. I stand by my original prediction. No hard feelings Dicanio but these lads are going to be something special. :shock: :shock:

Captain Marvel
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Captain Marvel »

See the Grove and Vista had good results at the weekend. Perhaps my prediction could go a bit wrong?? :lol: Still not sure Grove centre half will cope with AU's feisty frontrunners though.

anfield road
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by anfield road »

he was replaced on sunday by a far superior athlete so all is ok :lol:

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Captain Marvel wrote:Hey Dicanio - I've seen AU play and they are impressive going forward. hey have a particularly strong forward called Sabt Wik who will score more goals this season than most teams and a lad in midfield called Shakespeare Piol who has already written the script for Grove and it will be a tragedy.

As for Avenall's Vista - Budapest look equally capable and will be Hungary to prove a point. I stand by my original prediction. No hard feelings Dicanio but these lads are going to be something special. :shock: :shock:
I excuse the Puns....and the fact that your opinion regarding Vista is way off the mark.....even though you are spot on about the Grove. :D

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

anfield road wrote:he was replaced on sunday by a far superior athlete so all is ok :lol:
lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

avenell_road wrote:
Captain Marvel wrote:Hey Dicanio - I've seen AU play and they are impressive going forward. hey have a particularly strong forward called Sabt Wik who will score more goals this season than most teams and a lad in midfield called Shakespeare Piol who has already written the script for Grove and it will be a tragedy.

I excuse the Puns....and the fact that your opinion regarding Vista is way off the mark.....even though you are spot on about the Grove. :D
I will reserve judgement on vista until I see em play this saturday. Cmon Budapest :!:

Captain Marvel
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Captain Marvel »

he was replaced on sunday by a far superior athlete so all is ok
Sorry Anfield Road - my mistake. Just never thought there were any athletes at the Grove :lol:

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Captain Marvel wrote:My money is on neither Grove or Vista making the next round :twisted:
Wrong and wrong any more predictions captain marvel?
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio