GARDENS VS DOWNS

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

steve11
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

GARDENS VS DOWNS

Post by steve11 »

Big game this sunday :D

Gardens 3-1

Ricky Tan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: GARDENS VS DOWNS

Post by Ricky Tan »

This will be a great game.

My tip is the gardens 2-0.

bert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bert »

My tip is downs 3 ~1 quality will show out this week
played4ever

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Game to be postponed due to unplayable surface :lol:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

swannsong wrote:Game to be postponed due to unplayable surface :lol:
Good one swanny youve just given some silly Mong an idea to drive his HQ down Bradman Road for some circle work :roll:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

lefty wrote:
Good one swanny youve just given some silly Mong an idea to drive his HQ down Bradman Road for some circle work :roll:
I was referring to the current weather patterns....Keep an all night vigil down there just in case !
Seriously, no one would want it postponed ?

Parafield Gardens Self Help Fundraising Video

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

swannsong wrote:
lefty wrote:
I was referring to the current weather patterns....Keep an all night vigil down there just in case !
Seriously, no one would want it postponed ?

Parafield Gardens Self Help Fundraising Video
That looks like Rodent - happy to donate to help him get over his addiction.

Prince Nuggett
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Prince Nuggett »

lefty wrote:
You're assuming they have licenses........or a car.

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

You ever been to Elizabeth City Centre? They have hundreds of cars.

big tackle
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by big tackle »

Well seen as this is the mouthwatering encounter I have been informed to go to by you chaps, I am making the effort to get there to sample some of this atmosphere! Hope it lives up to the hype on here you know.

I know I could look it up myself, but I'll end up finding the wrong info like, so what's the address of the ground?

sufc13s
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sufc13s »

big tackle wrote:Well seen as this is the mouthwatering encounter I have been informed to go to by you chaps, I am making the effort to get there to sample some of this atmosphere! Hope it lives up to the hype on here you know.

I know I could look it up myself, but I'll end up finding the wrong info like, so what's the address of the ground?
1395 main north rd para hills west

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

lefty wrote:
Pretty sure ORB wouldn't want his shiny Audi muddied unnecessarily.

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

sufc13s wrote:
big tackle wrote:Well seen as this is the mouthwatering encounter I have been informed to go to by you chaps, I am making the effort to get there to sample some of this atmosphere! Hope it lives up to the hype on here you know.

1395 main north rd para hills west
school holidays - looks like the kid's got hold of his old man's password again.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

sirstevieg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sirstevieg »

Really just hope the referee doesn't ruin this game.... :evil:

Would it be fair to say whoever wins this game will probably go on & win the League?
We are Liverpool Football Club and the expectations are so high.
Steven Gerrard

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

sirstevieg wrote:Really just hope the referee doesn't ruin this game.... :evil:

Would it be fair to say whoever wins this game will probably go on & win the League?
long way to go yet !!!

seen both teams in the past two games, pretty even really, possibly favour Gardens but wouldn't be surprised with a draw

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

There's always an extra buzz about the place in the lead up to these encounters between Gardens & Mongs. Everyone out on the track this week wanting to have their part in it lots of talk about who's available. Be a quality game no doubt with both teams improving their squads & player depth from last season. Can't wait feels like finals fever.....GO U GARDENS!!!
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Prince Nuggett

Post by Prince Nuggett »

Should we make the effort to get to the reserves and watch gee kay stink it up?? Or should we just save ourselves for the main game??

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Save it for the main game Prince Muppet. Rodent is buying beers
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

gee_kay wrote:Save it for the main game Prince Muppet. Rodent is buying beers
Jnr Mong I will buy you 2 beers for every goal you score in the ressie game ..!! :wink:
Every Rat has his day !!

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Prince Nuggett wrote:Should we make the effort to get to the reserves and watch gee kay stink it up?? Or should we just save ourselves for the main game??
Or just show your face, northern end goals you can bag where's my thirty bucks man cans, bring the beers. Bet you don't prince turd......
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

big tackle
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by big tackle »

So will there be any tucker available at the game? Can usually get through a few pies, wash them down with some green king ipa. You know you lot have some average beers, haven't found a decent one yet you know, suppose its all wet tho!

Is it just snags? I hope not, I hope there is a selection, pies, steaks, burgers, you would think that the better clubs have the better hospitality, like Upton Park over The Den. And these are the two best clubs.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

big tackle wrote:So will there be any tucker available at the game? Can usually get through a few pies, wash them down with some green king ipa. You know you lot have some average beers, haven't found a decent one yet you know, suppose its all wet tho!

Is it just snags? I hope not, I hope there is a selection, pies, steaks, burgers, you would think that the better clubs have the better hospitality, like Upton Park over The Den. And these are the two best clubs.
They usually sell fruit mince pies down this way or a good feed of 2 minute noodles,home brand of course. Maybe try thier famous pineapple mince,which will then be turned into mondays curried mince. Unfortunately they only have 2 kinds of beer on sale match day.........
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

legga wrote:
big tackle wrote:So will there be any tucker available at the game? Can usually get through a few pies, wash them down with some green king ipa. You know you lot have some average beers, haven't found a decent one yet you know, suppose its all wet tho!

They usually sell fruit mince pies down this way or a good feed of 2 minute noodles,home brand of course. Maybe try thier famous pineapple mince,which will then be turned into mondays curried mince. Unfortunately they only have 2 kinds of beer on sale match day.........
Better than your PAL sliced up & sold as burgers & make that 3 beers if you include the ones you sell.

The famous Gardens burgers will be on sale & Im sure Mawson Lakes Hotel will be providing a caravan with ample room to stock up with plenty of beers including TED's :wink:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

lefty wrote:
legga wrote:

Better than your PAL sliced up & sold as burgers & make that 3 beers if you include the ones you sell.

The famous Gardens burgers will be on sale & Im sure Mawson Lakes Hotel will be providing a caravan with ample room to stock up with plenty of beers including TED's :wink:
Are you implying that the CHUM you use is better than PAL :D

Thought I might join in this banter !
Last edited by swannsong on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prince Nuggett

Post by Prince Nuggett »

lefty wrote:
legga wrote:

The burgers are rubbish!!

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

legga wrote:
Prince Nuggett wrote:Should we make the effort to get to the reserves and watch gee kay stink it up?? Or should we just save ourselves for the main game??
Or just show your face, northern end goals you can bag where's my thirty bucks man cans, bring the beers. Bet you don't prince turd......
If his sister lets him out Legga
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

you can only dream left nut you window licking black&gold munching 2 foot turd

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

swannsong wrote:
lefty wrote:
legga wrote: They usually sell fruit mince pies down this way or a good feed of 2 minute noodles,home brand of course. Maybe try thier famous pineapple mince,which will then be turned into mondays curried mince. Unfortunately they only have 2 kinds of beer on sale match day.........

Are you implying that the CHUM you use is better than PAL :D

Thought I might join in this banter !
Ahh Chum is so chumpy you can carve it

Prince Nuggett

Post by Prince Nuggett »

gee_kay wrote:
legga wrote:
If his sister lets him out Legga
My sister lets me out, it's your sister that won't leave me alone!!

Prince Nuggett

Post by Prince Nuggett »

legga wrote:
Your post has a hint of threatening nature about it Legga. Can my safety be guaranteed?? I would love to join you and your intelligent mates on Sunday arvo but it depends on the weather. If the ground is a bit water logged, I find it difficult to navigate my wheelchair through it. Here's hoping for a dry day. What beer should I grab for you??