SUNDAY RESULTS 7-7-2013

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

knight25
Apprentice
Apprentice

SUNDAY RESULTS 7-7-2013

Post by knight25 »

SOUTHERN KNIGHTS V BEOGRAD

B'S - BEOGRAD FORFEIT

A'S - BEOGRAD FORFEIT

Southern knights both teams rocked up to the ground to be told not enough players for beograd's b team.
The A team at this time was still going ahead. On arrival no Club open, 2:40 ref shows up and says the pitch is fine too play on. Beograd then forfeit. This was not their players fault. Both sides had full teams.
Who ever runs the club need to sort it out.

Porcupine
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: SUNDAY RESULTS 7-7-2013

Post by Porcupine »

Why weren't your club rooms open?
Pining for the pork of the porcupine

wato87
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by wato87 »

Phw v Downs A's
0-4

Guess Who
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Guess Who »

Salisbury florina vs Elizabeth grove

First team 1-1

Reserves 2-4

Guess Who
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Guess Who »

Tea tree gully vs Para hills east

First team 1-2

Bs 2-2

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Vista v Inter
C's 2 - 0
B's 1 - 4
A's 1 - 2

CelticCrane36
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CelticCrane36 »

Sunday Div 3

B Grade
Angle Vale 0-1 Raptors

A Grade
Angle Vale 3-2 Raptors.

Very interesting game. Very entertaining game.
Well in Vale on getting the points!

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Guess Who wrote:Salisbury florina vs Elizabeth grove

First team 1-1

Reserves 2-4
Correction

As 1-1
Bs 2-1 (Grove)
Cs 2-4 (Brahma)
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

A Team
Pontians 4 - Fulham 3

B
Pontians 1 - Fulham 3

C
Pontians 2 - Fulham 5 (C team coach just sent me a txt to say it was 5-2 win to Fulham - got told different when I got to the ground so not 2-2 hence the edit).
Last edited by bigpond on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prince Nuggett
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Prince Nuggett »

Popped out to the Downs Vs Westies game this afternoon, and let me firstly say a thank you to the Downs supporters for making me feel like an intelligent member of the community after being surrounded by you guys for 90 mins.

Downs comfortably won the game 4-0, but if it wasn't for the Westies keeper, the score line could have been a lot worse. He was my pick for best on ground for both sides, not only for his goal saving ability, but also for the fact that he took his own goal kicks, something the Downs keeper can not do. The last time I saw an on field player take a goal kick was under 10's!!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Prince Nuggett wrote:Popped out to the Downs Vs Westies game this afternoon, and let me firstly say a thank you to the Downs supporters for making me feel like an intelligent member of the community after being surrounded by you guys for 90 mins.

Downs comfortably won the game 4-0, but if it wasn't for the Westies keeper, the score line could have been a lot worse. He was my pick for best on ground for both sides, not only for his goal saving ability, but also for the fact that he took his own goal kicks, something the Downs keeper can not do. The last time I saw an on field player take a goal kick was under 10's!!
Sometimes keepers have injuries that allow them to function as a shot stopper but hinder them taking goalkicks :)
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

machickenz
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by machickenz »

Ingle Farm vs Gardens
A - 0-1
B - 4-3
C - 1-2

Athelstone vs Gardens
C2 0-3 (Forfeit)

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

knight25 wrote:SOUTHERN KNIGHTS V BEOGRAD

B'S - BEOGRAD FORFEIT

A'S - BEOGRAD FORFEIT

Southern knights both teams rocked up to the ground to be told not enough players for beograd's b team.
The A team at this time was still going ahead. On arrival no Club open, 2:40 ref shows up and says the pitch is fine too play on. Beograd then forfeit. This was not their players fault. Both sides had full teams.
Despite all the to and froing and communication with SAASL and the referee (and his assessor Donald Campbell) I will wait for conformation from SAASL Management Committee before confirming a forfeit...

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

Prince Nuggett wrote:Popped out to the Downs Vs Westies game this afternoon, and let me firstly say a thank you to the Downs supporters for making me feel like an intelligent member of the community after being surrounded by you guys for 90 mins.

Downs keeper has an ankle injury you pelican! Get your story straight before you run your mouth.. You look like an even bigger twat than normal now!
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Ubietz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ubietz »

fowler_23 wrote:

Downs keeper has an ankle injury you pelican! Get your story straight before you run your mouth.. You look like an even bigger twat than normal now!
Refer to the first sentence.
«Εμείς μαζί για μια ζωή»

brisroar
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by brisroar »

What happened in the downs b's?

Jinky Bhoy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jinky Bhoy »

swannsong wrote:

B'S - BEOGRAD FORFEIT

A'S - BEOGRAD FORFEIT

Despite all the to and froing and communication with SAASL and the referee (and his assessor Donald Campbell) I will wait for conformation from SAASL Management Committee before confirming a forfeit...
We have had the same problem there before but that was when they had their C team. On that occasion we were all ready to play, including the Beograd boys but someone from the club wouldn't let them. I feel for their players, they wan't to play but it's an official from the FFSA side of the club that stops them, perhaps Beograd amateurs need to find themselves their own ground.

TM87
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by TM87 »

BH United vs Noarlunga United

A's 2 - 1

B's 0 - 4

OMGReally

Post by OMGReally »

Looks like the Beograd facebook page confirms that the club will be forfeiting the rest of the year.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3912024749

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Jinky Bhoy wrote:
swannsong wrote:

B'S - BEOGRAD FORFEIT

A'S - BEOGRAD FORFEIT

We have had the same problem there before but that was when they had their C team. On that occasion we were all ready to play, including the Beograd boys but someone from the club wouldn't let them. I feel for their players, they wan't to play but it's an official from the FFSA side of the club that stops them, perhaps Beograd amateurs need to find themselves their own ground.
When we first arrived the changing room was open (our Reserve Coach swept them in readiness for the players) there were lads from Beograd drinking outside and lots of Beograd people around taking down decorations etc. from a function there the previous night. Suddenly we find the changerooms have been locked....We had people there from 12:00 onward and no one said anything to the Knights people until about 2:30. Regardless of what went down at Beograd, the communication level and disorganisation is not really good enough.

Red Star
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Red Star »

Jinky Bhoy wrote:
swannsong wrote:

B'S - BEOGRAD FORFEIT

A'S - BEOGRAD FORFEIT

From my understanding looks like the club has decided to forefit the remainder of the season.. struggling with players especially after todays event doubt many would be back next round. A fold may be on the cards, no commitment no communication no point continuing as it will only get worse..

Today the boys were gutted that we werent allowed to use the field.. especially feel for the southern knights boys who made the trip for nothing.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

They dodged a bullet last year finishing second bottom but luckily for them weren't relegated due to only one team going down. A number of quality players but obviously just poorly run
Are you Bodo in disguise?

OMGReally

Post by OMGReally »

sounds like from previous posts from Red Star, that no one is really running Beograd any more?

zzaj
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by zzaj »

anyone know blue eagles , munno para and brahma ?

Metal Face
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Metal Face »

zzaj wrote:anyone know blue eagles , munno para and brahma ?
Munno Para 1-2 Blue Eagles

Red Star
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Red Star »

OMGReally wrote:sounds like from previous posts from Red Star, that no one is really running Beograd any more?
Not for a while now.. no trainings since round 2-3.. ppl that were running it were not respected and hence rightly hav stepped away and since then its gone down hill no communication to players we were finding out things last, just like today.. i personnally have quit as a player after today not worth the hassle and giving up my sundays to be stuffed around..

It was not fair to our players but especsilly to the knights

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Red Star wrote:
OMGReally wrote:sounds like from previous posts from Red Star, that no one is really running Beograd any more?
Not for a while now.. no trainings since round 2-3.. ppl that were running it were not respected and hence rightly hav stepped away and since then its gone down hill no communication to players we were finding out things last, just like today.. i personnally have quit as a player after today not worth the hassle and giving up my sundays to be stuffed around..

It was not fair to our players but especsilly to the knights
Cheers Red Star !
Some of the Knights lads made the most of the opportunity and popped down to race go-karts and skirmish with lasers at Gepps Cross :)
Last edited by swannsong on Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OMGReally

Post by OMGReally »

Amazing how players at clubs disrespect the guys who run clubs. Without them.. players dont have a club to play for... sounds like a crappy situation all around. Didnt Asteras have the same issue?

Prince Nuggett

Post by Prince Nuggett »

fowler_23 wrote:

So I look like a twat because I don't have the knowledge of every players niggling injuries?? That makes sense. May I suggest he drops 5-10 kgs so his ankles aren't under so much strain.

OMGReally

Post by OMGReally »

Could also mean same situation as last year for Div II. Whereby 1 team will get relegated + Beograd if folding?