PHE COACH

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Go you reds
Apprentice
Apprentice

PHE COACH

Post by Go you reds »

Is there any truth behind the rumous that Dave beadman has resigned as senior coach at Easties?

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: PHE COACH

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

There was a players meeting last night. Something is going on !

Ginger Tonkin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ginger Tonkin »

Hope not, Dave is a decent coach. What he needs is some consistency from his squad which he hasn't had this year.It would be nice if he could heve some continuity in his starting eleven, not having a go at players but injuries and unavailabilty play a big part of any season and it does make it difficult for any coach to get the best out of his team.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Ginger Tonkin wrote:Hope not, Dave is a decent coach. What he needs is some consistency from his squad which he hasn't had this year.It would be nice if he could heve some continuity in his starting eleven, not having a go at players but injuries and unavailabilty play a big part of any season and it does make it difficult for any coach to get the best out of his team.
I would think this is part and parcel of any amateur coaching gig.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Redders has a point.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

redders wrote:
Ginger Tonkin wrote:Hope not, Dave is a decent coach. What he needs is some consistency from his squad which he hasn't had this year.It would be nice if he could heve some continuity in his starting eleven, not having a go at players but injuries and unavailabilty play a big part of any season and it does make it difficult for any coach to get the best out of his team.
I would think this is part and parcel of any amateur coaching gig.
Absolutely....Happens at most clubs (ours included over the last 4 games), it is the Coach and players that need to get it done.

It does make it easier if the side is all pushing in the same direction though, a couple of bad apples can destroy teams moral.(a general statement, I have know knowledge of what goes on at PHE).

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

Sounds like theres a depth issue at PHE not with Daves coaching. :shock:

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Terrible Shot wrote:
East reserves are sitting third, still in the cup and doing well, maybe he has a habit of alienating some players and playing favourites with others?

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Correct me if im wrong but hasn't this sort of thing with players v coach happened at PHE just recently?

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

cole_trickle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by cole_trickle »

Mr X wrote:
Terrible Shot wrote:
East reserves are sitting third, still in the cup and doing well, maybe he has a habit of alienating some players and playing favourites with others?
Or maybe the easts reserves coach is a gun. :P
------------------------
THIS ONE'S FOR YOU HARRY

Green Warrior
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Green Warrior »

Mr X wrote:
Terrible Shot wrote:
Speaking from experience Mr X?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Another issue at the Football Newsagency...

Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

cole_trickle wrote:
Mr X wrote:
Terrible Shot wrote:Sounds like theres a depth issue at PHE not with Daves coaching. :shock:
Or maybe the easts reserves coach is a gun. :P
No chance! He's a clown!!!
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

KING NUGGETT wrote:Correct me if im wrong but hasn't this sort of thing with players v coach happened at PHE just recently?

from memory i think they sacked their coach (maybe he jumped) just before the start of the season.

Statto11
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Statto11 »

I can confirm that Dave Beaman is no longer first team coach at PHE. This has been a mutual decision for both football & personal reasons and we would like to thank Dave for all his time, work and efforts over the last 18 months. Dave will still be out as a spectator for some our remaining games and will always be welcome at our club.

Ryan Bastable will take over first team duties for the remainder of this season and Ben Avery will take over the reserves. No permanent appointments will be made until after the season has finished.

YO DABBA DABBA
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by YO DABBA DABBA »

Statto11 wrote:I can confirm that Dave Beaman is no longer first team coach at PHE. This has been a mutual decision for both football & personal reasons and we would like to thank Dave for all his time, work and efforts over the last 18 months. Dave will still be out as a spectator for some our remaining games and will always be welcome at our club.

Ryan Bastable will take over first team duties for the remainder of this season and Ben Avery will take over the reserves. No permanent appointments will be made until after the season has finished.
Wow!!!
Remember kiddies, after you wee, you dab...

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

God is an Englishman wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote:Correct me if im wrong but hasn't this sort of thing with players v coach happened at PHE just recently?

from memory i think they sacked their coach (maybe he jumped) just before the start of the season.
Not sure what/who you guys are referring to. Nothing like that has happened since I have been associated with the club.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

East 17 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

Not sure what/who you guys are referring to. Nothing like that has happened since I have been associated with the club.

I did say "I think" and "from memory" so happy to be corrected on this one.

I thought the coach you had doing the reserves in pre season left/pushed a week before the season. Do i have that wrong?

I do appear to have missed the word "reserves" in my initial comment.

Statto11
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Statto11 »

We did have a change of reserve coach just prior to the season commencing

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

PHE a club in turmoil at the moment.

Could be Div 2 for a long while.

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 4-4-2 »

terminator wrote:PHE a club in turmoil at the moment.

Sherminator trying to deflect attention from his own club again, may be joining them in div 2 next year you :clown:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Club in turmoil ?? jeez love to be sitting 3rd and be in turmoil ....

A strong, proud club will fight through this and be back into Div 1 sooner rather than later

tree
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by tree »

Or maybe the easts reserves coach is a gun. :P[/quote]

No chance! He's a clown!!![/quote]

Totally agree with you mate, I've seen the guy coach and even play god forbid, he is a total spud!! Para hills have no hope now!!

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

bloodypassit wrote:

Club in turmoil ?? jeez love to be sitting 3rd and be in turmoil ....

A strong, proud club will fight through this and be back into Div 1 sooner rather than later
Might currently be in 3rd but also only 4 points off the relegation spot. With the team in 9th to pick up 3 points this weekend things will get much tighter.

Tough time to make the call too with the transfer window shutting last week the new coach can't make many changes to the squad should he fell it appropriate to do so.

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

As club captain I would also like to thank Dave from the players perspective. He tried a lot of different things over the past few two years and unfortunately they didn't work out. It was a pleasure to see his passion and drive to achieve, which hopefully the boys keep hold of.

To say the club is in a shambles is a long way off the mark. If anyone has seen us play this year, we have some very good players, but as mentioned we are working with a very young first team and reserves. It will take time for us to reshape and build, but I have no doubt we have the personele to do so. The club have a very proud history and it is all about getting back into div 1 for us. We are not a club that will go out and splash the cash and that does make it difficult to compete in the market with so many clubs in the north. We are looking long term, not just season to season.

Looking forward, I know the boys will work hard and although it looks tough, still keep the push for promotion going...

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

We are not a club that will go out and splash the cash and that does make it difficult to compete in the market with so many clubs in the north. We are looking long term, not just season to season.

Start of this season I beg to differ

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

Mr X wrote: maybe he has a habit of alienating some players and playing favourites with others?
What, you mean like your club?
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Terrible Shot wrote:We are not a club that will go out and splash the cash and that does make it difficult to compete in the market with so many clubs in the north. We are looking long term, not just season to season.

Start of this season I beg to differ
Please explain?
When you ask a striker who played div 1 last year, asks for $250 per game and ends up in Saturday lower divs... How do you compete with that? Ex fed player offered big sign on and over $150 per game (kudos for not taking that btw)... How do you compete w that? We offer 'pocket money' and beers, that's it...

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

Start of this season I beg to differ[/quote]

Please explain?
When you ask a striker who played div 1 last year, asks for $250 per game and ends up in Saturday lower divs... How do you compete with that? Ex fed player offered big sign on and over $150 per game (kudos for not taking that btw)... How do you compete w that? We offer 'pocket money' and beers, that's it...[/quote]

Who was the striker?

tree
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by tree »

Terrible Shot wrote:Start of this season I beg to differ
Please explain?
When you ask a striker who played div 1 last year, asks for $250 per game and ends up in Saturday lower divs... How do you compete with that? Ex fed player offered big sign on and over $150 per game (kudos for not taking that btw)... How do you compete w that? We offer 'pocket money' and beers, that's it...[/quote]

Who was the striker?[/quote]

Ben debono I believe