Sunday Results - June 16

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Sunday Results - June 16

Post by Robbo »

A team: Beach 2 Farm 3
B team: Beach 2 Farm 2
C team: Beach 3 Farm 3

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Sunday Results - June 16

Post by Bomber »

Robbo wrote:A team: Beach 2 Farm 3
I believe an old favourite is back playing at Farm (something in the air). :wink:

Did he play today?
Ignore this signature

Zajko84
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Zajko84 »

Adelaide young stars - BH UNITED.

B's. 3. - 1

A's. 0. - 2

Loretta Jones
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Loretta Jones »

Bomber wrote:
I believe an old favourite is back playing at Farm (something in the air). :wink:
Did he play today?
I don't think anyone has seen Bodo around the traps for ages.

Southern Style
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Southern Style »

South Coast vs ISC Raptors

B: 0 - 3
A: 3 - 2

Sth Coast played last 20mins with 10men.
Good Result for Sth Coast, fought hard and were rewarded with 3rd goal even with 10men

Ubietz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ubietz »

Great results. Dodgy referees in both C's and B's games.
«Εμείς μαζί για μια ζωή»

Getinthere
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Getinthere »

A grade - Fulham 2-3 para hills west
B grade - Fulham 2-1 para hills west
C grade - Fulham 3-2 para hills west
C2 - plympton 2-2 para hills west

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eric the great »

Beograd v PHE

B's 0-2
A's 2-2

Ref had a shocker, sent a PHE player off after the equaliser (90min)
when a Beograd player dobbed on the PHE player for aledgedly swearing.

Two things:
1. Great sportsmanship from the Beograd player to chase after the ref and had a sook and
2. The Ref was not going to act until he was hounded by the Beograd player. He clearly did not actually see or hear anything and did not consult his linesman. As soon he realised the Beograd player was talking about this PHE player in particular, he couldn't get his card out quick enough.

NOTE: The ref has made personal derogatory comments to this individual player (and about his family) who was sent off. The Ref has let a personal disliking of this player to effect his decision making....SHAME!!
When seagulls follow a trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Bomber wrote:

Did he play today?
Scored 2. The second was a cracker

Se7en
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Se7en »

eric the great wrote:Beograd v PHE

B's 0-2
A's 2-2

Two things:
1. Great sportsmanship from the Beograd player to chase after the ref and had a sook and
2. The Ref was not going to act until he was hounded by the Beograd player. He clearly did not actually see or hear anything and did not consult his linesman. As soon he realised the Beograd player was talking about this PHE player in particular, he couldn't get his card out quick enough.

NOTE: The ref has made personal derogatory comments to this individual player (and about his family) who was sent off. The Ref has let a personal disliking of this player to effect his decision making....SHAME!!

Saw Pedro ref the Fulham v West. He is without a doubt the worst bottle of shiraz ref in SA and should give it away. Absolute bell end.

LUFC22
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by LUFC22 »

Inter vs Vale

As
1-1
Inter with 10 men for all of the second half and the last 5-10mins of the first half.... inter were 1-0 when they went down to 10 men and hit the post at 1-0 up, before conceding.

Ressies
5-1 (?)

Cs
6-1
Rusty nichols with the Vales only goal, from the penalty spot. Much deserved for rusty who was prob one of the best on the pitch for either side, in a losing team

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

salis inter1-eliz vale1(As)
salis inter5or6-eliz vale 1(Bs)
sorry LUFC must have posted same time, Rusty had a cracker in goals for the Bs aswell could have been 10 or more otherwise

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

A team

Fulham 2 - PHW 3

Missed penalty for Fulham when 1-0 up hurt - thought a draw would have been a fair result but that's football - got to take ur chances.

Gd win for the B team well in guys.

C team

Fulham 3 - PHW 2
Last edited by bigpond on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

Div 4

A's

Athlestone 0 - Polonia 2

B's

Athlestone 0 - Polonia 8

Red Star
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Red Star »

B's 0-2
A's 2-2

Two things:

Ok let me say that i agree to a point.. however in defense of our player his reaction was in reponse to himself and one of our other players being cautioned for the same thing.. your player in question was lucky not to get a second yellow on a few occasions

Further to that the first penalty awarded to you guys fair enough no complaints.. second one your player took a swing at the ball missed and fell no contact and was awarded a penalty rightly so it was saved.. 5 mins later out striker went past your keeper and the keep pulled him by the legs and brought him down clear penalty but the ref let it go..

To make matters worse as soon as you guys equalised on our counter he blew the whistle to end the game (i was timing the game and it was 43 mins into the second half, and the amount of times he stopped the game there should of been atleast 5 mins stoppage time..

Apart from that most fouls that wer callled were fair.

Dont know why you are complaining in all fairness you were lucky to get a draw

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Se7en wrote:

B's 0-2
A's 2-2

Two things:

Saw Pedro ref the Fulham v West. He is without a doubt the worst bottle of shiraz ref in SA and should give it away. Absolute bell end.
Put your hand up to ref then....faarkn cry babies.....Put up or shut up, sick to death of sideline heros complaining about the refs....

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Se7en wrote:

B's 0-2
A's 2-2

Two things:

mus not have ever watched Steve "sharky" referee a game before
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Loretta Jones
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Loretta Jones »

Steve#4 wrote:Put your hand up to ref then....faarkn cry babies.....Put up or shut up, sick to death of sideline heros complaining about the refs....
Spot on.
Read 'em and weep boys

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Downs beat pontian 5-3. Ressies won 6 or 7 nil
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eric the great »

Red Star wrote:

B's 0-2
A's 2-2

Two things:

Ok let me say that i agree to a point.. however in defense of our player his reaction was in reponse to himself and one of our other players being cautioned for the same thing.. your player in question was lucky not to get a second yellow on a few occasions

Further to that the first penalty awarded to you guys fair enough no complaints.. second one your player took a swing at the ball missed and fell no contact and was awarded a penalty rightly so it was saved.. 5 mins later out striker went past your keeper and the keep pulled him by the legs and brought him down clear penalty but the ref let it go..

To make matters worse as soon as you guys equalised on our counter he blew the whistle to end the game (i was timing the game and it was 43 mins into the second half, and the amount of times he stopped the game there should of been atleast 5 mins stoppage time..

Apart from that most fouls that wer callled were fair.

Dont know why you are complaining in all fairness you were lucky to get a draw

Nothing against the Beograd player, I didn't know what exactly he said so I take those remarks back about your player. This does add weight to my point about the Ref though, he did not make a decision based on what he saw or heard. He was heading back to the centre of the park in the opposite direction to the PHE player. He should have at least consulted his fellow officials. This does show the Ref had clouded judgement due to previous history with the player.

Interesting about the time issue too.
When seagulls follow a trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

legga wrote:Downs beat pontian 5-3. Ressies won 6 or 7 nil
Did Downs play a bad game today??? Was expecting a cricket score victory

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eric the great »

Steve#4 wrote:
Se7en wrote:

B's 0-2
A's 2-2

Two things:

Put your hand up to ref then....faarkn cry babies.....Put up or shut up, sick to death of sideline heros complaining about the refs....

Good call........we should all sit on the sidelines and watch these Ref's continually make incorrect decisions every week without any critique at all !!

If you actually read my comment, my main issue was the unprofessional display by the Ref both in this game and earlier in the season.
A referee expects (and deserves) respect from players but to make comment to a player about his family is not on.

Very poor display Ref!!!

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

go beograd!

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

Jay Walking wrote:
Bomber wrote:

Did he play today?
Disappointing to see Sandy leave but the club will survive.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Terrible Shot wrote:
legga wrote:Downs beat pontian 5-3. Ressies won 6 or 7 nil
Did Downs play a bad game today??? Was expecting a cricket score victory
Was looking that way for a while,westers kept them around the mark with 3 goals but they were never really in it. Cracking grub well done pontian cant beat the charcoal cooked chicken and pork. They just seemed to lack a bit of depth thus a fair bit on westers to perform.....
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Its amateur football :wink:

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

terminator wrote:
Bomber wrote:

Did he play today?
With Luke Air back as well Farm will survive - 2 goals to mark his return - if he played from the start of the season they would be pushing the top 2 but there bad start will see them finish 4th or 5th.

Se7en
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Se7en »

[quote="Adolf Hĩtler"][quote="Steve#4"]Put your hand up to ref then....faarkn cry babies.....Put up or shut up, sick to death of sideline heros complaining about the refs....

Ok mate I hear where u r coming from. No I don't want to ref no desire to do so and can't be arsed really. Yes they do cop a lot of criticism as do politicians, judges, lawyers, cops etc. however this guy is continually the subject of complaint and makes totally rash decisions which from time to time have affected the outcome of a game. The best refs going around are hardly noticed out there. This guy wants to take centre stage. Go and act or join the circus if that's the case. He is cabernet, always been
and always will be.

gers1872
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by gers1872 »

As a neutral who generally goes to a different game each week, the refs cop an amazing amount of criticism every Sunday.
With out doubt they make some poor decisions but some of the foul mouthed abuse they cop from not only supporters but also some coaching staff is way over the top.
The screaming and moaning that comes from the sidelines with every miss timed challenge encourage the refs to book players and then when they do and players are sent off later in the game everyone moans that they have stuffed up the game.
I love the passion at amateur games but why the refs continue to turn up and cop the flack they do amazes me.
They must have an extremely thick skin to cop what they cop every week.
Last edited by gers1872 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

terminator wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:
Bomber wrote:

Did he play today?
Disappointing to see Sandy leave but the club will survive.
You're back in form missing the very obvious clue. Still, we don't have the bar of expectation set very high when it comes to your posts.

Great to have Sandy back at the Farm. Will add great depth to the team and is a fantastic bloke to have around the club.