Saturday Results 15 June

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Rooster
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Saturday Results 15 June

Post by Rooster »

God is an Englishman wrote:To those questioning the jets and were there.

How many jets supporters were throwing punches?
How many jets players were sent off for racial abuse?

Now the same questions but for cougars?
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhahahahahaha seems wherever you go trouble follows you....

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Rooster wrote:

Uh-oh, someone woke the sleeping giant.

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

Anyone know the breakers vs Stirling result?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Rooster wrote:

Have you saved up enough for my carton yet?

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Terrible Shot wrote:Anyone know the breakers vs Stirling result?
I'm a bit worried that the lack of info indicates bad news. :(
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Rooster
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rooster »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Have you saved up enough for my carton yet?
i am still saving but it seems as if youll be kicked out of there soon

The Toffees
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Toffees »

otto62 wrote:
breakers vs stirling

a 1-1 stirling,with 10 men equalized via a cross deflected in by a breakers defender in injury time

b 1-9 it was 1-1 at half time
Kopites are Gobshites

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

Azzurri80 wrote:

For those who may not understand due to GIAE's strong English accent, let me translate:

WOLF!!! SOB, SOB, SNIFFLE, SNIFFLE!!!! :cry:

:lol: And I wasn't even there :lol:
azzurri80 ... look i like to give giae cabernet just as much as you , but you have it wrong here , i no hes a pom who hates aus and i really dont like to agree with him , but everything he has said is 100% correct , cougars B keeper couldnt take a little bit of flack from the modbury supporters , statred yelling out at them , and then went toe to toe with a supporter walking around the pitch to get a beer , next minute about 10 - 20 cougars supporters ran over and then the modbury supporters followed , as for the ref , he did come over to the bench and thank giae for getting the modbury supporter out , end of the day its started by a player responding to the crowd , as a player you should be able to deal with it , the more you bite back the more your going to cop it .

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

otto62 wrote:
Breakers on the way up stringing good results together.

bomber Harris
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bomber Harris »

Azzurri80 wrote:

For those who may not understand due to GIAE's strong English accent, let me translate:

WOLF!!! SOB, SOB, SNIFFLE, SNIFFLE!!!! :cry:

:lol: And I wasn't even there :lol:
You've got no idea, you weren't there so on ya bike muppet :clown:
"We Fear No Foe"

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

on a lighter note, I've never seen a goal kick go out for a corner before. Pity he got sent off, he was our best player.

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

The Cougars v Modbury game was an absolute beauty yesterday. The topic on the Bs game has stolen too much forum space imo. Both parties in the wrong, big deal, let's leave it alone now hey?? FFs! It's amatuer soccer, it wouldn't be the same with out a bit of banter, name calling and controversy :D
CROYDON COUGARS SC Est 1999

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

You've got no idea, you weren't there so on ya bike muppet :clown:[/quote]

I'm the one on the left, so now you know what I look like, come say hi next time we play.

I wasn't there, and don't even care what happen :lol:

All I care about is that GIAE copped one in the mouth, and I'd say that's a win for all of us. Did GIAE do the right thing or wrong thing? Who cares?? The point is, no one as a representative of Modbury, especially GIAE, should be on here whinging about this type of behaviour.

Blueblood said it best remember? "All I'm saying is people in glass houses mate...."

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

5cougarsthanx wrote:The Cougars v Modbury game was an absolute beauty yesterday. The topic on the Bs game has stolen too much forum space imo. Both parties in the wrong, big deal, let's leave it alone now hey?? FFs! It's amatuer soccer, it wouldn't be the same with out a bit of banter, name calling and controversy :D

Modbury did NOTHING wrong.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Azzurri80 wrote:
I'm the one on the left, so now you know what I look like, come say hi next time we play.

I wasn't there, and don't even care what happen :lol:

All I care about is that GIAE copped one in the mouth, and I'd say that's a win for all of us. Did GIAE do the right thing or wrong thing? Who cares?? The point is, no one as a representative of Modbury, especially GIAE, should be on here whinging about this type of behaviour.

Blueblood said it best remember? "All I'm saying is people in glass houses mate...."
Why especially me? I've never racially abused people on a football pitch, I've never tried to punch a spectator.

I've been at Jets 3 years and yes we're a rowdy bunch but never seen us act in a way even close to the manner of cougars on saturday.

Now you say we shouldn't throw stones but we didn't bring it up so we shouldn't throw stones but you also don't let people throw stones at you.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Why especially me? I've never racially abused people on a football pitch, I've never tried to punch a spectator.

I've been at Jets 3 years and yes we're a rowdy bunch but never seen us act in a way even close to the manner of cougars on saturday.

Now you say we shouldn't throw stones but we didn't bring it up so we shouldn't throw stones but you also don't let people throw stones at you.[/quote]

Right, I wasn't gonna bring it up, but since little poor you is pleading your innocence, I will.

The reason I asked in an earlier post if you were a certain person as described, is because when we played you earlier in the season I remember an incident when both sets of supporters were having a bit of to and fro banter, and a Modbury supporter, who had a few bevo's under his belt, took exception to the banter and stormed across to one of our supporters and got in his face like he was going to do something about it. This Modbury supporter had a fat mouth, bald head, and was a little tubby, and he also had a little pony tailed side kick with just as big a mouth.

Nothing came of it, and lucky for him as he was surrounded by Villa supporters I might add, because the other Villa supporters had sense enough to get in between the two supporters and stop the situation escalating. These two loud mouthed Modbury supporters then continued their rant and abuse whilst walking to our bar for another drink. Now we appreciate the support of the bar but those supporters actions were overboard, comical, and dangerous unto themselves. I giggled under my breath while watching the situation as the fat bald man continually told people, who were trying to pull him away and calm the situation, not to touch him because he had an injured knee. I remember thinking to myself that it's probably not the best thing to be shouting when you are storming across to start a fight with a rival supporter. I knew which body part I was going for if he stormed over to me like that, I thought.

Now, most would not have heard of this incident as I didn't run home, jump on my computer and cry poor little Villa, we were attacked by Modbury supporters. The reasons why, it was an isolated incident besides the usual banter; there was no real threat because as a club we can handle ourselves should it of escalated; we have become use to this type of behaviour when playing Modbury.

Now apart from those reasons, another reason I did not run home to cry about it, is because we as a club are also no angels and we understand that even if I did cry about it, no one would really give a toss because we're Salisbury Villa. Kind of see where I'm going with this?

I think it was Jesus' third cousin Andy who said, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, however, if you can not do so, shut the f%#K up, and have a coke and smile on me".

Are you slowly seeing that people may find it hard to feel sorry for you and Co. about the events that took place, even if you were the legitimate victim? Hard to take your story of victimization seriously when you and your club have been on the other end numerous times.

And just for the record, the last sentence of your cry above, mind f%#ked the cabernet out of me! Was it written in code?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Please note I also didn't come running to my keyboard either, it wasn't me bringing it up.

I remember the incident at your ground as well. Again the person was trying to get a beer and he was abused for it. I seem to remember him saying along the lines of you should appreciate his money going over your bat rather than giving him cabernet for it. That comment wasn't enjoyed by the villa faithful though and knowing that person well, he doesn't back down too often.

Bringing up this incident though, did the spectator you mention throw punches at people? Did he racially abuse anyone?

That aside though it was a good day with some good banter. Unfortunately, some will always take it too far.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

God is an Englishman wrote:Please note I also didn't come running to my keyboard either, it wasn't me bringing it up.

I remember the incident at your ground as well. Again the person was trying to get a beer and he was abused for it. I seem to remember him saying along the lines of you should appreciate his money going over your bat rather than giving him cabernet for it. That comment wasn't enjoyed by the villa faithful though and knowing that person well, he doesn't back down too often.

Bringing up this incident though, did the spectator you mention throw punches at people? Did he racially abuse anyone?
Did you actually just write that? So we abused your supporter for buying a beer from us? Surely even you realise how ridiculous and unbelievable that sounds? :lol:

Besides, you've kinda of shot yourself in the foot because now we know you're full of it. If there was a hint of truth to your version of events you would have splashed that shite all over this forum. Your ability to continually deflect any blame or responsibility away from yourself and club is astounding, and scarily impressive. I'm not even mad, I'm impressed :lol: . Although I thoroughly enjoy your works of fiction immensely, I think you've said enough to convince the majority you are an insane version of the boy who cried wolf. This is where I sit back and enjoy the entertainment and disengage. :lol:

:lol: Abused him for buying a beer! :lol: You're a hoot! :lol:

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

5cougarsthanx wrote:The Cougars v Modbury game was an absolute beauty yesterday. The topic on the Bs game has stolen too much forum space imo. Both parties in the wrong, big deal, let's leave it alone now hey?? FFs! It's amatuer soccer, it wouldn't be the same with out a bit of banter, name calling and controversy :D

Giae, give me an honest answer, no bias please. Do you think that by bomber Harris having a go at our keeper right near his goal post made the situation better or worse, and had he not done what he did, that you would not have worn a right cross to the mouth?

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

All I know is that the Croydon senior coach would not be happy with these incidents.

Can't be a gd look for the club.

Loretta Jones
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Loretta Jones »

They've never been too concerned with their image in years gone by.
Read 'em and weep boys

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

No. He wouldn't be. Correct. Neither would our Pres.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

5cougarsthanx wrote:

Giae, give me an honest answer, no bias please. Do you think that by bomber Harris having a go at our keeper right near his goal post made the situation better or worse, and had he not done what he did, that you would not have worn a right cross to the mouth?
I think after what the keeper said bomber was perfectly within his rights to give him a send off. No the incident wouldn't have happened if he had said nothing. Then again it wouldn't have happened if your keeper wasn't shouting racist remarks or hadn't tried to fight a spectator or your spectators hadn't tried to fight people.

I would expect that cougars would be sanctioning the keeper and the spectator themselves but I doubt they will.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Azzurri80 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Please note I also didn't come running to my keyboard either, it wasn't me bringing it up.

Did you actually just write that? So we abused your supporter for buying a beer from us? Surely even you realise how ridiculous and unbelievable that sounds? :lol:

Besides, you've kinda of shot yourself in the foot because now we know you're full of it. If there was a hint of truth to your version of events you would have splashed that shite all over this forum. Your ability to continually deflect any blame or responsibility away from yourself and club is astounding, and scarily impressive. I'm not even mad, I'm impressed :lol: . Although I thoroughly enjoy your works of fiction immensely, I think you've said enough to convince the majority you are an insane version of the boy who cried wolf. This is where I sit back and enjoy the entertainment and disengage. :lol:

Yes, the banter was occuring and he was given cabernet for going to the bar again. You even mentioned it in your version when you said about appreciating the support of the bar. He responded you didn't like it.

So what started it in your opinion then. What was the spark that set this person charging into your fans? One person attacking all of yo, that's brilliant.

And the reason it's splashed all over the internet before is similar to saturday's incident I didn't feel the need to bring it up, it was you and the cougars bloke who felt that need.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Azzurri80 wrote:

Yes, the banter was occuring and he was given cabernet for going to the bar again. You even mentioned it in your version when you said about appreciating the support of the bar. He responded you didn't like it.

So what started it in your opinion then. What was the spark that set this person charging into your fans? One person attacking all of yo, that's brilliant.

And the reason it's splashed all over the internet before is similar to saturday's incident I didn't feel the need to bring it up, it was you and the cougars bloke who felt that need.
To be fair Hawkesy, it does seem that trouble seems to follow Modbury around - the issues mentioned above, the allegations of racism from Elizabeth Downs (of all people).

Alright, it may not follow you around but it certainly seems to turn up at the same time and same place.
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Brian the Postman wrote:To be fair Hawkesy, it does seem that trouble seems to follow Modbury around - the issues mentioned above, the allegations of racism from Elizabeth Downs (of all people).

Alright, it may not follow you around but it certainly seems to turn up at the same time and same place.

Someone from Downs has posted that the "racism" at downs wasn't in fact racism at all.

I think he stated it was taking the piss out of a particular player, who was white, and was in no way racist. It seems someone got the wrong end of the stick on that one.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Azzurri80 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: So what started it in your opinion then. What was the spark that set this person charging into your fans? One person attacking all of yo, that's brilliant.

Answer: A bloke that couldn't handle his booze and was very pissed. He also had a little pony tailed midget egging him on. You know, guys wanting to save face and act tough in front of their mates.

In saying that, for the sake of non-argument, and again, to help you sleep better at night, I'm happy to say the entire incident was our fault, Modbury were model guests, at no point did any Modbury fans have one too many and get carried away for no reason, and we all went home that evening and beat our wives until they cooked us some f%#king eggs.

I think we can leave it to the majority of forummites to work out what's actually true there.

LONG LIVE GIAE!!!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

sounds like something of nothing anyway, 2 blokes had a disagreement. BIG DEAL!

No punches thrown, no racist comments. Maybe the bloke was pissed, maybe your bloke said something to set him off. I'm sure probably both are true.

moosey13
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by moosey13 »

Ok this is my 1st post on the forum after just reading for many years but I want to give my view of what happened on Saturday and let every one make up their own views,I'm sick and tired of GIAE comming on here and playing the good guy.ill start with our keeper after copping 10mins of banter from the modbury supporters finally snapped and gave back a few words.i agree what he said was uncalled for and a few modbury players were upset too.the ref held up play and called me over (being the b's captain)to calm the keeper done giving him a yellow at the same time.as it was a goal kick and keeper ready to take it the jets supporter walking behind the goal at the time had a few words with him which re-ignited the situation again.being near the ref still he said if our keeper leaves the field he will send him off,which is what happened.after seperating the two (nothing happened just words)the keeper walked off the pitch and the supporter continued to the BBQ where he encountered our supporter.while I was remonstrating with the ref saying if the jets supporter wasn't behind the goals he wouldn't of got sent off I saw you GIAE and only you out of all your supporters and players running over with your chest out carrying on towards the two involved.now what was our supporter suppose to think with you charging him,so he gave you a back punch to the head.also the 10-20supporters you say we're around him at the time were actually our 1st team heading towards the change room(it was nearly half time).it was only until you came over that both sets of supporters started getting involved.now the two supporters were just having words (no biffo involved) and I'm sure our supporter wouldnt hit an old man so I'm saying because of your so called say the day hero-ism or just your getting involved all the time stupidity you nearly caused an all in brawl over nothing.i applauded the modbury b's players who were only a few meters away from both incidents and felt there was no need to get involved.the game was very clean and no incidents happened on the park,modbury b's have a very good team and deserve to be top two in the league.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The keeper had already been sent off when the incident occured. He was sent off for his racial abuse. Leaving the field of play is only a cautionable offence. No yellow card was ever seen, he was given a straight red card before the incident

The restart was the kick off as a goal had just been scored, it was his remonstrating over the offside (that your own linesman felt wasn't offside) that caused him to explode. Your comments would make no sense as the keeper is perfectly entitled to leave the field of play to take a goal kick.

The Modbury players were 50m away, we had just scored a goal and were in our half ready for the kick off. You were probably one of the closest other players to the incident and then you were outside the penalty area and I would suggest 30m away.

Now we've cleared up your clear errors of fact.

Now, yes I did go running over. Mainly because your keeper was heading towards a friend of mine ready to hit him. When i got there, I pulled him away and stood between him and the now 10 or so supporters who were coming towards him. It was at this point that I was assaulted and punched.

As previously stated as well, the referee thanked me for helping to clear the person away.