Official referee doesn't turn up:

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Official referee doesn't turn up:

Post by God is an Englishman »

sg5 wrote:In conclusion...
The game went ahead with the approval of OTH.
Referee could have been better but decisions were equally as poor for both teams.
OTH got sloppy, MB got a sniff and found some self belief.

The 2 free kicks that were given to lead to the final 2 goals were definite fouls.
The 2nd one which led to the red card was over the top but as the game was called
to an end after the free kick was converted from distance (fine strike might i add), this sending off
had no effect on the match.

I have an Adidas mIcoach in my boots which tracks everything including time and the game was called off with a maximum
of 3 minutes reminaing...
MB now had an extra man and were up and about, if anything OTH were LUCKY the whistle sounded when it did.

BAM
Your MIcoach calculates additional time for stoppages - impressive.

Clever Trevor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clever Trevor »

God is an Englishman wrote:sent off for a trip? sounds like a caution at most me.

Come on stu, assuming it's the same ref from a few years ago - he's got previous. I think he only sent off 2 of ours that day. A player got booked that day for and I quote "in case you swore". Later he got a second yellow for being pushed over
Was he smoking and drinking while running the A game lines back then too GIAE?

Has anyone yet justified why the correct time wasn't played? (Regardless of how short the second half was)

sg5
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sg5 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
sg5 wrote:In conclusion...
The game went ahead with the approval of OTH.
Referee could have been better but decisions were equally as poor for both teams.
OTH got sloppy, MB got a sniff and found some self belief.

The 2 free kicks that were given to lead to the final 2 goals were definite fouls.
The 2nd one which led to the red card was over the top but as the game was called
to an end after the free kick was converted from distance (fine strike might i add), this sending off
had no effect on the match.

I have an Adidas mIcoach in my boots which tracks everything including time and the game was called off with a maximum
of 3 minutes reminaing...
MB now had an extra man and were up and about, if anything OTH were LUCKY the whistle sounded when it did.

BAM
Your MIcoach calculates additional time for stoppages - impressive.

additional time is common sense and there was no more than a couple minutes... as i said, if it went on for a few more minutes the home side would have taken full points

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Clever Trevor wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:sent off for a trip? sounds like a caution at most me.

Come on stu, assuming it's the same ref from a few years ago - he's got previous. I think he only sent off 2 of ours that day. A player got booked that day for and I quote "in case you swore". Later he got a second yellow for being pushed over

Has anyone yet justified why the correct time wasn't played? (Regardless of how short the second half was)

Don't remember him doing that.

I actually don't see that much of an issue with a linesman doing that anyway. One (or even 2 beers) doesn't really diminish your ability to make a decision on an offside.

Smoking certainly doesn't.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

depends what you're smoking...

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

5 othsc players surrounding the ref intimidating him I think made him call full time.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

A lot of stories coming out on this one. It seems though that murray bridge are struggling to get their story straight.

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

God is an Englishman wrote:A lot of stories coming out on this one. It seems though that murray bridge are struggling to get their story straight.
Guess you had to be there

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

sg5 wrote: MB now had an extra man and were up and about, if anything OTH were LUCKY the whistle sounded when it did.

BAM
well you wont be opposed to a replay then so you can get the result you so richly deserved.... being the better side n all? its not as if you have to drive up to OTH for the replay, we are driving all the way to MB, n as long as a ref turns up we will be happy. n then you can get the 3 points that you believe the ref robbed from you by stopping the game early ;)

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Clever Trevor wrote:

the reason was he actually though MB had gone up 5-4, so blew the whistle to ensure they got the win. after the game he tried saying MB had won it, until a few guys from the MB club who had been watching told him otherwise. blatant cheat! for a fair result a replay is necessary I think. n if MB win the replay then fine, argument over... same as if OTH win it. at least the issue is settled then

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

othsc4life wrote:
sg5 wrote: MB now had an extra man and were up and about, if anything OTH were LUCKY the whistle sounded when it did.

BAM
well you wont be opposed to a replay then so you can get the result you so richly deserved.... being the better side n all? its not as if you have to drive up to OTH for the replay, we are driving all the way to MB, n as long as a ref turns up we will be happy. n then you can get the 3 points that you believe the ref robbed from you by stopping the game early ;)

WELL PLAYED!!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

othsc4life wrote:
Clever Trevor wrote:

the reason was he actually though MB had gone up 5-4, so blew the whistle to ensure they got the win. after the game he tried saying MB had won it, until a few guys from the MB club who had been watching told him otherwise. blatant cheat! for a fair result a replay is necessary I think. n if MB win the replay then fine, argument over... same as if OTH win it. at least the issue is settled then

for your sake it would have been better if he had stuck with that result, then you wouldn't have signed the team sheet and "replay" is guaranteed.

MuzzaStu111
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MuzzaStu111 »

How bout you drive down to Murray Bridge and we play the last 3mins you badly want!

Result is official see you at the family fun day! Hope you have a present for me!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MuzzaStu111 wrote:How bout you drive down to Murray Bridge and we play the last 3mins you badly want!

Result is official see you at the family fun day! Hope you have a present for me!

will there be an official ref for these 3 minutes. Sounds like your ref would blow the whistle 2 minutes before they kicked off.

Will the ref be able to count the number of goals this time?

Cantona.7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona.7 »

What's done is done.
Lesson learnt - don't play with a club ref in A Grade.
Good luck to Murray Bridge for the remainder of the year, see you in the return fixture.

blackandwhite
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by blackandwhite »

Torrens Valley club ref did the game against us and I think he is doing all their games so it will be more of the same this week for you guys. He was reasonably fair but when it came to sending thier players off(last man shirt pull stopped goal, two footed tackle when on yellow) he didnt make the tough decision.

Fudpucker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fudpucker »

blackandwhite wrote:Torrens Valley club ref did the game against us and I think he is doing all their games so it will be more of the same this week for you guys. He was reasonably fair but when it came to sending thier players off(last man shirt pull stopped goal, two footed tackle when on yellow) he didnt make the tough decision.
This is incorrect. Yes he did our game but it is the only one that he has done for us this year. The league appointed him to this fixture. He is not just a club referee, he is a SAASL/SAASRA referee.

I see complaints every week about could've/should've red cards so it's not just isolated to club referees.

roc1978
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by roc1978 »

Fudpucker wrote:
blackandwhite wrote:Torrens Valley club ref did the game against us and I think he is doing all their games so it will be more of the same this week for you guys. He was reasonably fair but when it came to sending thier players off(last man shirt pull stopped goal, two footed tackle when on yellow) he didnt make the tough decision.
This is incorrect. Yes he did our game but it is the only one that he has done for us this year. The league appointed him to this fixture. He is not just a club referee, he is a SAASL/SAASRA referee.

I see complaints every week about could've/should've red cards so it's not just isolated to club referees.
You got to be joking with your B grade ref. He is not a refs assh&*e, If the league are appointing him, they have a lot to answer for.

Loretta Jones
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Loretta Jones »

SAASL website lists result as 5-5.
Read 'em and weep boys