SUNDAY DIV 2 - ROUND 3 PREDICTIONS

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

SUNDAY DIV 2 - ROUND 3 PREDICTIONS

Post by bigpond »

so who is going to win this week after the week off???

my tips

Vista 0 - Fulham 2
knights 2 - limnos 1
pumas 1 - west beach 3
bosna 1 - ingle farm 1
macodenia 0 - phe 2

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

ud be dreaming if u think fulham will win 2-0
vista is a very physical side and i thin will make mince meat of fulham

Vista 3 - Fulham 0
knights 1 - limnos 2
pumas 2 - west beach 2
bosna 1 - ingle farm 2
macodenia 2 - phe 5
everyone is entitled to my opinion

tsss

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

2 results by Vista where they won 1-0 and lost 1-0 indicate they are a tight side but if u think Fulham are the Fulham of old where we might play nice soccer but dont get the results then u r wrong.

We are more physical now too so will welcome the challenge against Vista - hoping for a very tough but fair game.

U guys lost 1-0 to them and u wouldn't think Limnos to be a physical side and by ur posts on the match u reckon u guys were robbed by a corrupt ref and linesman so physical doens't always mean a win.

But yes it will be tough away from home but we think we can snatch the points.

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

yeah but the diff between fulham and limnos is that limnos is a much better outfit.

they are quality.

and yes exactly - away from home, be prepared to give up at least one oor 2 goals to the ref against vista. both in the As and Bs

tsss

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

[quote="arxidi"]yeah but the diff between fulham and limnos is that limnos is a much better outfit.

big call when u haven't seen us play yet.

Bring on the 4th of June at Collins Reserve - home of the black and whites.

A's and B's are looking 4ward to this clash...

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

how do u know i havnt seen u play???

look whos quick to get off the mark.

and considering we beat u guys in last years preason when u had brinias in goals....

all u fulham boys r good at is bagging other clubs.

nice person

tsss

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

if u r going on last years teams for both A's and B's then u r living very dangerously.

A's have 6 new players and B's have at least 7 or 8 new players - hence we have a C Team this year which we didn't last year - the depth is there.

And the most important thing we have is a new coach who knows what he is doing.....

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

we will c........................

over and out - arxidi

tsss

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Vista 2 - Fulham 1
knights 2 - limnos 0
pumas 0 - west beach 2
bosna 1 - ingle farm 2
macodenia 1 - phe 5

Couple of hard games this week. The old east are going as strong as ever!! Confidence is high at the club after the return of the old coach Keith Ryan and Garry Aitken. Scoring goals is a mere formality at the moment.

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

bigpond wrote:if u r going on last years teams for both A's and B's then u r living very dangerously.

A's have 6 new players and B's have at least 7 or 8 new players - hence we have a C Team this year which we didn't last year - the depth is there.

And the most important thing we have is a new coach who knows what he is doing.....
I think we have exceeded those numbers by far since we last played you guys.

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Dont take PHE to stiff Macedonia by 5 goals, thats gonna be a big ask they have a strong defence but struggle in front of goal. They also have 2 good keepers in the squad, give them a bit of respect or it could haunt you.

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

macedonia is greek

tsss

beach boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by beach boy »

we have played against vista, who are not that pysical, maybe as beach are a brittish club and we are similar,they did put out a team with a lot of youth, have they lost players out there? the only reason that the score was not more than 1-0 was because we had a man sent of inside 15 minutes after half time,not because they are a tight team, vista only created 1 maybe 2 chances and thats being generous as the were outside the box,

macedonia dont have a good defence or attack they have a good keeper and a few players skatterd through the team but thats all they were lucky to escape not to conseed more against us, maybe if we had a few games in the score may have been different.

limnos and fulham being ball playing teams they may find when someone tackles them they consider it tough? im not sure,

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Re: SUNDAY DIV 2 - ROUND 3 PREDICTIONS

Post by avenell_road »

Vista 2 - Fulham 1
knights 1 - limnos 1
pumas 1 - west beach 2
bosna 1 - ingle farm 3
macodenia 1 - phe 3

beach boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by beach boy »

Vista 0 - Fulham 2
knights 1 - limnos 1
pumas 0- west beach 3
bosna 0 - ingle farm 2
macodenia 1 - phe 4

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Vista 0 - Fulham 1
knights 2 - limnos 3
pumas 0- west beach 2
bosna 1 - ingle farm 2
macodenia 2 - phe 4

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

beach boy wrote:we have played against vista, who are not that pysical.

macedonia dont have a good defence or attack they have a good keeper and a few players skatterd through the team.

limnos and fulham being ball playing teams they may find when someone tackles them they consider it tough? im not sure,
very cocky beach boy - dont tell me cos u have Danny Mccombie now u think u r ultra tough - some peoples bark are bigger than there bite.

And saying Vista are not that good u only beat them 1-0 - u guys obviously r lacking strike force up front if u r saying Maco's r crap and only beat them 2-0.

I agree with harryhandsome in that Maco's have a tight defence and r well organised even if they lack a striker to score - I am sure PHE will not put 5 past them as some have predicted.

Looking forward to our derby against u guys and having another tussle with Mccombie as many of our players have had against him when he was at Maco's, Downs, Inter (have I missed any other clubs out that he has been too???)

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

critisising other cluubs bigpond will not work in ur favour.... if anything it will fire up other teams to kick ur ass.

anyways, beach boy, in regards to the physical side....... we had a good 5-6 injuries after both As and Bs games as results of harsh tackles. or it could be us whining... but yeah we copped a lot of injuries that game - some players are still out recovering.

tsss

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

I cant see why you are talking up Fullham Big Pond...... (I guess you have to??) When we played you guys there was definately no heart in you team. Even when you guys were two goals up early you never looked like you were winnning. As for your comment that you guys are harder now, i just couldn't see it the other week!!! I know on your day you could be a great side. Some great ball players in the middle. But it is the passion which counts for a lot in amatuer soccer.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

East Boy wrote:I cant see why you are talking up Fullham Big Pond...... (I guess you have to??) When we played you guys there was definately no heart in you team. i just couldn't see it the other week!!! I know on your day you could be a great side. Some great ball players in the middle. But it is the passion which counts for a lot in amatuer soccer.
granted we might have thought it was going to be a cake walk in DIV 2 when we were up 2-0 inside 10mins against u guys but we chatted about it Tues after the match and realised we had to dig deep and were so happy if we were going to have an ordinary game it was going to be in the 1st game of the season and plenty of time to rectify that.

If u saw our game against Maco's it was exactly what DIV 2 is all about - scrappy, hard fought and desperate soccer and we delivered to win 1-0.

We got the bad 1 out the way so expect results in the ocming weeks to be much better.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Looking forward to it big pond!!! :lol: You guys have always given us a good game and was a bit of an anti climax for myself. The two relegated 1st div teams playing eachother. So are maco's any good really?? You've seen us and them play. Any handy hints for the weekend? I've heard here somewhere they have a good keeper and an ok defence.

beach boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by beach boy »

ball boy if maco's defending is there strength(as you keep saying), the are going to struggle as they are not that good.you mention not giving them any respect, how about giving them to much.
i mentioned that we played vista with 10 men for almost [b]half the game[/b], they had 3 0r 4 shots at goal all out side the box, sometimes when your winning you dont have to chase goals, that can lead to conceeding,

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Vista 3 - Fulham 1
knights 1 - limnos 1
pumas 2 - west beach 3
bosna 1 - ingle farm 5
macodenia 1 - phe 2

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Vista 2 v Fulham 2
Knights 1 v Limnos 0
Pumas 1 V West Beach 3
Bosna 0 v Ingle Farm 4
Macedonia 0 v PHE 3

Must say that playing Ingle Farm in the reserves was a pleasure good clean game very well refereed (Ex Official Referee who I think might be a club official but very fair and we lost 3-1!)

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

vista 1 fulham 1
knights 1 limnos 2
pumas 1 west beach 1
bosna 1 ingle farm 3
mac 0 phe 0

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

phe will win by atleast 3. unfortunately maco not as good as the teams of a few yrs ago.
farm will get the points
vista will be to tuff for fulam, but will have to hit them early and not let them play.
limnos and nights. who cares. niether will be contenders
west beach v's pumas, could be a tight one. but think wb will get the points