SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE PREDICTIONS - R4 - 12-5-13

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE PREDICTIONS - R4 - 12-5-13

Post by Robbo »

Bradman Oval
Parafield Gardens – Para Hills West -:-

Mofflin Rd
Elizabeth Vale – Elizabeth Downs -:-

Collins Reserve
Fulham United – Ingle Farm -:-

Underdown Park
Salisbury Inter – West Beach -:-

Richardson Reserve
Modbury Vista – Pontian Eagles -:-
Last edited by Robbo on Thu May 09, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sufc13s
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE PREDICTIONS - R4 - 12-5-13

Post by sufc13s »

Parafield Gardens 3– Para Hills West -:-1

Elizabeth Vale1 – Elizabeth Downs 2

Fulham United 2 – Ingle Farm 3

Salisbury Inter 4– West Beach 1

Modbury Vista 0 – Pontian Eagles 4

manu16
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by manu16 »

Parafield Gardens 2 - Para Hills West 1

Elizabeth Vale 3 - Elizabeth Downs 2

Fulham United 1 - Ingle Farm 2

Salisbury Inter 3 - West Beach 0

Modbury Vista 2 - Pontian Eagles 2

Ginger Tonkin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ginger Tonkin »

Parafield Gardens 2 - Para Hills West 0

Elizabeth Vale 0 - Elizabeth Downs 2

Fulham United 0 - Ingle Farm 2

Salisbury Inter 1 - West Beach 1

Modbury Vista 0 - Pontian Eagles 0

romanes eunt domus
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by romanes eunt domus »

Nuggets nobodies 2 westies 1

Bung fritzers 0 downs bluebloods 3

Battle for the wooden spoon Fulham and farmers 0-0 draw

In the game nobody cares about inter and beaches 2-2

Vista 1 pontians 2

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

Parafield Gardens 1 - Para Hills West 1 - Westies tight at the back

Elizabeth Vale 1 - Elizabeth Downs 1- Vale a point at home

Fulham United 2 - Ingle Farm 1 - Simmo to be called in Presidents office after the game and fired

Salisbury Inter 2 - West Beach 0 - Beach will go backwards now

Modbury Vista 1 - Pontian Eagles 0 - Vista to win in the predicted mud

easily bored
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by easily bored »

Gardens no midfield and too fat. draw
Vale to kick the downs midfield to pieces. Vale
Simmo gone. 1-0 Fulham
Inter 7-0
Vista game to be called off @70 min. Pitch invasion.

Farpost
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Farpost »

Parafield 2 v 1 PHW :Gardens can't afford a slip after falling to the Downs
Elizabeth Vale 2 V 2 Elizabeth Downs : Usually a tight one & form to date suggests this will be no different
Fulham 0 V 1 Ingle Farm : Season over for Farmers if they don't win here
Salisbury Inter 1 V 1 West Beach : Beach shown enough to date to grab a point at Inter
Modbury Vista 2 V 1 Pontian Eagles : Vista's pace will worry Pontian

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

terminator wrote:Fulham United 2 - Ingle Farm 1 - Simmo to be called in Presidents office after the game and fired
That will be one interesting conversation... I'd love to be a fly on that wall in that office! :lol:

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

jogger wrote:
terminator wrote:Fulham United 2 - Ingle Farm 1 - Simmo to be called in Presidents office after the game and fired
That will be one interesting conversation... I'd love to be a fly on that wall in that office! :lol:
I dont think Simmo would be laughing if they lost - 4 from 4 - if the club is serious about it's future then he should be gone if he loses - he has had plenty of years and time to get new blood into the club.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

terminator wrote:
jogger wrote:
I dont think Simmo would be laughing if they lost - 4 from 4 - if the club is serious about it's future then he should be gone if he loses - he has had plenty of years and time to get new blood into the club.

PFFFFFT

whatever sunshine

sirstevieg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sirstevieg »

Parafield Gardens 2 - Para Hills West 1

Elizabeth Vale 1 - Elizabeth Downs 1

Fulham United 0 - Ingle Farm 2

Salisbury Inter 3 - West Beach 1

Modbury Vista 2 - Pontian Eagles 1
We are Liverpool Football Club and the expectations are so high.
Steven Gerrard

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

terminator wrote:
jogger wrote:
First and foremost, Simmo does a fantastic job with the resources at hand! Secondly, Simmo is not involved in the selection of the coach, he is appointed by the committee. Lastly, like all other coaches in the league, Simmo will be judged based on the results over the whole season and not the first couple of games!

easily bored
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by easily bored »

So if hypothetically Farm lose 9 games in a row Simmo's job is safe? No wonder Farm have not performed, no need to.

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

easily bored wrote:So if hypothetically Farm lose 9 games in a row Simmo's job is safe? No wonder Farm have not performed, no need to.
Clearly you are bored throwing out comments like that... :lol:

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

LOL if Ingle Farm was to sack Simmo, his phone would be ringing off the hook from other clubs who would jump to have his services !!!

We are very fortunate to have one of the best coaches in this league, and the club will support and stand by him until he no longer wants that position. I think you might find he would be the longest serving coach in the Sunday Premier League ?

Ingle Farm haven't played badly in any of their games thus far, a few silly mistakes on the park have been very costly, we are slowly ironing them out.

Beware the sleeping tiger, the coaches and players are hungry for a win !!

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

jogger wrote:
With Jay away I think he's both at the moment so I'd say he'd be the only one at the meeting.

Besides & I'm certainly not one to pump the Farm up but bit hard on Simmo he has & does a great job for Farm I think its the squad that should be brought into a meeting if the lose this week.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

easily bored
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by easily bored »

Sleeping Tigers end up as rugs on the floor.My analogy would be sinking ship. Good players go to teams that have ambition and drive. Not to teams prepared to be mediocre.

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

easily bored wrote:Sleeping Tigers end up as rugs on the floor.My analogy would be sinking ship. Good players go to teams that have ambition and drive. Not to teams prepared to be mediocre.
Haha... don't you mean where they are offered the biggest payments? :shock:

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Farm have played The Mongs Gardens & Bungers in the first 3 Rnd's
Lets not get to excited about what will/should happen to Simmo !!
We are only at Rnd 4 of an 18 Rnd league !!!
Every Rat has his day !!

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by 4-4-2 »

terminator wrote:
jogger wrote:
Sherminator you :clown:

2 weeks in a row bagging simo. Perhaps you might like to enlighten us all on your coaching cv in the amateur league?

As a farm player ill cop criticism of our results thus far but despite us not getting the results the performances haven't been that bad when you consider the resources that simo has to work with compared with some other clubs in the league.

7 years in div 1 and never finishing lower than 3rd is a result that the club and simo are quite rightly proud of not to mention the cup win in 2009 and ongoing success of the reserves.

First year in div 1 farm finished a close 2nd without wining in the first 3 games so there is hope so I'm sure simo and the lads are confident the poor start can be turned around.

As for you keep trolling behind your keyboard cos simo and the farm will rise above your thinly veiled comments, but you will always be a half witted loser

easily bored
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by easily bored »

Dont get me wrong. Simmo is a top bloke. But surely supporters crave trophies. Deserve trophies. Maybe when support drops off changes will be made albeit far too late.

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

easily bored wrote:Dont get me wrong. Simmo is a top bloke. But surely supporters crave trophies. Deserve trophies. Maybe when support drops off changes will be made albeit far too late.
I spoke with all 5 of their supporters and they are definitely getting frustrated.

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Very harsh on Simmo. He's had his side in the top 3 every year on what I'm led to believe is a very low budget. I've always had an admiration for Farm and the way they play. Victims of a tough start I think this season but as everyone says its a marathon not a sprint. In saying that though

Gardens v West- West pulled a surprise result against Vista last start and may even shock Gardens here. If they work hard and don't give time on the ball they will do well. Draw

Vale v Downs- typical derby here where form flies out the window. I think Downs quality should still prevail here but only just.

Fulham v Farm- Farm to kick start their season this week

Inter v Beach- Inter should account for this one at home

Vista v Pontians- We go into this one ready for a tough game especially if the weather is as expected this Sunday.
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Se7en
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Se7en »

Simmo is quality. Never played for him but many times against his sides. Always well drilled, hungry and professional. It seems a bit premature that people are calling for his head at this early stage given his track record. It's not the EPL where millions of dollars are at stake. Stating the obvious I know. I'm sure simmo couldn't give a toss about all of these negative posts about him.

Hit the Post
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hit the Post »

Robbo wrote:LOL if Ingle Farm was to sack Simmo, his phone would be ringing off the hook from other clubs who would jump to have his services !!!

We are very fortunate to have one of the best coaches in this league, and the club will support and stand by him until he no longer wants that position. I think you might find he would be the longest serving coach in the Sunday Premier League ?

Ingle Farm haven't played badly in any of their games thus far, a few silly mistakes on the park have been very costly, we are slowly ironing them out.

Beware the sleeping tiger, the coaches and players are hungry for a win !!
Farm will come good. They always do. Don't be surprised if they go on a huge winning streak this year. They do it every bloody year.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Good to see we are all talking about us.

Don't worry about Simo. We've been beaten by the two best sides on paper and we could have easily had 4 points from those games. We were poor against Vale and got beaten.

Maybe your clubs like to make snap decisions but Farm is too well run to do things like that. We could go and spend an absolute fortune, win a league and then go bust but what good does that do the club. We are looking for sustained, long term success. We don't have the income like the Big 2-3 clubs do so we make sure we get the best out of those we can attract. I think that is something that Simo does better than any coach does in the league and why he has continued on.

If you think Simo's coaching abilities aren't good enough then thats fine. In the last 4 years, he has been approached by 5 of the current Div 1 clubs, a few clubs that have now been relegated from Div 1 as well as 3 Fed clubs. He has the support of the players, committee and everyone else in the club. Maybe he doesn't have the support of those outside of the club but thats fine with us.

One final point, we still haven't been able to put even 3/4 of our best first team out on the park in the first 3 games or in the preseason. Once we do, I feel confident results will go our way :)

What clubs are you two involved with out of interest Easily Bored and Terminator?

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

Jay Walking wrote: What clubs are you two involved with out of interest Easily Bored and Terminator?
West Beach Jay and gd to have 1 of Simmos old boys playing with us this year - he has been involved there and knows a few things that others might not know or what u don't what to talk about :wink:

Cantona.7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona.7 »

Didn't a bloke who failed to win a trophy with Everton just get appointed to the most prestigious club on the planet this week.
Farm are always up there, and pretty sure they don't splash the cash that other clubs do in Div 1.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

terminator wrote:
Jay Walking wrote: What clubs are you two involved with out of interest Easily Bored and Terminator?
West Beach Jay and gd to have 1 of Simmos old boys playing with us this year - he has been involved there and knows a few things that others might not know or what u don't what to talk about :wink:
Yeah, he's one of my best mates. He still comes to Farm functions and trust me, I've heard everything he's got to say on the topic :lol:

BTW, you have two of Simo's ex players there plus your coach is an ex farmer who played under Simo.