Any Fixture - League format news??

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Any Fixture - League format news??

Post by PASC »

MP Magician 13 wrote:I am not at stingrays but, I do know that as of a week ago, they only had 1 team (if that)
Not fair to any team in div4 IMO but can someone post the fixtures at all?
Also does anyone know when team rego and bare minimum player rego done by?
i thought that was 22nd March ?
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Hahaha... the joys of running an amateur club :D

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

Sat Div 5:

We (Mt Compass) didn't get the numbers to keep two teams going without forfeiting a heap of b'grade games like some teams do year in year out. As that is unfair, we nominated to drop to Div 5 Sat. Having previously been Div 5 Sun, and entering as an a'grade team, we expected 3pm kick offs.

Sat Div 5 has changed drastically in the last week and there are now, as i understand it, 6 or 7 c'grade teams (last week i thin there were only 3 or 4). As our players were expecting 3pm ko's many have committed to coaching youth teams at various clubs in the south, or have arranged work around that ko time.

I have asked the league for clarity on the ko times, as they have not been given to us, and was told that they were supposed to have sent a letter regarding this issue. They are now sending it today, but would not give ko times over the phone. Advising only that we could negotiate our ko times.

Our home ground is generally unavailable before 12.30pm due to junior games, and with players being committed to youth games in the mornings we may be struggling to get enough players to away ko's if they're at 11am.

The joys of amateur football!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

when this happened in previous years. When an "A Grade side" were at home they were 3pm kick offs. When the "C Grade side" was at home then it was an 11:30pm kick off.

The same as your pitch is unavailable earlier, the C Grade sides pitches are not normally available later.

Collins
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Collins »

Good luck in season 2013. Hope you to see you up further on the ladder this year.
Must have been tough but good to see you never give up.