CITY OF SALISBURY MAYORS CUP 2013

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

CITY OF SALISBURY MAYORS CUP 2013

Post by lefty »

The competition will be in its 5th year since commencing in 2009 & continues to be a great success for all involved and is well supported by players & spectators. Due to its success we increased the number of teams participating to 8 from SAASL clubs that are based in the City of Salisbury council area including Parafield Gardens, Para Hills East, Para Hills West, Salisbury Florina, Salisbury Inter, Ingle Farm, Brahma Lodge & now Pontian Eagles. The purpose of the competition is to participate in high quality preseason games in a well organised competition & to build stronger relationships with our neighbouring Amateur League clubs. Congratulations again to Para Hills East Soccer Club for winning the cup in 2012.

The dates for 2013 at this point will be Sunday 10th, 17th & 24th February for the preliminary rounds & Sunday 3rd March being the finals. Dates will be confirmed once SAASL calender is finalised.

Participating clubs all get the opportunity to host the event on a rotation basis with the preliminary rounds of the 2013 competition being played at Pontian Eagles Soccer Club Yulumba Drive Paralowie & Salisbury Inter Soccer Club Underdown Park Nangari Drive Salisbury North with all the finals being played at Salisbury Inter Soccer Club.

Further details & draw for the Mayors Cup will be posted following the meeting of clubs in November/December. Thanks again to the clubs for supporting the competiton & look forward to what will be an exciting preseason again in 2013.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Talk Is Cheap
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: CITY OF SALISBURY MAYORS CUP 2013

Post by Talk Is Cheap »

Not getting too big is it ?
Steven C Gull

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

lefty wrote:The competition will be in its 5th year since commencing in 2009 & continues to be a great success for all involved and is well supported by players & spectators. Due to its success we increased the number of teams participating to 8 from SAASL clubs that are based in the City of Salisbury council area including Parafield Gardens, Para Hills East, Para Hills West, Salisbury Florina, Salisbury Inter, Ingle Farm, Brahma Lodge & now Pontian Eagles. The purpose of the competition is to participate in high quality preseason games in a well organised competition & to build stronger relationships with our neighbouring Amateur League clubs. Congratulations again to Para Hills East Soccer Club for winning the cup in 2012.

The dates for 2013 at this point will be Sunday 10th, 17th & 24th February for the preliminary rounds & Sunday 3rd March being the finals. Dates will be confirmed once SAASL calender is finalised.

Participating clubs all get the opportunity to host the event on a rotation basis with the preliminary rounds of the 2013 competition being played at Pontian Eagles Soccer Club Yulumba Drive Paralowie & Salisbury Inter Soccer Club Underdown Park Nangari Drive Salisbury North with all the finals being played at Salisbury Inter Soccer Club.

Further details & draw for the Mayors Cup will be posted following the meeting of clubs in November/December. Thanks again to the clubs for supporting the competiton & look forward to what will be an exciting preseason again in 2013.
Is that earlier than normal?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Talk Is Cheap wrote:Not getting too big is it ?
same amount of teams as last year

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Jay Walking wrote:
lefty wrote:The competition will be in its 5th year since commencing in 2009 & continues to be a great success for all involved and is well supported by players & spectators. Due to its success we increased the number of teams participating to 8 from SAASL clubs that are based in the City of Salisbury council area including Parafield Gardens, Para Hills East, Para Hills West, Salisbury Florina, Salisbury Inter, Ingle Farm, Brahma Lodge & now Pontian Eagles. The purpose of the competition is to participate in high quality preseason games in a well organised competition & to build stronger relationships with our neighbouring Amateur League clubs. Congratulations again to Para Hills East Soccer Club for winning the cup in 2012.

Is that earlier than normal?
Nah, we started Feb 12th this year.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Although the pre-season cups are good for those involved it does limit their opportunity to interact with other clubs pre-season....ie they have pretty much the same pre-season games every season.
For example...most of Southern Knights league battles are against Northern sides.....Knights would relish the opportunity to travel North play the Downs and Modbury Vista but have to wait for dates of the Playford and Salisbury Mayors Cups before finding out what dates are available...

PS....do they allow interchange during the Salisbury Mayor's Cup ?
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

swannsong wrote:Although the pre-season cups are good for those involved it does limit their opportunity to interact with other clubs pre-season....ie they have pretty much the same pre-season games every season.
For example...most of Southern Knights league battles are against Northern sides.....Knights would relish the opportunity to travel North play the Downs and Modbury Vista but have to wait for dates of the Playford and Salisbury Mayors Cups before finding out what dates are available...

PS....do they allow interchange during the Salisbury Mayor's Cup ?
I always do it same time every year & let everyone know early so clubs can arrange other preseason games. The comp is 2 groups of 4 & is different mix every year & yes we have unlimited interchange. As far as I'm aware everyone involved players & clubs enjoy it & want to be a part of it each year. So if you want to have southern knights play Gardens you can book early :wink:

As long as everyone wants be involved in the Salisbury Mayors Cup I'm happy to keep organising it who knows it might go for 10yrs :shock:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

I think it's great & lefty has done an amazing job in getting it off the ground & growing it.
It takes pressure off clubs like us who can hold preseason games at home & let's be honest it's easier than organizing 6 separate games, all away. not to mention all the clubs are quality teams.

Only thing I can say is that it would be great slightly closer to the start of the season as last year I think we had 3 weeks to fill before the start of the season.
I think we ended up playing something crazy like 8 games before the start of the season!
Clearly we peaked too early
Still ended up with silverware I guess...... :oops:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

lefty wrote:So if you want to have southern knights play Gardens you can book early :wink:

We want to play teams that might test us.... :wink:

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

swannsong wrote:
lefty wrote:So if you want to have southern knights play Gardens you can book early :wink:

As apposed to thumping ... :wink:
Every Rat has his day !!

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

swannsong wrote:

Is the coach coming back to Australia ???? :shock:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Rodent wrote:
swannsong wrote:

As apposed to thumping ... :wink:
Pfft...we knocked Fulham out of the Cup and had Elizabeth Downs on the ropes until they (as in Mark Kelly) scored 4 past us !!!!!!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

bloodypassit wrote:
swannsong wrote:

Is the coach coming back to Australia ???? :shock:
Next you'll ask me what next weeks OZ lotto number will be ?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Maybe I know the answer to my question :wink:

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by justmyopinion »

Why isn't Salisbury united included?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

bloodypassit wrote:Maybe I know the answer to my question :wink:

....Maybe you do....

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

justmyopinion wrote:Why isn't Salisbury united included?
The FFSA wouldnt allow it

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

swannsong wrote:

....Maybe you do....
Why don't you two go & have your conversation in your own City of Onkaparinga Cup...oopps that's right you don't have one. Surely swanny with you on council & bloodypassit the most influential president down south you could organise one.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

lefty wrote:
swannsong wrote:

....Maybe you do....
Why don't you two go & have your conversation in your own City of Onkaparinga Cup...oopps that's right you don't have one. Surely swanny with you on council & bloodypassit the most influential ex-president down south you could organise one.
There was one in 2011......and there is one being planned for next year .....

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

lefty wrote:
swannsong wrote:

....Maybe you do....
Why don't you two go & have your conversation in your own City of Onkaparinga Cup...oopps that's right you don't have one. Surely swanny with you on council & bloodypassit the most influential president down south you could organise one.
It's not as if forumites from the Northern areas always stick to their own threads lefty. :)

Southern Knights currently hold ( from 2011) a trophy ( which I personally donated ) for a Southern Areas Cup (Sturt Marion, Seaford, Southern Knights, South Coast United - mostly organised by bloodypassit) ....last years pre-season was a bit of a mess, ground availabilty, not sure we were still going to have a club, not sure of Coach, people walking away because they didn't feel they were recognized at presentation night, other Clubs in the South struggling for numbers...
You would have to admit that Northern areas SAASL clubs are usually stronger (Premier + Division 2) than their Southern counterparts (mostly below Division 2)....and as we share our ground with Southern Districts cricket and South Adelaide Panthers, we were looking for mostly away games against "higher standard" teams.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

swannsong wrote:last years pre-season was a bit of a mess
I know, I mean even pizza's couldn't be arranged!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

God is an Englishman wrote:
swannsong wrote:last years pre-season was a bit of a mess
I know, I mean even pizza's couldn't be arranged!
They could have been arranged...just weren't...demarcation dispute :wink:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Do one Swanny. Would be great for the Southern Clubs.

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

Brahma Lodge have informed Lefty they will not be participating in season 2013.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

LRO wrote:Brahma Lodge have informed Lefty they will not be participating in season 2013.
Why not LRO?

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Jay Walking wrote:
LRO wrote:Brahma Lodge have informed Lefty they will not be participating in season 2013.
Why not LRO?
He doesn't have to justify his decision Jay they obviously have better plans for preseason & all the best to the Brahma boys.

We have other clubs that would love the opportunity to be involved. If any other club is interested just send a PM or call me on 0411 858 488.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Can confirm that Salisbury Villa has taken Brahma's position in the Mayors Cup in 2013 & we thank them for agreeing to be part of it & I hope it helps them with their seasons preparations.

Considering the late start to next season (13/14 April) we may start one week later 17/2 & finals 10/3, however all will be confirmed including the draw (2 groups of 4) following the meeting of clubs & posted early in the new year.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

lefty wrote:Can confirm that Salisbury Villa has taken Brahma's position in the Mayors Cup in 2013 & we thank them for agreeing to be part of it & I hope it helps them with their seasons preparations.

Considering the late start to next season (13/14 April) we may start one week later 17/2 & finals 10/3, however all will be confirmed including the draw (2 groups of 4) following the meeting of clubs & posted early in the new year.
Bit tricky moving it now considering other pre season games have been booked.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Jay Walking wrote:
lefty wrote:Can confirm that Salisbury Villa has taken Brahma's position in the Mayors Cup in 2013 & we thank them for agreeing to be part of it & I hope it helps them with their seasons preparations.

Bit tricky moving it now considering other pre season games have been booked.
If thats the case it will stay as is but with give clubs chance to consider before the meeting hopefully late next week.

bomber Harris
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bomber Harris »

Anyone heard Pontians aren't moving North now?
Bloke at work who plays for SF, tells me they are staying at HQ for another year??
Could make things hard if that's the case.

PS Happy New Year
"We Fear No Foe"