CITY OF SALISBURY MAYORS CUP 2013

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: CITY OF SALISBURY MAYORS CUP 2013

Post by Jay Walking »

lefty wrote:
Mr X wrote:
lefty wrote:SALISBURY MAYORS CUP FINALS SUNDAY 3RD MARCH
@ Underdown Park Nangari Drive Salisbury North

Pitch 2 (florina) Playoff 5th/6th - Parafield Gardens vs Ingle Farm (1pm KO)
A new look Gardens team playing good football but not showing it on the score sheet vs Farm who seem to have lost a couple of players from last year but whether the new players can fill those holes remains to be seen. Id expect the flood gates to open for Gardens.

Pitch 1 (inter) Playoff 7th/8th - Salisbury Villa vs Para Hills East (2pm KO)
Both teams relegated in 2012 season but Villa competitive in the first 2 rounds against Gardens & Westies but overwhelmed last week by Pontian vs Easties who have had some close games only going down by 1 goal & I think we will see another close game here.

Pitch 2 (florina) Playoff 3rd/4th - Pontian Eagles vs Salisbury Florina (3pm KO)
Pontian after an ordinary start & low on numbers in round 1 have certainly turned it around with new recruits & scoring 15 goals in 2 weeks & Florina who had a surprising result against Farm last week. There will be a lot of rivalry in this game with Azza against his old club but I'd expect Pontian to be too strong.

Pitch 1 (inter) Playoff 1st/2nd - Para Hills West vs Salisbury Inter (4pm KO)
The major final with both club being undefeated group winners Westies who have been very solid & physical in the minor rounds & have a quality keeper in Brooks vs Inter who I'm sure will want to continue a trend of hosts winning the cup & Cooky having won it twice before but I can see this going to penalties.

Prize money for the event will be $2,000 and distributed as follows:
First - $800; Second $400; Third & Fourth $200ea; Sixth to Eighth $100ea
The winner will also receive a $500 voucher courtesy of JS Sports.

RESERVES FINAL
Pitch 1 (inter) - Para Hills West vs Ingle Farm (12pm KO)

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us & look forward to seeing a great crowd enjoying some quality local football & there will be plenty of food & beverages available (so no need for an easky :wink: ). The mayor Gillian Aldridge with Alex & Bill from SAASL will be in attendance for the presentation immediately after the major final. The Derek Rayner medal will also be awarded for the competitions best player. All the best to everyone involved & thanks for being part of another preseason competition.
Whats an Easky?
Im sure if you went to the world cup in Sth Africa the stadium security would have told you "sorry sir you cant bring that easky in here!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic!

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

lefty wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:
lefty wrote:SALISBURY MAYORS CUP FINALS SUNDAY 3RD MARCH
@ Underdown Park Nangari Drive Salisbury North

Pitch 2 (florina) Playoff 5th/6th - Parafield Gardens vs Ingle Farm (1pm KO)
A new look Gardens team playing good football but not showing it on the score sheet vs Farm who seem to have lost a couple of players from last year but whether the new players can fill those holes remains to be seen. Id expect the flood gates to open for Gardens.

Pitch 1 (inter) Playoff 7th/8th - Salisbury Villa vs Para Hills East (2pm KO)
Both teams relegated in 2012 season but Villa competitive in the first 2 rounds against Gardens & Westies but overwhelmed last week by Pontian vs Easties who have had some close games only going down by 1 goal & I think we will see another close game here.

Pitch 2 (florina) Playoff 3rd/4th - Pontian Eagles vs Salisbury Florina (3pm KO)
Pontian after an ordinary start & low on numbers in round 1 have certainly turned it around with new recruits & scoring 15 goals in 2 weeks & Florina who had a surprising result against Farm last week. There will be a lot of rivalry in this game with Azza against his old club but I'd expect Pontian to be too strong.

Pitch 1 (inter) Playoff 1st/2nd - Para Hills West vs Salisbury Inter (4pm KO)
The major final with both club being undefeated group winners Westies who have been very solid & physical in the minor rounds & have a quality keeper in Brooks vs Inter who I'm sure will want to continue a trend of hosts winning the cup & Cooky having won it twice before but I can see this going to penalties.

Prize money for the event will be $2,000 and distributed as follows:
First - $800; Second $400; Third & Fourth $200ea; Sixth to Eighth $100ea
The winner will also receive a $500 voucher courtesy of JS Sports.

RESERVES FINAL
Pitch 1 (inter) - Para Hills West vs Ingle Farm (12pm KO)

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us & look forward to seeing a great crowd enjoying some quality local football & there will be plenty of food & beverages available (so no need for an easky :wink: ). The mayor Gillian Aldridge with Alex & Bill from SAASL will be in attendance for the presentation immediately after the major final. The Derek Rayner medal will also be awarded for the competitions best player. All the best to everyone involved & thanks for being part of another preseason competition.
I think we will throw this game as sixth to eigth get $100 and fifth gets nothing.
Gardens dont need the money so your right nothing for 5th :wink:
Excellent. Will take the money no matter the result then :)

Shark
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Shark »

Take the money to QLD ? :wink:
didnt someone else do that :lol:

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

RESULTS FINALS SUNDAY 3RD MARCH
Reserves Final
Para Hills West 4-3 Ingle Farm after penalties

Mayors Cup
Salisbury Villa (8th) 1-2 Para Hills East (7th)
Parafield Gardens (5th) 3-2 Ingle Farm (6th)
Pontian Eagles (3rd) 6-5 Salisbury Florina (4th) after penalties
Para Hills West (r/up) 0-1 Salisbury Inter (winner)

Congratulations to Salisbury Inter on winning the Mayors Cup & to Para Hills West on winning the Reserves Cup. The Derek Rayner Medal for Player of the Competition went to Aaron Westervelt.

Well done to everyone at Pontian & Inter for hosting another successful Mayors Cup. Thanks to all the clubs, coaches, players, referees & spectators for supporting this competition. Games are always played in good spirits & its fantastic to see such strong club relations & respect shown amongst the Salisbury Clubs.

Next years host will be Salisbury Villa & Ingle Farm who will also host the finals. Good luck to all for the season proper.

See on the sidelines.....Lefty
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

lefty wrote:RESULTS FINALS SUNDAY 3RD MARCH
Reserves Final

Mayors Cup

Congratulations to Salisbury Inter on winning the Mayors Cup & to Para Hills West on winning the Reserves Cup. The Derek Rayner Medal for Player of the Competition went to Aaron Westervelt.

Well done to everyone at Pontian & Inter for hosting another successful Mayors Cup. Thanks to all the clubs, coaches, players, referees & spectators for supporting this competition. Games are always played in good spirits & its fantastic to see such strong club relations & respect shown amongst the Salisbury Clubs.

Next years host will be Salisbury Villa & Ingle Farm who will also host the finals. Good luck to all for the season proper.

Good work Lefty. Well Done to Inter on winning the Cup. Great to hear Azza back in the SAASL and playing well.

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

Jay Walking wrote:
Reserves Final

Mayors Cup

Good work Lefty. Well Done to Inter on winning the Cup. Great to hear Azza back in the SAASL and playing well.
Azza is definately back! Should have seen him blow a fuse during one of the breaks... it was probably justified though!

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

jogger wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:
Reserves Final

Mayors Cup

Azza is definately back! Should have seen him blow a fuse during one of the breaks... it was probably justified though!
Probably? Probably? More like definitely! We should have put 10 past them. 3 posts, 2 pen shouts not given (one seeing a yellow given to our striker for diving even though Pontian keeper admitted touching our striker), 2 disallowed goals plus a host of misses and great saves from the Eagles keeper. Was all one way traffic.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

I thought that george was the only player that kept them in it :wink:

LUFC22
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by LUFC22 »

ontheblackburner wrote:
jogger wrote: Azza is definately back! Should have seen him blow a fuse during one of the breaks... it was probably justified though!
Probably? Probably? More like definitely! We should have put 10 past them. 3 posts, 2 pen shouts not given (one seeing a yellow given to our striker for diving even though Pontian keeper admitted touching our striker), 2 disallowed goals plus a host of misses and great saves from the Eagles keeper. Was all one way traffic.
i watched the first 40mins and thought you guys shoulda been 2-3 goals up. that big fella up front will win games for you on his own...

Vale_boy05
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Vale_boy05 »

LUFC22 wrote:
ontheblackburner wrote:
jogger wrote: Azza is definately back! Should have seen him blow a fuse during one of the breaks... it was probably justified though!
i watched the first 40mins and thought you guys shoulda been 2-3 goals up. that big fella up front will win games for you on his own...
Im asuming thats Emblem?

Very good player.

Paipss Cisse
he scores when he wants.

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

Vale_boy05 wrote:Im asuming thats Emblem?

Very good player.
Tall lad up front with very good feet... no ofference to Florina however this guy is way too good to be playing div 2 football. With his talent he should be causing headaches to div 1 defences week in week out.

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Gjaneto. He's been with us since we were in Div 1. Great player and a great club man.
#venkysout

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

ontheblackburner wrote:Gjaneto. He's been with us since we were in Div 1. Great player and a great club man.
I don't think you could argue he is too good for div 2 though! No doubt he gets offers every year to just ship. Pity a player of his ability isn't playing in div 1 each week though.

Dickie Bird
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dickie Bird »

There are players like this scattered throughout the league, playing in lower divisions yet good enough to play div 1 whether that be Saturday or Sunday.
I think it is excellent that he chooses to stick by his club.

LUFC22
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by LUFC22 »

Dickie Bird wrote:There are players like this scattered throughout the league, playing in lower divisions yet good enough to play div 1 whether that be Saturday or Sunday.
Ill second that! Dont see it often enough.... Start calling him Totti 8)

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Dickie Bird wrote:There are players like this scattered throughout the league, playing in lower divisions yet good enough to play div 1 whether that be Saturday or Sunday.
Neil Childs is one. There would be quite a few others.

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Jay Walking wrote:
Some of those players that play in lower divisions like to be the big
fish ..... but in Div 1 they wouldn't be standouts ..!!
But there are those that play to coach & help to establish teams Boree is another like Childsy
Every Rat has his day !!

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Jay Walking wrote:
I'm another: Sunday Div 7 has not seen anything of the likes of me before
#venkysout

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

ontheblackburner wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:
I'm another: Sunday Div 7 has not seen anything of the likes of me before
Short round and slow are a dime a dozen in Div7 :wink: :)
Every Rat has his day !!

Dickie Bird
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dickie Bird »

That's not what the coaching advertisement for Parafield's C2 team says!

bomber Harris
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bomber Harris »

I'm another: Sunday Div 7 has not seen anything of the likes of me before[/quote]
Short round and slow are a dime a dozen in Div7 :wink: :)[/quote]

I thought that was us in div 10, all the Ol Buggas :lol: :lol:
"We Fear No Foe"

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

bomber Harris wrote:
Rodent wrote:Short round and slow are a dime a dozen in Div7 :wink: :)
I thought that was us in div 10, all the Ol Buggas :lol: :lol:
It's anything below Div 4 ... It's us that want to play but look like we shouldn't :wink:
Every Rat has his day !!

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Not sure what you mean by this post :?
Dickie Bird wrote:That's not what the coaching advertisement for Parafield's C2 team says!

And while your at it you might as well explain this post that way I can kill two Dickie Birds with one stone.
Dickie Bird wrote: What is the legacy of an outgoing Chairman?
The success he has during his reign or the state of his club when he leaves?
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

lefty wrote:Not sure what you mean by this post :?
Dickie Bird wrote:That's not what the coaching advertisement for Parafield's C2 team says!

And while your at it you might as well explain this post that way I can kill two Dickie Birds with one stone.
Hey Lefty I think Dickie Bird has flown south..!! That or he is the two in the hand type bird !
Every Rat has his day !!

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Rodent wrote:
lefty wrote:Not sure what you mean by this post :?

Hey Lefty I think Dickie Bird has flown south..!! That or he is the two in the hand type bird !
Nah I reckon he's a hiding in the bush with a mate type

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

lefty wrote:
Rodent wrote: Hey Lefty I think Dickie Bird has flown south..!! That or he is the two in the hand type bird !
Oh he's the "Waitin for a Mate" type !!!
Every Rat has his day !!

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Rodent wrote:
lefty wrote:
Rodent wrote: Hey Lefty I think Dickie Bird has flown south..!! That or he is the two in the hand type bird !
Oh he's the "Waitin for a Mate" type !!!
DICKIE BIRD EXPOSED!!
HA'WAY THE LADS

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
Rodent wrote: Oh he's the "Waitin for a Mate" type !!!
DICKIE BIRD EXPOSED!!
Brilliant .. !!!
Every Rat has his day !!

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

lefty wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:
LRO wrote:Brahma Lodge have informed Lefty they will not be participating in season 2013.
Why not LRO?
He doesn't have to justify his decision Jay they obviously have better plans for preseason & all the best to the Brahma boys.

We have other clubs that would love the opportunity to be involved. If any other club is interested just send a PM or call me on 0411 858 488.
Good to see LRO hasn't change his view on preseason games and who his team should play
Every Rat has his day !!

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

He doesn't have to justify his decision Jay they obviously have better plans for preseason & all the best to the Brahma boys.

We have other clubs that would love the opportunity to be involved. If any other club is interested just send a PM or call me on 0411 858 488.[/quote]
Good to see LRO hasn't change his view on preseason games and who his team should play[/quote]

Just my opinion Rodent, Im not the coach, just my opinion. As I said Lefty does a great job organising it and we did play in a Pre Season Cup this year. Just not my cup of tea.