SAASL offer to FFSA State League clubs

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

SAASL offer to FFSA State League clubs

Post by Wraith »

As we understand it with the 2013 season comprising two divisions of 12 teams, it leaves the state league with six clubs, a non-functional league, unless additional clubs are found or wish to join.

So in answer to a number of phone calls received concerning the South Australian Amateur Soccer League’s position, we would respond as follows.

To ensure clubs have a viable alternative competition we would offer the following opportunity for your consideration.

SEASON 2013

If one or two clubs were intent on joining the South Australian Amateur Soccer League they would be placed in our Premier Saturday Division 1 competition, thus giving us a 12 team structure.

If more than two clubs (assuming 6) then we would promote our top 4 Saturday clubs (based on 2012 results) to form a top 10 division league.

Happy to discuss any further required detail in the strictest of confidence by contacting the General Secretary (Alex Cichanowksi) on 0408 575075.

Regards

Alex Cichanowski
SAASL Inc – General Secretary

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: SAASL offer to FFSA State League clubs

Post by Wraith »

So essentially some Div 1 clubs could be up for relegation technically?

And Div 2 clubs could be aiming for promotion to Div 2?

Porky
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Porky »

The fed teams will have an initial poor first season as they succumb to the shock of not dominating as they expected

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

disgraceful if true for the existing clubs!

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Wow! Surely the saasl would not do this.

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

East 17 wrote:Wow! Surely the saasl would not do this.
Well they seem quite open to it.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

One would think it would be a work in progress open to consultation, suggestions and discussions.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

What about current state league clubs that already have an amateur entity.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Cantona.7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona.7 »

Would be disappointing for Sat Div 2 Teams that potentially get promoted to the second division.....
But I guess it would strengthen the Saturday comp.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Cantona.7 wrote:Would be disappointing for Sat Div 2 Teams that potentially get promoted to the second division.....

Would it though, who says the state league clubs are better than what is already there?

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Cantona.7 wrote:Would be disappointing for Sat Div 2 Teams that potentially get promoted to the second division.....

Would it though, who says the state league clubs are better than what is already there?
Exactly....

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

The better state clubs are going to be promoted so there's no point discussing them; however I think the lower State League clubs are at the comparative level of the better sides of Sat Div 1

Chips
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chips »

They should be playing off at least div 2 promoted teams to determine strength.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wraith wrote:The better state clubs are going to be promoted so there's no point discussing them; however I think the lower State League clubs are at the comparative level of the better sides of Sat Div 1

there you have it, we do not know the answer we can only think what is true. No slight on your thoughts but it comes down to opinion.

Don't see why these teams shoud be given a free ride.

I don't know the answer, but of the likely teams how many used to be in saasl?

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Of course it comes down to opinion.

Ive seen teams on a weekly basis so that's how it's formed.

But I do agree, they shouldn't be getting a free ride.

But the league would have buckleys chance of getting them to migrate if they were told they'd have to start out in the lowest division.

We Done Ya
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by We Done Ya »

Wraith wrote:The better state clubs are going to be promoted so there's no point discussing them; however I think the lower State League clubs are at the comparative level of the better sides of Sat Div 1

there you have it, we do not know the answer we can only think what is true. No slight on your thoughts but it comes down to opinion.

Of the current State League teams, The Cove, NAB, Toros and Gawler have progressed from SAASL to FFSA in the last 10 or so years. The Cove have virtually sewn up promotion already which leaves NAB Toros and Gawler the only ones possibly moving back.

The worry for most FFSA clubs will be whether their junior teams will drop to JSL if something like that goes ahead as per FFSA junior regulations. Rendering the exercise pointless for a club like Sturt Lions whose senior teams were created as a means of securing their Juniors in the JPL's.

zebbie
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by zebbie »

Wraith wrote:As we understand it with the 2013 season comprising two divisions of 12 teams, it leaves the state league with six clubs, a non-functional league, unless additional clubs are found or wish to join.

So in answer to a number of phone calls received concerning the South Australian Amateur Soccer League’s position, we would respond as follows.

To ensure clubs have a viable alternative competition we would offer the following opportunity for your consideration.

SEASON 2013

If one or two clubs were intent on joining the South Australian Amateur Soccer League they would be placed in our Premier Saturday Division 1 competition, thus giving us a 12 team structure.

If more than two clubs (assuming 6) then we would promote our top 4 Saturday clubs (based on 2012 results) to form a top 10 division league.

Happy to discuss any further required detail in the strictest of confidence by contacting the General Secretary (Alex Cichanowksi) on 0408 575075.

Regards

Alex Cichanowski
SAASL Inc – General Secretary

10 clubs in division 1
9 clubs in division 2
10 clubs in division 3
12 clubs in division 4
9 clubs in division 5

2013 (assuming 6 clubs enter)

add 6 state clubs into div 1 and relegate bottom 5 clubs from div 1 = 16-5 = 11 teams

only allow 1 club to promote from div 2

which means 12 clubs in division 1

the 5 relegated div 1 clubs will add to the 8 clubs in div 2 now (because 1 one was promoted) = 5 + 8 = 13

relegated 3 clubs in division 2, and promote 2 clubs in division 3

therefore 12 clubs are left to compete in division 2

division 3 will now have 8 clubs (because 2 were promoted) + 3 div 2 relegated clubs = 8+3 = 11

if 3 clubs are relegated from div 3 and 2 clubs are promoted from div 4, therefore 11-3+2= 10 clubs in div 3.

now this means div 4 will have 10 clubs ( 2 are promoted) + 3 div 3 relegated clubs = 13 clubs

simply relegate 3 clubs in div 4 and promote top 2 from div 5, leaving the div 6 alone

so you will end up having in the year 2013

division 1: 12 clubs
division 2: 12 clubs
division 3: 10 clubs
division 4: 12 clubs
division 5: 10 clubs

problem solved!

edit::
alternatively, promote 3 existing clubs from division 2 and stick the worst 2 state teams out of the 6 into division 2
Last edited by zebbie on Mon May 28, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

UniSA wrote:

Of the current State League teams, The Cove, NAB, Toros and Gawler have progressed from SAASL to FFSA in the last 10 or so years. The Cove have virtually sewn up promotion already which leaves NAB Toros and Gawler the only ones possibly moving back.

The worry for most FFSA clubs will be whether their junior teams will drop to JSL if something like that goes ahead as per FFSA junior regulations. Rendering the exercise pointless for a club like Sturt Lions whose senior teams were created as a means of securing their Juniors in the JPL's.

well sturt have been around for 2 (??) seasons and they are going to jump straight into division 1. Cove made the jump and then rewarded with an easy ride back, what division were NAB and toros in when they left?

I agree with what wraith said about getting them across but why should it be to the detriment of other established teams.

How is it going to affect teams in div 2? If 6 teams come across, it effectivey means that 6 teams are playing a season to stay in the same division and 3 teams relegated 2 divisions. This is not what we signed up to.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

zebbie wrote:only allow 1 club to promote from div 2

the 5 relegated div 1 clubs will add to the 8 clubs in div 2 now (because 1 one was promoted) = 5 + 8 = 13

if 3 clubs are relegated from div 3 and 2 clubs are promoted from div 4,

these were not the goalposts that those teams signed up to though. Surely, you can't change the promotion/relegation when you're 6 games into a season.

zebbie
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by zebbie »

these were not the goalposts that those teams signed up to though. Surely, you can't change the promotion/relegation when you're 6 games into a season.
not even a third through, I think it will just increase the excitement and competition of the league

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

why are all these buffoons running football in this state? just driving the wedge further between the SAASL / FFSA no doubt. i wonder if brutus01 consulted his members who he answers to (the CLUBS) before sending that email.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

zebbie wrote:

not even a third through, I think it will just increase the excitement and competition of the league

whether it will increase the excitement is irrelevant. It's not the season that they signed up for. A team would finish 2nd and end up 2 divisions below where they thought they would be.

PLUS, it's not even a third of the season but it's still at a proposal stage. When will it be decided, after a 3rd of the season, a half, at the end of it, a week for the 2013 season??

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Valid point you raise..

zebbie
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by zebbie »

these were not the goalposts that those teams signed up to though. Surely, you can't change the promotion/relegation when you're 6 games into a season.[/quote]

not even a third through, I think it will just increase the excitement and competition of the league[/quote]

whether it will increase the excitement is irrelevant. It's not the season that they signed up for. A team would finish 2nd and end up 2 divisions below where they thought they would be.

PLUS, it's not even a third of the season but it's still at a proposal stage. When will it be decided, after a 3rd of the season, a half, at the end of it, a week for the 2013 season??[/quote]

Finish top, get promoted - the way I did it was exactly the same as it is today, apart from only 1 or 3 teams being promoted from div 2

Finish bottom 3 and bye bye

you dont end up 2 divisions lower...

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

I'm sure Sturt would probably abandon their State League side and focus on their Saturday SAASL Premier league side !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

zebbie wrote:Finish top, get promoted - the way I did it was exactly the same as it is today, apart from only 1 or 3 teams being promoted from div 2

You are correct, but you would be a division lower. You would be expecting to be in the top flight and you wouldn't be. This was before your edit.

The vast majority of teams would effectively be relegated under this proposal.

Finish 7th in Division 2 and where do you end up?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

swannsong wrote:I'm sure Sturt would probably abandon their State League side and focus on their Saturday SAASL Premier league side !

I was under the impression that Sturt Lions were a completely different entity to Sturt Marion

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

swannsong wrote:I'm sure Sturt would probably abandon their State League side and focus on their Saturday SAASL Premier league side !

No longer associated Swanny. Would be a bit weird having two Sturts in Div1 though.

zebbie
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by zebbie »

zebbie wrote:Finish top, get promoted - the way I did it was exactly the same as it is today, apart from only 1 or 3 teams being promoted from div 2

You are correct, but you would be a division lower. You would be expecting to be in the top flight and you wouldn't be. This was before your edit.

The vast majority of teams would effectively be relegated under this proposal.

Finish 7th in Division 2 and where do you end up?
7th you will stay, teams 8, 9 and 10 will go - 8th place is hardly an achievement

We Done Ya
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by We Done Ya »

Ummm, they arent even the same club.