Results: Saturday 19th of May

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

hatzipp
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Results: Saturday 19th of May

Post by hatzipp »

Stitch This wrote:
penalty wrote:SAT DIV 1 A's
Adelaide Villa 2 BOSA 6
Bs
Adelaide Villa 2 BOSA 4

AV's Steak sandwiches are a bargain!
C's

St Peters 0 BOSA 5

A couple of crackers from the Pres - Jenga, Vin Diesel and Mr F8ckin with singles.

Any other C's news for the day?

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Cantona.7 wrote:Well done to the Hahndorf boys. Good group of boys. Will be very surprised if they don't stay up. Best side we have played apart from Vipers.
The game was certainly closer than the score suggests.

Chade
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chade »

C's

St Peters 0 BOSA 5

A couple of crackers from the Pres - Jenga, Vin Diesel and Mr F8ckin with singles.

Any other C's news for the day?
Cove 2 - Uni 2.

Cove would consider themselves fortunate, I think...

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Steve#6 wrote:
Chips wrote:Comets As 2 Vipers 0
Bs 0-1
Cs 1-0
Vipers c's down 2-1 to Dragon Rangers.....Anyone at this match would have seen a perfect example why the SAASL should be stricter
on letting clubs in that are mates and just want a kick around. I know it is the Amatuer League but FMD..... :roll:
What happened, can you elaborate?

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Saturday Division 1

Code: Select all

P  W  D  L  GF  GA   GD    PT
STURT MARION       5  4  0  1    8    3     +5    12
ADELAIDE UNI         5  3  1  1  12    7     +5    10
OLD IGNATIANS       5  3  1  1   6    5     +1    10
ST PETERS             5  2  1  2  11   9     +2     7
ADELAIDE VILLA      5  2  1  2   9   14     -5     7
BOSA                5  2  0  3  12  10     +2     6
SALISBURY VILLA    5  2  0  3  12   13    -1     6
WANDERERS           5  2  0  3  10  14    -4      6
STIRLING               5  1  1  3   6   7    -1       4
MA HAWKS             5  1  1  3   8  12    -4      4

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Steve#6 wrote:
Bs 0-1
Cs 1-0
Vipers c's down 2-1 to Dragon Rangers.....Anyone at this match would have seen a perfect example why the SAASL should be stricter
on letting clubs in that are mates and just want a kick around. I know it is the Amatuer League but FMD..... :roll:

What did vipers do that was so wrong?

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

To Mati wrote:
Steve#6 wrote:
Bs 0-1
Cs 1-0
What happened, can you elaborate?
Let's just say the pitch condition/location and organisation before, during and after the match was very lacking.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Steve#6 wrote:
Bs 0-1
Cs 1-0

What did vipers do that was so wrong?
Lost to Comets :wink:

Tigerboy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Tigerboy »

Juventino wrote:
Cantona.7 wrote:Well done to the Hahndorf boys. Good group of boys. Will be very surprised if they don't stay up. Best side we have played apart from Vipers.
The game was certainly closer than the score suggests.

Yer, Hahndorf have lost a few players and the current team are very hard working, but tend to shoot themselves in the foot and all the hard work goes up in flames!! But long way to go yet and we should get things right soon, I hope.

Thanks to RBE for 3 good games of football which had passion, skill and fair play. Good luck for the rest of the season in keeping the top spot.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

A's - S.Villa 5-1 Hawks

Hawks missing some key players were never in the game with Villa dominating from the start. Villa starting to gel and looking good.

B's - S.Villa 1-0 Hawks

Great win by the lads after the thumping from Wanderers last round. Villa with plenty of missed chances, and whilst the hawks were very competitive around the ground they lacked a little upfront and only troubled the Villa goal on a couple of occasions. Villa did well to grind out an away win.

C's - Hawks 3-1 S.Villa

Villa a little unlucky on the day after missing a lot of easy chances (open goals :roll: ) and conceding some soft goals.

Great pitch and facilities down at the hawks, and I know we all like to bag refs on here from time to time but I'd like to give credit to the hawk's club ref who officiated the C's and B's games. Although a little bias at times (which you expect) for the most part he did a great job and more importantly was seen and hardly heard. Good luck to hawks for the rest of the season and well done Villa.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

East Boy wrote:
redders wrote:Sturt Marion vs Stirling

A's 1-0 (Ironside) Full time
B's 3-3 (Shelmerdine, Redmond, McElroy)
C's 1-1 (Grey)
On fire buddy! When's the call up to the A's? :)
the REAL one wrote:
Redders on the scoresheet again...
Really enjoying playing again!! The A's are doing the job at the moment so its a hard team to get into.

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Div 3

A's: ACU Falcons 2 - 2 Adelaide Uni 2

B's: ACU Falcons 0 - 5 Adelaide Uni 2

mantzy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by mantzy »

ADELAIDE PUMAS V HAZARA

A's 1-0

B's 3-0

C's PUMAS - NORTHERN WOLVES
1-7

dominating game fron both Pumas A's and B's once again well done boys.

LenBhoy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LenBhoy »

2012 Sat Premier wrote:loving that hardly anyone has tipped OISC in the first 5 rounds and we've come away with 3 wins and 1 draw !!

well in Wolves! :D
and well done Iggy's but maybe some credit should be due to last year's coaches. A's and B's form over the second half of last season more than ensured a rosy future for the club's focal teams.

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

OISC 8)
2 points off top 8)
4 wins out of 5 for a big day at the Glenunga Superdome 8)

Kicked off with a fantastic 5-3 win for our Div 6 side. Came back from 2-0 and 3-2 down. A couple of errors from the Wanderers keeper proved decisive. A shame, because he generally had a pretty good game. Good to get back to winning ways in a very tough division.

Div 4 reserves should've won by more. It was only 1-0 at half time, despite dominating the play. Floodgates opened in the second half, but still wasted a few chances.

Only saw the first 55 minutes of the Div 1 A grade, but it was a great performance up until then. Wanderers first goal was dubious (offside, but our linesman), but the guys recovered well. Fantastic finish by Joncheff for the second goal at the start of the second half. 25-30 yards out, given time and space, and rocketed the ball into the top corner.

2 points off top and looking very strong.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

LenBhoy wrote:
2012 Sat Premier wrote:loving that hardly anyone has tipped OISC in the first 5 rounds and we've come away with 3 wins and 1 draw !!

and well done Iggy's but maybe some credit should be due to last year's coaches. A's and B's form over the second half of last season more than ensured a rosy future for the club's focal teams.
Last years B Grade coach was the best Iggies had there during my time. Had them playing some decent football. However, too many kids at the club who know very little about football and kept seeing their mates getting dropped and wanted to see 87 passes and the Centre Half still having the ball.

Personally I was VERY happy when they treated him like cabernet as their loss was our gain.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

1.angkor wrote:sat div 4

Angkor hornbill 6 flinders 1 (A)
Scorer ( Boree 5) (Zoltan 1)

Angkor hornbill 5 Flinders 4 (B)
Is that Boree from Eliz Grove??

Βόρειας Κύπρου
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Βόρειας Κύπρου »

LenBhoy wrote:

Last years B Grade coach was the best Iggies had there during my time. Had them playing some decent football. However, too many kids at the club who know very little about football and kept seeing their mates getting dropped and wanted to see 87 passes and the Centre Half still having the ball.

Personally I was VERY happy when they treated him like cabernet as their loss was our gain.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
aftos pou pidai pola paloukia tha tou hothi kai ena sto kolo

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Uncle Cracker wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I know he started the season off with Grove and have not seen anything posted about him leaving them.

F&F
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by F&F »

I would like to thank all the guys from the Modbury Jets for great day on Saturday, not just for a great game of football, they spent a fair bit at the bar. expect the same from us in the return leg. a good bunch of guys down at the Jets.

Honda18
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Honda18 »

East 17 wrote:
Uncle Cracker wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I know he started the season off with Grove and have not seen anything posted about him leaving them.
yes it is, i was kinda home sick feel more comfortable playing with mates. Will definately give div1 another crack next year.

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

F&F wrote:I would like to thank all the guys from the Modbury Jets for great day on Saturday, not just for a great game of football, they spent a fair bit at the bar. expect the same from us in the return leg. a good bunch of guys down at the Jets.
Well said mate......great day all round, Ross with 3 crackers for the A's deserves a mention......and the first cracking goal for the C's was awesome :wink: .

Thanks to Jets......top bunch of blokes on and off the field.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Jack Mehorf wrote:
F&F wrote:I would like to thank all the guys from the Modbury Jets for great day on Saturday, not just for a great game of football, they spent a fair bit at the bar. expect the same from us in the return leg. a good bunch of guys down at the Jets.
Well said mate......great day all round, Ross with 3 crackers for the A's deserves a mention......and the first cracking goal for the C's was awesome :wink: .

would say the same about most of the Cougars as well, just a few spoil it for you.

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

In regards to Angakor!!!!!!!

How is Buoy going?....quality player........I'll have him back when you're ready :) You're welcome also :wink:

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Jack Mehorf wrote:

would say the same about most of the Cougars as well, just a few spoil it for you.
I think Cougars are on the improve....there's a few calmer heads around that try and settle things when it gets a bit heated. The Cougars of old would have got out of hand......All in all, besides a bit of push and shove in the B's not too bad TBH.

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Honda18 wrote: yes it is, i was kinda home sick feel more comfortable playing with mates. Will definately give div1 another crack next year.
Are Angkor a new team? Are these the same mates/ team you were playing with before going to the Grove?

More pressure on Docherty now without you being able to slot a few home.

Honda18
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Honda18 »

East 17 wrote:
Honda18 wrote: yes it is, i was kinda home sick feel more comfortable playing with mates. Will definately give div1 another crack next year.
Are Angkor a new team? Are these the same mates/ team you were playing with before going to the Grove?

Yeah we are a new team. Like Jack said Bawi is a quality player, have known him for a long time but never get the chance to play in the same team so we thought we put in a team together.

not looking good for the grove last 2 week but i think they will bounce back they are a good club

Fudpucker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fudpucker »

It must be frustrating and disheartening for the other Div 4 sides to know they are coming up against Boree Kieng who was a prominent goalscorer for Elizabeth Grove.

The fact that you smashed Flinders 6-1 and they are already one of the toughest sides in Div 4 is a complete joke.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Jack Mehorf wrote:I think Cougars are on the improve....there's a few calmer heads around that try and settle things when it gets a bit heated. The Cougars of old would have got out of hand......All in all, besides a bit of push and shove in the B's not too bad TBH.
A little bit more than push and shove (one incident in particular stands out, when the ball was in the back of the net for the 6th).

Even his own team mates were apologising for him, stating he was a grenache. That aside as I said, had no problem with the blokes who were marking me and they seemed like decent enough blokes who played it hard but fair. Just 3/4 blokes did their best to ruin it for the others.

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Honda18 wrote:
East 17 wrote:

Yeah we are a new team. Like Jack said Bawi is a quality player, have known him for a long time but never get the chance to play in the same team so we thought we put in a team together.

not looking good for the grove last 2 week but i think they will bounce back they are a good club
This team would push most sides in div 2.......you're gonna do a lot of running trying to keep up with them if you don't have the quality of players to keep the ball. Hope they can stick around long enough to give the bigger clubs a crack. They let the ball do all the talking for them :!: