New Club for 2013

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

JogaBonito
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: New Club for 2013

Post by JogaBonito »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
terryball wrote:I remember a bunch of mates having a kick around in a park next to the Salisbury railway station about thirty years ago, the numbers grew and they moved to Salisbury primary school.The numbers grew even more,they decided to join the amatuer league ,starting their fledgling from what is now Para Hills West soccer club.They move on from there to their now humble dwellings at Martins rd Parafield Gdns, and are known as Salisbury Villa. So it can be done,good luck to you and youre mates,(build it and the will come)
Im not trying to be controversial & I'm certainly not against any New Club joining our Association.
I do believe our Association Leaders has a responsibility to its current & Existing Clubs. That is, would they allow this NEW Club to Register if there ground was right next to a Existing Club, let just say this New Club was able to obtain the school grounds right next to Para Hills West? Would they consider what impact a New Club right next door would have on Para Hills West with player numbers, Council Grants, Sponsorship from the local area, ect. ect. because it definatley would have some impact.
I struggle with the thought that a New "TEAM" such as the one proposed on this post can register with our League with no thought of any of our Associations Existing Clubs. Also when you have Division 2 Clubs such as Vikings struggling for player numbers, it really doesn't make any sence at all.
I think the thing your also forgetting terryball is that when Para Hills West was formed in the early 70's there was a Quarter of the Clubs in our Association.

Our Clubs & our Sport compete with many, many other Clubs & Sports. I believe th at our Association should help its Existing Clubs before they invest in any NEW CLUBS especially those who just want a social kick around ....

Many of these struggling clubs etc... should rely less on council grants and sponsorship and try to be more self funded.
Clubs shouldn't try to be bigger that than really are.
This is the problem facing not only local league clubs, but Clubs around the world.
Why pay players to play? Don't!
If you can't afford to play div 1, 2 or 3 play div 5,6 or 7.

Also plan your social activities better to improve your funding.
Two phone calls this morning have allowed for me to reserve sausage sizzles outside Bunnings on Saturday and Sunday.
Be smart about about your funds.
Don't live above your limits.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

This coming from someone who hasn't even run a Club
Vikings never paid players unfortunately they were located in a bad area were you have 30 or more Clubs is a 5 km radius drawing on playing stocks. Simple
JogaBonito I'm pretty sure the only things Club make money on is the Bar, Canteen, Sponsorship, Donations & Fund Raisers. Grants are essential if you wish to improve facilities
Last edited by KING NUGGETT on Fri May 18, 2012 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

What area are you looking at Joga?

Bet you are glad you asked that initial question :lol: :lol:

JogaBonito
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JogaBonito »

Steve#6 wrote:What area are you looking at Joga?

Currently 80% of our players would reside in the area where there are 30 other clubs.
As for the area, its not a big deal for us.

As mentioned before ultimately we would prefer to play all away games, meaning no ground required.
If we need/can get one then depends on financially what is better for us.

We haven't got sponsors, so i guess the ground we could share with someone is only going to have more value to the residing club.
After all, their sponsors will get more traffic through the ground to view the signage.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

JogaBonito wrote:

Currently 80% of our players would reside in the area where there are 30 other clubs.

As mentioned before ultimately we would prefer to play all away games, meaning no ground required.

We haven't got sponsors, so i guess the ground we could share with someone is only going to have more value to the residing club.
After all, their sponsors will get more traffic through the ground to view the signage.
But if you play on the ground when the host club isn't there, there won't be any signage.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

JogaBonito wrote:

You don't want to say which area?

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

It would be absolutely ridiculous to Register a New Club in a area were you have 30 or more Clubs around the Area drawing from player stocks & resources. I'm all for Expanding the League but not to the detriment of Existing Clubs. I believe if the League has a Application for a New Club these factors should be taken into account. It's pretty bloody simple

Est.1966

JogaBonito
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JogaBonito »

Steve#6 wrote:
JogaBonito wrote:

You don't want to say which area?

Most of us live out west

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

JogaBonito wrote:
No ground means no training?

JogaBonito
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JogaBonito »

acu_falcon wrote:
JogaBonito wrote:
No ground means no training?

Not at all, but you have to be realistic as well.
In winter, cold, rain - we will face the same struggles existing clubs face. Lack of players at training.
We might just opt to join a futsal league someone, and register a couple of teams.
Its not the same, be it does keep the fitness up and save us having a training session with 7 or 8 players.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Like PPG said earlier, you seem to have everything figured out.

Your purpose for asking your original question seems perplexing given you've answered all your own questions. All you've managed to do is annoy other established clubs.

Nugg, they won’t be stealing players as they have their own group already, so plays no effect to existing clubs. They could just easily do what the cougars c’s did, which is pretty much bring a whole squad, attach themselves to the club, and play, but they’re destined to create something ‘new’.

What this ‘new’ concept you’re purporting to is sounds exactly like a 7-a-side team to be honest. Nothing new. Buy kit from Asia, just rock up to games, always play ‘away’.

I’m guessing you’ll never train given you don’t need a home ground and during winter you’ll never find a public park with floodlights on it that you can train on without paying public liability insurance to the home council.

Also, pretty sure you didn't just get a Bunnings BBQ as I know some other clubs tried at the start of the year to get one this year and haven't been able to as yet.

Maybe you should try the Collegiates.

JogaBonito
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JogaBonito »

Lucas Leiva wrote:Like PPG said earlier, you seem to have everything figured out.

Your purpose for asking your original question seems perplexing given you've answered all your own questions. All you've managed to do is annoy other established clubs.

Nugg, they won’t be stealing players as they have their own group already, so plays no effect to existing clubs. They could just easily do what the cougars c’s did, which is pretty much bring a whole squad, attach themselves to the club, and play, but they’re destined to create something ‘new’.

What this ‘new’ concept you’re purporting to is sounds exactly like a 7-a-side team to be honest. Nothing new. Buy kit from Asia, just rock up to games, always play ‘away’.

I’m guessing you’ll never train given you don’t need a home ground and during winter you’ll never find a public park with floodlights on it that you can train on without paying public liability insurance to the home council.

Also, pretty sure you didn't just get a Bunnings BBQ as I know some other clubs tried at the start of the year to get one this year and haven't been able to as yet.

Maybe you should try the Collegiates.

Cheers.
As for the Bunnings BBQ - I did. for mid 2013.
Thanks.

Porky
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Porky »

PASC wrote:
JogaBonito wrote:Are you hinting you play with unregistered players that you randomly call at the early hours of the morning?

We will start with a minimum of 20 players.
We hope that will be enough to field 11 every week.

Every player we register after that, is financially a bonus.
what happens when 18 of u come to a game and everyone wants a kick bcoz they have payed up ??
play in Div 8...clubs do interchange at C grade level.....FOB "fields old boys" are a single team club and play in that league and are a good side....they have their names on their shirts also so maybe worth getting into contact with them...they play at the back of Playfords ground

Porky
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Porky »

KING NUGGETT wrote:It would be absolutely ridiculous to Register a New Club in a area were you have 30 or more Clubs around the Area drawing from player stocks & resources. I'm all for Expanding the League but not to the detriment of Existing Clubs. I believe if the League has a Application for a New Club these factors should be taken into account. It's pretty bloody simple
FFS the bloke just wants to put in a single team.....why should he have to join an existing club...if they fold, they fold...that's why they'll be in the lower divisions geez

BeogradGeneralsC's
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BeogradGeneralsC's »

Another club looking to be established out west :)

meh, it may be destined for greatness... or not... kudos for putting the balls on the line a little and going for it.

Or it maybe a "Lite" version of a club (i.e. a team masquerading as a club)

Good luck with it... definitely a different business model.

Should it be successful, there is the issue then of the inherent difficulty with expansion especially if you don't want to train, have no facilities, have no revenue (other than from being self funded).

If you have players from all around teh world, there is no specific ethnic link, you could pick a variety of clubs that you could carve out a bit of a niche with, enjoy having the infrastructure and maybe building a bigger and better club. I am sure they may negotiate having your strip as an "alternate" just to give you your unique identity etc.

Western Strikers Cs (formerly Vikings Cs) have mastered the art of club jumping - a practice that i dont recommend.

I think you can have your "cake and eat it too" by affiliating yourself with an existing club with infrastructure and create your own identity.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Lucas Leiva youve got it all wrong I'm not worried this New Club are going to take Gardens players at all...
I'm thinking of the smaller less Established Clubs like Vikings & others who struggle with player numbers & all Clubs face this at one time or another. I believe our Association is only as strong as its weakest Club & Our Association should help promote & help keep its Exsiting Clubs viable as much as possible. I don't believe they need any more Clubs in the Western Suburbs ATM & that may change in the future but at this point in time there not needed. Have none of you heard of the supply & demand theory? I would like to stress this is only MY opinion, not that of my Clubs or anyone associated to my Club....

Est.1966

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Supply and demand - you're talking about a capitalist model which allows the best run organisations to survive at the expense of those not able to run as efficiently/effectively.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

I Can't believe the rubbish that has been dribbled in this topic. JogaBonito has come on here asking only about team colors - he has already obviously worked the rest out and almost every single response he has received has been don't do it, Join an existing club, what are you going to do for your home ground, you will need corner flags nets etc, your budget won't include medical equipment or powerade, you need to recruit bla bla.

Everyone needs to re-read the original post. It's the Amateur league, do you think there are no other teams created from just a group of friends?
Entering a team in the SAASL - even if it is just a social kick around between an existing group of friends is easily achievable especially if there is no intention to grow or recruit unknowns. They may want to call themselves Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious FC, it doesn't matter, as long as they stick to the league rules and pay the fees as required.

Good Luck Jogabonito.

JogaBonito
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JogaBonito »

To Mati wrote:I Can't believe the rubbish that has been dribbled in this topic. JogaBonito has come on here asking only about team colors - he has already obviously worked the rest out and almost every single response he has received has been don't do it, Join an existing club, what are you going to do for your home ground, you will need corner flags nets etc, your budget won't include medical equipment or powerade, you need to recruit bla bla.

Everyone needs to re-read the original post. It's the Amateur league, do you think there are no other teams created from just a group of friends?
Entering a team in the SAASL - even if it is just a social kick around between an existing group of friends is easily achievable especially if there is no intention to grow or recruit unknowns. They may want to call themselves Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious FC, it doesn't matter, as long as they stick to the league rules and pay the fees as required.

Good Luck Jogabonito.

Thanks To Mati

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

But he said no barbecue. :(

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

otto62 wrote:Supply and demand - you're talking about a capitalist model which allows the best run organisations to survive at the expense of those not able to run as efficiently/effectively.
otto62 let's just say a groups of Freinds got together in Stirling & decided to start there own Soccer
Club one of the Freinds in the group won the 70 Million in OZ Lotto & decided to invest a few million into the set up of a Brand New Club in Stirling & alot closer to Stirling than yours. Do you think that that Club would have any negative impact on your Club? I'm pretty sure it would have a big impact on your Club...

Est.1966

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Jogga won X Lotto :?: :shock: :shock:

I think the FFA may want to have a chat with him :lol: :lol:

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

It could even be a Major Sponsor not Oz Lotto it could happen!
My point is there are only so many people in Stirling who play Football or are prepared to travel to play. Just imagine 2 more Clubs in Stirling, that's supply & demand nothing to do with being a capitalist model

Est.1966

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

KING NUGGETT wrote:It could even be a Major Sponsor not Oz Lotto it could happen!
My point is there are only so many people in Stirling who play Football or are prepared to travel to play. Just imagine 2 more Clubs in Stirling, that's supply & demand nothing to do with being a capitalist model
I know...Just lightening the mood :D :wink:

Porky
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Porky »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
otto62 wrote:Supply and demand - you're talking about a capitalist model which allows the best run organisations to survive at the expense of those not able to run as efficiently/effectively.
otto62 let's just say a groups of Freinds got together in Stirling & decided to start there own Soccer
Club one of the Freinds in the group won the 70 Million in OZ Lotto & decided to invest a few million into the set up of a Brand New Club in Stirling & alot closer to Stirling than yours. Do you think that that Club would have any negative impact on your Club? I'm pretty sure it would have a big impact on your Club...
Ok so now your saying the saasl shouldn't let someone with 70 million behind them invest in an amateur soccer club.

egg and chips
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by egg and chips »

Jogga, I have been to a number of games in the lower divisions over the last few years and have noticed that some (not all) teams have a variety of different coloured socks and shorts within their own club. I don't believe that the change of sock rule will be policed as much (if at all) in the lower echelons (where you will have to start) of the SAASL.
Providing your team has the same brand, style and colour of socks, shorts and shirts it should not be a major issue. However, when it comes to playing all your games at your opponents ground what would potentially happen if two or three clubs all had the same attitude and were playing in the same division, you could potentially have a large chunk of the season not getting played. Furthermore, whilst you are willing to pay for the referee when it is your home fixture, you might find some clubs (who also do not have a BBQ / Canteen to generate additional funds) asking for you to also pay for the ground hire.

Ciudad Juarez
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ciudad Juarez »

Steve#6 wrote:Jogga won X Lotto :?: :shock: :shock:

I think the FFA may want to have a chat with him :lol: :lol:
Yeah that's why he is going online to Asia for strips! :lol: :lol:
Formerly known as El Paso del Norte

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Although I'm no longer on the committee, I think we could negotiate a buy out of our club. 8)
(Our equivalent of a Russian/American billionaire?)
Look out, top of the league here we come! I'm salivating at the prospect of improved facilities, etc. :lol:

By the way, we've already dealt with the arrival of Hills Hawks .... then Hahndorf entering the league .... then Mt Barker .... Mt Lofty Eagles. One more club with no facilities wouldn't affect us that much.
Also, unlike down on the flat, there aren't that many grounds available, the ones that are have no spare capacity and the weather means you couldn't use a ground every week for seniors and expect it not to turn to slush.
Don't you worry about us, you'd better focus on stopping joga from nicking your players. :wink:
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Der kaiser
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Der kaiser »

Hi Jogabonito - just wishing you luck in setting everything up. Being involved in Club administration, it involves work on a daily basis just to organise the simplest of things, so all the best in your endeavours.

There is a wider issue here though in the one that Nugget has raised and I tend to also agree with him that the SAASL need to look at tightening up entry requirements for any new clubs. I'm not suggesting they ban the creation of new clubs in certain areas, but at the moment it seems like anybody can go and set up a Club, even in situations when it may not be best for the league as a whole.

Clubs that have poor administration generally fail, but more importantly, when they fail they affect the broader league - situations like Allstars United - where they formed in the last 5 years and struggled administratively (poor or no line marking, didn't mow the lawn on the pitch, struggle with Club referees and linesmen etc) and then pulled out of the Div 2 Saturday League this year a week out from the start of the competition, leaving that league with 9 teams.

There is also the issue of Clubs that may be banned or suspended from the SAASL just reforming under a new name with 80% of the same players.

New clubs and growth of the game should always be welcomed, but in my opinion there is little point in continually adding new clubs if there are no minimum requirements (constitutions, executive committees, minimum number of players, bonds, minimum % of players new to the league etc).

Anyway, good luck Jogabonito and all the best, but i definitely think long term the Amatuer league needs to think about putting minimum requirements around the formation of new clubs so that the league has strong, vibrant and sustainable Clubs that are here for many years to come.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Surely you can chat the northen pitbulls who have just started up this year, white knee high bus driver socks going cheap at Target and get the power to throw some shirts at you at least then they may get some real men wearing them...... :lol: :lol:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...