Is SAASL part of FFSA or not??

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Is SAASL part of FFSA or not??

Post by rooboy1986 »

http://saasra.wikispaces.com/2.+The+Association

SAASRA was formed in May 1978. The Association is an affiliated member of the Football Federation of South Australia (“FFSA” refer www.ffsa.com.au). FFSA is the state branch of the Football Federation of Australia (‘FFA” - refer www.footballaustralia.com.au) which is the national body controlling football in Australia.
The Association’s two primary objectives are to provide referees for fixtures played in the FFSA Amateur Division (operated under a business license by the SA Amateur Soccer League) and to promote the interests of football referees.

leo64
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Is SAASL part of FFSA or not??

Post by leo64 »

This is the problem we faced tring to have a trial with titans and we are immanuel collegiate. we both have insurance but they wont cover each other playing either home ground .crazy

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

leo64 wrote:This is the problem we faced tring to have a trial with titans and we are immanuel collegiate. we both have insurance but they wont cover each other playing either home ground .crazy
SAASL have no problem with it but the FFSA won't any affliated sides to play against non affliated sides.

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

At the moment FFSA are a fricking joke and if any of their articles of association or indeed any other motherhood statements, they have, purport to promote the interests of Football in this state they should remove them immediately. Their inward looking and elitist attitude has done nothing but build walls and barriers in this state.

The so called leaders of the FFSA should either do their job and unite our game or else hang their heads in shame and move on and allow someone else with real leadership skills to take the reins.

There quite possible is not a single reasoned Football loving person in SA who doesn't beleive that the game should be united and run by a single entity pursuing one goal of promoting our great game.

If so, then you would have to work harder to keep the staus quo then to do the right thing and bring us all together.

SHAME SHAME SHAME

LosMerengues20
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LosMerengues20 »

Jay Slowly Running wrote:
leo64 wrote:This is the problem we faced tring to have a trial with titans and we are immanuel collegiate. we both have insurance but they wont cover each other playing either home ground .crazy
SAASL have no problem with it but the FFSA won't any affliated sides to play against non affliated sides.
I believe back in 2010 the FFSA actually fined Modbury Jets for having a preseason friendly with Florina

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

The information on that website is clearly incorrect.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

LosMerengues20 wrote:
I believe back in 2010 the FFSA actually fined Modbury Jets for having a preseason friendly with Florina
Indeed it was 2010 I believe !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Not to worry. When SAASL is part of Clive Palmer's Football Australia empire you guys can call the shots.
AdelaideNow wrote:While Rees's job was to become Palmer's player representative, ex Football Federation SA president Gary Collis was summoned by the billionaire for talks in Brisbane yesterday. It's understood Collis was acting on behalf of the South Australian Amateur Soccer League.
I wonder if SAASL consulted their member clubs on this? :lol:
Time for some righteous indignation

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Stitch This wrote:Not to worry. When SAASL is part of Clive Palmer's Football Australia empire you guys can call the shots.
AdelaideNow wrote:While Rees's job was to become Palmer's player representative, ex Football Federation SA president Gary Collis was summoned by the billionaire for talks in Brisbane yesterday. It's understood Collis was acting on behalf of the South Australian Amateur Soccer League.
I wonder if SAASL consulted their member clubs on this? :lol:
Firstly, Val is hardly a reliable source on these matters. Secondly, if true, nothing wrong with an organisation obtaining some information so that they can present an option for members to vote on. That's the difference between SAASL and the FFSA.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

[quote="Jay Slowly Running"]Firstly, Val is hardly a reliable source on these matters.
a fair point, but then you'd expect a strongly worded statement from a professional organisation such as SAASL, pointing out that the story was incorrect.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Stitch This wrote:
Jay Slowly Running wrote:Firstly, Val is hardly a reliable source on these matters.
a fair point, but then you'd expect a strongly worded statement from a professional organisation such as SAASL, pointing out that the story was incorrect.
The story was run today, the league isn't open till Wednesday and I doubt they really care. More important things to worry about than hearsay. I guess it was like when the State Government threatened to pull out the funding to the SAASL which totaled $0. After the Sports Minister had a meeting with the League, they then got funding :lol:

The League's PR might not be as slick and professional as other organisations but at least its honest and correct.

BANYA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BANYA »

Stitch This wrote:
Jay Slowly Running wrote:Firstly, Val is hardly a reliable source on these matters.
The story was run today, the league isn't open till Wednesday and I doubt they really care. More important things to worry about than hearsay. I guess it was like when the State Government threatened to pull out the funding to the SAASL which totaled $0. After the Sports Minister had a meeting with the League, they then got funding :lol:

The League's PR might not be as slick and professional as other organisations but at least its honest and correct.
Best you Stich That in your pipe and smoke it!!!
WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVALTINE? I MEAN ITS ROUND, WHY DONT THEY CALL IT ROUNDTINE.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

BANYA wrote:Best you Stich That in your pipe and smoke it!!!
I'll make sure I'm wearing the correct shin pads when I do.
Last edited by Stitch This on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BANYA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BANYA »

Stitch This wrote:
I'll make sure wearing the correct shin pads when I do.
:? English Please.
WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVALTINE? I MEAN ITS ROUND, WHY DONT THEY CALL IT ROUNDTINE.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Stitch This wrote:
I'll make sure wearing the correct shin pads when I do.
:lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Stitch This wrote:
I'll make sure I'm wearing the correct shin pads when I do.
:lol:

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

I dont think the ffsa want to be shown up by an amateur
organisation that's more professional than them....